MJ
FRANTIC
Chumlum
SamuelJayC
RealGunner
53 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:49 am

not sure he is quite good enough but since he was previously mentioned here is latest video on him

Max Kruse - Borussia Mönchengladbach 2013/14:

8 Goals from43 shots
missed a sitter that proved costly in their last match  albino 

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:49 am

Costa NOT interested in a move to Arsenal or Chelsea, says Atletico director of football

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2529950/Diego-Costa-NOT-interested-Arsenal-Chelsea-says-Atletico-Madrid-director-football.html#ixzz2ogtc0gIR

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:50 am

didnt max join monch last window?, dont see him leaving so soon.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:17 am

Yeah we aren't signing Costa. l never thought we would even if he had a release clause of 5m. He wants to win something with Atletico in Spain.

On to SES.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Everyone has ruled out Costa joining us. Seems like it'll be hard to convince him away. Fee not the issue, given his release clause.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 am

According to Italian paper Secolo XIX, Berlusconi has put Balotelli on the transfer list and is looking to get €25million back for the mercurial striker. PSG, Chelsea and Arsenal supposedly interested.

Not exactly a reliable source but if Wenger can rein his ego in then I don't see why not, perfectly potent striker and capable of providing a different dimension to Giroud.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 am

Wenger (Sept 2009) "In particular I am keeping an eye out for Balotelli, a player I like very much.
"In my view he can be one of the best."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:03 am

PSG Buy him and give us Godinson :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:04 am

MJGunner wrote:Wenger (Sept 2009) "In particular I am keeping an eye out for Balotelli, a player I like very much.
"In my view he can be one of the best."
I think Balotelli leading the line would be amazing with the service he would get his finishing is top class, worried with his attitude although haven't heard him doing anything crazy in Italy though.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:31 am

Stephan El Shaarawy has had an operation on a fractured metatarsal in his right foot. Out for 2-3 months.

Arsenal DNA hmm poor lad Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:32 am

Shame.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 am

I would absolutely love Balotelli to join us, young, talented, and under Wenger he would never be the way he was at City.

The price tag is not bad and the best we can do imo, even if we wait until summer, who is available?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:41 pm

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of Balotelli but for me it's kind of like hypothetically signing Berbatov: not ideal, but in a tight spot (which is where we are with the attack), could be a good acquisition because there's some proven quality.

Because there aren't really any great options available in January, the trick is to find someone good enough to sign for 6-18 months or more, but not someone who will demand so much that it may prevent future big signings up top in the summer or after.

Michael Cox recently wrote about Giroud & the striker problem on ESPN:

The question, however, is what type of player Wenger goes for. Ideally, he would purchase a player capable of leading the line on a regular basis -- big clubs should look to improve their first-choice options, rather than strengthen their reserves. Wenger would want a different style of striker, though, and a quicker and more ruthless player might harm Arsenal’s build-up play and affect the form of midfielders.

So who should Arsenal target? The likes of Suarez and Higuain will not move in January, and nor will players still involved in the European Cup, which rules out the likes of Diego Costa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Robert Lewandowski, for example, without even beginning to consider whether these players would be open to a switch to North London. It’s difficult see where Wenger could find a genuinely top-class striker capable of making an immediate impact at the Emirates.

Even options from within the Premier League seem less promising than last summer. The likes of Christian Benteke and Michu, for example, have dipped in form but would still command a hefty fee. Meanwhile, the terms of Loic Remy’s Newcastle loan probably prevent QPR from selling him mid-season.

There’s no point in Wenger committing to a long-term contract with a type of forward Arsenal don’t really need. An expensive recruit must offer a significant improvement on, or a real stylistic alternative to, Giroud.

Realistically, there are probably two types of options. The first is for Wenger to invest serious money in a reasonably young and extremely talented forward, who will prove useful over a number of years and not just this season.

For example, if the Gunners boss rates someone like Kolbeinn Sigthorsson of Ajax highly, that move would make sense, although it would mean continuing with Giroud as first-choice for the rest of the campaign.

The alternative is a short-term move on a more established centre-forward. If Dimitar Berbatov is unhappy at Fulham, could a six-month loan move make sense for all parties? He’s not the ideal Arsenal striker but would be a superior alternative to Bendtner as a back-up, give Giroud a breather, and allow time for thought about a longer-term purchase in the summer.

Barring a shock move -- an audacious raid for someone like Radamel Falcao or Mario Balotelli -- it seems unlikely Arsenal will truly replace Giroud this January. The key to their chances of winning the Premier League, therefore, is the Frenchman returning to form.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/2408?cc=5901
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Surely there's some way we could buy Remy if we were serious with a bid? Don't think the loaning club would make it impossible to buy the player, probably just more expensive.

Really see Balotelli as the best option of all those mentioned, only question mark is the obvious one, his attitude.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Balotelli would be spectacular!! What else could you want as a striker!!? If he's available and affordable what's there to hesitate?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:56 pm

AC Milan have released a statement denying that Berlusconi said Balotelli was on the market, so forget it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Linked with some 29 year old striker who plays for Laguna.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:16 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif https://i.servimg.com/u/f72/16/79/56/27/calma10.png
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Sam's tweet about Berahino just reminded me:

Watched the West Ham - WBA match today and Berahino was an easy standout, glided around the pitch and had great technique, left the post rattling with a ridiculously curved free kick. I know he's just signed a new contract but he's definitely one for the future and I wonder what it would take to pry him away from West Brom.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:37 pm

As necessary as a forward signing seems, I am preparing myself for nobody to come in during the January window. Or possibly a young central defender (which to me seems very pressing too), but no first team attacking additions. I'm going to try to prevent getting frustrated by it if nothing happens.

That said. We should go for Jovetic at a cut rate. Dude's mainly been sitting bench and keeping the physios busy at City. Offer them £10-15 million and allow them to free up a space in their squad for some overpriced flavor-of-the-month forward in January. Bon Jovi will thrive under Arsenal's stellar track record with regard to injury-prone players, and surely start knocking in goals and providing assists at a crazy rate.

Deal with it.:

(I still like Jovetic as a player but I'm being totally facetious, of course.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am

Couple days ago the Daily Mail (yeah yeah) mentioned Arsenal were planning to go for Michy Batshuayi this January window. This had cropped up before but it was the first time I'd seen the rumor mentioned this month I think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2529389/Gunners-star-Bacary-Sagna-listen-offers-rival-clubs-seeks-longer-deal-pay-rise-Arsene-Wenger-prepares-sign-Belgian-striker-Michy-Batshuayi.html
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:00 am

What are our options for a striker?
Berbatov, £2million.
Pato, £8million
Álvaro Morata, loan.

I would take 2 of above if Bendtner leaves, and Morata and Berbatov would be good edition.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Versatile Morata may be the Real deal to boost Gunners' title run on loan in January

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2530573/Morata-Real-deal-Arsenal-January-boost-title-run.html#ixzz2oyG6JVOt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@GrooverBlog
On CanalPlus, Giroud explains Tiotté's challenge on first half has cuts his boot, sock and foot. Played entire 2nd half with the pain

This is not good, we need to sign.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:59 am

@sourcecentre 14m
Arsenal representatives meeting Diego #Costa representatives tonight. Fee between clubs is agreed. #AFC

Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  Rolling Eyes  Clubber 
 The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 1095326.1149536019632.incoming
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 am

Raptor pls Clubber
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 am

source centre Proud Proud Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 am

Sina wrote:Raptor pls Clubber

I know, there will be way more crazy rumors that will make this one sound reliable in few days. Razz 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next