The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

+19
Eman
Casciavit
AnJl
nichabr
M99
silver
Pedram
Rebaño Sagrado
LeVersacci
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jonathan28
Yeezus
Blue Barrett
Lex
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
zizzle
Onyx
23 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:35 am

Probably 2-3 imo. Those 3 should be Lesnar, String Sting and Cena.


Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:39 am

Agree with the last 2 but Lesnar is wasted in a streak match

it's literally the one match he is never expected to win, which is bad considering he has a handful of fights per year.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 am

One his last few matches should be a 3 stages of hell match, where Cena for example gets a pin during one of the stages.

Although an 'I quit' match between the two seems more appealing. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Lex Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:45 am

Don't think Taker could last a 3 stages of hell match tbh
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15095
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 am

doubt they'd do one anyway, because it could essentially ruin 'the streak' because everybody would never shut up about the fact that taker technically got pinned.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:50 am

One of the stages could be a last man standing match and he loses that, which saves him from getting pinned.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:50 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Batista as a face currently sucks on the mic and the crowd dislike him, which is what matters. He's having to beg to get cheered. There's no way he's as good as Bryan in the ring. Bryan's been voted best wrestler in the world countless time. He's the best wrestler in the WWE currently. Comparing him to Batista laughable.
Yeah, because you have to stick to a certain formula as a face. Batista is a natural heel.  Nobody said he's as good as Bryan in the ring, but that doesn't really matter, he's more than good enough. When was Bryan voted best wrestler? in his indy days? Must have switched up his style in WWE, because he's nothing incredible. He's pretty average in all honesty. Him being some super technical wrestler in a myth nowadays. and yes, comparing him to Batista is laughable. The Animal is a two time rumble winner, a 4 time world heavyweight champion and a hollywood action hero. Bryan has a 24 hour pity reign. Batista's contributions to the company and business are far superior.


Yohan Modric wrote:Bryan isn't awkward on the mic. He's decent.


I really hope you didn't choose this promo's because you felt they were his best. Literally has 0 charisma.

Yohan Modric wrote:His connection with the fans isn't just '1 word'. He gets the biggest pops and gets the crowd fired up. People cheer him because they enjoy watching him. He's energetic, passionate, his body language is good and he's fun to watch in the ring. At first he was just over with the smarks due to his in ring work and indy background, however he added a wacky comedic/fun side to his character, most of it when he was with Kane, which pulled all the kids, families, women etc in. He's got a unique look which sets him apart.

Main reason he's over with fans is due to the YES chant. That's nothing but a flash in the pan, only a matter of time until it gets old. He has a unique look, yeah, so does Rey. I don't find the homeless person look entertaining.



Yohan Modric wrote:Size doesn't matter at all. The only people who it would matter too is people who are jealous of seeing someone small succeed. WWE is about characters and unique personalities, not size. Plenty of people like Eddie, Benoit, Jericho, HBK, Rey Mysterio, Flair etc were World champions.

Um. Yes it does. It's incredibly important to the product. The overwhelming majority of champions and faces of the company over the years have at least been of respectable size. Vince is known to have a hard-on for big guys. Why do you think a lot of untalented guys with that look get a push. You only need to look at them over-billing Bryan with ridiculous stats and others to try to make them look better and more threatening. Bryan 210 lbs and 6'' or whatever he's billed as :rofl:Stop kidding yourself. Without size/charisma (Bryan has neither of them), you will never be elite in WWE in terms of titles and status.



Yohan Modric wrote:To really understand Bryan, his entire career in WWE would have to be viewed. He hasn't drastically changed his character, but the predicaments he was put in the last 8-9 months storyline wise, all the little promos, matches etc all make up what Bryan is now. His character is an evolution, rather than someone that has a distinctive gimmick their entire career.

So what you're saying is that you can't really connect with Bryan without watching every segment of his for the last year? Firstly, he isn't that complex. It's a simple underdog story. This isn't oscar level story telling. A large % of viewers would be ostracized from his character if what you're saying was true. (it isn't) it's just an excuse. "but but you can't criticise him you don't understand his character since you haven't followed his entire career." You act like we haven't seen every single story and angle rehashed ten times over, over the years.

Yohan Modric wrote:Barely any main eventer has an over the top character. What is Batista's character? What is Orton's character? What's Cena's character? They all just have small distinctive traits that set them apart, similar to Bryan. Right now Bryan may not be an established main eventer, which is why some find it hard to see him main eventing WM. If I watched WWE every few months, I'd also wonder how a randomer like Bryan could main event over someone like Batista and Orton. However for those that watch WWE every week, I'm sure the majority want Bryan to get his payoff and win the title at WM. Long term WWE need established main eventers and Bryan can be just that. Choosing short term fixes every WM isn't going to help in the long term.

Batista and Orton have had different type gimmicks over the years. Orton's voices/apex predator gimmick was cool. Batista's heel playboy gimmick is one of the best in the last decade. Cena is..well Cena. Face of the company, overcome all odds. It's meh.

Bryan's gimmick is? what? Underdog? He's the little guy trying to get over, he's bland, and more a product of his current storyline rather than his own character. Like we said before, what happens if he wins the title and has a reign? what is his character then? he's too uncharismatic to carry his own character, the underdog is perfect for him and his look/average mic ability, IMO. I give WWE credit because they obviously have realised this while you haven't. Taking the title away from him after one day before was perfect, fans got a payoff then, but they were able to throw him back into the underdog little guy straight away, and keep him relevant.

Yohan Modric wrote: Also I do believe Bryan will continue to evolve his character, especially his promo work.

Everything we've seen in the years so far suggest otherwise.

Bryan will never be an elite main eventer because in Wrestling, as has been proven time and time again, you need to  be cliqued up with managment for those pushes and be a forced main event star or you need to be either the complete package (good size, mic skills, in ring ability and charisma), or excel at one of the important traits to be successful. Bryan isn't and doesn't.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Razor-ramon-toothpick-flick-o
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 am

Batista's better on the mic when he's a heel, but right now he sucks at everything. Batista's obviously accomplished more than Bryan, which is why he's seen as an attraction. The point here is Bryan deserves to main event ahead of him, because the majority of people prefer that to Batista winning the title. Having something new is better than seeing the same thing over and over. It's the reason people are tired of Cena.

There's plenty of people who I already mentioned who weren't the biggest and succeeded. Bryan isn't the first 'small' superstar. Also he's billed at 5"10.

Bryan doesn't have charisma? That doesn't make sense considering he's the most over superstar in WWE today. The only people who think he's over just because of the 'yes' chants are those that don't watch WWE regularly.

Without knowing the entire plot, there's no point judging a superstar. It's not an oscar level complex story, but it's still a story and evolution of a character. This is WWE anyway, so there's not going to be complex stuff. Not every superstar has the same story.

Taking away the title was part of the storyline of him getting screwed by the authority. Bryan clearly has the potential to be a top main eventer in the years to come. That's obvious to the majority of people who watch WWE consistently. He might not be the top face, but that doesn't matter, because no one will with Cena around.

Batista's heel gimmick? He's got no gimmick apart from being called the 'animal'. He's heel run was barely a gimmick. Anyway I'm not saying Batista's always sucked, he's always been a top main eventer. But he's never had an over the top gimmick, but that's never hurt him. Orton's viper gimmick was just facial expressions and him coiling like a snake in the ring, barely a gimmick. But again, nothing wrong with that. There's no need for over the top gimmicks in the main event.

After he wins the title, he defends it against opponents just like every superstar. What else would he do? Invent a new gimmick for every week he holds the title? Most likely he'll evolve his character and start cutting better promos. Maybe the authority starts screwing him and he overcomes the odds to retain the title. But for now it's clear Bryan will be a top superstar in the upcoming years.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:43 am

For someone who's new and wants to be the face of WWE, he has to be unique in every department. like CM Punk, he's got a strong character and knows how to sell a promo, infact he's so good he doesn't even need a gimmick, you get the feeling that he's just himself in the ring. apart from that he's also a very technical and entertaining wrestler.

In my opinion this is the standard for being the face of WWE and Daniel Bryan isn't close to this, no matter how much he's over with the fans he still doesn't have the "it" factor you see from superstars like Edge, Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels etc.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6682
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Lex Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:46 am

Jeff Hardy Laughing Stoner, junkie, attention seeker

Hardy isn't fit to sniff Bryan's tights after a long match
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15095
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:50 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Batista's better on the mic when he's a heel, but right now he sucks at everything. Batista's obviously accomplished more than Bryan, which is why he's seen as an attraction. The point here is Bryan deserves to main event ahead of him, because the majority of people prefer that to Batista winning the title. Having something new is better than seeing the same thing over and over. It's the reason people are tired of Cena.

That's a valid point, I don't want a face Batista to win the title either. Well, maybe he wins the title and they're still booing him, so the night after Mania he turns heel on them. That'd work. Anyway, it doesn't mean Bryan is the right man to be champion just to see something new. I think the right thing to do is what they seem to be doing, bring in Batista and have him as champion while they build up someone like Reigns and maybe Bray Wyatt. Bryan to me and obviously people in management just isn't someone who should be the champion.

Yohan Modric wrote:There's plenty of people who I already mentioned who weren't the biggest and succeeded. Bryan isn't the first 'small' superstar. Also he's billed at 5"10.

Ric Flair, Chris Jericho are some of the GOAT wrestlers. They have amazing personality/charisma and gimmicks that allowed them to overcome the big guy status quo in the main event scene. Almost if not all of the guys you listed are bigger than Bryan and more importantly had/have charisma and interesting characters. Again, Bryan doesn't have that.

Yohan Modric wrote:Bryan doesn't have charisma? That doesn't make sense considering he's the most over superstar in WWE today. The only people who think he's over just because of the 'yes' chants are those that don't watch WWE regularly.

Crowd gets into Brodus Clay and previously Zach Ryder due to wacky gimmicks. Charisma is different. Yes chants got him over, he has 0 charisma and you know it.

Yohan Modric wrote:Without knowing the entire plot, there's no point judging a superstar. It's not an oscar level complex story, but it's still a story and evolution of a character. This is WWE anyway, so there's not going to be complex stuff. Not every superstar has the same story.

Again. Bryan hasn't evolved much from what I've seen over the years, even though I don't watch it every week, like a large percentage of watchers don't watch every second of everyepisode every year. His story is formulaic. Stop trying to pull this card, it's a cop out.

Yohan Modric wrote:Taking away the title was part of the storyline of him getting screwed by the authority. Bryan clearly has the potential to be a top main eventer in the years to come. That's obvious to the majority of people who watch WWE consistently. He might not be the top face, but that doesn't matter, because no one will with Cena around.
No he won't, because like I keep saying. He doesn't excel at anything in particular and isn't the complete package.

Yohan Modric wrote: Batista's heel gimmick? He's got no gimmick apart from being called the 'animal'. He's heel run was barely a gimmick. Anyway I'm not saying Batista's always sucked, he's always been a top main eventer. But he's never had an over the top gimmick, but that's never hurt him. Orton's viper gimmick was just facial expressions and him coiling like a snake in the ring, barely a gimmick. But again, nothing wrong with that. There's no need for over the top gimmicks in the main event.

Nobody has an OTT gimmick in the main event, yes, that's true. However they have distinguishing traits and character, Bryan doesn't. What is his character? He's the underdog. :lol:That's not even a character, it's just part of a story. He's bland. Nvm, he's vegan right? GOAT gimmick.

Yohan Modric wrote:After he wins the title, he defends it against opponents just like every superstar. What else would he do? Invent a new gimmick for every week he holds the title? Most likely he'll evolve his character and start cutting better promos. Maybe the authority starts screwing him and he overcomes the odds to retain the title. But for now it's clear Bryan will be a top superstar in the upcoming years.

His entire run in WWE has been catered to his talents and looks, he is and forever will be the underdog, it's all that works for him. Being the champion for any sort of extended period ruins that. He isn't the type of person who can legitimately go over clean against top stars time and time again. It's alright saying he will most likely evolve his character (nothing suggests he's capable of such a thing, same for getting better with promos, especially since he hasn't really done so in all these years) It's far from clear he will be a top superstar in the coming years, because he simply doesn't have the skillset to be one. Fans will tire of the rehashed underdog story and the Yes chants will similarly get old. He doesn't have the charisma or look  to get over in other ways.

I don't know why you can't just be happy to see him be a mid-carder in interesting feuds who occasionally will be thrown into the title picture during droughts/legit main eventers getting injured. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think he's going to be a top superstar for years to come.


Last edited by Firenze on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:54 am

Lex wrote:Jeff Hardy :lol:Stoner, junkie, attention seeker

Hardy isn't fit to sniff Bryan's tights after a long match

He's more entertaining than Daniel Bryan in term of wrestling.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6682
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:19 am

How is it possible to know people in management don't want Bryan as champion? Bryan is charismatic and he's the most over superstar in WWE today. It's enough for him to be in the main event.

He's superior to anyone on the full time roster. He's pinned Cena clean and beat Orton clean plenty of times. If WWE don't believe in Bryan, why would they let him pin Cena clean? He's been booked well.

Since when were Brodus Clay and Ryder as over as Bryan? Since when did WWE give them the WWE title and let them beat Cena clean? They were midcarders as best.

Again, without watching his rise from the bottom, it's hard to understand why he'd be over. In fact to be specific, I'd suggest watching RAW/Smackdown from between last May and July, which is start of his push.

Bryan clearly has distinguishing traits. He's look is different from the majority of generic short haired, clean shaven superstars, the way he connects with the crowd is unique, his chants and his in ring style. What's Batista's character?

Everyone is an underdog when they're first entering the main event scene. Once he's won the title and established himself, he'll no longer be the underdog. But then again nowadays Cena's still seen as an underdog who overcomes the odds.

Bryan's lack of supposed character, size, look, promo skills etc won't hold him back from being a top main eventer in the upcoming years. None of those things matter here. He's beyond the midcard it would be senseless for him to drop to that level. All that matters is Bryan is unique and he's over and because of that he'll be a main eventer in the coming years.

Anyway just to be clear, I just want Bryan to win the title and to solidify himself as a main eventer. Same thing I wanted when CM Punk was getting a push in 2011, when Cena was getting a push in 2004, Orton in 2009 vs the McMahons and possibly Jeff Hardy too. After that I'll probably find someone else to support that should main event.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:31 am

Management believes in Daniel Bryan, if they didn't believe him he would've been already amongst mid carders, what is worrying me is that they want to to capitalize on his popularity in a Wrestlemania main event which is so premature for him.

I have already accepted the fact that they are going to make him champion that night but a Wrestlemania main event is too precious of a slot to be wasted on a happy ending story of a rookie.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6682
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by M99 Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:38 am

What lol? Bryan is NOT going to win the championship at Mania. Batista will, Batista vs Orton is booked. But we might see Byran vs Triple H as the last match of the show, ie: main event.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30238
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:How is it possible to know people in management don't want Bryan as champion? Bryan is charismatic and he's the most over superstar in WWE today. It's enough for him to be in the main event.
He's already been champion so they believe in him enough to give him pity reigns out of pressure due to fan/children chanting yes.

However, obviously they don't believe in him enough to main event the biggest show of the wrestling year because they wouldn't have brought back Batista and gifted him the rumble and inserted him into the title scene straight away.

Plus all those dirtsheets back up the idea that Bryan isn't seen as having a main event superstar potential of the caliber of Cena, Punk, Batista and Orton by management.

Yohan Modric wrote:He's superior to anyone on the full time roster. He's pinned Cena clean and beat Orton clean plenty of times. If WWE don't believe in Bryan, why would they let him pin Cena clean? He's been booked well.

Erm, what? how are we defining superior here? It doesn't actually matter because in every instance you'd be wrong. He's the best at nothing in the company. Absolutely nothing.

Yohan Modric wrote:Since when were Brodus Clay and Ryder as over as Bryan? Since when did WWE give them the WWE title and let them beat Cena clean? They were midcarders as best.
Bryan is better than those guys, he's like them 1.5. I was just using them as an example for why casuals and children chant for him. Because his character is on their level, they can't always understand when someone like Punk is giving a monologue, but chanting Yes is catchy and easy.

Yohan Modric wrote:Again, without watching his rise from the bottom, it's hard to understand why he'd be over. In fact to be specific, I'd suggest watching RAW/Smackdown from between last May and July, which is start of his push.

Again, this is nonsense. I am fully aware why he's over.

Yohan Modric wrote:Bryan clearly has distinguishing traits. He's look is different from the majority of generic short haired, clean shaven superstars, the way he connects with the crowd is unique, his chants and his in ring style. What's Batista's character?
He's a small guy with a hobo beard. That's about the only distinguishing thing about him. Why do you think he's the only one with it? because it's ridiculous. Nobody wants to see that. He looks like a the offspring between Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins.

Connecting with the crowd? Children chant Yes because it's easier to grasp than a Punk monologue. Also, Yes isn't always in relation to Bryan when being chanted, it's something that can be used and will be used long after he's been released. Similar to Austin's what. And smarks chant for him because they're using him as a figurehead to express their discontent with the current WWE product. Not really because they actually find him interesting. However, I hope they keep doing this, because it will just annoy people when their segments get interrupted by chanting and eventually they will just bury him and people will move on.

Brotista is one of the GOAT cocky monster heels. As a face he's just a monster, pretty bland. They need to let his personality out. Can't do that as a face.

Yohan Modric wrote:Everyone is an underdog when they're first entering the main event scene. Once he's won the title and established himself, he'll no longer be the underdog. But then again nowadays Cena's still seen as an underdog who overcomes the odds.

Daniel Bryan will forever be the underdog. Unless he gains 5 inches, adds on 20 pounds of lean muscle or develops an awesomecharacter to hide his short comings. He's obviously doing none of those things. You can't be in the ring with people like Lesnar, Batista, etc, when you look like that and think the latter are the underdogs or on equal footing. It just makes no sense.

Yohan Modric wrote:Bryan's lack of supposed character, size, look, promo skills etc won't hold him back from being a top main eventer in the upcoming years. None of those things matter here. He's beyond the midcard it would be senseless for him to drop to that level. All that matters is Bryan is unique and he's over and because of that he'll be a main eventer in the coming years.

Stop trolling. How on earth can you straight up say none of those things matter here. You're basically just saying the crowd chanting YES will carry his entire career, lol? Yes, he's unique compared to what we're used to seeing, we may as well reinsert Mysterio into the title picture in that case then?

Yohan Modric wrote:Anyway just to be clear, I just want Bryan to win the title and to solidify himself as a main eventer.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mytrn05e4a1r3j80ko2_250

Unfortunately, that's highly unlikely to happen, unless Bryan is an outlier, he simply doesn't fit the mould of established and consistent main eventers over history. You can keep deluding yourself by thinking he is, or ever will be comparable to guys like Chris Jericho and Ric Flair, but that's simply not the case. Yes, those guys were smaller champions (though most were bigger than Bryan and had far superior physiques) however, they had great charisma on the mic and were some of the most exciting wrestlers around as a package (character, mic work and in ring ability)

I do believe Bryan will win the title in the future again and will be involved in the occasional main event (when others are injured possibly) I'm not against that, however Wrestlemania's main event should be sacred ground only for the current elite. We already had to put up with The Miz being involved in it once, I pray we don't have a repeat of that catastrophe.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:02 pm

lmfao at the philosophical debate on wrestling

This is a new high Proud

We have evolved the WWElegacy Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89381
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 pm

The latest rumours say Bryan will be inserted into the main event at WM with Batista and Orton. They'll be looking at crowd reactions to determine WM matches. Now with Bryan being the most over, it's easily possible for him to main event. It's about what the WWE fans want and it's up to WWE give that. At this point the majority want Bryan as champion. No one cares about his shortcomings or weaknesses. All they know is he's over and should be champion.

Bryan is superior to everyone the roster at this point. He's the superstar who's on fire and at the top currently.

Casual's and children are meant to be worthless then? WWE value their opinion the most ahead of smarks. It's why Cena is what he is today. He pulls in casuals with what he does. Bryan is over because of the casuals. He wouldn't be getting a push if it was just smarks chanting.

Main thing is Bryan has a unique look, which is all that matters. WWE is about uniqueness. Doesn't matter if he looks homeless, as long as he stands out that's what matters. Batista has no gimmick and as a heel he didn't have one either. Bryan has enough of a gimmick to main event.

'Bryan will be the underdog unless he has an awesome character'. No one knows how Bryan will develop once he wins the title.

None of those things matter because Bryan is unique in his own way. He's not perfect, but with what he's got he's making the best out of it and the audience like it.

Also Batista being recalled has been a total flop considering the audience want Bryan over him.

At this point Bryan not being comparable to so and so, or his lack of gimmick is just a personal opinion. WWE doesn't care about that.

There's no point trying to discuss Bryan's weaknesses here, because Bryan is already a top superstar, who's won the title multiple times.


Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Anyway just to sum everything up, the majority of regular viewers here will agree Bryan has the potential to be a top superstar in the coming years. There's also a good chance he'll main event WM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The latest rumours say Bryan will be inserted into the main event at WM with Batista and Orton. They'll be looking at crowd reactions to determine WM matches. Now with Bryan being the most over, it's easily possible for him to main event. It's about what the WWE fans want and it's up to WWE give that. At this point the majority want Bryan as champion. No one cares about his shortcomings or weaknesses. All they know is he's over and should be champion.
The same rumours/betting odds that according to you had Bryan winning the rumble.. What the fans chant and why they chant shouldn't be taken at face value. WWE seem to know this while you don't. Should Brodus Clay/Fandango be inserted into the main event? They're/were more over than Batista/Orton judgding by crowd reaction. Let's place them into the main event scene at Mania.

Yohan Modric wrote:Bryan is superior to everyone the roster at this point. He's the superstar who's on fire and at the top currently.
That's funny, because Batista was just brought back and won the rumble on his return and is headlining Mania. I'd say he's on top, if not him, Lesnar or the champion, Orton. These guys currently have the biggest matches at the biggest show lined up, while Bryan is scheduled for a mid-tier match at the event(Sheamus/HHH). If Bryan was this superstar who was clearly above everyone on the roster, why did they bring Batista back to main event? I mean, they have this insanely hot incredible property in Bryan on their hands the way you're trying to sell it. It's just not true.

Yohan Modric wrote:Casual's and children are meant to be worthless then? WWE value their opinion the most ahead of smarks. It's why Cena is what he is today. He pulls in casuals with what he does. Bryan is over because of the casuals. He wouldn't be getting a push if it was just smarks chanting.

Cena is more complete than Bryan. Better on the mic, better media presence, looks the part of someone who should be top of an organization. If Bryan was any of these WWE would have elevated him to that level ages ago. He doesn't fit the established mould of previous elite wrestlers.

Yohan Modric wrote:Main thing is Bryan has a unique look, which is all that matters. WWE is about uniqueness. Doesn't matter if he looks homeless, as long as he stands out that's what matters. Batista has no gimmick and as a heel he didn't have one either. Bryan has enough of a gimmick to main event.

Why am I wasting my breath here? you keep disregarding the points I'm trying to make. Mysterio stands out. Brodus Clay stands out. Looking unique alone doesn't get you to the top. You keep saying he has a gimmick, well what is it? Bryan has no gimmick, he's bland, boring and doesn't have the look to carry these deficiencies. Besides, his look really isn't that unique either when I think about it, the Wyatt's have a similar look. Bryan only stands out when you think of it as him looking the total opposite compared to the actual elite wrestlers. You think, what is this guy doing here with the big boys? Being "unique" in that aspect isn't a positive.



Yohan Modric wrote:Bryan will be the underdog unless he has an awesome character'. No one knows how Bryan will develop once he wins the title.

He doesn't have the look to be a dominant champion and beat people like Lesnar and Batista credibly week in week out, the underdog role is the only thing that works for him, and management know this since it's been his thing for years. This is so obvious that it doesn't even need debating. He hasn't evolved noticeably EVER. Nothing suggests he's capable of doing so.

Yohan Modric wrote:None of those things matter because Bryan is unique in his own way. He's not perfect, but with what he's got he's making the best out of it and the audience like it.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, because you haven't quoted me. I assume by none of those things matter, you're once again disregarding everything that proven main eventers have had in their repertoire throughout history. Ludicrous. Find me 3 wrestlers who have cemented themselves as main eventers throughout the last 20 years that are as limited as Bryan in the key aspects (charisma/mic work(media crossover appeal too I guess), body composition/stature and exciting/unique in ring ability) and I'll buy you front row Wrestlemania tickets and a pair of Daniel Bryan trunks.

Yohan Modric wrote:Also Batista being recalled has been a total flop considering the audience want Bryan over him.

Was always going to happen when he was a face. He has literally never been interesting as one. It's like making Lesnar a face. Stupid move. I guess they were desperate because of the lack of star power going into Mania. Just another example of why they don't have much faith in Bryan as a star.

Yohan Modric wrote:At this point Bryan not being comparable to so and so, or his lack of gimmick is just a personal opinion. WWE doesn't care about that.
WWE doesn't care about personal opinion? That's correct. They'll push who they want, really. Unless you meant him not fitting the established guidelines that successful past main eventers before have him set, in that case you're wrong. Simply put, Bryan doesn't fit the that mould, and nothing suggests he's capable of being a main event mainstay for years to come.

Yohan Modric wrote:There's no point trying to discuss Bryan's weaknesses here, because Bryan is already a top superstar, who's won the title multiple times.

Right. Let's not discuss deficiencies while trying to have an objective discussion on an individuals potential to be among the elite. That makes sense.

anyway, just to sum my thoughts up;

Bryan is obviously popular due to certain, obvious reasons, and probably does deserve a title shot or two down the line, provided WWE can handle it right (if they don't, he could find his popularity plummet and he doesn't have the traits to claw his way back up without rehashing this storyline) if certain superstars are injured or to break from the same feuds being constantly cycled through. However, having such a limited individual main event and win the title at the biggest show of the year would be a mistake.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:52 pm

M99 wrote:What lol? Bryan is NOT going to win the championship at Mania. Batista will, Batista vs Orton is booked. But we might see Byran vs Triple H as the last match of the show, ie: main event.

Knowing WWE they'll probably find a way to make it a triple threat match with Daniel Bryan in it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6682
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Actually some sites had Batista as favourite to win the rumble. How is Brodus Clay and Fandango's popularity anywhere near Bryan's? Again, another reason to watch WWE regularly. It's not comparable. Batista is an established main eventer, those 2 are midcarders, so it doesn't matter what reaction he gets currently. WWE will put him in main events based on his past run in the company.

Bryan is a hot property. He's been the most popular and over superstar in the past 8-9 months. Only regular viewers would however understand this. Batista being back is a good thing, everyone wants the best superstars at WM. However him winning the rumble and Bryan not even being in it could simply be a storyline, where the authority storyline wise don't want him main eventing WM. The promo on the RAW after the rumble kinda proves this.

Bryan isn't scheduled for anything. There's been plenty of rumours suggesting Bryan could be inserted into the title match with Orton and Batista.

Cena is more complete than Bryan, but here we're talking about reactions and overness. Bryan only got super over 8-9 months ago and he's getting a slow build towards the title. Him not winning it straight away is actually a good thing.

Yes Brodus Clay stands out, so do the Wyatt's. But look alone isn't enough to warrant a push. Bryan is beyond them. He's getting a push because he's over. Bryan has evolved and once again he's a character that needs to be watched to understand how he has.

Anyway his weaknesses listed here don't matter. There's no point discussing them any further when Bryan has got pushed despite those supposed weaknesses. All that matters is his positives and how over he is. He'll be judged on that and be a main eventer for the upcoming years.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Will get to that after the United game, Yohan Modric. Though It's clear we have differeing views and opinions. I'm neutral on Bryan, while you seem to have an invested interest in him. I think it's clouding your judgement with regards to certain points.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Main thing is none of his weaknesses matter. The problem here is some people think they do and others don't. Bryan has got pushed despite those weaknesses. He's beaten Cena and Orton clean and won the title a few times. He's already past the stage of what we're discussing here. That whether he's good enough to main event or not.

It's clear based on his past booking he'll be a main eventer in the upcoming years and he'll win the title. Maybe also main event WM. No one can disagree with that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40107
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm just arguing that he'll never be at the level of a consistent main eventer like Orton, Cena, Punk, etc. The only reason he's even a fringe main eventer currently is due to the fact that WWE  have their lowest amount of legit superstars that I've ever seen. I even said I could see him winning the title under certain circumstances in the future (again) I just have a problem with you thinking he should and deserves to main event and even win the title at Wrestlemania, the pinnacle of the industry.

Bryan being in the equation isn't even a compliment to him, it's more a harrowing look at the state of the current WWE.

At the end of the day, you think Bryan deserves to be among the elite, while I (and many others on GL) believe the opposite as it currently stands. I've stated my reasons numerous times and your opinion won't change that, just like my logic seemingly won't change your stance. I guess we'll just have to let the future play out and determine who was right on this.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Also, I actually think that Bryan will be inserted into the main event at Mania, not that he deserves it. Mainly because Batista vs Orton would get booed to hell. Nobody wants to see Face Batista vs Orton. I hope Lesnar gets inserted, but Bryan would work too. Batista wins, turns heel the next night, and then feuds with and crushes Bryan in a feud before moving on to Cena or something.

That way fans get to see Bryan in the main event at Mania which is a payoff, but WWE get to continue with the underdog gimmick that works for him and keeps him over for a while longer.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33068
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum