McLewis
RedOranje
18 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Comics  - Page 7 Empty Re: Comics

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:56 am

RealGunner wrote:Marvel's new Thor will be a woman

This morning on ABC's The View Marvel announced that Thor, Marvel's God of Thunder, will be a woman in the comics. The news is a major shift in Marvel's continuity, since Thor is one of the oldest superheroes in the Marvel universe. The new storyline will launch this October, penned by series writer Jason Aaron.

Whoopi Goldberg, The View's moderator, didn't mince words when she talked about the announcement. The character is a god — not a goddess — and will wield Mjolnir (and even the god's name) just like her predecessor, who was deemed unworthy of its power.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/15/5901621/marvels-thor-is-now-a-woman

Hmm thoughts?

Don't think she will be the new Thor, just the new holder of the Hammer (Mjolnir), it has happened many times before

Superman, Storm, Conan, Captain A are some of the wielders

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 am

All I care is that Guardians is less than a month away :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:21 am

no early screening for u? hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Sony announce Sinister Six for 2016 cheers

Also rumours that Marvel might be making a Thanos movie. Thanos Quest Proud Proud Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:44 am

RealGunner wrote:no early screening for u? hmm

Yes, but I am going to Charlotte this week to visit family (also to see the Milan/Liverpool game).

The one time it actually matters :facepalm:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 am

Marvel have revealed an early concept poster for the upcoming Ant-man movie at Comic-con.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 am

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/07/Ant-Man-Comic-Con-poster.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Chuck Palahniuk's long awaited sequel to Fight Club is coming in the form of a 10-issue comic book series, and today we're getting our first idea of what that will look like. Set ten years after the events of Palahniuk's novel, the comic book will apparently feature the wedding of Fight Club's narrator — who now goes by the name Sebastian — and Marla. Tyler Durden is also featured in the artwork; just take a look at the stained glass window behind the expecting couple.
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4799804/fightclub.jpg
Source: http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/7/23/5929657/first-teaser-art-from-fight-club-comic-book-sequel
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:46 am

Joaquin Phoenix in early talks to play Doctor Strange Shocked
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Spoiler:

Wonder Woman's costume. Looks great Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:50 am

So the comic book Fight Club sequel... What do you guys think of it, any of you interested?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Never seen fightclub so don't really know what to say. It might be popular amongst the fans but comic books for movies rarely do well in mainstream.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:23 am

RealGunner wrote:Never seen fightclub so don't really know what to say. It might be popular amongst the fans but comic books for movies rarely do well in mainstream.

pls gtfo RG

Stop whatever your doing and watch Fight Club
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:00 am

Freeza wrote:
Spoiler:

Wonder Woman's costume. Looks great Proud

Looks like they bronzed it ffs.

Way too much brown for my liking. It looks good other than that.

Gal Gadot certainly looks the part as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:09 am

Think it's just a filter Zack Snyder uden for posters. Think it will be in different colors in the finaæ product
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:Never seen fightclub so don't really know what to say. It might be popular amongst the fans but comic books for movies rarely do well in mainstream.

Not even joking, right after I posted that question I knew you would post that you haven't watched it.

Most movies are only about an hour longer than a tv show episode. Just saying. Razz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:14 am

El Gunner wrote:So the comic book Fight Club sequel... What do you guys think of it, any of you interested?

Fight Club is my favourite movie of all time so of course I am interested. And RG, Fight Club is a book which was adapted to a movie. The comic is the sequel to the book and since it's being written by the original writer, I expect it to be good, don't know about sales. It won't have the same dynamic as it's predecessor since the narrator knows who Tyler is, unsure how the story will progress.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 am

Seriously, are you screwing with us?
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 am

So I'm glad I found this thread. I'm about to get into the new comics.

DC New 52 vs Marvel NOW!

What are you opinions, for those of you who've read a couple? Who's winning? Any drop in quality? Interesting new twists?

One of the main reasons I decided to update myself is because a lot of these movies coming out in the next couple of years are gonna be taking characters from the new comics. Thoughts?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 am

Wonder Woman is quite good, love that book. Also Scott Snyder's Batman is great.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:22 am

Marvel is already planning another reboot of sorts. They can't seem to stick with any real status-quo these days and with DnA off of Cosmic even that's mediocre as hell.

Hawkeye is pretty fantastic though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:23 am

DC's reboot is solid and continues to hold strong, though some of the reboots (Green Arrow, Superman) haven't been great IMO. GL has dropped off a bit since Johns moved on and with so many books on the characters now it feels a bit thin but it's still probably my favourite.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:30 am

McLewis wrote:How can that be though?

There's only one Pietro Maximoff and while he is Magneto's son, he also wound up an Avenger as well and even had a daughter, who is central to a really good arc. I got that the first time around in the comics. so that was always very clear to me..........And then I saw what they're doing with him in the movies and that completely threw me off. As great as scene was in DOFP, there was no cohesion to his character. It came off as pithy and pretentious as they teased us about his connection to Magneto. If they're going to use him, truly use him and give him a proper arc.

Moreover, I'm trying to reconcile the direction they're taking Quicksilver in with regard to the movies compared to the direction he took in the comics. Maybe that's the mistake I'm making in all of this, but ultimately, what I'm not understanding is why they needed 2 completely different versions of him for the movies. I guess the answer that question comes down less to comic canon and more to 2 studios rangling over the same character rights. I personally think it's just created a mess with his character as he doesn't seem to fit anywhere for me.. His appearance in Avengers makes much more sense considering that Scarlet Witch will be with him, but overall the whole thing has done my head in.

Anyways, maybe we'll continue this in the comic thread. Hopefully, he gets a proper role in Age of Ultron.

Fox only own rights (i.e. can only reference/show/use) characters from Marvel comics directly related to the Fantastic Four (including skrulls, Galactus, etc) and Mutants (X-Men, Brotherhood, Wolverine, Magneto, etc) so they can only use Pietro & Wanda as mutants and such and cannot mention or reference the Avengers or any other Marvel characters in a notable way. Fox don't have any real ties to the previous incarnations or portrayals of the characters, so their only investment in keeping said characters similar to their comic-counterparts is ensuring that fans recognise them on the big screen... when that no longer appears to have any impact on profits they'll gladly throw away the source material and wing it, as seen by their treatment of Deadpool in Wolverine Origins and the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.

By contrast Marvel Studios own the rights to everything from the comics bar the FF, Mutants, Spider-man, Namor, and Swamp Thing (plus attached characters). Because Pietro and Wanda are both mutants and Avengers, they fall into a gray area and can be used by both studios; however, Marvel can ONLY use them as Avengers and cannot use or reference mutants in a notable way... forcing them to make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch superhumans of some type.

The Pietro from DOFP is an entirely different character from the one that will feature in Age of Ultron. They will almost certainly avoid any reference to his lineage and/or change the origins of his and Wanda's powers. The reason Fox's Quicksilver seemed flimsy and didn't tap into the greater history of the character is because they simply didn't want to bother with working that in... it's easier both now and for the future, if they leave a lot of his details vague, making for less work in the DOFP script and allowing for easier access to fit him into future stories in their own attempt at a cinematic timeline/universe.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:17 am

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:random

What do you end up with?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Morality Manipulation lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Marvel Moving Forward on THE INHUMANS Movie

http://collider.com/the-inhumans-movie-joe-robert-cole-script/

Would be a lot more darker than GoTG but interesting. Marvel are really head and shoulders into the movie world atm.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next