zigra
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
Red Alert
Robespierre
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you rate Frank De Boer ?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 am

Meh.
Next summer, or the summer after that at the latest, Simeone will also have the opportunity to take over Man United for 30m pounds salary a year.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you rate Frank De Boer ?

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:44 am

Surprised they didn't look at Blanc for example hmm

I don't think De Boer is the right man for the job, too inexperienced for this job.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:59 pm

I wouldn't be overly optimistic if I were Inter fans. De Boer is not the worst coach ever, but he definitely isn't a good one. He stifled the development of a lot of players in his time with Ajax, he has no pragmatism when it comes to coaching (he really only knows how to play one way) and he's very risk averse. He can get his players playing fairly consistently, but his decisions at times are borderline "simple Jack" level. He might be able to get them to a good spot in the league but he's never shown the ability to adapt well to cup competitions.

Red Alert wrote:He's brought back the whole traditions and philosophy back to Ajax, something Martin Jol and managers before him sort of abandoned. He's got them playing that famous Ajax style despite having an inferior team. This is one of the "worst" Ajax sides I've seen in a while, and yet he's kept them up there and has done quite well in Europe too.

Very, very promising manager. Hoping Barcelona don't poach him in the future. :X

lol what in god's name? De Boer is like the opposite of the "traditional Ajax style". He's very much from the van Gaal school moreso than the Cruyff/Michels school.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:02 pm

He is supposed to be announced today.

Agree that Blanc could have been good. Prandelli too. If they had sacked him early they could have gotten Mihajlovic and he could have been the perfect man for the job, I expect his Torino to be very good.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 pm

I think Blanc has high demands after his PSG experience,  he earns so much and he pretends so much tbh.
Prandelli is just a poor man's Mancini now. Even refused from Lazio.
Mihajlovic is really bad for a top club imo Laughing Showed also in Milan ( Milan spent 100 mln under him too ) or even Fiorentina ...He is legit just for a Sampdoria and perhaps Torino. At least we  can keep still the doubt about FDB...About Sinisa no.
Besides , he is an awful human being , I never would have wanted join him under us. Very Happy
I'd have gone on Garcia  ,definitely not a great tactical genius. . But he took Roma from chaos and he gave normality. Pioli was my second choice . De Boer is basically the typical choice made from a foreign property
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Curtinho wrote:I wouldn't be overly optimistic if I were Inter fans. De Boer is not the worst coach ever, but he definitely isn't a good one. He stifled the development of a lot of players in his time with Ajax, he has no pragmatism when it comes to coaching (he really only knows how to play one way) and he's very risk averse. He can get his players playing fairly consistently, but his decisions at times are borderline "simple Jack" level. He might be able to get them to a good spot in the league but he's never shown the ability to adapt well to cup competitions.

Red Alert wrote:He's brought back the whole traditions and philosophy back to Ajax, something Martin Jol and managers before him sort of abandoned. He's got them playing that famous Ajax style despite having an inferior team. This is one of the "worst" Ajax sides I've seen in a while, and yet he's kept them up there and has done quite well in Europe too.

Very, very promising manager. Hoping Barcelona don't poach him in the future. :X

lol what in god's name? De Boer is like the opposite of the "traditional Ajax style". He's very much from the van Gaal school moreso than the Cruyff/Michels school.

Interesting , might him be considered as a " defensive coach " , following the Dutch / Ajax standards ?
It'd be even better for us if he is less "Orange" than we believed it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:46 pm

rincon wrote:Benitez->Leonado->Gasperini->Rainieri->Stramaccioni->Mazzarri->Mancini->De Boer

8 coaches in 6 years.

What Inter need is stability

#JusticeForMazzarri
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:33 pm

This guy doesn't follow any standards, wtf. Only standards de Boer knows is how to play shit and *bleep* up.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:03 pm

This hatred for a man that made you winning even 4 titles in 5 years it worries me much (:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:04 pm

I could win the Eredivisie tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I could win the Eredivisie tbh.

Nah, Steve McClaren is great imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Cold Sad

Justice for Mazarri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Said before that de Boer was extremely lucky that during his first years as our manager there was literally NO competition. He was gifted the league titles. The titles were won with an average of 74 points. We won the title with 71 points in 13/14 ffs. That's barely above 2 points per game rofl
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Ah business as usual, one average coach to another, but i guess change is good and it has always worked for us, right robes ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 pm

zizzle wrote:Ah business as usual, one average coach to another, but i guess change is good and it has always worked for us, right robes ?

Anyway I am sure we'd sacked Mancini within November.
We were in gradual  (and total) involution,  Mancini had lost his team , and continue frictions with the club .he wasn't convinced to stay and infact the separation was basically consensual.  Then I 'd not even signed De Boer too, but the change was unavoidable.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:35 pm

I agree, and it was obvious for a while now. That's why it should've happened 2 months ago when better choices were available.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Last season, the Dutch tactician fielded a 4-2-3-1 system on 17 occasions, in 13 other games he opted for a 4-1-4-1 and a 3-4-3 was also used in four different instances.

Enter the era of 4-1-4-1 Laughing
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:50 pm

zigra wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
He's brought back the whole traditions and philosophy back to Ajax, something Martin Jol and managers before him sort of abandoned. He's got them playing that famous Ajax style despite having an inferior team.

How do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 SuicideHow do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 SuicideHow do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 Suicide

Great manager. Feck me. Only thing great about him is that he finally *bleep* off and long enough it took.

Today I watched us play football. First time in YEARS we've actually played football in a league game instead of this utter BS anti-football from de Boer. Play backwards, play sidepasses. Don't dare to play a forward pass. One up against relegation fodder? Immediately sub any semi-competent attacker in the team for more defenders to hold the lead. THE GLORIOUS AJAX STYLE. You think van Gaal for United was bad? LMAO.
Oh and shock surprise it didn't even work half of the time. But at least we have our GREAT GREAT international performances to look back on. Like going out against Dnipro.... or getting ripped apart by *bleep* SALZBURG. What a lad.
At least he managed to top it all in his last season with us going out in the group stage of the EL and losing the league on the last day against a *bleep* relegated team. A game in which we needed another goal for almost 40 minutes and de Boer decided to take of our top scorer and the in-form winger :bow: LAD :bow: GENIUS :bow:

3 years lad.

You responded to a message 3 years old.

He was great at the start of his tenure. Then abandoned the Ajax way. Laughing

EDIT: Do you think I'm a manc? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Red Alert wrote:
zigra wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
He's brought back the whole traditions and philosophy back to Ajax, something Martin Jol and managers before him sort of abandoned. He's got them playing that famous Ajax style despite having an inferior team.

How do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 SuicideHow do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 SuicideHow do you rate Frank De Boer ?  - Page 2 Suicide

Great manager. Feck me. Only thing great about him is that he finally *bleep* off and long enough it took.

Today I watched us play football. First time in YEARS we've actually played football in a league game instead of this utter BS anti-football from de Boer. Play backwards, play sidepasses. Don't dare to play a forward pass. One up against relegation fodder? Immediately sub any semi-competent attacker in the team for more defenders to hold the lead. THE GLORIOUS AJAX STYLE. You think van Gaal for United was bad? LMAO.
Oh and shock surprise it didn't even work half of the time. But at least we have our GREAT GREAT international performances to look back on. Like going out against Dnipro.... or getting ripped apart by *bleep* SALZBURG. What a lad.
At least he managed to top it all in his last season with us going out in the group stage of the EL and losing the league on the last day against a *bleep* relegated team. A game in which we needed another goal for almost 40 minutes and de Boer decided to take of our top scorer and the in-form winger :bow: LAD :bow: GENIUS :bow:

3 years lad.

You responded to a message 3 years old.

He was great at the start of his tenure. Then abandoned the Ajax way. Laughing

EDIT: Do you think I'm a manc? Laughing

What do you mean with it ? hmm Became more difensive? hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:20 pm

To be fair to Red Alert, and I might be completely off here because I don't watch Ajax, I thought i recalled De Boer being more adventurous early on in his tenure.

Could be wrong tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Wasn't really meant as a response to you @red alert. Only the first line and even that a bit tongue in cheek as I've seen how old your post was (though we were always crap under de Boer and there's no way anyone should've called him a great coach at any point of time).

I just used your post to get a start for a rant I had to get of my chest :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:46 pm

zigra wrote:Wasn't really meant as a response to you @red alert. Only the first line and even that a bit tongue in cheek as I've seen how old your post was (though we were always crap under de Boer and there's no way anyone should've called him a great coach at any point of time).

I just used your post to get a start for a rant I had to get of my chest :coffee:

You're obviously more of a fan / supporter / "proper fan", I really only just watch Ajax but is that still true?

He was great towards the start, and not only stabilized but rejuvenated the club after he took over Martin Jol. He won your first title in what, 5-6 years? and then continued to dominate the Eredivisie for years playing attacking football / nice football. He attracted the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool playing an adventurous style. Plus, you don't win 4 titles in a row being average.

Obviously you have a lot of frustration from what's happened in the past year or so, but let's not re-write history because he was very good when he took over.

Robespierre wrote:
What do you mean with it ? hmm Became more difensive? hmm

To be fair, it could of been he just became disorientated he lost key player after key player every year. But I'm not too sure. I gave up with watching a lot of football when we had Rodgers in charge. So don't really think it's my place to comment as I only catch highlights here and there but from all reports / fan reactions he stopped playing attacking football.

Inter do have a lot of attacking talent (Icardi, Perisic, Jovetic, come straight to mind), so if he can go "back" to playing more free flowing football you should be sweet. Told you Mancini would flop btw. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:24 pm

I don't think we were EVER as good under de Boer as we were in the season before he took over under Jol. We scored more than 100 goals that season and conceded only 20. Obviously we had Suarez and so on that year so it's not just down to the managers but people acting like de Boer took over a crappy team are rewrting history. That team was a lot better than anything I've seen with de Boer in charge.
Of course he won us titles. But as said he was lucky that the other teams just broke off. There were no rival teams. In his first season we scored 34 goals less, conceded 10 goals more and got 12 points less than the year before but we won the title because no other team was competing anymore.

Also we never played attractive. I respected him for winning us titles but I always wanted another manager even back then because it was abysmal to watch.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:47 am

He didn't take over a "crappy" team but come on man, he won your first league in 6 years and then won 4 in a row, something no other Ajax manager has been able to do. No matter how "crappy" the competition is that's no easy feat.

Yeah you scored over 100 goals the season before, but Suarez scored around 35-40 in the league with countless assists, he went absolute beast mode that year.

Well that's fair enough man. I'm obviously speaking from an outsiders POV and respect your decision, but when I watched de Boer towards the start I thought he was a lot more than "abysmal" to watch. You guys went forward. You created space. You attacked as a team. Something I didn't really see under much under Jol, (it was more for Suarez having a free role than anything.)

What do you think of Peter Bosz?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Don't get me wrong, I do have respect for his success. I just don't want to give him too much credit for it because it wasn't just down to his great managerial qualities.
De Boer made us play "solid" football for years. Not good or great, not bad or terrible either (though abysmal to watch). It was enough to win the league 4 years in a row wo you have to give some credit for it. But in the end we all know that had we played the same football the 5 years before de Boer came in, we wouldn't have won a single trophy.
Also you shouldn't forget that for many Ajax fans style is as important as success.
Well whatever.

Not sure about Bosz yet. I like his style or at least the style he wants us to play. Remains to be seen if he can really implement it and keep the team sharp all season. There are many promising signs so far so I'm happy for now.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next