fatman123
Dnmac4
rwo power
Lex
Hapless_Hans
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wenger acted like Mourinho yesterday - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger acted like Mourinho yesterday

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 am

Tbh, it was a perfectly understandable human reaction from Wenger...What did you expect him to do? Send flowers to Robben and excuses for the gravity of that foul ?

Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wenger acted like Mourinho yesterday - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger acted like Mourinho yesterday

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 am

Lex wrote:Quite a few, actually

Very rarely do I see players being clearly fouled in a penalty box and just get up and get on with the game. Messi is another one who very rarely makes noise when fouled anywhere on the pitch
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:56 am

halamadrid2 wrote:

Very rarely do I see players being clearly fouled in a penalty box and just get up and get on with the game. Messi is another one who very rarely makes noise when fouled anywhere on the pitch

Robben couldn't have gone on with it even if he tried. He was in full speed, in the air, and Szczesny was late and jumped into him.
The only thing you could say is whether it was as painful as for him to hold his leg like that, but probably it was actually painful? Plus there are bigger exaggeration in every other challenge.

Point is, none of this has anything to do with the validity of the decision, and for Wenger to pretend it's a dive is disgraceful and disingenuous.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 am

Lex wrote:If you guys think this is anything like Mourinho, you're a little confused. Mourinho would come out and say Guardiola is paying the refs off, that Robben should be sent to Alcatraz and he thinks Manchester City can win the Premier League

Then he'd poke Gotze in the eye and make a handcuff gesture to the camera

rofl 

But as for Wenger....credit to him hes done well in the league this season...but CL just seems too difficult for him now....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 am

In the end,fair call by the ref.

Move on Arsenal fans.There's nothing here...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

Robben couldn't have gone on with it even if he tried. He was in full speed, in the air, and Szczesny was late and jumped into him.
The only thing you could say is whether it was as painful as for him to hold his leg like that, but probably it was actually painful? Plus there are bigger exaggeration in every other challenge.

Point is, none of this has anything to do with the validity of the decision, and for Wenger to pretend it's a dive is disgraceful and disingenuous.

Robven is a notorious diver. He wouldn't have gone up even if you payed him to.

It was a penalty though

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 am

The thing is... if a player is fouled and doesn't fall, the referee let's it go. If people want players to try and keep going through with the play, the refs should whistle the foul if the player doesn't gain an advantage.

The way things are, the player has absolutely nothing to gain by not falling even if he can keep going.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:42 am

Nothing Wenger said is anything like Mourinho since my boy Jose would have been way more venomous in his statements. But like Jose, these comments are driven by the fact he is upset by this loss, upset his team put in a great shift and have nothing to show for it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:43 am

and why Wenger would be right? It 's a complete mystery to me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:02 am

I had to watch the incident again just to be sure I wasn't deceiving myself. How on earth did Robben dive? The man's coming at full speed and has lunged into the air to control the ball and as he's coming down Chesny lunges into his right leg and takes him out. I don't know, was Robben supposed to remain standing and act like it was a nothing tackle? I'm really trying to understand how you lot are thinking right now.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 am

but then Wenger said only in Italy give the red card for these situations  scratch 
I think it is a big bullshit to be fair Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 am

lt was really disappointing for Wenger to say that and address Bayern overall as diving because that isn't true. Guys like Muller and others on Bayern don't do that and deserve better.

However he can talk crap about Robben all day for all l care. l seriously hate that wanker
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:46 am

I hereby drop Arsenal as part time bandwagon team. I hope no more German players join them. I also hope Oezil leaves them very soon.

Come back to Germany  cheers 
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 am

Why didn't Arsene come out and say "I am disappointed the referee didn't give Muller a penalty, along with apologising about Arsenal trying to win the match rather than letting Bayern run all over like the rest of the bundesliga And that we had the cheek to have brought on a goal keeper to replace Szczesny rather than Giroud" scratch

Really disappointed with Arsene. Unclassy behaviour.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why didn't Arsene come out and say "I am disappointed the referee didn't give Muller a penalty, along with apologising about Arsenal trying to win the match rather than letting Bayern run all over like the rest of the bundesliga And that we had the cheek to have brought on a goal keeper to replace Szczesny rather than Giroud" scratch

Really disappointed with Arsene. Unclassy behaviour.

yes, because that's exactly what I was critizing.

There's no getting around it, these 'diving signs', along with complaining about the Ref killing the game, and about decisions 'given in Italy' and not in the masculine motherland of football England, that's all stupid bullshit excuses as well as disgraceful behaviour.
Very disappointed, turns out he's no better than Jose.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 pm

I am on your side

Arsene should have said that the Referee was brilliant all night, and Robben could have broken his leg therefore Szczesny is getting an internal 30 match ban for his disgusting behaviour while he will also talk to the English FA regarding how brutal the rules and the referees are in the PL.

I am very disappointed too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Robben is a bitch and Wenger should leave his talking for the return leg.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Wenger whinning like any other EPL managers who want a EPL style refereeing in CL.... Laughing 
But that should not change the fact that Robben is a diver..... eco smile 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:19 pm

EPL style refereeing?

Are you guys completely out of your minds?

Are you willing to tell me THIS doesn't constitute a penalty and red card in the Premier league, but is in fact a dive, typical Robben?

Wenger acted like Mourinho yesterday - Page 2 Robben-pen-2

That's exactly what I mean, this moaning about referee decisions which are crystal clear as day correct for everyone to see, mixed with a little England manly men vs European sissys and playactors chauvinist bullshit, is pure Mourinho style.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:I am on your side

Arsene should have said that the Referee was brilliant all night, and Robben could have broken his leg therefore Szczesny is getting an internal 30 match ban for his disgusting behaviour while he will also talk to the English FA regarding how brutal the rules and the referees are in the PL.

Robben could've broken his leg though. So I'm not sure anymore if that post is sarcasm or not.  hmm 
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:I am on your side

Wenger could've said 'congratulations'. He could've said 'We're disappointed that we lost'. He could've said 'We were so strong the first half hour we don't feel like we deserved to lose like that'.

That's all fine. Or he could've just said nothing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Agreed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Its frustration that comes out he said that a few times when calls swung our way as well in the past in fixtures against them. All tho you can't really complain about this one as much, but it happens and especially when Mou called him a failure I'm sure that is also bothering him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Let me start out by saying that this incident is 100% penalty in today's game, but that aside, Robben has a history of diving and even though Chez's tackle made contact with Robben, Robben portrayed it to be more than what it actually was. People can argue all they want about, "hey, they were going full speed and there was contact!" but it is FACT that Robben's a bitch. A glancing blow like that wouldn't even get my 8 yr old sister to scream like that pussy did.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:The thing is... if a player is fouled and doesn't fall, the referee let's it go.  If people want players to try and keep going through with the play, the refs should whistle the foul if the player doesn't gain an advantage.

The way things are, the player has absolutely nothing to gain by not falling even if he can keep going.  

I disagree with this notion. You make it out to be that it is the referee's fault that diving incidents occur in today's game. I would argue that it is a combination of both non-calls by referees and flat out mistreatment of the game by players that has allowed matters such as diving to become somewhat of a regular occurrence. Any reasonable person could see that Chezney's contact with Robben did not warrant that sort of reaction whatsoever.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 pm

gb wrote:Let me start out by saying that this incident is 100% penalty in today's game, but that aside, Robben has a history of diving and even though Chez's tackle made contact with Robben, Robben portrayed it to be more than what it actually was. People can argue all they want about, "hey, they were going full speed and there was contact!" but it is FACT that Robben's a bitch. A glancing blow like that wouldn't even get my 8 yr old sister to scream like that pussy did.  

Wenger acted like Mourinho yesterday - Page 2 044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next