Should Tevez and Llorente be called for the WC?

+20
Ion Creanga
Arquitecto
Uncanny
LeBéninois
elm_baraja_shaman
guest_07
Forza
urbaNRoots
Art Morte
Footyfan
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
sree999
M99
DeviAngel
futbol
El Chelsea Fuerte
Onyx
chad4401
juventus101
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should Tevez and Llorente be called for the WC? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Tevez and Llorente be called for the WC?

Post by dostoevsky March 10th 2014, 09:31

He's retired and Langerak and Jones are both extremely rusty despite their quality due to a lack of game time with their respective teams. Spain, Chile and the Netherlands will have a field day.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Should Tevez and Llorente be called for the WC? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Tevez and Llorente be called for the WC?

Post by dostoevsky March 10th 2014, 09:37

With regard to the opening post, I must follow the orthodoxy of the thread, each side has a fairly well settled attack and neither Tevez or Llorente offer the requisite tactical diversity with respect to the confirmed members of each squad. It's no shame, both are quality players, however the competition within each side is extreme.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner March 10th 2014, 14:29

dostoevsky wrote:He's retired and Langerak and Jones are both extremely rusty despite their quality due to a lack of game time with their respective teams. Spain, Chile and the Netherlands will have a field day.
Inb4SpainWinAllTheirWCMatches1-0
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc March 10th 2014, 14:37

I'm honestly glad Juventus101 put this thread in the GS as oppose to leaving it in the Juve section. Why? Because it is clear that the Juventus fans that have posted haven't realised Tevez burnt his bridges when it comes to the NT. More like scorched the shit out of it.

The WC is what, 3 months away and Sabella is not gonna risk calling up someone who has a checkered past with the squad regardless of form.

As for Llorente, I personally would have dropped Torres a long ass time ago for him but Don Vicente would probably not call up Llorente unfortunately...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny March 10th 2014, 15:27

Doc wrote:I'm honestly glad Juventus101 put this thread in the GS as oppose to leaving it in the Juve section. Why? Because it is clear that the Juventus fans that have posted haven't realised Tevez burnt his bridges when it comes to the NT. More like scorched the shit out of it.

The WC is what, 3 months away and Sabella is not gonna risk calling up someone who has a checkered past with the squad regardless of form.

As for Llorente, I personally would have dropped Torres a long ass time ago for him but Don Vicente would probably not call up Llorente unfortunately...

I still can't see llorente being a better option than Torres even with Torres' lagging form. I think he's great for juve, I just can't picture him fit the Spain system as well, maybe I need to watch him play more Spain games.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca March 10th 2014, 19:49

sportsczy wrote:that too...  Costa, Negredo and Llorente all have the same profile and Llorente is ranked 3rd on that list.  No way he goes imo.

Spain isn't going to get away from the 9,5.  Costa struggled with the quick passing in his first NT game and Negredo isn't the best at it either.  I think that Cesc is going to be the starter when it's all said and done.

I though costa did pretty well last time out, but if its the quick passing and possession that's a problem, llorente should be a no brainer.
Id still play Costa though

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum