M99
Firenze
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
18 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 10 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 10

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Like I said a while back, underdog stories END with the pay-off. In Movies, shows W.E. The underdog rises up, overcomes the odds and BOOM. Movie end.

What happens when the underdog has the title and remains the champion? The whole angle dies. It falls apart.

Exactly

That's what I want to see. What happens after he actually wins the title. I think people will soon realise that he isn't as good as they think. People hate Cena for the reasons they cheer Bryan for. I want to see when they realise the irony.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 10 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 10

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Oh yeah, there's that outside possibility, but I just find it very unlikely for reasons you and Tom just said, said similar things throughout these threads.

That's why I said I'm for Bryan having a run, I just don't think they should risk the Mania Main Event on it, but on the flipside you could argue that Orton vs Batista is already a waste, I pray they put a third man into it. As it stands, Lesnar vs Taker and HHH versus Bryan are more of a main event.

I'm hoping a Heel Batista can change that, but I'm sceptical after him botching and sloppy micwork since his return, hoping that's just due to him being gassed (the raw promo after his match) and more a natural heel.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm

People hate Cena because his character's stale, he always wins and he's always in the main event. Bryan is something new for people to get behind. However I agree, Bryan will eventually reach a point where people will get bored of him and he'll get the Cena treatment. It's just like most things in life, doing the same things over and over is boring. Something fresh is needed and for Cena that's a heel turn, once Bryan/Reigns/Sheamus/Punk collectively take his place.

In terms 'what happens after he wins the title', well what happens when anyone wins the title? They defend it and in Bryan's case he'll 'underdog' win against everyone his path, just like when Cena overcame the odds whenever he held the title.

At this point WWE are desperate for top faces and they'd be foolish not to capitalise on Bryan's popularity. As I said previously, they're not giving him the title because they want to prolong the chase for as long as they can. That way the fans get behind him even more and the eventual payoff is even bigger. Why give him the title on a lower tier PPV?

Obviously Bryan isn't going to be a draw when he hasn't been given a title run yet. It doesn't make sense to compare his drawing power to Batista who was pretty much Cena 2.0 at times.

Also the busaiku running knee is a good impactful finisher. If people think it doesn't cause much damage, then nor does the people's elbow. Also I'm aware the people's elbow was all about the hype of the move, but we're comparing impact of the move, not hype.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Anyone else agree that Bryan has the most overrated moveset in the WWE?

All his fanboys fap to his in ring skills, but I really don't find anything special.

Let us be real, there is nothing entertaining or special about a flying knee or a bunch of kicks.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Casciavit wrote:Anyone else agree that Bryan has the most overrated moveset in the WWE?

All his fanboys fap to his in ring skills, but I really don't find anything special.

Let us be real, there is nothing entertaining or special about a flying knee or a bunch of kicks.

I asked a couple of days ago but got ignored, I honestly believe it's a myth. I heard he was legit back before he signed to WWE, but I really want people to tell me some of his matches where he's showcasing that he's the best performer in the WWE that I must have missed, because I'm yet to see it, he's decent, for sure, but he isn't elite, IMO. I feel like It's just something people try to inflate about him to try to make him look good because in all the other areas of the business he's pretty weak.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Lex the difference between Austin and Bryan is...

Austin was much superior at cutting promo's, mic work and all in all just a more charismatic dude.

Not to mention anyway that some of the stuff Austin did back then they wouldn't give Bryan the opportunity to do.

Would they allow Bryan to come in on a beer truck? Doubtful. Would they allow Bryan to attack HHH in a hospital? No chance. Etc etc

Last but not least would they get Bryan to go heel at Wrestlemania with Triple H helping him beat Cena in the main event lol? No chance in hell.

It's just not a comparison that can be made due to difference in era's.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Re - Bryan's moveset

No they are not overrated. They are limited though because he uses the same moves everytime but he isn't doing anything different than Benoit used to or Rey Mysterio or even HBK.

I don't know about the best performer bit because I enjoy watching Cesaro more in the ring but Bryan is one of the best technical wrestlers. Everyone likes what they like in the end
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm

A lot of superstars movesets get watered down. I'm not too bothered about in ring skills either way, as long as they can put up a good match.

Here's some top matches from a link on google.

http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/474863

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Cheers, will give the ones I haven't seen a watch

Cesaro RG Proud Definitely love his style atm. Hope he gets a legit main event push eventually.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:People hate Cena because his character's stale, he always wins and he's always in the main event. Bryan is something new for people to get behind. However I agree, Bryan will eventually reach a point where people will get bored of him and he'll get the Cena treatment. It's just like most things in life, doing the same things over and over is boring. Something fresh is needed and for Cena that's a heel turn, once Bryan/Reigns/Sheamus/Punk collectively take his place.

In terms 'what happens after he wins the title', well what happens when anyone wins the title? They defend it and in Bryan's case he'll 'underdog' win against everyone his path, just like when Cena overcame the odds whenever he held the title.

At this point WWE are desperate for top faces and they'd be foolish not to capitalise on Bryan's popularity. As I said previously, they're not giving him the title because they want to prolong the chase for as long as they can. That way the fans get behind him even more and the eventual payoff is even bigger. Why give him the title on a lower tier PPV?

Obviously Bryan isn't going to be a draw when he hasn't been given a title run yet. It doesn't make sense to compare his drawing power to Batista who was pretty much Cena 2.0 at times.

Also the busaiku running knee is a good impactful finisher. If people think it doesn't cause much damage, then nor does the people's elbow. Also I'm aware the people's elbow was all about the hype of the move, but we're comparing impact of the move, not hype.

1) Cena will never turn heel. It's not about kayfabe anymore. Cena is bigger than kayfabe at this point. His gimmick has become as the 'real' John Cena. Cena is a brand ambassador for many companies. WWE won't risk turning him into a heel and cause a plummet in many companies stocks because there is a very big possibility that kids will turn against Cena. They consider him as a superhero. Parents like Cena because he is an inspiration to their kids. If he turns heel, it will be around when he is 45 and turns into a Jericho to job to scrubs.

Agreed about WWE cashing into Bryan's popularity

Batista was never a 'draw'. His Title run was a failure and that's the reason he left because Vince quickly changed his plans on making Batista the face of the company and gave the title to Cena at WM. Batista is an egoistic man and couldn't take that. Blamed everyone else but himself and left. I am not sure how much of a draw Bryan is now.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Let me get this out of the way, all wrestlers have signature moves which they do in a match.

The problem with Bryan though, is 95% of his moves are multiple kick variations.

Unlike, the wrestlers you mentioned RG, at least they had some variety in what they did. Although, they usually do the same moves every match, it felt refreshing seeing HBK for insistence, one time on top of the turnbuckle, the other time doing a super kick or how about the elbow drops, suplex's and the submission holds?

Whenever, Bryan's in control of the match its always kicks and poverty kicks as well tbh. Like those 10 kicks to the chest lol.

Benoit's multiple suplex variations>>>
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:33 pm

They are already cashing on Bryan's popularity lol.

He will never get them more money as champion than he does as the me against the world guy.

And even if he does it will only for a short term period.

If it was this simple, aka give him the title and profit they would have done it ages ago. It just doesn't work like that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Yeah I said that about his moveset a long time ago

He's got some nice abilities, he's no doubt good in the ring. But his current moveset is meh

When you first see him in his 'full momentum' mode it looks great. But after 5 or 6 matches you see a pretty obvious pattern with the constant chest kicks and the turnbuckle drop kick

Needs more striking variation tbh, needs to learn some new kicks and punches.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Batista was never a 'draw'. His Title run was a failure and that's the reason he left because Vince quickly changed his plans on making Batista the face of the company and gave the title to Cena at WM. Batista is an egoistic man and couldn't take that. Blamed everyone else but himself and left. I am not sure how much of a draw Bryan is now.

Yeah, outside of Cena, there are no real draws though, not even Punk tbh, the only other 'elite' superstars are manufactured like Orton and Batista. Still, Batista as a heel was highly entertaining to me. I think the only reason Vince has brought him back and is giving him main event billing is because in all honesty Batista is looking like he's about to become one of the biggest successes outside of the wrestling industry. Being a lead in a Marvel franchise is huge, and he also had a big role in the recent Riddick movie. We all know Vince loves that and the publicity is brings.

Hollywood Tista Proud

It was a bad mistake for them to bring him back and have him win the rumble, people feel like he stole the spot. Should have had him come back and feud with Lesnar or The Authority if they wanted him to be a face originally, he wouldn't be getting this treatment from the crowd.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Turning him into heel is a great move. He is a natural heel. Someone who comes across as a bad guy. Same as Orton.

He can also deliver promos better that way.

Agreed about the publicity thing. Better for both Batista and WWE.

Just hoping he can get back to his 2007 best in terms of wrestling. WM Main Event should be special.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Orton's boring already, and has been booked to be a mediocre coward for so long

Batista was brought back not only the wrong way, but too close to WM so he's definitely not going to improve tenfold in the next month or so

WWE have dug their own grave, and the only way to pass this main event off as epic is to have some really unexpected, shock ending.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:58 pm

He's definitely egotistic and a natural heel lol. I guess you guys heard about it, I read about it years and years ago, Booker T apparently fought him backtage and beat him down because he was tired of Batista's superiority complex and treating other wrestlers like crap Laughing

Also this might be the GOAT thread on GL hmm

Originally I was just posting more to try to provoke MT over Bryan (even though I believe what I say 100%) but we have some good conversations.

Looking forward to Mania Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Booker Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:09 pm

NXT Arrival tonight. Some sort of live NXT show with WWE superstars making appearances.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Firenze wrote:He's definitely egotistic and a natural heel lol. I guess you guys heard about it, I read about it years and years ago, Booker T apparently fought him backtage and beat him down because he was tired of Batista's superiority complex and treating other wrestlers like crap Laughing

Also this might be the GOAT thread on GL hmm

Originally I was just posting more to try to provoke MT over Bryan (even though I believe what I say 100%) but we have some good conversations.

Looking forward to Mania Proud

I love this thread lol. My favourite along with the TV Series and individual tv shows threads in the forum. Cba with football these days so really enjoy reading this thread :bow:

It's true about the Booker T stuff. Batista's tweets to Del Rio weren't actually a 'work' but he really meant everything he said about him and the rest of the locker room Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 pm

speaking of GOAT

Saw episode 5 of True Detective just now and i swear i had a massive boner whenever McGOATnaughey was talking. Can't check that thread out just now since i haven't seen ep 6 yet but ffs man

5 episodes in and it's a top 3 show of all time already.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Speaking of NXT....

When the hell will Paige debut ffs
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:speaking of GOAT

Saw episode 5 of True Detective just now and i swear i had a massive boner whenever McGOATnaughey was talking. Can't check that thread out just now since i haven't seen ep 6 yet but ffs man

5 episodes in and it's a top 3 show of all time already.

Proud Tom needs to get on this ASAP ffs. Only two episodes left Sad

Paige? Never seen her until I just googled her, not bad. Don't care about womens wrestling though, that Emma chick is cringe, whoever came up with that gimmick is a pleb. Corniest thing I've seen in years, amplified by pairing her with Santino Laughing

Saw someone call her the female Eugene earlier Laughing agree

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Emma oh god. I would quit the company if i had to dance like that infront of so many people.

Funkadectals(sp) you can understand and that dance is alright. But Emma fml.

Paige is their most prized asset in NXT. Think she will rival AJ in the years to come. She couldn't debut before as she wasn't 21 but she is probably next in line.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:50 pm

That dance.... that 'music'

Commentators trying to big it up as if it's a huge thing

STOP WWE, STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT OIHSOTHUOIGTOCS OPSOTOP SOTPO OIPHROITHOUGOUFHODOHOSUH
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Speaking of commentary. Michael Cole was brilliant at EC. Forgot to mention it but he had the JR effect on most of the matches.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next