halamadrid2
Le Samourai
Onyx
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

General News - Page 3 Empty Re: General News

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:47 pm

lol okay thanks a lot for the info, the whole thing just came out of nowhere, saw it on my way to work, and didn't have time to find out what was really going on.

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Arbeloa has had problems with Iker since Mourinho was here. Can't wait for the day he leaves. He brings nothing to our team anyways and spends most his time on twitter than training. Him retweeting the guy who was harsh on Iker was not a mistake lol. It's pretty known they don't get along but while Iker remains professional about it Arbeloa decides to spout nonsense in the media and twitter. Oh and what's this talk about Iker shitting on Lopez on instagram??? do you have proof??? in fact wouldn't it have made every news cycle in the country had that been the case??

The last stain from the Mourinho era is still riding our bench, the day he fcks off is the day the Mourinho era will be erased from Madridista's memmories. Napoli could do us a big big favour if they took Arbeloa off us

Lopez is the definition of professional so I am not happy that the club is more or less kicking him out but he should thank us, we did him a favour picking him up from Sevilla's bench letting him win LaDecima with us.

Arbeloa I have no sympathy for if he leaves. The spanish version of Barton smfh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Just an FYI no real Madridista dislikes Arbeloa. He's ten times the person Iker is.

On the other hand, day by day it's becoming clear that Iker will be a toxic presence in the locker room. He's a legend but it's going to be Raul all over again.

"Spanish version of Barton" lmao wtf am I reading Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:52 pm

lol, the fact of the matter is, none of us is in training or in the locker room with them, so when people pick sides claiming one to be the better individual strikes me as odd. none of us knows iker nor arbeloa personally, in fact, with regards to their so called feud, only one of them has commented about it. Iker has not said a word publicly about it, and was very hush about his mourinho feud as well.

most of our information has come from arbeloa; and to some degree, i think this has helped him get the backing of fans. If he never spoke about mourinho's exit last season and how he felt players were a bit selfish, i have a strong feeling fans won't be as staunch supporters of him as they are now, after all, in terms of footballing abilities, he really needs to step his game up. Iker probably isn't the same player he was 2 years ago, but arbeloa is definitely not the same player he was during his first season here, when pellegrini was coach.

both of them need to concentrate on their deficiencies than war of words through social networks; and once again, the full story of this isn't clear. i highly doubt the post that iker liked was a short 40 word character which lashed at his teammates that he read quickly...for those who speak spanish, is this the said link? http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/polemico-gusta-casillas-que-revoluciona-las-redes-sociales-3436619

because if it is, he probably just saw the awards and liked it without reading the whole thing. arbeloa too may have been going at the journalist, not knowing what was said about iker, or it could have probably been a wrong reaction

my point basically is, most of us are going off what we here and what we suspect, not necessarily what is. I am of the strong opinion, if arbeloa never opened his mouth upon mourinho's exit, fans would hardly take an interest to him. The fact that Iker has remained quiet despite it being very professional and the right thing to do, has worked against him...as i stated before i'd rather they both concentrate on improving their form than giving media outlets soundbites, they both haven't been terrific of late, and as a madrid fan, what you do on the pitch is really what matters to me...i'm not interested in you praising the former coach, looking for likes on social networks, who you are married to, who you are friends with on the team, or gaining popularity with your interviews on marca/as.....just deliver on the pitch, that's all i care about......and i would appreciate if we can go the whole season without any smart ass comments from arbeloa in the media this year, unless he steps up his game as well
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:09 am

I agree, had Arbeloa kept his mouth shut we probably would have been free of all this drama. But NO he decided to give a cryptic message pouring fuel on the fire. I am happy Iker isn't like him and keeps being professional about it all despite being insulted from every angles even a teammate. I am sure there are other players not happy with what unfolded in the last yeat like Xabi for ex but luckily he/they have had the stength to keep quiet hence why this all is about Iker vs Arbeloa
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Iker liking posts that disrespect Diego Lopez is not professional by any stretch of the imagination.

Arbeloa is past it but it's not like Casillas is in his prime rofl

If Casillas is such the great professional you say he is then he needs to get in shape, it's a disgrace how unfit he is atm that even Chicharito can beat him in a 1v1 from a cross.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 pm

if you read my post i said BOTH individuals are out of form, and need to concentrate on getting it back .... I also posted a link and said based on that link, its possible iker saw the trophies won and liked the post without reading the commentary, which looked a bit long, not a simple 40 word character one could have read asap...in that case it was more foolish of him, than it was malicious

I'm not making these comments as a means of siding with iker or turning people off arbeloa. But to put the whole situation in perspective. We would never have known if iker and arbleoa had a feud if arbe didn't go about giving interviews to any and everyone in spain about the situation. Nobody on the team gave any major interviews about mourinho when he left, except for arbeloa. Even cristiano, who it was assumed mourinho took a parting shot after he left, didn't fall into the media's trap by commenting about him or the situation

there are whispers in the media that iker and xabi are not necessarily the best of friends. But both have been intelligent enough not to give marca/as any interviews or soundbites about the situation....it has become very popular for people to dislike iker these days, and i think it isn't due to his drop in form alone, but rather other things...

1. cristiano ronaldo- whilst he and cristiano maintain an okay relationship to the best of my knowledge, fanboys got upset when iker voted ramos as his first choice for ballon d'or instead of cristiano...they also got upset when cristiano scored, i think against city and cameras showed iker not celebrating (iker explained his reason, which i didnt even think was necessary). they also blamed iker when at the 2010 world cup, his girlfriend made some vile comments about cron.

2. the fallout with mou- staunch mourinho fans turned their backs on him when whispers of a fallout occured

3. his drop in form- he began making questionable decisions in goal, early on in mou's last season, and was dropped like a hot potato. although, i'm of the opinion that the hate towards him from the public began even before his form took a hit.
that's just my opinion, it may or mey not be true, but from what i observed the turn against iker began occurring slowly especially after his ballon d'or vote to ramos, then after mourinho, people turned him from saint iker to "the mole", lol...till tomorrow, i don't understand what he snitched about....everyone knew the staff and the players were not getting along in mou's last season, we didn't need sara carbonero to tell us that.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Ronaldo is trying to convince Di Maria to stay at Real Madrid, according to El Confidencial.

:bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:09 pm

If Casillas was to leave, his settlement including taxes would be €43m, according to El Confidencial. That is too much and currently it is assumed he will stay at Real Madrid this season.

If Casillas was to leave, he wanted to leave for free, however the club want €20m for him, which has led clubs to look for other GK's.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Perez had a press conference today to present our finances and also to answer questions regarding Ronaldo/DiMaria/Alonso/Falcao

About DiMaria's departure he said:

If a player leaves when they're under contract, it's because it was their choice: Real Madrid have always honoured our contracts. His financial aspirations were fair enough, but we couldn't satisfy them"

About Alonso

He came to see us to urge us to let him leave. He felt it was the best solution for both him and the club. We have an excellent relationship and we granted his wish. We are well stocked in the position with Kroos and Illarramendi; Xabi is nearing the end of his career and that's how he wants to approach it"

On Ronaldo:

I know him very well. He's the best player in the world and his loyalty to Real Madrid is unquestionable. I've listened to the full interview and since I know him, I know he wasn't undermining the club. We have a fantastic relationship and there is no quarrel with him

On Falcao

We considered bringing Falcao on board, but we decided against it. The coach's opinion on the matter was an important factor in this decision".

Regarding our finances we made a revenue of €480million (not including the DiMaria sale) we had an income of €603.3 million which was an increase by 10.9% from last year, of this income 22% is tv rights. We also decreased our debt from 90.6 million net last year to 71 million this year representing a 21% decrease in our net debt

Sources:

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/09/05/en/football/real_madrid/1409915302.html

http://www.abc.es/realmadrid/noticias/20140905/abci-real-madrid-beneficios-economicos-201409051407.html
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:36 am

Rumor abound is that ancelotti could have bale play in the role di maria played last season, based on his physical strength and ability to cover more ground than james for example

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/09/07/en/football/real_madrid/1410078235.html

opens an avenue for debate; what do you all think? good or bad idea....imo we might as well try it and see how it works, considering the line up is already unbalanced as is....i'm not a fan of playing players out of position, i thought it was madness when we first put di maria in central midfield,(though it ended up being a stroke of genius) but i really don't know about this....does anyone think this might work? or are we just clawing at straws right now?

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:41 am

Shocked

Bale isn't a good passer, can't dribble and does not have the same work rate but he has a good left foot so his crosses could be useful and if ronaldo ventures to the cf position I think Bale could be useful to have as our left winger but as I said he is an awful passer so I don't think he could ever create a good partnership with Marcelo

Interesting choice. Anything is better than having James there that's for sure
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Some tidbits from Petez' resent interview

Perez: "[We want] someone who will pay top dollar, but respect the word 'Bernabeu'. The works will begin soon, next summer."

Perez: "Without a sponsor the work on the stadium is impossible"

Perez: "While I am president, the thugs [Ultras Sur] and delinquents are not going to return"

Perez: "Many are not socios and what they want is to dominate Madrid as happens in France and Italy."

Perez: "I will stay on here. What most feeds that motivation are those who want to take over the club and who try to intimidate me."

Perez: 35% of ACS' business is in Australia & there is no Australian in the squad. This is information put forward by the thugs [Ultras Sur]

Perez on whether James fits the formation: "I do not know how James plays. But he had a great World Cup and we wanted him here."

------------------------------

Glad he is not taking crap from the Ultra Sur. Italian clubs can learn a thing or two from him. But DAT James justification though Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Perez buying James for banter lol
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Nothing surprising there imo. He buys players based on hype, doesn't look at how they'll fit in tactically.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Actually thought he would calm the f down after la decima but nope..

If he kept the same team we would have a big chance to win the CL again..

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Carlo Ancelotti has admitted he is "evaluating" the midfield partnership between Luka Modric and Real Madrid new-boy Toni Kroos following the club's poor start to the season.

Madrid spent €20 million on bringing Kroos to the Santiago Bernabeu from Bayern Munich over the summer, while sanctioning the exit of Xabi Alonso in the opposite direction later in the transfer window.

That decision was greeted with widespread surprise and so far the partnership between Modric and the Germany star has failed to spark into life as the club have stumbled to two defeats in their opening three La Liga games.

"I do not think we need to change anything right now, but we are evaluating this," Ancelotti told reporters on Friday.

"We have many games until October 5 and we will rotate with both. There are players like Medran, who was with us in pre-season or Marcos Llorente, but the midfield is covered with (Asier) Illarramendi, Isco and Sami Khedira, who will return."

The former of that trio, Illarramendi, was signed from Real Sociedad last summer and seen as the eventual successor to Alonso's deep-lying midfield role, only to struggle for playing time under Ancelotti, despite the Italian insisting he remains a big fan of the Spaniard.

"I have confidence in him and I think he will improve as the season continues as he did last season."

Carlo knows that Castilla exists
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:45 pm

I like Kroos, but Illarra should start ahead of him. He's very similar in style to Alonso.

Kroos tends to attack too much compared to Alonso. Unless of course Ancelotti can convince Kroos to play more defensive.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:22 am

Out of all our midfielders Kroos is having the best start to the season. Modric hasn't started very well but yeah I agree we need a CDM if we aren't playing a B2B next to him/them. My first pick to get benched is James, then Modric. The last one I want benched is Kroos

When Illarra came on against Basel we regained our balance but it was so late in the game it's hard to judge that performance
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:25 am

Carlo should try Illarra-Kroos-James.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:32 am

You meant Kroos-Illarra-James right hmm . It's all fine and dandy having James in there but he spends most of the game with the three attacking players leaving us with only 2 midfielders. Unless he starts playing like an actual CM even prime Makele won't be able to make this midfield look good

For now I want Modric-Illarra-Kroos and have James rorate with Bale/Benz
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:34 am

halamadrid2 wrote:You meant Kroos-Illarra-James right hmm . It's all fine and dandy having James in there but he spends most of the game with the three attacking players leaving us with only 2 midfielders. Unless he starts playing like an actual CM even prime Makele won't be able to make this midfield look good

For now I want Modric-Illarra-Kroos and have James rorate with Bale/Benz

Casillas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Illarra
James-Kroos
Bale-Benzema-Cristiano
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:00 pm

According to Cadena SER, we are on the lookout for a director of sport. Terrific news if that's true. But then again, this is the same source that said a year ago that we would be handed a transfer ban within a week.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:34 pm

I did not know this thread existed. Now I know where to post general news that don't belong in match threads.

Her her, once upon a time Valk did not rate Modric rofl Turns out my scepticism of James in the midfield 3 turned out correct. Illarra doe Shocked
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:41 pm

That God damn pink uniform is still shit.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor