Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Freeza
The Franchise
rwo power
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Puzzled about male reaction to women football - Page 2 Empty Re: Puzzled about male reaction to women football

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:48 pm

@cyberman

I think the "we" you used is a bit over the top as there are in fact people who watch women football. (Or is it the majestic plural you use?  ^^)

As for watching conference football despite Bundesliga being on - as my team is currently in the 4th division, so of course I would watch this before any BL match, if they are actually shown on TV for a change. ^^

As for poor women keepers - yeah, there are some that are not really good, but on the other hand, there are some who are excellent, too, for example Nadine Angerer who actually managed to keep a clean sheet throughout a whole World Cup and who won the FIFA Women's World Player of the Year as firsk GK to win a World and Europe PotY since Lev Yashin in 1963.

But actually this wasn't so much my point as you are of course entitled to not watch it (I don't watch stuff like Golf or baseball or stuff like that either as it just doesn't interest me) - the point was that there are often guys who comment on articles about women football who virtually seem to be frothing from the mouth insulting the sport and people who watch it as if it is something criminal to show or talk about. The reason for *that* puzzles me.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Puzzled about male reaction to women football - Page 2 Empty Re: Puzzled about male reaction to women football

Post by Eivindo Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:23 am

Dont think I would have watched womens football even if they were hot
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 pm

This is an unpredictable sport, regardless of who plays it.

Just as I've done with previous iterations, I'll approach the women's game with an open mind and no expectations. I'm actually looking forward to the Women's World Cup next year.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm

@McLewis

Well, with women football, the US have a good chance of winning the World Cup for a change - even though our ladies will do their best to hinder them Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:24 pm

rwo power wrote:@McLewis

Well, with women football, the US have a good chance of winning the World Cup for a change - even though our ladies will do their best to hinder them Smile

Germany are indeed a threat, as always. It's cool that the cup's in Canada too. Hope the US has some games in Toronto.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 pm

The answer is simple their are some idiots out there who find the need to belittle things they don't like or agree with.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:14 am

rwo power wrote:Well, this still doesn't explain why many guys seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time actively and vociferously talking down something they are allegedly not interested in.
Most men won't spend time on those forums like you'r e mentioning, if they don't like women's football.  But like with any topic, there will be people who will go over the top and be obnoxious..  This topic doesn't sound any different.  my 2c.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:09 am

People saying women not fast or strong enough huh. Let's take example. There was team with comparatively short and weak players. They used to get bullied and forced of the ball in final third. What did they do they devised a style that relies more on skills rather than physicality.Not only the style negated their opponents physical advantage it also provided the most beautiful and exhilarating football seen in ages. The team went on to win euro cup world cup and euro cup again. My point jst luk at evolution, man has always triumped his shortcomings. So will women.they may develop a style of football which relies more on skills rather than speed or physicality. Believe me stranger things have happened. Jst give it time

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:32 pm

If your speaking about Spain, take a look at the defenders and forwards they had and then tell me again they lacked speed and power.

Torres, Villa, Puyol, Ramos....they win nothing without these players.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:If your speaking about Spain, take a look at the defenders and forwards they had and then tell me again they lacked speed and power.

Torres, Villa, Puyol, Ramos....they win nothing without these players.

I said in final third and BTW villa was strong and fast Rolling Eyes Torres was exception why would Spain play fabregas false in euro 2012

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Xavi inesta Silva  navas(although fast not so strong) Pedro even fabregas. Also though busi luKs big he is not conventionally physically intimidating. Even how u consider villa strong is beyond me. In defence u have alba can u call him strong though he is fast

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:07 pm

I know Xavi and iniesta are short, but they're not women, mate. You understand what that means right ?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Vanquisher Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 am

It's very hostile. It's either people catcalling Alex Morgan or Sidney Leroux or people saying no one cares about women's football. Personally, I think women's football can do a lot to grow the game in countries in which football isn't the main sport (Canada, U.S, Australia) both for men and women.

I'm by no means a hardcore fan of women's football. But it deserves a little bit more respect than it gets.
The Vanquisher
The Vanquisher
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:56 pm

It boils down to the womens game being at a very low level. Women can't compete with even teenage boys and will never be seen as the highest level of almost all sports. People try so hard to side step this instead of just admitting it. It also boils down to men living vicariously through these sports stars and most men don't see themselves through the women on the field. People shouldn't be disrespectful but womens football is seen as some leisure activity.
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:21 pm

I don't even think any of these people have seen any games. Women's football is truer to the definition of football in my case.

What's football nowadays? Media, Corruption and the fact players literally roll down with a single touch to win fouls or PK's for their teams. Its worse than Basketball atm

Women's football on the other hand, They go into 50-50s and stand up like nothing happened and play to the whistle which is what i expect from a football player.

I remember the Canadian full back in the Olympics who got hacked down twice in one run, But she stayed on her feet the first time, balanced herself and went into another 50-50 the second time, Got studs up full on her heel in the second challenge but she got up checked her foot and then raised her hand up-to her head towards the ref for a foul once she had lost it due to falling. The ref said no and she ran back asap to her defensive position. (Would have asked her to marry me on the spot tbh)

I'd expect 7 somersaults and two artistic gymnast professional stunts in the first challenge if the Full back had been a male player playing the top leagues.

And this is something i see everywhere in Women NT football and its fantastic to watch. You might find this trivial because your definition of Football might be something else, I couldn't care less.

Been following Women's football since a while now, But only NT unfortunately.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Nishankly wrote:I don't even think any of these people have seen any games. Women's football is truer to the definition of football in my case.

What's football nowadays? Media, Corruption and the fact players literally roll down with a single touch to win fouls or PK's for their teams. Its worse than Basketball atm

Women's football on the other hand, They go into 50-50s and stand up like nothing happened and play to the whistle which is what i expect from a football player.

I remember the Canadian full back in the Olympics who got hacked down twice in one run, But she stayed on her feet the first time, balanced herself and went into another 50-50 the second time, Got studs up full on her heel in the second challenge but she got up checked her foot and then raised her hand up-to her head towards the ref for a foul once she had lost it due to falling. The ref said no and she ran back asap to her defensive position. (Would have asked her to marry me on the spot tbh)

I'd expect 7 somersaults and two artistic gymnast professional stunts in the first challenge if the Full back had been a male player playing the top leagues.

And this is something i see everywhere in Women NT football and its fantastic to watch. You might find this trivial because your definition of Football might be something else, I couldn't care less.

Been following Women's football since a while now, But only NT unfortunately.

Truer based on what exactly? Combine both men and womens football and women won't even get into under 15 teams. It's at a lower level and that isn't really up for debate.
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:44 pm

I think he meant that women's football is a more "pure" version of football.

Less arguing with the refs, less fake fouls, more respect within the players etc.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Warrior wrote:I think he meant that women's football is a more "pure" version of football.

Less arguing with the refs, less fake fouls, more respect within the players etc.

Thanks.

Players like Maradona, Pele used to get "attacked" on the field if you needed to stop them and still it wouldn't be given as fouls and they would get on with it.

The game has changed in a way which was needed but its lost a magnitude of its value IMHO
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Warrior wrote:I think he meant that women's football is a more "pure" version of football.

Thanks.

Players like Maradona, Pele used to get "attacked" on the field if you needed to stop them and still it wouldn't be given as fouls and they would get on with it.

The game has changed in a way which was needed but its lost a magnitude of its value IMHO

I agree. Maradona taking cocaine, being one of the worst divers in his era, doping, cheating on the field and avoiding tax, instigating brawls was the peak of the sport. I mean of all the examples to use. Womens football is 'purer' because there are no stakes in it. There are none because men won't watch it over mens football because it is at a lower level than teenage boys football. So less viewer-ship, less sponsorship etc I'm not sure what your argument is here if I'm honest.

I agree that there is no need for disrespect and cat calling and the likes but we can't escape reality!
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:02 pm

The first post you compare the level of playing when it has never been mentioned and is obvious to everyone that Male football is superior.

In the second post where i talk about the on field situations you go completely off the field and then again call Male football being superior which is not the point for christs/100 Indian gods sake.

Your comprehension is very wayward, Also im not arguing anything, Im just open enough not to belittle something as easily as you would.

The only thing i'd agree with is that Maradona was a bad example.

Also
Nishankly wrote:You might find this trivial because your definition of Football might be something else, I couldn't care less
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:04 am

I, too, have never understood why some guys have to go out of their way to insult womens' football, instead of just ignoring it. I suppose they see it as a great opportunity to flaunt their virtual penis Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:09 pm

I actually like to watch women's football sometimes, when it's up on TV.

Women's world cup or sth, it's really funny to watch, especially with women being clumsy (goalkeepers mostly)

Why would you insult them lmao, they are having a good time and they are fit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:19 pm

There is a rage on the women's sub-17 back home due to them kicking ass in the U17 Cup.

People are even ridiculing the senior men's NT with memes such as "this is how real football should be played" and an overall hype machine like never seen before in our football. Then again, we highly value our women back home.

It just seems silly and frankly, insecure to talk trash of women's sport. Small, limped dick guys, all of them.

BTW, suck on this Beckham :bow:

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:09 pm

I watch the women's world cup. The quality is decent, and man, some of these ladies take a beating. They rarely go down easily or dive.

I wish men's footy would take notice

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:49 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I watch the women's world cup. The quality is decent, and man, some of these ladies take a beating. They rarely go down easily or dive.

I wish men's footy would take notice

To be fair, though, mens' football is more physical and tackles occur while players are moving at relatively higher speeds, thus increasing the likelihood of serious injuries. Don't get me wrong, it's admirable that the women don't go down as easily. I don't doubt that they generally have more pride than male players, in that respect, but I daresay they are at a lower risk of getting rugby tackled by the Akinfenwas and De Jongs, and I don't believe diving is exclusively about winning cheap set pieces Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:05 pm

More physical and moving at higher speeds?

Mate, I think 99% of our male GL population would get absolutely hammered by any of those professional women tackling you, be it at 20 km/h or 0 km/h.

Have you seen their legs?!

That's like saying women UFC fighters don't hit as hard as the men. In pure energy wise you might be right, but pretty much anyone is going down after a direct hit by any pro.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next