Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship?

+4
The Nature Boy
C.Marchisio #8
Brigate Rossonere
dostoevsky
8 posters

Go down

Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship? Empty Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship?

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Though unconfirmed, there is a strong chance that Sampdoria's captain Angelo Palombo will remain with the relegated side, though given that this may very well signal the end of his international career he may be swayed from this course.

How many players will share his loyalty and remain in Serie B to fight for their club is an intriguing question, however the question I wish to ask is how many deserve to be saved from this fate? Sampdoria made the Champions League play-offs with the potent strike partnership of Cassano and Pazzini, whilst Del Neri despite his poor season at Juventus must still be given credit for strong headship, however with a squad seemingly well equipped to remain in Serie A who were the true pretenders, or does everyone deserve a pardon?

How truly useful may these players become? Are they destined to become squad fillers in the mid-table, to taste relegation once more or to return to the highs of the Champions League? I shall elaborate on my decisions later and also to keep the thread managable at first as some names may not require a debate.

Top Four material (starters): Gastaldello, Palombo
Top Four material (bench): Poli - this should soon change

Europa League (starters): Dessena, Curci, Guberti, Volta, Pozzi

The mid-table: Lucchini, Mannini, Koman, Biabiany, Pedro Obiang

Survival/Relegation: Semioli, Tissone, Zauri

It seems unthinkable however in any analysis that a team with such a balance could have indeed been relegated however. I decided to thin out the ranks by reducing those I had initially placed as Europa league starters in the mid-table - though due to the high number of youngsters I initially wished to make it clear that they had plenty of potential to grow - however even so who here has been over-rated? It was my personal feeling that the coach was greatly to blame in Sampdoria's demise, both in formation, management of talent and motivation which greatly reduced the effectiveness of those I have rated here, however I believe as a way to kick start a tactical debate of sorts in the section Sampdoria would be an interesting case study.

Note too that club loyalty is also a relevant topic for discussion in this thread, as due to the abundance of Juventus fans on these forums we may also hear some interestings views on the conduct of these players throughout the transfer period.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship? Empty Re: Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship?

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Palombo to stand by Sampdoria
Angelo Palombo is hot property on the transfer market, but also reportedly prepared to turn down all offers after Sampdoria’s relegation.

The Italy international midfielder is of interest to the likes of Juventus, Napoli, Inter, Fiorentina and Lazio.

He was expected to walk away from Samp following their relegation to Serie B.

However, according to Secolo XIX, the captain has rejected all offers and agreed to take a pay cut in order to stand by Sampdoria in their hour of need.

Palombo could even sign a new contract tying him to the Blucerchiati for the rest of his career.

Well if Palombo won't leave, then the only other player of interest to me is Poli. I am not at all convinced by Gastaldello and believe that Samp's relegation was partly due to his underwhelming performances.

Poli would be a decent signing for Milan but I couldn't see him getting too much playing time for his first year or two at least...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship? Empty Re: Who will be saved from Sampdoria's sinking ship?

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:45 pm

From all these players i want to se Guberti at ours side..He is fast skillfull and can be good back up for LW..Also maybe Poli but we have enough CM's..Maybe if Marrota bought that guy and then send on loan , it will be good move buy twisted eye man ..And when its about Palombo I want him to stay there coz after i saw that video when he was crying on the last match its obviosly that he will stay there
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Poli and Guberti are good players.

Not sold on Gastaldello. This squad does in fact have some commodities that could, should they leave, really leave samp with nothing left but serie b quality players.

they might not make it up for some time
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 am

Volta is already at Parma I believe, We co owned him and none of the fans knows. We are also linked with Gastaldello, Dessena the Judas, Biabiany and Pozzi, all rumors though. Personally I would love Gastaldello at Parma, he might not be top tier material but definitely quality for mid table club like Parma
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:59 am

Already Ziegler...

Poli, Macheda, Gastandello, Maccarone and Guberti

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:05 pm

It's almost 100% certain that Macheda will return to Man United....even though he was rather poor in his loan with Samp...didn't make anything close to the intended impact...

Macca's definitely going to move on, but to where, I know not.

Guberti....didn't have the best of seasons honestly, but he's got good potential and is still highly thought of in Rome. I'd like to get him back honestly.

Poli would probably be the pick of the bunch. I'd rather get him then sign both Lamela and Alvarez, choosing just one of them instead.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Principino Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Juve should sign poli, i hope samp can keep palombo.
Il Principino
Il Principino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:44 am

Poli is going to Inter. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 am

Andrea Poli will most certainly leave, and he deserves to play in Serie A. Has potential to be a future La Nazionale call up.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down