The TV Series Thread - Part 3

+43
Dutti
BarrileteCosmico
Vibe
Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
RED
zenmaster
elm_baraja_shaman
MaraVilla
Pedram
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
Kaladin
Soul
mr-r34
Nishankly
TalkingReckless
matpol
Le Samourai
ExtremistEnigma
gb
Forza
Rebaño Sagrado
juventus101
Freeza
LeVersacci
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
elitedam
Adit
El Gunner
lenear1030
che
M99
Onyx
Mamad
RedOranje
Blue Barrett
McAgger
McLewis
Motogp69
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 am

They only submit 1 episode of the entire season for judgement from the jury. So there's always the chance that they chose a wrong episode for Dinklage. How much screentime did he have in the court episode?

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:13 am

Don't remember, had 1 or 2 scenes in the holding cell then a lengthy drawn out scene during the trial

And that acting was absolutely top class. I loved BB but the emotion he got across in that scene was better than anything A.P done imo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 am

@RealGunner wrote:Think the reason for that is GoT is rated R and is not for everyone. People even after 5 seasons can't understand wtf happened or who is that scrub coming from Dorne. Mates still text me saying Olenna is Maergery's mum rather than grandmother lol. It's a difficult show so critics probably say f u to it. same reason why Modern Family wins every year in oppose to shows like Orange is the new black.

Breaking Bad was for everyone and ever kid, teen or adult could watch it or watched it. It has universal approval because it's that kind of show.

I understand why they gave it tbh.
Yet more people watch Game of Thrones than Breaking Bad. wat
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:46 am

Cranston is still a deserved winner.

I am personally sour about The Americans not getting any love. Great season 2.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27196
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:56 am

@ExtremistEnigma wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Think the reason for that is GoT is rated R and is not for everyone. People even after 5 seasons can't understand wtf happened or who is that scrub coming from Dorne. Mates still text me saying Olenna is Maergery's mum rather than grandmother lol. It's a difficult show so critics probably say f u to it. same reason why Modern Family wins every year in oppose to shows like Orange is the new black.

Breaking Bad was for everyone and ever kid, teen or adult could watch it or watched it. It has universal approval because it's that kind of show.

I understand why they gave it tbh.
Yet more people watch Game of Thrones than Breaking Bad. wat


Doesn't negate my point any way. The demographics for GoT is normally 18-60 unless some kids pirate it. GoT appeals to adults more because of the theme, gore, maturity etc and naturally more people will watch it. Not to mention the hype it has which normally would get more and more people towards it.

However the critics see it differently. I don't know what the judging criteria is. If it's H2H then GoT is better than BB in every department for most people unless it's the fanboys. BB is more thrilling though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by M99 Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 am

@RealGunner wrote: If it's H2H then GoT is better than BB in every department for most people unless it's the fanboys. BB is more thrilling though.


So everyone who thinks BB is better than GOT is a fanboy? That's just wrong. I'm kinda torn between the two but that's just unfair. I agree with Freeza on GOT. It's only Dinklage who got robbed this year. BB deservedly won Best Drama having a fantastic final run of episodes, The Children was not as good as Ozymandias was and there was no way True Detective was not winning Best Directing after THAT scene.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30048
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 am

Sorry that came out wrong. I meant anyone who blindly says it without any justification or decent argument.

But it doesn't matter like I said. BB is a great show, it isn't a controversy that it won the awards. Just a personal dissatisfaction for many including me.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 am

I don't have anything against BB winning the best drama. All 3 of BB, GoT, TD would've been well deserved.

However it is an absolutely travesty that McConaughey and Dinklage were robbed for Cranston and Aaron Paul. NO WAY these two categories were even up for discussion.

Also Skylar White winning the best actress over Robin Wright rofl Another day light robbery.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 am

@RealGunner wrote:
@ExtremistEnigma wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Think the reason for that is GoT is rated R and is not for everyone. People even after 5 seasons can't understand wtf happened or who is that scrub coming from Dorne. Mates still text me saying Olenna is Maergery's mum rather than grandmother lol. It's a difficult show so critics probably say f u to it. same reason why Modern Family wins every year in oppose to shows like Orange is the new black.

Breaking Bad was for everyone and ever kid, teen or adult could watch it or watched it. It has universal approval because it's that kind of show.

I understand why they gave it tbh.
Yet more people watch Game of Thrones than Breaking Bad. wat


Doesn't negate my point any way. The demographics for GoT is normally 18-60 unless some kids pirate it. GoT appeals to adults more because of the theme, gore, maturity etc and naturally more people will watch it. Not to mention the hype it has which normally would get more and more people towards it.

However the critics see it differently. I don't know what the judging criteria is. If it's H2H then GoT is better than BB in every department for most people unless it's the fanboys. BB is more thrilling though.

Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19634
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 am

@RealGunner wrote:Sorry that came out wrong. I meant anyone who blindly says it without any justification or decent argument.

But it doesn't matter like I said. BB is a great show, it isn't a controversy that it won the awards. Just a personal dissatisfaction for many including me.  

Well said. +1

Oh and M99, I didn't say The Children was Ozymandias' biggest challenge I just said that it was worthy. The Secret Fate of All Life is what I brought up as Ozymandias' main challenge.

I wasn't really surprised with BB winning a lot of awards, because I know the hype and love it gets from a lot of people throughout the world, it is just dissatisfaction as RG said and of course a matter of a few daylight robberies which have been mentioned in the last few pages.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19634
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 am

Don't call me James wrote:I don't have anything against BB winning the best drama. All 3 of BB, GoT, TD would've been well deserved.

However it is an absolutely travesty that McConaughey and Dinklage were robbed for Cranston and Aaron Paul. NO WAY these two categories were even up for discussion.

Also Skylar White winning the best actress over Robin Wright rofl Another day light robbery.


They weren't in the same category
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 am

Anna Gunn and Robin Wright? hmm
I think they were in the same category.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19634
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:55 am

No they weren't
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by arabprince Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Robin Wright lost out to Julianna Marguiles (The Good Wife)
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 847
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:10 pm

The good wife wins every year.

Is it actually that good?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by elitedam Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm

I really like it. My favorite "lawyer" show.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1754
Join date : 2012-05-31
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

I see.

Anyways to change the topic slightly, what is everyone's fall/winter TV listing?

Mine right now is

The Walking Dead S5
Arrow Season 3
Flash Season 1
Gotham Season 1
Constantine Season 1
Powers

That's definite.


Rest will see how the new shows look when they debut. Interested in Hourman and preacher but they might air in 2015 or later.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:54 pm

From what I understand it is good, but it relies heavily on its lead, that actress, Julianna Marguiles.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19634
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by M99 Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Better Call Saul
Constantine
Arrow
Supernatural
The Flash
Gotham (maybe)
TWD (maybe)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30048
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Better Call Saul
TWD
Justified

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40097
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Peccadillo Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:25 am

@El Gunner wrote:
@Peccadillo wrote:If you're up to season 4 of Breaking Bad and are not convinced that its the greatest series ever made. Then maybe your best course.. would be to tread lightly.
Exactly this 'greatest tv show ever' bs that gets me going.
BB is a very good tv show, with amazing writing and directing execution. But saying it is the best for what the past 5 years or so, or even worse of all time. Is just so wrong for me.


I wasn't kidding.. I literally think BB is the best TV series ever made.

I have only watched S1 of GoT at this stage (I know, I know)..
My impression is that Game of Thrones relies quite heavily on its quite complex and well developed fantasy world, the intricacies of the relationships and the political framework which seems to loosely mirror historical realities. It's quite interesting..

BUT.. also, from what I saw, I thought the majority of the acting was substandard (with the exception of a few, yes, including Dinklage - however it also casts porn stars ffs!) and at times looked more like something being aired on the History Channel than an HBO production. Some scenes I just found plain boring, whether that was due to the writing, the acting or me, I don't know.

I think its a quality show and once I give it a chance I am sure I'll fall in love with it too.. But I feel like some aren't recognising just how perfect BB was. From what I have seen, despite undoubted improvements in production from increased funding, I still doubt it is going to trump BB in my books..


Last edited by Peccadillo on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2012-08-14
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:30 am

If anyone doesn't like BB, then it's time to visit Belize. Razz

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40097
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 am

Yohan Modric wrote:If anyone doesn't like BB, then it's time to visit Belize. Razz


who hacked MT
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:35 am

The magic powers in the Belize universe hacked me. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40097
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:37 am

@Peccadillo wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:
@Peccadillo wrote:If you're up to season 4 of Breaking Bad and are not convinced that its the greatest series ever made. Then maybe your best course.. would be to tread lightly.
Exactly this 'greatest tv show ever' bs that gets me going.
BB is a very good tv show, with amazing writing and directing execution. But saying it is the best for what the past 5 years or so, or even worse of all time. Is just so wrong for me.


I wasn't kidding.. I literally think BB is the best TV series ever made.

I have only watched S1 of GoT at this stage (I know, I know)..
My impression is that Game of Thrones relies quite heavily on its quite complex and well developed fantasy world, the intricacies of the relationships and the political framework which seems to loosely mirror historical realities. It's quite interesting..

BUT.. also, from what I saw, I thought the majority of the acting was substandard (with the exception of a few, yes, including Dinklage - however it also casts porn stars ffs!) and at times looked more like something being aired on the History Channel than an HBO production. Some scenes I just found plain boring, whether that was due to the writing, the acting or me, I don't know.

I think its a quality show and once I give it a chance I am sure I'll fall in love with it too.. But I feel like some aren't recognising just how perfect BB was. From what I have seen, despite undoubted improvements in production from increased funding, I still doubt it is going to trump BB in my books..


Nah we all have our favourites. It all depends on what you like in the end. Emmys are like Balon d'Or(less obvious though). Some will be happy, others will be unhappy. but everyone will have their personal player/tv show they wanted to win.

I am a big TWD fanboy for example. That should be winning the best Drama etc. But wasn't even nominated cause they can't handle zombies :coffee:

Versacci likes person of disinterest(forever alone) but that ain't winning anything sadly for him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Peccadillo Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 am

My two cents on best lead.. it's always a sh^t fight... If I had to choose, I would have said McConaughey edges it over Cranston.. But then who am I - both put in flawless performances playing very interesting characters. How do you choose.. really? Hardly cause for outcry that Cranston took it.

Cranston probably got it because he's a "TV actor". Who really cares.

As for support.. I kind of agree that Aaron Paul shouldn't have taken it.. He suited Jesse in a way but his acting was not flawless.. He was solid as Jesse, but anyone who has seen him in anything else will see that he's pretty average.

Although I have only seen S1 of GoT, I can imagine Dinklage's performances only improved. He should have won best support.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2012-08-14
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum