M99
Onyx
Kaladin
El Chelsea Fuerte
S
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Atlético Madrid 4 - 1 AC Milan - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlético Madrid 4 - 1 AC Milan

Post by che Wed 12 Mar - 0:37:18

i dunno... costa followed the not exactly fast cross, if rami did it too he could have at least pushed him off balance

but anyway, i hope he won't be fully back to his usual dumbass self until milan pay up Laughing

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Atlético Madrid 4 - 1 AC Milan - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlético Madrid 4 - 1 AC Milan

Post by Arquitecto Wed 12 Mar - 0:44:32

che wrote:i dunno... costa followed the not exactly fast cross, if rami did it too he could have at least pushed him off balance

but anyway, i hope he won't be fully back to his usual dumbass self until milan pay up Laughing

What Rami should have done is actually eliminate the aerial threat by jumping upon the deceptive cross, but trailing him for the cross would be a difficult task especially when the goalkeeper is supposed to guard his post when other threats are available in the box. Only goal in the two ties that I feel could not have been prevented as such was the excellence of the finish.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 12 Mar - 1:02:11

Where are all the Allegri haters?

He was holding you back eh? Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed 12 Mar - 1:02:17

Gbye milan.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 12 Mar - 1:06:24

Milan fans were chanting "We had to come to Madrid to finally see Kaka score" Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 12 Mar - 1:25:30

Atleti are so GOAT it's not even funny. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 12 Mar - 1:38:33

Simeone: "There will be seven great teams in the quarterfinals and one humble one"

Humble & respectful Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed 12 Mar - 1:41:11

simeone needs to stfu and keep stacking all that spirit money
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 12 Mar - 1:42:08

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Simeone: "There will be seven great teams in the quarterfinals and one humble one"

Simeone. ProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 12 Mar - 2:26:13

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Simeone: "There will be seven great teams in the quarterfinals and one humble one"

Molenation
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Mar - 2:57:26

i can take all the humiliation and everything all the posters here throw at me lol, its that bad...

a dignified exit is one thing, but today athletico totally humiliated us lol,

its a disgrace what has just happened. i actually feel really sorry that Napoli got kicked out of CL in most undeserved way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed 12 Mar - 4:02:10

Deserved defeat and a deserved victory. I hope Atletico continue do do well in the competition.

As for Milan, it is the end of an era. We are now in a Liverpool-like lull without European competition for the forseeable future. Time will tell if our management and owner will react to the continued pleas of the fans to build Milan back to the levels of the glory days, through investment in youth, a new stadium and prudent purchases in the transfer market - especially in defence.

Forza Milan.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 12 Mar - 10:01:59

danyjr wrote:Where are all the Allegri haters?

Too busy hoeing tabac in the fields of Emilia-Romagna, wiping his brow and going "God i miss the days where we could've won against Sassuolo, Bologna and Livorno."
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed 12 Mar - 10:54:40

El Shaarawy wrote:
danyjr wrote:Where are all the Allegri haters?

Too busy hoeing tabac in the fields of Emilia-Romagna, wiping his brow and going "God i miss the days where we could've won against Sassuolo, Bologna and Livorno."
Did we even beat Sasuolo, Bologna and Livorno with Allegri this season? I don't think so.  :facepalm: 
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 12 Mar - 12:36:19

Atlético Madrid 4 - 1 AC Milan - Page 3 BieiiymCYAAsbZa

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 12 Mar - 13:38:25

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Europa is for chumps.  Most teams  in top leagues tank it so it doesn't affect league unless they have nothing to play for in league.  CL is all that counts.  In CL, La Liga has 3, Bundi 2, EPL 1, Ligue 1 one... and maybe Man U comes back against Olympiakos and that would make it 2 for EPL as well.

Ordinarily I would agree but considering Betis who are dead last in La Liga are in the round of 16 of teh Europa league is a huuuuge deal imo.

Betis have been in turmoil this season off the picth.
It's a bit dumb if you ask me. They need to concentrate on getting out of relegation and it's only 8 points. I don't understand why they would jeopardize survival over Europa... Besides, to get to where they are: Lost and drew to Lyon, beat Vitória SC twice and drew HNK Rijeka twice in pool. In the round of 1/16, they beat Rubin Kazan.

I'd actually be stunned if they didn't make it this far given the great draw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 12 Mar - 13:54:45

After 2007, Milan were really at the end of an era. However, we still maintained many of the old guards and managed to maintain some sort of respectability. This culminated in 2011 where with Ibra galvanizing our team the old guard went on for one last huraah and managed to get something.

Since then, we have been somehow floating around with no obvious goal or prospect at all. Against Atletico, the old era finally died as we have been humiliated in the final match for us in the CL in some time.

Seriously, I have held hope that the old spirit of Milan could still drag this tired pathetic vessel into the CL place (lol). However, last night, it was clear as day that the Carlo era is officially dead.

What can Milan do?

Well, for starters, Balo needs to be sold while his monetary value is high enough. IMO, he was a good purchase as he helped us get the last CL money injection we would be get for some years, and I hope he does well somewhere.

MDS and SES are our two youngsters with some value, and we should build the team around them. We should no longer go for Birsa like band-aids, but for the first time fully promote talent and try and cret a team from the ground up like we did for Carlo's Milan.

The 2005 Milan team were assembled efficiently and with clear focus on team building:

1- Dida: 27 when bought, was on plan for 7 years, bought for free.
2- Cafu: 33 when bought, one of the greatest RBs ever, and was on plan for at least 5 years, bought for free.
3- Stam: 30 when bought, a great CB replacement for Costacurta, temporary solution, 10 Million, sold for 3 later.
4- Nesta: 25 when bought, greatest Italian CB, bought for 30.5 Million being the most expensive player in this list.
5- Maldini: Homegrown, needs no introduction.
6- Pirlo: 21 when bought, developed into one of the best midfielders, bought for 18 Million.
7- Gattuso: 21 when bought, developed int one of our best players, bought for 9 Million.
8- Seedorf: 24 when bought, immediately slotted into our spine, bought for 22.5 Million.
9- Kaka: 20 when bought. developed into one of the best attacking players, bought for 8.25 Mill and sold for 65 Million.
10- Sheva: 22 when bought, developed into a deadly striker, bought for 23 Million, sold for 46 Million.
11- Crespo: loan move to cover for an injured Inzaghi.

Note that we dealt with both young prospects, and experienced veterans at the same time. We also managed to get the best price for most deals, and selling Sheva and Kaka alone covers all the expense of the others in the squad.

It is obvious that we have been terrible in the transfer market as of late, with our scout netwrok unable to provide us with another Pirlo, Kaka, Gattuso, Sheva, caliber of players. We are as such forced to rely on Genoa rejects for depth or go to overrated Italians for more than they are worth.

Anyway, with our place firmly in mind, Milan must realize that they need a "project". Next year would be Seedorf's first real year, and it is supposed to be a year that edges us closer to the CL. But I don't expect we should even think about being able to compete for it until two years at least.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed 12 Mar - 14:02:24

Lord Spencer wrote:After 2007, Milan were really at the end of an era. However, we still maintained many of the old guards and managed to maintain some sort of respectability. This culminated in 2011 where with Ibra galvanizing our team the old guard went on for one last huraah and managed to get something.

Since then, we have been somehow floating around with no obvious goal or prospect at all. Against Atletico, the old era finally died as we have been humiliated in the final match for us in the CL in some time.

Seriously, I have held hope that the old spirit of Milan could still drag this tired pathetic vessel into the CL place (lol). However, last night, it was clear as day that the Carlo era is officially dead.

What can Milan do?

Well, for starters, Balo needs to be sold while his monetary value is high enough. IMO, he was a good purchase as he helped us get the last CL money injection we would be get for some years, and I hope he does well somewhere.

MDS and SES are our two youngsters with some value, and we should build the team around them. We should no longer go for Birsa like band-aids, but for the first time fully promote talent and try and cret a team from the ground up like we did for Carlo's Milan.

The 2005 Milan team were assembled efficiently and with clear focus on team building:

2- Cafu: 33 when bought, one of the greatest RBs ever, and was on plan for at least 5 years, bought for free.
3- Stam: 30 when bought, a great CB replacement for Costacurta, temporary solution, 10 Million, sold for 3 later.
4- Nesta: 25 when bought, greatest Italian CB, bought for 30.5 Million being the most expensive player in this list.
6- Pirlo: 21 when bought, developed into one of the best midfielders, bought for 18 Million.
7- Gattuso: 21 when bought, developed int one of our best players, bought for 9 Million.
8- Seedorf: 24 when bought, immediately slotted into our spine, bought for 22.5 Million.
9- Kaka: 20 when bought. developed into one of the best attacking players, bought for 8.25 Mill and sold for 65 Million.
10- Sheva: 22 when bought, developed into a deadly striker, bought for 23 Million, sold for 46 Million.

Note that we dealt with both young prospects, and experienced veterans at the same time. We also managed to get the best price for most deals, and selling Sheva and Kaka alone covers all the expense of the others in the squad.

It is obvious that we have been terrible in the transfer market as of late, with our scout netwrok unable to provide us with another Pirlo, Kaka, Gattuso, Sheva, caliber of players. We are as such forced to rely on Genoa rejects for depth or go to overrated Italians for more than they are worth.

Anyway, with our place firmly in mind, Milan must realize that they need a "project". Next year would be Seedorf's first real year, and it is supposed to be a year that edges us closer to the CL. But I don't expect we should even think about being able to compete for it until two years at least.
Absolutely agree. 2007 was the end of the era with the Kaka sale and the break-up and ageing of that incredible CL winning team. From 2007-12, Galliani undertook the task of reinforcing that team of veterans. The veterans retired and the reinforcements (Ibra & T. Silva) left the club. The void has been mostly filled with band-aids with only a few exceptions. What is needed is a total change of attitude. 2007-12 was wasted time in terms of building an economically sustainable team while we still had the skeleton of those world-class veterans to support us. Now we are going to have to re-start from almost nothing. Galliani tried to "Dortmund" in the most half-assed way possible. It's well past time to go the full measure and make significant changes to our financial situation and youth academy so that Milan is both sustainable and powerful.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 12 Mar - 14:49:15

Forza wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:After 2007, Milan were really at the end of an era. However, we still maintained many of the old guards and managed to maintain some sort of respectability. This culminated in 2011 where with Ibra galvanizing our team the old guard went on for one last huraah and managed to get something.

What can Milan do?

Absolutely agree. 2007 was the end of the era with the Kaka sale and the break-up and ageing of that incredible CL winning team. From 2007-12, Galliani undertook the task of reinforcing that team of veterans. The veterans retired and the reinforcements (Ibra & T. Silva) left the club. The void has been mostly filled with band-aids with only a few exceptions. What is needed is a total change of attitude. 2007-12 was wasted time in terms of building an economically sustainable team while we still had the skeleton of those world-class veterans to support us. Now we are going to have to re-start from almost nothing. Galliani tried to "Dortmund" in the most half-assed way possible. It's well past time to go the full measure and make significant changes to our financial situation and youth academy so that Milan is both sustainable and powerful.

The problem is that while 2007 was obviously the end of an era, Milan refused to see that and instead kept it in life support. In terms of how we are now, it was worse parading the diseased husk of 2003-2007 till yesterday.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 12 Mar - 15:19:00

Fußball wrote:Atlético Madrid 4 - 1 AC Milan - Page 3 BieiiymCYAAsbZa

Pique's face lmao
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed 12 Mar - 17:15:39

sportsczy wrote:
 It's a bit dumb if you ask me.  They need to concentrate on getting out of relegation and it's only 8 points.  I don't understand why they would jeopardize survival over Europa...

because fans of small clubs have entirely different priorities... i know sunderland fans, wigan fans, birmingham fans, villa fans, and every single one of them would pick a cup run (a run, not even necessarily a win), over survival in the top division... when your team is midtable at best you don't get excitement from avoiding relegation, you get it from taking swings at trophies... hell, betis were in segunda what, three years ago? they might go down again, they might not, but in the end if they make it to the uefa cup quarter final that's something the fans will remember for a long time
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 12 Mar - 17:22:21

che wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
 It's a bit dumb if you ask me.  They need to concentrate on getting out of relegation and it's only 8 points.  I don't understand why they would jeopardize survival over Europa...

because fans of small clubs have entirely different priorities... i know sunderland fans, wigan fans, birmingham fans, villa fans, and every single one of them would pick a cup run (a run, not even necessarily a win), over survival in the top division... when your team is midtable at best you don't get excitement from avoiding relegation, you get it from taking swings at trophies... hell, betis were in segunda what, three years ago? they might go down again, they might not, but in the end if they make it to the uefa cup quarter final that's something the fans will remember for a long time

I was at Wembley when Wigan beat City. At full time two 50 year old men came to me and my friends with tears of joy in their eyes and we just started celebrating. Cup runs are absolute magic, nothing comes close in football imo.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 12 Mar - 17:33:49

That's a fan talking... but for a club itself, staying in the top league is CRUCIAL. The amount of money you lose is massive if you get relegated. And there's no guarantee at all that you come right back up since all your top players leave.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed 12 Mar - 17:38:55

ultimately, it's the fans who pay for running the club... if you can create some interest and excitement with a cup run they probably won't give a shit about relegation, especially if it's a team that played in the second division very recently
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 12 Mar - 17:44:25

Fans don't really watch D2... i know, it happened at OM unfortunately and attendance went down the toilet. Just like Juve, we were relegated to D2 in 1994 due to match fixing. But it took us 2 years to come back up.

Also, smaller clubs survive on the monies from the media deal to a very large extent, not attendance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 12 Mar - 17:50:01

Well Betis aren't getting much TV money anyway lol

The drop off from La Liga and the Adelante in terms of money isn't that high although every little helps for clubs currently in Betis's position.

For those of you who don't know Betis's entire management from President down have been appointed by a Spanish court this season. These guys who have no idea what they're doing have been making ridiculous decisions all season long. Frankly, it's a circus and the fact that Betis are still in Europe should be more talked about than it currently is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next