Post by Onyx Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Espanyol vs Real Madrid discussion 714Espanyol vs Real Madrid discussion 418

Espanyol vs Real Madrid discussion.

Sunday 12th January.

H2H Past 2 League meetings:

Away: 11th May 2013 - Espanyol 1-1 Real Madrid

Home: 16th December 2012 - Real Madrid 2-2 Espanyol

Injuries/Suspensions:

Espanyol: Sergio Garcia and David Lopez.

Real Madrid: Varane and Khedira.

Espanyol last 3 league results:

Osasuna 1-0 Espanyol
Espanyol 4-2 Valladolid
Almeria 0-0 Espanyol

Espanyol Current league position: 11th.

1. Barcelona - 49 points
2. Atletico Madrid - 49 points
3. Real Madrid - 44 points
4. Athletic Bilbao - 33 points
--------------------------------
11. Espanyol - 22 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goakeepers: Casillas, Diego López and Jesús.
Defenders: Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Carvajal, Arbeloa and Nacho.
Midfielders: Xabi Alonso, Bale, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Morata.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

--------------Diego Lopez
---Carvajal--Pepe---Ramos---Marcelo
-------------Modric--Alonso-
---------Bale----Isco----Ronaldo
---------------Benzema

Ancelotti pre match:

It’s a very important game. We have the chance to pick up more points than Atlético Madrid or Barcelona and we hope to finish the first half of the season with a win. I know that Espanyol are not an easy team to play at their stadium and that they beat Atlético Madrid there. They’re a dangerous team at home”.

“This season we haven’t had many chances to close the gap and tomorrow we can do that. We’ll have to play well, bearing in mind that Espanyol are a dangerous team, especially at home. It’s going to be a tough match and we’ll have to do our best if we want to win”, stated Ancelotti.

The Real Madrid coach was also asked about the importance of Modric in his tactical system: “He’s playing very well. He has improved a lot. He’s showing more personality in his game than at the start of the season and I hope he carries on playing well, with character and intensity”. And as for whether Di María would start the game against Espanyol, he stated: “He’s OK. He might play. It’s a decision that I have to take. There’s no problem with him, he’s fit and mentally he’s fine. He’s happy and tomorrow he might play. Especially as he didn’t play on Wednesday and he’s ready to do so”.

Prediction:

Espanyol 1-2 Real Madrid

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Espanyol vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Espanyol vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Why is Cacktrao not in the squad AGAIN???

Anyways this is going to be a tough game and we will need to be extra efficient if we want the three points. shame we don't have Jese to come off the bench if we struggle to score
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Diego López; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Xabi Alonso; Di María, Bale, Cristiano y Benzema

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Modric  :bow: :bow: :bow: MOM by far.
Ronaldo  :facepalm: 

Our pressing was excellent for 80 minutes it looked like we were the only ones playing with the ball, only time Espanyol got to touch the ball was from Ronaldo's wasted shots.

We kept the ball very good but I still don't get one thing, why not use something that worked before? When Khedira was available we had a balanced midfield, but now Ancelotti is trying something else. We need to play with a deep-lying playmaker(Alonso) a b-2-b and a CM who would act as an attacking midfielder. Also Benzema should drop deeper to an attacking midfielder's place and create chances and space for Ronaldo and Bale. Just like we did when we had Khedira. Now we have to much free space between the attack and the midfield which gives a 'park-the-bus' teams a better chance.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Ronaldo's cone of vision can be as small as... well a cone sometimes, that miss when he could've passed it to Jesse.  :facepalm: I don't if this is worse, or that game a couple of weeks ago when he decided to shoot between two defenders and the keeper right in front of him, when he could've passed to TWO players with 10n1 situations.

He's still one of our best players, if not the best, but sometimes he just makes me want to bump my head on the wall.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:05 pm

i don't see why benzema should drop deep, he is not an attacking midfielder, he is a striker, he is playing a bit better now, he'll waste his talent by dropping deep into midfield cos he's no figo or zidane...ron and bale are wingers, talented ones at that, benzema should not have to create for them....he should stick to his positioning as a striker and if carlo wants someone to create he can add isco, although isco has been poor of late, especially when he holds unto the ball for too long....i think when sami gets back, prolly next season, him modric and alonso can play in a midfield trio, with modric pushing a little further up, but that depends on isco's improvement, cos i don't really fancy modric as an attacking midfielder like that, i prefer him playing central, or what do u guys think?
i am still in no rush to sing our praises yet, as we are yet to beat a solid competitive team...the osasunas, celta vigos, and valencias of this world are not ideal standards of measurements for our players, especially if liga and decima are our goals this season
StrugaRock wrote:Modric  :bow: :bow: :bow: MOM by far.
Ronaldo  :facepalm: 

Our pressing was excellent for 80 minutes it looked like we were the only ones playing with the ball, only time Espanyol got to touch the ball was from Ronaldo's wasted shots.

We kept the ball very good but I still don't get one thing, why not use something that worked before? When Khedira was available we had a balanced midfield, but now Ancelotti is trying something else. We need to play with a deep-lying playmaker(Alonso) a b-2-b and a CM who would act as an attacking midfielder. Also Benzema should drop deeper to an attacking midfielder's place and create chances and space for Ronaldo and Bale. Just like we did when we had Khedira. Now we have to much free space between the attack and the midfield which gives a 'park-the-bus' teams a better chance.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:49 am

I'm not saying that Benzema should act as an attacking midfielder, take it like this, a 'false' false-9, a guy that will drop a bit deeper, taking players with him, creating space, roam into the penalty area to his natural position. Not a false-9 like Messi, but only position wise. It helps the wingers and it helps the midfielders, acting both as an attacking midfielder and as a striker.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 am

Tactical Analysis: Madrid better by a hair v Espanyol

jugster
Prospect
Prospect