Firenze
BarrileteCosmico
Freeza
LeVersacci
M99
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Oscars 2014 | 86th Academy Awards - Page 5 Empty Re: The Oscars 2014 | 86th Academy Awards

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:06 pm

McGOATnaughey cheers

Never seen any film nominated cheers

Hustle loyalty respect cheers

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Oscars 2014 | 86th Academy Awards - Page 5 Empty Re: The Oscars 2014 | 86th Academy Awards

Post by RED Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Watched it fully, and oh my, what a show that was. Ellen blew it out the park. My thoughts:

Ellen did one of the best hosting jobs I've ever seen. She made the ceremony imo. Brought all the actors to join in on the fun.

-That selfie pic
- The Pizza stunt
-Getting everyone to pay lmao
-The jokes

Everything was a hit.

Coupled with Lupita's win, Jared Leto's speech and 12 years a slave winning best picture. This year's Oscars was one of the best in recent memory imo.

Only slight negative was Leo DiCaprio didn't win Best Actor, but it's bittersweet cuz Mathew Mcconoughey was just as deserving.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Cracked me up this, Poor Leo

And fully agreed RED, Ellen was fantastic

The Oscars 2014 | 86th Academy Awards - Page 5 1M9WaUq
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Guessing GL who seems to be calling surfer boy romcom McConaughey the be all end all of actors didn't see Ejiofor's performance in 12 years Slave, Bruce Dern in Nebraska or Bale in American Hustle or Jackman in Prisoners and Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips.

DiCaprio is finesse yet nowhere near to any of these performances while Jonah Hill......LOL!

Abdi not winning for Captain Phillips Laughing

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Arq you're just showing that you didn't watch Dallas Buyers Club Laughing

Leto's oscar ranks up there with the most obviously deserved wins EVER. Abdi stood no choice, even though he was exceptional in his own right.

And same for McConaughey's performance. It was a worthy winner.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Guessing GL who seems to be calling surfer boy romcom McConaughey the be all end all of actors didn't see Ejiofor's performance in 12 years Slave, Bruce Dern in Nebraska or Bale in American Hustle or Jackman in Prisoners and Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips.

DiCaprio is finesse yet nowhere near to any of these performances while Jonah Hill......LOL!

I watched all of those performance with the exception of Bruce Dernls, and honestly, Mathew was just as deserving. He put in an immense performance in DBC and there isn't anyone can I find who have found a complaint of him winning it.

Leto's performance was far superior to Abdi's imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 pm

@McAgger wrote:Arq you're just showing that you didn't watch Dallas Buyers Club Laughing

Leto's oscar ranks up there with the most obviously deserved wins EVER. Abdi stood no choice, even though he was exceptional in his own right.

Obviously. I mean he listed Bale's performance in American Hustle.  Laughing (Which was decent, but he was just there to make up the numbers, wasn't even close other nominations.)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 pm

On another note can't believe Hanks got snubbed for Christian Bale's Performance :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:25 pm

@McAgger wrote:Arq you're just showing that you didn't watch Dallas Buyers Club Laughing

Its a long standing rule that when you play a mentally challenged person or with an apperance outside your own e.g transsexual that it is easier to convey your role compared to a naked role in which all your expressions and technique is open to the screen, rather than a product of your appearance. Which is why I felt Abdi's raw performance was just worthy.

@RED: Can't argue against that.

@Bale's performance was absolutely perfect. Would have been more apt if you stated DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street to which did not differ from his previous performances and is the product of some class screenwriting, not amazing acting.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:38 pm

John Travolta completely getting idina Menzel's name wrong has me in tears of laughter.

I'm on the floor..rofl rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:48 pm

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH I didn't know her name was Idina Menzel, so I didn't catch it life. I remember thinking, did he just say Adele?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:58 pm

@McAgger wrote:HAHAHAHAHHAHAH I didn't know her name was Idina Menzel, so I didn't catch it life. I remember thinking, did he just say Adele?

me neither bruh. I just realised now after seeing him get Donkey of the day on The Breakfast Club. lmao
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:01 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh03AerIgAIHe1J.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Jackman was the one who deserved to win it imo (not nominated, Prisoners screwed over in general). Jackman, McConaughey, Michael B. Jordan, Joaquin Phoenix and Chiwetel. That would have been my top 5 to be honest.
As much as I love Leo, I am getting so damn annoyed by fanboys claiming he should win it. Seriously.. just stop ffs :lol:I think he should have gotten it in for Gilbert Grape and The Aviator though, but that still doesn't mean that he should get the award in front of someone more deserving. Matthew McConaughey fully deserved it though, great performance.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Guessing GL who seems to be calling surfer boy romcom McConaughey the be all end all of actors didn't see Ejiofor's performance in 12 years Slave, Bruce Dern in Nebraska or Bale in American Hustle or Jackman in Prisoners and Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips.

Seriously Arq, Abdi over Leto???

The most deserved award of this year's Oscars is the award for Best Supporting Actor. Jared Leto was amazing in DBC.

Shame for Leo. But I knew he wouldn't win. Happy 12 Years a Slave won Best Picture. And also happy Gravity won a good number of awards.
And Alfonso Cuaron for Best Director!!! Totally deserved :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Leo's performance in Wolf was very good, Freeza. Just as deserving.

McConaughey is an amazing actor but his performance in DBC is overhyped because it's McConaughey's time now and everybody wants to get on the bandwagon. And people are getting tired now of being on the Leo bandwagon, therefore they slightly degrade his performances as of late and give in to the criticism that Leo's acting is one-dimensional.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:29 am

The Oscars 2014 | 86th Academy Awards - Page 5 Tumblr_n1u4yuWTCN1qd4rf5o1_250
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 am

@Freeza wrote:Jackman was the one who deserved to win it imo (not nominated, Prisoners screwed over in general). Jackman, McConaughey, Michael B. Jordan, Joaquin Phoenix and Chiwetel. That would have been my top 5 to be honest.
As much as I love Leo, I am getting so damn annoyed by fanboys claiming he should win it. Seriously.. just stop ffs :lol:I think he should have gotten it in for Gilbert Grape and The Aviator though, but that still doesn't mean that he should get the award in front of someone more deserving. Matthew McConaughey fully deserved it though, great performance.

100% agreed.

I am an avid supporter of Leo yet this whole victimization scheme that he has been robbed each year is getting old. His best performance was Aviator (by a mile) which should have been won as he'd stake claim to win an award if he even got close to that performance yet what people don't realize is that he is becoming a tad bit repetitive in his technique; he needs to vary up his performances. Wolf of Wall Street was not an Oscar winning performance.

Cannot agree more in Prisoners as not only it was a brilliant movie, yet the performance of Jackman in it was absolutely haunting, a magnanimous crime that it wasn't even nominated. Baffling.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 am

Jackman deserved the nomination over Bale definitely as did Gyllenhall in Best Supporting Actor and Prisoners movie itself. Look at my OP, from a month ago where I state the outrage.

Nominations are where it ends. McConaughey and Jared Leto 100 % deserved it.

Comepletely disagree with everything. I did not watch Nebraska but did watch every other movie.

And who cares if McConaughey used to be on rom coms? The award is for 2013 alone.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:35 pm

In the lead up to the 86th annual Academy Awards, one prevalent meme was that some Oscar voters simply didn't want to watch "12 Years a Slave." As it turns out, that was true: at least two anonymous members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences apparently never saw Steve McQueen's eventual Best Picture winner, this despite placing the film atop their Oscar ballots.

The surprising revelation comes via the Los Angeles Times: "All the same, two Oscar voters privately admitted that they didn't see '12 Years a Slave,' thinking it would be upsetting. But they said they voted for it anyway because, given the film's social relevance, they felt obligated to do so."

During her Oscars monologue, host Ellen DeGeneres made reference to that kind of thinking with a joke about how the evening might go: "Possibility number one: '12 Years a Slave' wins Best Picture. Possibility number two: You're all racists."

The news that some Oscar voters were not planning to see "12 Years a Slave" came to a head after voting for the awards had closed. During an event hosted by Vanity Fair, publicist Peggy Siegal said she had spoken to voters who were reluctant to give McQueen's film a chance because of its content and subject matter. That was confirmed by one anonymous voter in interview with The Hollywood Reporter. The woman said she didn't watch "12 Years a Slave" because she didn't want "more terrible stuff to keep in my head." Said the voter, who self-identified as a senior: "I have never liked movies that have severe violence." Whether this woman was one of the two anonymous voters polled by the Los Angeles Times is unclear. There are more than 6,000 members in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/05/oscar-voters-12-years-a-slave_n_4904132.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:56 pm

They should be banned from any filmmaking and the academy forever tbh, absolute disgrace.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 am

Hire me as an Oscar voter ffs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:23 am

@El Gunner wrote:Hire me as an Oscar voter ffs.

I am not sure of the process to becoming part of the academy but I believe that telling them via this thread is not part of it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5