Proud

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Zouma - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Zouma

Post by Shed Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:15 am

Kick wrote:Focus on a CM and Drogba and we're done Thumbs up

My response to this was off-topic but the original post itself wasn't.

Kurt Zouma - Page 4 Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:30 am

Zouma wrote:[Mourinho] told me, 'Varane, I made him start straightaway against City. You have to be ready at any time.'

"I take Varane and Eliaquim Mangala as models. Today, they're in the senior team. I hope to join them. Euro 2016 is an objective I have set myself. Even if places will be hard-earned, I'm aware of that. The door is not far."

"When I was at Saint-Etienne and I didn't play, I immediately got annoyed. But I've learned. Now, there are experienced players, stars in my position, and they do very good work. I take my time. I learn alongside these defenders. I know my time will come."

"They're great players that you see on TV, that you choose on PlayStation. At the start, you almost say to yourself that you can't even approach them."

"Diego Costa, he's very, very crazy. Sometimes, he gives me a little tap on the back of the head, and says: 'Let me past'. Ivanovic also makes jokes. In the squad, they have a bit of laugh at me, about my age. Because I'm a big, solid guy of 19."

"Even the coach once, he made fun of me. There was a blood test, and he told me jokingly: 'Now we'll see if you've lied about your age.' But honestly, they're cool, they are open."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2019698/chelseas-kurt-zouma-keen-to-follow-in-footsteps-of-raphael-varane-under-jose-mourinho

Good stuff to hear from the lad.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 am

Had a good game yesterday for France U23 NT. You can tell he's rusty though... was a tad late on plays. I don't think the Varane comparison is a good one for him: He's nowhere near as tactical-minded. He relies mostly on his physique/athleticism. So it's more important for him to play a bit more. I don't think he's the kind of player who can jump in and immediately be great... needs to find that jump in his step first.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:10 am

I agree with you there, unless Jose is working hard with Zouma tactically, I can't see him being a Varane.

It will take time to improve him tactically regardless.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Good words from the Zouma, But the lad is too raw for first team. At his age Varane played as if he has been around for a while - Big difference. Kalas though seems to be ready and composed. Not sure why Jose choose Zouma and loaned Kalas.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:43 am

Holland wrote:"Kurt is a player who has waited patiently for a chance to play."

"We have talked about him for games in the Premier League although he hasn't yet. He is in the discussions. He is not an inexperienced kid. He has played games for St-Etienne both as a right-back and centre-back, he is a France Under-21 international in a strong group, and tonight without being particularly tested he was immaculate. What he did have to do he dealt with comfortably and being a threat in the opposition penalty box is a big bonus for a centre-back."

‘There will be more difficult tests ahead for him but he did everything that was asked of him tonight..."
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/09/final-whistle-verdict--right-approach-brings-right-result.html

Sounds promising for him, also sounds like he is in all of our plans.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 am

Also, Check out his leap (it's a pic, not a video)
Kurt Zouma - Page 4 Screen_Shot_2014-09-25_at_0.04.33.0
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 pm

‘Apparently it worked!’: Kurt Zouma reveals parents named him after Jean-Claude Van Damme film character so he'd grow up to be happy and strong:
Chelsea centre-half Kurt Zouma has said his parents named him Kurt Sloane, a character played by Belgian actor Jean-Claude Van Damme in the 1989 film 'Kickboxer'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2769322/Chelsea-starlet-Kurt-Zouma-reveals-parents-named-Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-film-character-no-wonder-s-strong.html

"In the film, he helps everyone and is super strong. So my parents decided that if they gave me that name I'd be hard and always have a smile. Apparently it worked."

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:39 am

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Zouma nominated for European Golden Boy award:
Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma has been nominated for the Golden Boy award – a prize given annually to the best young player plying his trade in Europe
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/25/chelsea-youngster-nominated-for-prestigious-award/

Molenation
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 am

I doubt he'll win it, but great to be nominated.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 am

Same.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:56 am

Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma set to join Demba Ba at Besiktas in January:
Chelsea are preparing to let Kurt Zouma join Demba Ba at Besiktas in January, with reports in Turkey suggesting José Mourinho is open to sending the Frenchman to Istanbul on loan in a bid to get him more playing time.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/540824/Chelsea-Kurt-Zouma-loan-January-Besiktas-Demba-Ba

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 am

I doubt we'll let him leave, unless we have a back up in mind.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:11 pm

‘People forget his age’: José Mourinho hails Chelsea youngster Kurt Zouma:
Kurt Zouma's 45-minute display in Chelsea's 3-0 home win over Tottenham on last night earned the promising defender considerable praise from boss José Mourinho
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/04/people-forget-his-age-jose-mourinho-hails-chelsea-youngster-kurt/

"It was a good opportunity for Zouma. It was very good for him. He is playing very well every time he plays. Today against Tottenham it was a good test for him. He will be a big player for Chelsea."

"People look at his body and forget his age, but he’s a kid. He came on at half-time in a difficult situation, when Tottenham were behind and trying to push [for a goal], and the kid for me played a fantastic 45 minutes."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Gary Cahill praises Chelsea team-mate and future defensive partner Kurt Zouma:
Gary Cahill says he is enjoying playing alongside Kurt Zouma for Chelsea
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/11/chelsea-star-praises-146m-team-mate-and-future-defensive-partner/

"I’ve played with Kurt a few times now and it has always gone well. I move over to the left side which changes the picture slightly in terms of my positioning and my outlook, but it doesn’t really change anything in what I’m doing as a defender."

"When I play with JT he’s always on the left but I’ve had a few games there now when I’ve played with Kurt and it’s been fine. I thought he played well as did the rest of the squad."

"They [Chelsea's defenders last night] have all played in the Champions League, obviously Kurt less so but they have the experience of playing in different leagues in Europe and against opposition from around the continent. It’s great to work with these guys."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Kurt Zouma wants huge trophy haul during time at Chelsea:
Kurt Zouma says that he is desperate to win trophies during his time with Chelsea
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/547239/Kurt-Zouma-Chelsea-Trophies-Hope

"[The French League Cup final] was the biggest game I've ever played in. It was my first final, and the club hadn't won any trophies before that for 32 years."

"I was not nervous, I was relaxed. We played a very good game and we won 1-0 [against Rennes] but it was difficult."

"When you play the final you just want to win the game. We forgot the importance of the game and just played to win the title."

"All our supporters were so happy after. When we came through the city on the bus it was absolutely crazy, everybody was screaming, some people were crying! It was very emotional."

"It was amazing for me to play this game and then also to win it. I hope I will win more titles here at Chelsea."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:08 pm

José says on the Sportsbar he was seeing blurry after his collision but is "fine, fine" now.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:33 am

Mourinho:
-
"He was just a bit dizzy."

"The stretcher-carriers came out walking. When a player is injured and the body language is that he has to go out I feel a bit frustrated."

"The people with the stretcher want to help and if they didn’t run I have to believe that is the instruction they have."

— via the Daily Mail
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Petr Cech believes his protective helmet saved Kurt Zouma from greater injury following clash of heads:
Petr Cech has revealed his protective headgear was the reason Kurt Zouma did not suffer greater injury when the pair collided in Chelsea’s League Cup win over Derby
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2877285/Petr-Cech-believes-protective-headgear-saved-Kurt-Zouma-greater-injury-following-clash-heads-against-Derby.html

‘I think we clashed with heads. I had a huge hit on my right side. I was looking where the ball goes and it was a punch so I was happy with that.’

‘But then I saw him lying on the floor. I was a bit concerned because we collided with a heavy clash. It was lucky he hit my helmet because the impact would have been much bigger.’

‘I think the helmet saved him – me as well – because he hit most of the helmet and took away a little bit of the impact.’

‘He’s fine. The medical staff did really well to assess the situation. In this kind of clash you never know. He did not look so good to continue’

‘Obviously it was the right choice. Now he is all clear hopefully. He was sitting there (in the dressing room) happy we won the game.’
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Chelsea youngster Kurt Zouma being lined up for loan exit after just eight appearances:
Chelsea are planning on loaning Kurt Zouma to Besiktas, with reports suggest Jose Mourinho would allow him to move to Turkey until the end of the season
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/415856/Kurt-Zouma-Chelsea-transfer-latest-Besiktas

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:41 pm

José Mourinho has NO intention of offloading Chelsea's Kurt Zouma in January:
The Blues were expected to send 20-year-old out on loan for the rest of the season to gain valuable first-team experience, however, today's reports in France claim José Mourinho has no intention to let France Under-21 international leave
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/547586/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-Kurt-Zouma

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:46 pm

I know and we all know that Zouma deserves a chance against Newcastle at the weekend having performed flawlessly in all of his recent opportunities, but as he's not one of José's Old Boys there's slim to nil chance of that happening. Shame too.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10 pm

Perhaps Mou is treating him like he did with Varane, I expect him to be a starter next season
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:15 pm

I do want to see Zouma get more gametime, he has many traits of a top CB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next