Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
zizzle
Onyx
23 posters

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Triple H announced at tonight's WWE SmackDown tapings that The Shield will face The Wyatt Family at next month's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Here's the card so far:

Elimination Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena vs. TBA vs. TBA

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family

Antonio Cesaro defeated Dolph Ziggler in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match at tonight's SmackDown tapings to earn a spot in the Chamber match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title next month. Christian later returned to action and defeated Jack Swagger to earn the final spot in the Chamber.
Here's the updated card coming out of tonight's tapings:

Elimination Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Christian vs. Randy Orton

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:30 pm

As noted, CM Punk has been removed from WWE events going forward after reportedly informing Vince McMahon at Monday's RAW that he was going home. Punk reportedly told Vince and other WWE officials this in a meeting before the show went on the air.

While Punk vs. Triple H was planned for WrestleMania XXX, word now is that Triple H will be facing Daniel Bryan in New Orleans this April.

Punk leaving is being described as a situation where he's unhappy and burnt out with the overall direction of the company. There's also a feeling among wrestlers that Punk has saved his money and just doesn't need it any more, even the big WrestleMania payday that was coming up.

Following the Royal Rumble on Sunday, Punk's mood was described as "pissy" but that's not an unusual description of Punk's demeanor backstage.

One source believed that since Punk's last goal was to work a WrestleMania main event, it may be a situation where he realized it wasn't going to happen this year and with his WWE deal expiring in July, that may have weighed down upon him because he was so goal driven and this was one he couldn't accomplish because of elements that were outside of his control.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Punk already had a 434 day title reign, he has to give others a chance. He faced Undertaker at WM last year, Rock at the rumble and Lesnar at SummerSlam and he's been in a few filler feuds. He can't always be main eventing.

This WM he would have beaten Triple H.

I'm pretty sure he would have been fighting for the title after WM. With Cena around, no one is going to become the face.

However I do agree he should have been more prominent. During his title reign, Cena was main eventing against John Laurinaitis and Michael Cole.

Ideally this year's WM main event would have been Punk vs Bryan for the title.

Old guys like Batista shouldn't be returning to take the place of younger superstars.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm

There's nothing wrong with a big name like Batista coming back and main eventing, providing he sticks around instead of doing a Rock

You need to make use of these main eventers before they retire, the young guys have 15 years left to have main event status.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Batista's already main evented WM and won the rumble before. I doubt anyone wants to see that again. He's had his run. All he should be now is an attraction in a non title match against Lesnar or someone.

Guys like Punk/Bryan work hard all year, only for an old superstar to return and take their place, which is unfair. Best strategy long term is to give the younger guys a chance. Maybe have Batista put someone young like Reigns over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:58 pm

People like Batista, The Rock, etc, have a more recognisable name, face, and look for the general public/media leading up to WM (which gets media coverage from a lot of places that normally don't bother talking about WWE) It gets casuals talking and considering buying the PPV.

Someone like Bryan and to a much lesser extent CM Punk simply don't give you that. Punk still isn't near that level. I can understand why Vince has been bringing these guys back leading up to and for WM season the past few years.

The people that whine and cheer Bryan are always going to buy the PPV regardless.

Still, from what I've seen Punk has had legit runs in this era of Super Cena dominance and is just being whiny. No doubt he will return in a year or two.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:05 pm

There's nothing wrong with Batista, Rock etc appearing at WM. It's actually a good thing since the show overall has more star power. The only thing is they shouldn't be main eventing. Rock vs Cena obviously should, but there's no reason for Batista too. Just by simply being on the actual WM card is enough.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Punk leaving could all just be part of an angle too, setting up Punk vs Triple H at WM.

He's leaving because he's tired of the authority screwing him all these years. They then realise it's bad for business etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Prowrestling.net reports that CM Punk seemed very disinterested in the current WWE product at his Wizard World Q&A session in Portland this past Friday during Royal Rumble weekend.

Punk was very upset about Batista getting the WrestleMania XXX main event. While he said that he is friends with Batista, he admitted that it was Daniel Bryan's year.

Punk made the comment, "I show up. Someone tells me what to do and I just go out do it and leave."

He also implied his recent work was not good and that he was down to using two moves a match. Punk reportedly came off despondent and unhappy with WWE.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Hypothetical question: If CM Punk signs with TNA would you watch their product regularly ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 pm

Not sure about regularly, but I'd definitely check out what he's doing in the first few weeks/months etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Nope, I have no interest in TNA so I couldn't care less what his storylines were

If he was making controversial comments about the WWE, I'd check out the segment on Youtube or something.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Prowrestling.net reports that CM Punk seemed very disinterested in the current WWE product at his Wizard World Q&A session in Portland this past Friday during Royal Rumble weekend.

Punk was very upset about Batista getting the WrestleMania XXX main event. While he said that he is friends with Batista, he admitted that it was Daniel Bryan's year.

Punk made the comment, "I show up. Someone tells me what to do and I just go out do it and leave."

He also implied his recent work was not good and that he was down to using two moves a match. Punk reportedly came off despondent and unhappy with WWE.

Just as I thought. So it's also top stars and not just 'smarks' who are outraged by the Rumble.

MT is right. Did Hogan and Rock fight for the WWE Championship on WM 18? Was Austin vs Rock for the championship on WM 19? Bringing in older stars will boost buy rates as long as they are in a big match, put the championship match on the current stars.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm

For what it's worth, the WWE Twitter account unfollowed CM Punk today.

TMZ has an article about CM Punk "quitting" WWE at this link. According to the tabloid site, Punk quit the company after he learned about his role at WrestleMania, and feels that he's earned the right to main event the show.

He was also upset about Batista winning the Royal Rumble, feeling that big Dave isn't in good wrestling shape and shouldn't be wrestling for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

TMZ also stated that Punk is serious about leaving and "has no plans to return."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 pm

@M99 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Prowrestling.net reports that CM Punk seemed very disinterested in the current WWE product at his Wizard World Q&A session in Portland this past Friday during Royal Rumble weekend.

MT is right. Did Hogan and Rock fight for the WWE Championship on WM 18? Was Austin vs Rock for the championship on WM 19? Bringing in older stars will boost buy rates as long as they are in a big match, put the championship match on the current stars.

Difference is WWE had a plethora of stars back then.

It's fine saying put the championship match on the current stars, but they have none outside of Cena and to a lesser extent Orton and maybe Punk (who aren't big ratings draws IIRC) So that comparison really holds no weight.

Like I said, there is a reason they've been bringing back old main eventers the last few years for WM.

They need to develop big stars like Reigns and Bray more before they can be in the main event at WM IMO. Maybe next year hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Or they could just put the title on a current superstar who is more over than Batista and Lesnar put together. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 pm

PWInsider reports that WWE sources indicate CM Punk quitting WWE had nothing to do with Batista personally and it wasn't Batista that caused the decision.

It was more a collection of issues including being burnt out, injuries, a difference in what WWE saw as a big push for Punk and what he felt was one, specifically facing Triple H at WrestleMania XXX.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Punk's loss is Bryan's gain hmm

Since apparently he will now be facing HHH? instead of having a filler match with Sheamus.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Orton won't win the chamber with the form he's in. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Batista vs Bryan vs Punk for the title - Triple H special guest ref. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Wow, I am quite surprised at this. But not shocked.

Punk was a major star without any doubt. He definitely should have had a match with HHH at WM. No idea why WWE changed that.

Bryan vs HHH doesn't make sense. Would be a good match and a draw but leads to nowhere unless it's the main event which I doubt.

I am with MT on this. There is no way Batista should have won the Rumble. He was never great. His run in 05-07 flopped horribly when they tried to make him the face of the company. I don't know why revisionists are trying to make him something like Austin. No one cares about him at this point. Rather see Orton retain the Title. At least he gets cheered by the female fans.

Regarding Punk's leaving. It *could* be a work. Happened before. But it looks real. Specially with Punk's decline. He was a star, but he was never important. Reason he didn't main event in his title reign was because he wasn't a draw. And people only liked him because he was the anti-christ/Cena.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Re EC:

Cena Vs Seamus Vs Bryan Vs Christian Vs Cesaro Vs Orton

lmfao I wonder who the last 3 will be Laughing

If Bryan has a match with HHH, then Orton is retaining. Why isn't Lesnar in it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 pm

@zizzle wrote:Hypothetical question: If CM Punk signs with TNA would you watch their product regularly ?

The only way I will ever watch TNA is if Cena moves there or Lesnar.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:05 pm

An idea:

CM Punk doesn't show up until the Elimination Chamber match. The remaining 2 participants are Bryan and Orton. As Bryan is about to win, Triple H comes out along with the Shield and Kane and they unlock the elimination chamber door. Triple H orders the Shield to beat down on Bryan. After a bit CM Punk's music hits and he helps Bryan out. Kane then rips off his suit and helps Punk out. Bryan then hits the running knee on Orton and wins the title.

Batista vs Bryan vs Punk - Triple H special guest referee  - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

At the start Batista shakes hands with both Punk and Bryan, but during the match Triple H pedigrees Punk and Batista turns heel by smiling/nodding at Triple H and chucking Bryan out the ring. Just as Batista is about to pin Punk, Vince McMahon comes out with a new ref and then there's confusion. Bryan and Punk then both get up and, attack Triple H/Batista and chuck them out the ring. They then fight among themselves and eventually Bryan wins. After the match they shake hands as the whole arena erupts with yes chants.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:An idea:

CM Punk doesn't show up until the Elimination Chamber match. The remaining 2 participants are Bryan and Orton. As Bryan is about to win, Triple H comes out along with the Shield and Kane and they unlock the elimination chamber door. Triple H orders the Shield to beat down on Bryan. After a bit CM Punk's music hits and he helps Bryan out. Kane then rips off his suit and helps Punk out. Bryan then hits the running knee on Orton and wins the title.

Batista vs Bryan vs Punk - Triple H special guest referee  - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

At the start Batista shakes hands with both Punk and Bryan, but during the match Triple H pedigrees Punk and Batista turns heel by smiling/nodding at Triple H and chucking Bryan out the ring. Just as Batista is about to pin Punk, Vince McMahon comes out with a new ref and then there's confusion. Bryan and Punk then both get up and, attack Triple H/Batista and chuck them out the ring. They then fight among themselves and eventually Bryan wins. After the match they shake hands as the whole arena erupts with yes chants.

I remember when I was this innocent.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 pm

CM Punk is gone? For real. FFS.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum