Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

+48
Adit
djoe26
BarcaLearning
AnJl
Fuchsteufelswild
futbol
DuringTheWar
Mr Nick09
Le Samourai
Red Alert
Arquitecto
Winter is Coming
izzy
Tomwin Lannister
chad4401
Gil
Donuts
Zealous
zigra
The_Badger
Doc
danyjr
chinomaster182
M99
Art Morte
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
RED
ExtremistEnigma
Lord Awesome
Helmer
Glory
El Gunner
Raptorgunner
LeBéninois
Lex
Motogp69
rwo power
Kwanga
urbaNRoots
Hapless_Hans
ioilersrock448
REWB
RealGunner
Onyx
Bellabong
Footyfan
S
52 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Doc Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:40 am

Lex wrote:Whoever's reading this, you're not alone, I didn't understand a lick of that either

I thought I was alone on that one...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 15826
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 am

I know this has been probably said somewhere before in this thread, but what if all of the 180 mins was contested 11 v 11.

If that was the case, it could've gone either way imo.

I'm not by any means saying that Szczesny didn't deserve a red card, because he did imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20976
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Pip Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:13 am

Some people are too keen to criticise Bayern with no basis. scratch 

If it weren't for terrible officiating over two legs, Arsenal would have been eliminated by more than four goals, if Bayern could score their penalties.

- Koscielny penalty (1st leg)
- Wilshere penalty (1st leg)
- Podolski foul (2nd leg)

Arsenal were awful for about 135 or 140 minutes of the 180 total minutes. Arsenal had 11 men for the entire first half yet were camped inside it for the vast majority of it.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 592
Join date : 2013-09-09

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:16 am

A lot of comments being made about Arsenal as a club in general but no one mentions how Wenger shots himself in the foot with his line up. Starting Ozil wide was a terrible idea, he would flop 9 out of 10 in that role.

I thought he should have gone into that game with two genuine wide threat to put a little bit of pressure on Bayern's fullback, since they are massively important in how Bayern stretch the pitch and pressure high. Instead, he played Oxlade in the midfield...

He had Arteta and Flamini available, and starting both Cazorla and Ozil didnt do much for Arsenal.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by che Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 am

El Gunner wrote:I know this has been probably said somewhere before in this thread, but what if all of the 180 mins was contested 11 v 11.

If that was the case, it could've gone either way imo.

I'm not by any means saying that Szczesny didn't deserve a red card, because he did imo

so what you're saying is entirely meaningless... "if it wasn't for this huge error we made we probably would have been just as good"... wat
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:A lot of comments being made about Arsenal as a club in general but no one mentions how Wenger shots himself in the foot with his line up. Starting Ozil wide was a terrible idea, he would flop 9 out of 10 in that role.

I thought he should have gone into that game with two genuine wide threat to put a little bit of pressure on Bayern's fullback, since they are massively important in how Bayern stretch the pitch and pressure high. Instead, he played Oxlade in the midfield...

He had Arteta and Flamini available, and starting both Cazorla and Ozil didnt do much for Arsenal.

Pretty obvious Wenger just wanted a repeat of last year, a moral victory to raise Arsenal's spirits in the league and cup. They wanted to avoid defeat and they did that.

Also they weren't at full strength which hasn't helped but that says more a criticism of Arsenal's transfer policy than it is an excuse for lack of depth.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 am

Lex wrote:Ryo with more Champion's League involvement than Liverpool Proud

I'm sure you'll be talking about your "Involvements" in CL in 20 years to your kid, as opposed to your achievements Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 am

che wrote:
El Gunner wrote:I know this has been probably said somewhere before in this thread, but what if all of the 180 mins was contested 11 v 11.

If that was the case, it could've gone either way imo.

I'm not by any means saying that Szczesny didn't deserve a red card, because he did imo

so what you're saying is entirely meaningless... "if it wasn't for this huge error we made we probably would have been just as good"... wat
Yeah, if it wasn't for that we probably would've been good enough to go through.
But shit happened. Szczesny made a bad error and we paid for it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20976
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm

izzy wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Anyways, does anyone else feel that Bayern have become a tad overrated post that 7-0 drubbing of Barcelona? These two legs just goes to show that this team is nowhere near the levels of prime Barca and will never reach those levels either.

They won a treble last year. So? CL is legit, but Bundesliga and DFB Pokal is a joke given their squad depth.
They are unbeaten in their league (20 pts clear) Bundesliga, lol.
Their defence has been stellar. So?
The play as a collective unit to the highest level. True.
They are clearly the favourites to win the CL this season (retaining it btw, doing something that has never been done in the CL era). So? Being favorites doesn't necessarily mean they'll definitely retain the crown.

Yeah......... I'm not going to overrate a team like that.

Red Alert wrote:EE, they actually put effort into that 7-0 game.

Why play at a 100% against Arsenal if you're going to go through anyway? It's pretty much like another Bundesliga game for them.
Yeah.. I'm tired of reading such weak excuses and reasoning with regards to them. The best teams of the lot don't really not give their 100% when facing any team. That's so much bullshit.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Bullshit #1:

Bullshit #2:

"bullshit #3:

Bullshit #4:

-50% for blatant trolling

I am tired of you spewing shit all over the forum causing nothing but arguments and unnecessary controversy n hate between fans due to whatever agenda you have. It's bad enough Liverpool fans have to read your bullshit in the Liverpool section but please spare the General section. Consider this me saying it nicely and saying it as an Admin and not a poster because  majority of the Liverpool fans in here are nice and most are my friends out side the forum and I really wouldn't want to say anything that might not be fair on them if I do let it out against you.

First and final warning. Stay the f away from me and Arsenal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89398
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
Bullshit #1:

Bullshit #2:

"bullshit #3:

Bullshit #4:

-50% for blatant trolling

I am tired of you spewing shit all over the forum causing nothing but arguments and unnecessary controversy n hate between fans due to whatever agenda you have. It's bad enough Liverpool fans have to read your bullshit in the Liverpool section but please spare the General section. Consider this me saying it nicely and saying it as an Admin and not a poster because  majority of the Liverpool fans in here are nice and most are my friends out side the forum and I really wouldn't want to say anything that might not be fair on them if I do let it out against you.

First and final warning. Stay the f away from me and Arsenal.

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 N3c2JpB

No but seriously, it's okay for you and Lex to attack Ajax / the Eredivisie, (zigra WAS NOT trolling btw and this is NOT the first time you and Lex have done it) but someone says something bad against Arsenal it's a sin and not wanted here? rofl

Also, what controversy have I brought up in the general section? Honestly.

Please tell me this "bullshit" I speak in the Liverpool section please.    

Arsenal's form / recent struggles is getting into your head.  Laughing 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Yeah.. I'm tired of reading such weak excuses and reasoning with regards to them. The best teams of the lot don't really not give their 100% when facing any team. That's so much bullshit.

What weak excuses?

The game was finished after the first leg.

What's the point of playing at 100% every game after you play over 60 games a year/season?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm

You don't know when to quit.

There's a difference between "saying something bad about another team", and ranting on about it nonstop with the only goal of getting under other peoples skin.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3447
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Oh please.

I came into this thread just to state Robben didn't dive, because HE DIDN'T.

I'm not the that mentioned Liverpool, and or "started to troll", that would of been your partner in Lex.

I responded by trolling back, yes. But I still find it hilarious how Arsenal fans are allowed to troll, and when you say something back you're the bad guy.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:49 pm

You make things personal. Not sure if you actually realize what you are saying, but you consistently make it out to be as if "I'm smart, you are dumb, everyone else is below me" type talk, combined with the consistent and nonstop mean-spirited ranting. You never yield or know when to let things go.

Plenty of Arsenal fans have been banned on this forum for the same type of deconstructive posting that you have made a habit of lately. There isn't a bias here on how you have been treated, only your own delusions
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3447
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Again, this is where you're wrong. Arsenal have had the SAME attitude on this forum for YEARS. I've had enough and have spoken up.

"Oh we play in the CL, we're automatically better than Liverpool."
"City and Chelsea just buy success, *bleep* them. We're much more better than they are. No history etc."
"Oh we were only knocked out of the CL because Robben 'dived' twice." *bleep* OFF

You constantly gloat about being a top club, good for you. You're well managed and all, so kudos to you. What makes your fan base have the right to "troll" (and get away with), other teams and leagues though? You haven't had any real success in the last decade, yet gloat/act as if you're the biggest team out there. You're not. How is stating Wigan will walk the Eredivisie NOT trolling? AND THIS IS COMING FROM A MOD FFS

Furthermore, am I making threads about players on Arsenal lists should be a Liverpool player right now because the selling club refused to accept a bid. We were interested in Walcott a couple seasons ago before he signed his new contract, did you see any Liverpool fans make it a big fuss after Arsenal refused to sell him to a rival club? No you didn't. WE UNDERSTOOD YOU HAD THE CHOICE TO SAY NO. There was TWO Luis Suarez threads (that both went for 50+ pages where Arsenal fans were continuously attacking Liverpool claiming Luis was their man simply because you PUT IN A BID. Talk about respect, eh.)

Am I going into the ARSENAL section and gloating about the fact that we're on top of you guys? Or is it okay for Highburied to come into the LIVERPOOL SECTION to say he's going to Wembley with his FA cup semi final...

I could go on and on and on, again, this has been happening for YEARSSSSSSSS. You can't act like your club is superior to all, receive shit back and then go in all defence mod or hide behind being a moderator to the forum.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Putting this out in the public rather than a PM is just going to get you banned mate, especially the way you're talking--and especially as it's off thread.

And I don't want you banned to be honest. I need some people who are pro-AVB. I'm outnumbered, and I like the way you talk about him. I guess I'm getting off topic myself though.

On topic: Bayern deserved it and did enough to go through. Too bad for Arsenal. Good on them, I pray we don't have to face them next round and that they get kicked out, because they are favorites for the trophy and I'm not sure I see us being able to beat them. I may have subtly wanted them to go through because I'm hardly an Arsenal fan, and I have a mancrush for Pep, but every further step I become more worried for my own club.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20301
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Red Alert wrote:Again, this is where you're wrong. Arsenal have had the SAME attitude on this forum for YEARS. I've had enough and have spoken up.

"Oh we play in the CL, we're automatically better than Liverpool."
"City and Chelsea just buy success, *bleep* them. We're much more better than they are. No history etc."
"Oh we were only knocked out of the CL because Robben 'dived' twice." *bleep* OFF  

You constantly gloat about being a top club, good for you. You're well managed and all, so kudos to you. What makes your fan base have the right to "troll" (and get away with), other teams and leagues though? You haven't had any real success in the last decade, yet gloat/act as if you're the biggest team out there. You're not. How is stating Wigan will walk the Eredivisie NOT trolling? AND THIS IS COMING FROM A MOD FFS

Furthermore, am I making threads about players on Arsenal lists should be a Liverpool player right now because the selling club refused to accept a bid. We were interested in Walcott a couple seasons ago before he signed his new contract, did you see any Liverpool fans make it a big fuss after Arsenal refused to sell him to a rival club? No you didn't. WE UNDERSTOOD YOU HAD THE CHOICE TO SAY NO. There was TWO Luis Suarez threads (that both went for 50+ pages where Arsenal fans were continuously attacking Liverpool claiming Luis was their man simply because you PUT IN A BID. Talk about respect, eh.)

Am I going into the ARSENAL section and gloating about the fact that we're on top of you guys? Or is it okay for Highburied to come into the LIVERPOOL SECTION to say he's going to Wembley with his FA cup semi final...

I could go on and on and on, again, this has been happening for YEARSSSSSSSS. You can't act like your club is superior to all, receive shit back and then go in all defence mod or hide behind being a moderator to the forum.

Highburied got banned fyi, so no, l suppose he was doing things that were not ok.

You keep saying "you". What have l said? Stop lumping people together. l haven't said any of that to you.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3447
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by djoe26 Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 am

Red Alert wrote:
"Oh we were only knocked out of the CL because Robben 'dived' twice." *bleep* OFF  

Who is saying that? I havnt checked every page of this thread but i think Arsenal fans are pissed at Robben because of his dives not because we are out of CL because of him.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1747
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:34 am

I think everyone should simply stop responding to each other in this thread, specially when it has already gotten so off Topic, even my comment is off Topic so  silent as SeeBarca said, it is better to PM.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9807
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 am

djoe26 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
"Oh we were only knocked out of the CL because Robben 'dived' twice." *bleep* OFF  

Who is saying that? I havnt checked every page of this thread but i think Arsenal fans are pissed at Robben because of his dives not because we are out of CL because of him.

tbf, it was Wenger, not you gooners on here.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34024
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Arsenal

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum