Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Milan v Atlético Madrid Empty Re: Milan v Atlético Madrid

Post by M99 Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Happy with the draw. Could have been a lot worse.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Don't see why anyone is happy tbh

They are the most consistent Spanish team. I said before that if we draw a Spanish team, it'd be near impossible to progress.

Additionally, everyone is talking as if Atletico is a scrub team. Truth is, they are better than us. Heck, they are happy that they drew us Laughing

Underestimating teams like Atletico is what led us to failure in the past, we musn't underrate them if we want to have a chance (albeit small) to progress
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Read: Could have been a lot worse. I prefer Atletico over Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona and PSG. Every possible team we could have faced is better than us. We need a lot of luck to progress.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Wasn't singling you out, most of the Milan fans on Twitter seem to be celebrating with this draw lol

On the subject of other opposition: I'd prefer Madrid and Dortmund over Atletico tbh, Madrid can be hot or cold, plus they have a leaky defense and somewhat unstable midfield. Dortmund, thrive when the the opposition have the ball, but Milan have a habit of trying to sit back against big teams. The only teams that i think that could be worse are Bayern and PSG, Barcelona are ineligible.

But this is football and anything can happen, of course.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Remember Atletico are rookies. Experience matters a lot in CL. Took Chelsea almost a decade to win it and even Dortmund flopped for two years. Madrid has actually improved and Ronaldo on current form is the best in the world. Atletico has no one like him. Dortmund, remember, their injured players will bek back for R16, they are gonna improve a lot. Atetico are favourites here but hey, in the words of Cena, NEVER GIVE UP.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm

We have the means to qualify , but if we underestimate them and don't play like this is a final , we won't get past them.

Whenever i've watched them this season they were really tough on the field , in everything. What's worse is they can imply all sorts of different tactics and ask different questions on the field , according to the team they face.

They can sit back to great extent with impressive results , they can smash opponents on the counter or erase them with very solid possesion on the ball. They can do a bit of everything and it's destined to be ridiculously hard to qualify if you ask me.

We have to be fully fit and be the underdog during the games. We can't have a repeat of Tottenham again. We will have to be the most silly team on earth to understimate Atletico , especially this season.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 pm

We are the underdogs in this tie, and we are in fact a weaker all around team, especially with our form. Monti won't be starting, which is not a problem since he has been bad this season, and the only reinforcement that is eligible is Rami and he is an unknown quantity at this point.

Also, SES's injury is looking to be a Pato-like pain in the neck for us, and Balo's form can go south at a moment's notice. Our defense is unmentionable in most cases, although Bonera ironically is showing signs of brilliance.

The bottom-line is that we are either going to play our top game, or get out.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 pm

M99 wrote:Remember Atletico are rookies. Experience matters a lot in CL. Took Chelsea almost a decade to win it and even Dortmund flopped for two years. Madrid has actually improved and Ronaldo on current form is the best in the world. Atletico has no one like him. Dortmund, remember, their injured players will bek back for R16, they are gonna improve a lot. Atetico are favourites here but hey, in the words of Cena, NEVER GIVE UP.

I wouldn't call a team who's won 2 European competitions in the last 4 years "Rookie" to be fair. Not to mention they won both super cups that followed them as well.

They are very experienced in Europe. and yes, I believe experience in EL translates to ones in CL.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
M99 wrote:Remember Atletico are rookies. Experience matters a lot in CL. Took Chelsea almost a decade to win it and even Dortmund flopped for two years. Madrid has actually improved and Ronaldo on current form is the best in the world. Atletico has no one like him. Dortmund, remember, their injured players will bek back for R16, they are gonna improve a lot. Atetico are favourites here but hey, in the words of Cena, NEVER GIVE UP.

I wouldn't call a team who's won 2 European competitions in the last 4 years "Rookie" to be fair. Not to mention they won both super cups that followed them as well.

They are very experienced in Europe. and yes, I believe experience in EL translates to ones in CL.

Does it actually though?
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Atletico are a great team and they are the best team in Madrid. They shouldn't be underestimated as they are in great form atm.

However, as far as the draw goes this is the best possible draw we could have gotten. The teams in pot 1 were ridiculous, not saying Atlei isn't a great team, but we definitely stand a chance against them.

Lets do this Afro
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Disagree there. CL is a whole different ball game. Atletico is most likely walking out with a win but hey, I am confident of giving them a fight and with some luck, probably sneak in to the quarter finals.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:44 pm

United and Chelsea both were better possible draws for us tbh. Atleti are a tough team, and could easily rape us if we gave them the slightest of chances.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:01 am

Would've preferred Man U but I'll take Atletico. We've beaten better (ahem Barca 2-0). We'll need a lot of luck and a better second leg though.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 pm

This is gonna be a hell of a tricky tie.. Atletico on current form can easily trump any team but this is the CL, we are Milan and we have european pedigree

A lot of things are definitely gonna change from now till February. Who knows, we could be the form team in europe at that time

If Allegri gets his tactics and team selections right, we can go past atletico.. What I'm most concerned about is how we deal with the absences of Montolivo and Muntari.. I think we should take advantage of the winter transfer window to shore up the midfield with a midfielder with technical qualities.. Getting a back up for Abbiati won't be a bad idea also if Amelia leaves, Gabriel just isn't ready for the Cl

I would have preferred chelsea or Man U but since we have been paired with Atletico, I atleast expect us to put up a fight
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 am

Clarence Seedorf was in the stands to watch Milan’s Champions League opponents Atletico Madrid move top of La Liga.

On from seeing his Rossoneri held to a 1-1 draw on the Saturday evening by Torino, the Gazzetta dello Sport say that Seedorf flew out to the Spanish capital to catch the Sunday evening clash between Atleti and Real Sociedad, for a closer look at Milan’s Champions League Last 16 opponents.

Atleti, who won 4-0 on the night to move to the top of the Primera Division for the first time since 1996, are welcomed to San Siro on February 19 for the first leg of their European knockout tie, before a return match in Spain on March 11.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 am

I have to say, it's not looking bright for us. Atletico are really on fire right now, and we are.. well not so much. I still think we have a chance though. There is still some time to go and if Seedorf can get a solid unit together by then, I think we have a fair shot.

It will be an interesting couple of games to watch though, that is for sure. The much more eye pleasing football we are playing under Clarance combined with the atmosphere of the Champions League and a formidable opponent is something I'm looking forward to.

Will we have El Sharaawy back by the though? I hope so.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am

Il Diavolo wrote:I have to say, it's not looking bright for us. Atletico are really on fire right now, and we are.. well not so much. I still think we have a chance though. There is still some time to go and if Seedorf can get a solid unit together by then, I think we have a fair shot.

It will be an interesting couple of games to watch though, that is for sure. The much more eye pleasing football we are playing under Clarance combined with the atmosphere of the Champions League and a formidable opponent is something I'm looking forward to.

Will we have El Sharaawy back by the though? I hope so.

He is 100% out for the 1st leg. Might be fit for the 2nd leg.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:12 am

We shouldn't rush SES back. We always rushed Pato back, and he got injured as soon as he stepped on the field.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Milan v Atlético Madrid BfkSoYGCAAAJTcg

Goalkeepers: 1. Amelia, 32. Abbiati, 35. Coppola

Defenders: 2. De Sciglio, 5. Mexes, 13. Rami, 17. Zapata, 20. Abate, 25. Bonera, 26. Silvestre, 81. Zaccardo.

Midfielders: 4. Muntari, 14. Birsa, 15. Essien, 16. Poli, 18. Montolivo, 24. Cristante, 28. Emanuelson, 34. De Jong.

Strikers: 7. Robinho, 11. Pazzini, 22. Kakà, 23. Taarabt, 45. Balotelli.

B list:
37. Petagna, 92. El Shaarawy.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:45 am

I think Seedorf will *bleep* this up because he favors attacking football, in San Siro I would attack and try to score 1-2 goals and protect the lead, but in the away game  you have to play bunker I would go :
DeviAngel wrote:
-Balotelli/Pazzini-
-Kaka-
-Constant--------------------- -Muntari-
De Jong- Monto
------MDS------Mexes----Rami-------Abate?---
or :

-Balotelli/Pazzini-
-Kaka-Robinho--
-Muntari--------------------- -Monto-
De Jong-
------MDS------Mexes----Rami-------Abate?---

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:48 am

Montolivo is suspended for two games and Muntari for one Devi, that's why Essien was brought in.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:58 am

dostoevsky wrote:Montolivo is suspended for two games and Muntari for one Devi, that's why Essien was brought in.

Oh I didn't know that sorry, damn my formation would be good against Atletico .. than Change Monto with Essien and add constant to the team :facepalm:in the second formation for the first I have no idea, add Poli ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:12 am

Atletico doesn't play "great attacking" football. They defend with their lives, and give the ball to their forwards and ope for them to do something. They have pride in playing a physical style. We would be better off attacking them like Madrid did yesterday. If it were up to me, I'd play like so.

Of course, De Sciglio will probably be right back, and Urby at the left (only thing I dislike about Seedorf). I have a feeling we should get used to seeing Balotelli on the left wing, cutting in and shooting.

----------------------Abbiati
Abate---------Rami---------------Zapata---------De Sciglio

-----------------Essien----De Jong

-------Kaka----------Taarabt------------Balotelli
----------------------Pazzini

Last edited by Milantildeath on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:14 am

An idea I have is that we should just play MDS at CB until we get a good CB and use Urby at LB and Abate at RB.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next