danyjr
futbol
Doc
CBarca
Pip
81 posters

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

La Liga 2013/14 Discussion Mk. 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: La Liga 2013/14 Discussion Mk. 2

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:28 pm

The goal scored by Cristiano Ronaldo in Malaga not only earned three points for Real Madrid but also meant that the Portuguese player, Benzema and Bale now have 50 Liga goals between them. Cristiano is the top goal-scorer in the championship with 25.

Benzema is having one of his most prolific seasons and has 15 goals so far in the Liga. Bale, meanwhile, has contributed 10 and is the team's third highest goal scorer.

No other trio in Spanish football has scored as many goals as Madrid's. Alexis, Messi and Pedro have 44, while Diego Costa, Villa and Raúl García have 42.

Taking into account all competitions, Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale have amassed 74 goals and are on their way to achieving one of the best goal-scoring records in history.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

La Liga 2013/14 Discussion Mk. 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: La Liga 2013/14 Discussion Mk. 2

Post by Doc Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:22 pm

How Osasuna managed to beat AND outplay Atletico still is a mystery to me. Anyway, other than Messi breaking Alacantra's record, didn't find this weekend's La Liga was of any note. Of course, it's Clasico week but thankfully, the days where both RM/Barca fans were constantly getting threads locked are kinda behind us so it should be a docile time (I hope).

Anyway, I would say a draw and it probably would be a draw but I really don't know which Barcelona would show up Sunday. And then the little Italian boy in Carlo might/would probably introduce some tactic he dreamed the night before so RM is in the same boat.

TL;DR: I have no idea how that match would turn out...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Doc wrote:How Osasuna managed to beat AND outplay Atletico still is a mystery to me. Anyway, other than Messi breaking Alacantra's record, didn't find this weekend's La Liga was of any note. Of course, it's Clasico week but thankfully, the days where both RM/Barca fans were constantly getting threads locked are kinda behind us so it should be a docile time (I hope).

Anyway, I would say a draw and it probably would be a draw but I really don't know which Barcelona would show up Sunday. And then the little Italian boy in Carlo might/would probably introduce some tactic he dreamed the night before so RM is in the same boat.

TL;DR: I have no idea how that match would turn out...

Osasuna under Gracia are an enigma, Doc and more so even historically. Osasuna have actually built their relegation battles not by the consistent results vs their relegation rivals, but surmounting excellent results versus the top half of the table-El Sadar being a fearsome venue for any La Liga team. Where they fail is there complete disregard for defence and obvious inconsistencies. Barca's thrashing of them represents a victory that is even more so generous given their troubles with Osasuna since even the Rijjkaard era.

La Liga isn't over this weekend as Villarreal vs Atheltic is bound to be a fantastic match. High stakes for both given Villarreal's mount for 4th spot.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:36 pm

How many stat padding games have Barca had this season lol

In any case this sets things up nicely for El Clasico, as both team will be coming off a win. It'll be interesting to see whether or not Barca decide that not losing is more important than winning.

Iniesta said that the game will be a "war" and I'd have to agree. I don't think Carlo will change our approach so we could see a straight 3v3 fight for control of the middle.

While all this happens the mattress makers, with all the frenzy of a pack of hyenas, are going to be ready to feed of the scraps...
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Carlo Ancelotti believes his Real Madrid side have all the ingredients required to be the best team he has ever coached.

The Bernabeu outfit lead La Liga by three points, are in the Copa del Rey final and are all but through to the Champions League quarter finals.

“I have had teams with a lot of quality but this team has experience, youth, character and personality,” Ancelotti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It’s difficult to compare them to teams from the past but they could be the most complete team I’ve ever coached.”

The 54-year-old, who has also enjoyed spells at Milan, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain, was then asked about his future prospects.

“I am very happy to be here,” he answered. “I’m giving my best but I always believe Coaches in today’s football depend on results.

“In the league we have an advantage but it is a different sort of competition compared to the Champions League or Copa del Rey.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Carlo Ancelotti believes his Real Madrid side have all the ingredients required to be the best team he has ever coached.

The Bernabeu outfit lead La Liga by three points, are in the Copa del Rey final and are all but through to the Champions League quarter finals.

“I have had teams with a lot of quality but this team has experience, youth, character and personality,” Ancelotti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It’s difficult to compare them to teams from the past but they could be the most complete team I’ve ever coached.”

The 54-year-old, who has also enjoyed spells at Milan, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain, was then asked about his future prospects.

“I am very happy to be here,” he answered. “I’m giving my best but I always believe Coaches in today’s football depend on results.

“In the league we have an advantage but it is a different sort of competition compared to the Champions League or Copa del Rey.”

Well you do have possibly the most expensive squad ever put together, Carlo. rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Money =/= quality of squad.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Tbf Doc its nowhere near as hectic as it once was.

Less fans and watching the game in the chat contributes to that honestly.

Although at the same time the games don't seem to be as controversial as the Pep and Mou era hmm

Wouldn't pay any attention to how either team is performing tbh, especially Barca's 7-0.

Form coming into the Clasico usually means the precise sum of f*ck all, i have seen it many times where the form team coming in tends to lose.

I as usual will watch the game later on in the week once the hype has died down and i can process it all properly, should be a good game hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 pm

:bow:  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

rm section / ronaldo appreciation thread is somewhere else my friend.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm

I still fail to understand why & how the Madrid/Barca rivalry flickered out on this forum. just under 2 years ago nearly every thread was derailed by the incessant bickering between the two sets of fans now it's pretty much non-existent. As Mole said both Pep & Mourinho's departures probably played a huge part in it but still....

Anyway, as fierce as the rivalry was it's nowhere near as bad as the Italian/English or Feverpitch/Giancarlo rivalries on the old forums. Death threats, homophobia, xenophobia, 24/7 trolling, exposures etc

Good times. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Meh Cyberman vs everyone else was my favourite GL rivalry eco smile

As for the Madrid/Barca saltiness from 2 years ago I actually kind of miss it but this community is at a stage where both fan bases are more concerned with mouthing off on their own team than making fun of the other.

Maybe we need 4 El Clasico's in quick succession like three years ago to spice things up again. I'm up for a league/Copa Final/CL tie "play off" hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:22 pm

I stopped watching Clasico's live because of that 5 in clasico's in like 2 weeks bs lol.

Got so tiring so quickly lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm

I think the rivalry just cooled down because Barca's most hate at the time was Mourinho then Madrid.. now that some Madrid fans if not most started to dislike Mourinho we finally found a common ground
....that and many users also got banned and overly warned Laughing

Last edited by Donuts on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm

So much to take into consideration... All of us came fresh from the very hostile shores of goal.com and where we were all battle hardened posters. At the time, Lex was going through his Barca loving stage before the great Cesc wars that had numerous casualties so he would jump in on the fun and antagonize RM fans.

Then of course, the backlash of the Manita made things worse coupled with Mourinho being a dick, Barcelona fans being ridiculously arrogant and RM being uber sensitive. I think Dani lost some hair during that time.

Sigh, I sometimes miss seeing Red, RG and Dani continuously lock threads because we had no behaviour Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Hoy jugamos con Iraizoz; De Marcos, Gurpegi, Laporte, Balenziaga; Iturraspe, Mikel Rico, Herrera; Susaeta, Aduriz, Muniain

El Villarreal jugará con Asenjo, Mario, Musacchio, Gabriel, Jokic; Pina, Bruno, Cani, Oliver Torres; Uche y Giovani

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:24 pm

How Villareal missed that I will never know. So far they look the better team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Doc wrote:So much to take into consideration... All of us came fresh from the very hostile shores of goal.com and where we were all battle hardened posters. At the time, Lex was going through his Barca loving stage before the great Cesc wars that had numerous casualties so he would jump in on the fun and antagonize RM fans.

Then of course, the backlash of the Manita made things worse coupled with Mourinho being a dick, Barcelona fans being ridiculously arrogant and RM being uber sensitive. I think Dani lost some hair during that time.

Sigh, I sometimes miss seeing Red, RG and Dani continuously lock threads because we had no behaviour Sad

Dani had hair in this decade?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Century Zeal, Century.

Also Messi has said he hopes the good barca will show up hmm

Messi already shifting blame to his team mates in the event he flops hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:39 pm

What a save by Asenjo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Save from Asenjo!

That could be costly...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:40 pm

I agree with mole in that the chat has changed the way people vent on GL. Before, people used to create borderline trollish posts when they were very butthurt, now they go to the chat.

PENALTY for Athletic after a very soft call by de Abreu on Laporte and ASENJO SAVES ADURIZ' SHOT Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Someone needs to open chat for this game Sad

Then again, I'm not sure I fixed my chat issues yet.

EDIT: Is that Oliver Torres kid playing?

Double edit: Nevermind
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I agree with mole in that the chat has changed the way people vent on GL. Before, people used to create borderline trollish posts when they were very butthurt, now they go to the chat.

PENALTY for Athletic after a very soft call by de Abreu on Laporte and ASENJO SAVES ADURIZ' SHOT Laughing

Its an in the moment thing really.... in the past people would post their angry responses right there and then.

Now they say that stuff in chat and the posts are more clear and thought out like 2 hours later once they calm down lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Oh my god Aduriz :facepalm:
His 100% record now gone.

And cannot be bothered to discuss this match on a slow and cumbersome thread when chat is far more efficient. Chat became less frequent when those two whiners (who don't even commentate on here) made that thread.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Arq chat has been less frequent because RG has been busy with real life stuff or at least that's how i understand it hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next