ioilersrock448
terrance511
Khaled
M99
Onyx
40 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Champions League Last 16 discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League Last 16 discussion

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

McLewis wrote:Man City - Barca is disinteresting to me so won't be watching that one.

lolwhat. probably the biggest game this year in terms of attacking quality.

Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Champions League Last 16 discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League Last 16 discussion

Post by Lex Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:47 pm

And in terms of really, really poor defending. Should be a goalfest
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Hoping for a 5-6 or something, should be a great match!
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:55 pm

#HalaManchesterCity
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Collblanc wrote:
McLewis wrote:Man City - Barca is disinteresting to me so won't be watching that one.

I prefer to watch all facets of the game, not just attacking.

Both have rather poor defenses, which will probably mean there will be a gluttony of chances and goals. I tend not to find these games interesting as it only highlights how incomplete both sides are.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 pm

McLewis wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

Both have rather poor defenses, which will probably mean there will be a gluttony of chances and goals. I tend not to find these games interesting as it only highlights how incomplete both sides are.

but the question is the leverkusen side that shipped 5 against Manchester United at home a more complete team than Barca or City? are their defense better than both? its a big no and PSG are way too superior to Leverkusen in every regard..

Why dont we just admit you like watching serie A all star elevel aka PSG lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Lol I'll be watching City vs Barca and will only switch if (when) Ibra scores a goal.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Adit wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

but the question is the leverkusen side that shipped 5 against Manchester United at home a more complete team than Barca or City? are their defense better than both? its a big no and PSG are way too superior to Leverkusen in every regard..

Leverkusen are quite incomplete. Never denied that. PSG however, on paper, at least, have excellent quality in every area. Does that mean they'll automatically blow Leverkusen away? Not by any means.

PSG have only put one truly CL-caliber team to the sword this season and that was Benfica back in the fall. They have that potential, but they haven't done that with any regularity so I don't expect that to happen away to Leverkusen. Could I be wrong? Certainly. I just don't tend to gravitate towards glamour ties like City-Barca as both teams do not interest me in general.

And yes, I do prefer Serie A because I actually enjoy the tactical side of the game and thus I do appreciate the art of defending . Maybe you need to take a second and think about why you consider this so negative when its such a vital part of the game.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:09 pm

I predict a much more settled game than what McLewis is inferring. There may be three goals from either side, but that just speaks to the attacking quality and players they possess.

They could score three on PSG or Leverkuzen or whomever.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:33 pm

McLewis wrote:
Adit wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Leverkusen are quite incomplete. Never denied that. PSG however, on paper, at least, have excellent quality in every area. Does that mean they'll automatically blow Leverkusen away? Not by any means.

PSG have only put one truly CL-caliber team to the sword this season and that was Benfica back in the fall.  They have that potential, but they haven't done that with any regularity so I don't expect that to happen away to Leverkusen. Could I be wrong? Certainly. I just don't tend to gravitate towards glamour ties like City-Barca as both teams do not interest me in general.

And yes, I do prefer Serie A because I actually enjoy the tactical side of the game and thus I do appreciate the art of defending . Maybe you need to take a second and think about why you consider this so negative when its such a vital part of the game.

Actually i didnt say a word abou not preferring a defensive game. Well you kind of said it yourself, you are interested in what happens to the serie A all star 11 aka  PSG which is exactly what i said. The part about incompleteness though is not really transparent considering Leverkusen is by far worse team than Barca or Man City
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Extremely disappointing round of games.

All 4 ties set and match probably.

Here is hoping home teams offer more next week.....The only home side I can see winning the game though is Olympiacos. And that's because David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 pm

If they had Mitroglu, I'd say they had a good chance

Now though, it's even stevens
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:17 pm

United will be the only English side to make it past the round of 16. Proud

I hope we draw them next. Proud

Free pass to the semis, here we come. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:22 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Extremely disappointing round of games.

Here is hoping home teams offer more next week.....The only home side I can see winning the game though is Olympiacos. And that's because David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United.

Laughing You're in for a rude awakening i guess.

If anything,this week's games were the ones where you could've expected close results.Next week's games already looks one-sided as it is on paper atleast,though still hoping we see some close games.

In any case,i think we're going to have a great Quarter-Final lineup of games so thats one positive i suppose.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:23 pm

S wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Extremely disappointing round of games.

:lol:You're in for a rude awakening i guess.

If anything,this week's games were the ones where you could've expected close results.Next week's games already looks one-sided as it is on paper atleast,though still hoping we see some close games.

In any case,i think we're going to have a great Quarter-Final lineup of games so thats one positive i suppose.

Never underestimate the powers of David Moyes in breaking records and providing the unexpected Surag Proud . Long way to know Moyesy  :bow: 

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Fußball wrote:United will be the only English side to make it past the round of 16. Proud

I hope we draw them next. Proud

Free pass to the semis, here we come. Proud
Chelsea.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Atletico are the complete opposition. “Possession isn’t everything,” says their coach Diego Simeone. However, Atletico are utterly magnificent without the ball.

Essentially, Atletico are the opposite of everything you expect from a Spanish side

I love you for this reason  Simeone :bow:, defence and  counterattack Proud, another demonstration today, I wait you ProudLaughing

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/01/10/atletico-madrid-proving-tackling-can-be-a-quality/

Brilliant article about the Atletico Madrid.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:27 am

Not a single home team scored a goal the first two match days and the Atleti is the only game you could argue is still alive. Blimey

hope that continues though Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:34 am

Next week it's even less likely that the home teams will score.

Olympiacos - Yanited
Galatasary - Chawsea
Schalke - Mehdrid
Zenit - Dortmund

Yanited most likely to ruin the trend. I'm actually going to bet on this now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:04 am

I think Galatasaray might score. Schalke are in good form as well you never know

imagine going into the second legs and only the Atleti game is open out of ALL games Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:06 am

halamadrid2 wrote:I think Galatasaray might score. Schalke are in good form as well you never know

Going to bet on your avatar, hala? :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:19 am

Our away form No I am afraid that the Atletico/Milan tie is over.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:01 am

Fußball wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I think Galatasaray might score. Schalke are in good form as well you never know

Going to bet on your avatar, hala? :coffee:

I am too loyal to DiMaria Laughing sig bet though I am up for it. check the betting thread
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 am

Fußball wrote:Next week it's even less likely that the home teams will score.
Schalke - Mehdrid
Don't underestimate Real Madrid's Germany curse and the goal hunger of the Hunter.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 am

Rwo is Uchida out of the first leg???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:16 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Rwo is Uchida out of the first leg???
Possibly. He is expected to return to action very soon, but as usual one can't be sure with muscular injuries.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next