Juventude
Cotes
Tomwin Lannister
pedrosom
DeviAngel
34 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 7 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:20 pm

I've said hundreds of things that I should really copy & paste but I can't be bothered to atm

What I will add is I find it incredibly stupid that we play an extra CB then end up telling one of our 3 CBs to come out from the back and join every attack

Chiellini is seeing way too much of the ball, and he's even making runs into their box from open play...

Why bother playing the extra defender if you're going to ask him to help out in the attack constantly?

It's stupid.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 7 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by Juveman17 Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:37 pm

For the hundredth time, can Conte stop saying "But we were in 7th place X years ago" statement whenever something bad happens to us. That's *bleep* 2 years ago we get it it has nothing to do with the present. He needs to stop making excuses and take the damn blame with the team.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Yeah i'll never defend him when he does that

He acts as though 7th place is our clubs standard position and anything above that is overachieving

Looks like he's using selective memory to forget the 29 scudetti that came prior to those two seasons.

We should be a European force, not just another Galatasaray or Steaua Bucharest who dominate their own league and fail to do f*ck all in Europe in modern times.

We're too big of a club for that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah i'll never defend him when he does that

He acts as though 7th place is our clubs standard position and anything above that is overachieving

Looks like he's using selective memory to forget the 29 scudetti that came prior to those two seasons.

We should be a European force, not just another Galatasaray or Steaua Bucharest who dominate their own league and fail to do f*ck all in Europe in modern times.

We're too big of a club for that.

^^
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Antonio Conte tried to restore Juventus confidence ahead of tomorrow’s game with Sassuolo. “We are not failures.”

The Bianconeri host Sassuolo at 17.30 GMT on Sunday, a change from the scheduled Saturday evening kick-off due to their extended trip to Galatasaray. Click here for a match preview.

The 1-0 defeat under the snow in Istanbul saw them crash out of the Champions League and into the Europa League.

“It is not the first time we have fallen on the field of play. In fact, this season we fell twice in a row against Fiorentina and Real Madrid,” said Conte in his Press conference.

“In two and a half years we fell few times, but we must do well to again get back on our feet.”

The Coach was irritated when asked if going out in the group phase represented a ‘failure’ of the campaign.

“Failure in what? That we didn’t win the Champions League? If our target for the season was to win the Champions League then it’s a failure, but the truth is we could’ve had a longer journey in the tournament.

“I don’t recall us ever saying our objective was the Treble, putting the Champions League first, then the Scudetto and Coppa Italia. If you think that from one day to the next you can create dominant teams, then just remember we already performed a miracle in being protagonists again.

“Last season we went out in the quarter-finals against eventual winners Bayern Munich. We didn’t start strong this year and that damaged our chances, but it takes time. This isn’t the same Champions League I used to play in, as you face teams that are economically difficult to match.

“There’s no point burying your head in the sand. In my view, it’ll be tough to see another Italian side in the Champions League Final for a while, as the clubs have to be rebuilt to make investments. I said that two years ago and I was right.

“I have already explained that we went out because we didn’t really play the last match, but shouldn’t have left ourselves in that position in the first place. What happened in Istanbul was incredible and perhaps destiny sent us a message. I told the lads to understand where we can improve, as the objective is to keep raising the bar and write history.”

Now Juventus face Sassuolo and Conte is expecting another very tough test for his men in Turin.

“It’s important to talk about the present, not the past, and Sassuolo have already earned draws away to two of our closest challengers, Roma and Napoli. We’ve got to be very careful they don’t make it a hat-trick.

“I will field my best XI, knowing there is also a Coppa Italia match next week. We’re without Andrea Pirlo, Mirko Vucinic and Claudio Marchisio, while Sebastian Giovinco got another knock. Kwadwo Asamoah could be a solution in central midfield.”

Conte was reminded that Carlos Tevez failed to score a single Champions League goal.

“I was very happy with his performances and in Turkey he behaved like a real leader. He’s a great buy as a player and in terms of charisma. You can score goals, but if you don’t work well for the team then I’m not happy.”

Seemed like more of dodging the actual question to me in the interview.

Btw its *Allenatore
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Conte saying we never failed in the CL

Provincial, shit attitide. Acting as though it comes down to either winning it or not winning it, yeah Conte. You *bleep* failed, we lost out on big money and we're a laughing stock right now

Can't *bleep* believe him sometimes, thinks he's managing Sienna.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 am

Conte: 'Take nothing for granted'

Antonio Conte insists Juventus “could not take for granted” their 4-0 victory over Sassuolo.

The Bianconeri shook off their Champions League elimination with an eighth straight Serie A win, all achieved with clean sheets.

“These lads are doing extraordinary things, as we won 14 games out of 16 in the League this season,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“Clearly there is disappointment at going out of the Champions League, but this has to give us more determination and motivation, because we were eliminated and did not deserve it.

“Serie A is a long and exhausting process, so you need a lot of intensity week after week. We should’ve been more focused in the second half, but it is great to see an eighth consecutive clean sheet.

“If we continue along this path, then it can only do us good. This win might’ve been taken for granted by some people, but in Serie A you can’t take anything for granted.

“We have turned over a new leaf after Istanbul, as we had to. I always tell the lads to put the past behind them. The elimination was disappointing, especially as we were unable to really play the final game, but we put ourselves in that situation and have to learn from it.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Antonio Conte has released a statement claiming he is ‘disappointed’ by some reports dragging his name back through the mud.

The Calcioscommesse scandal is back in the public consciousness this week after Gennaro Gattuso and Cristian Brocchi were accused of being involved in the betting scam.

The Juventus Coach was banned in 2012 for failing to report an incident when he was involved at Siena.

But the tactician has today fought back by hitting out at salacious news stories.

“Today I have seen with surprise and disappointment that some media have put great emphasis on my name, even in events that have involved other people.

“There is nothing new or relevant from a judicial point of view. I have been judged by the sporting justice system and served a painful suspension.

“I intend to protect myself in future from anyone who wishes to exploit me.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Monaco set for Juve plunder

Ligue 1 side Monaco are said to be planning a Juventus raid in the summer, with head coach Antonio Conte and defender Leonardo Bonucci reported to be on the principality club's wishlist.

Source: Tuttosport
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Pls sell Bonucci

Conte... meh, only if we have a top manager lined up. Would rather he stayed, unless he has a repeat CL disaster season next year.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Pls sell Bonucci

Conte... meh, only if we have a top manager lined up. Would rather he stayed, unless he has a repeat CL disaster season next year.

I am more than sure that our next manager will be Prandelli if conte leaves
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 pm

I dont believe the report but even if its true ,this may tempt Conte.For years he's been complaining about investments.

Blank cheque.Already a quality team entering into European competition next year,seems like ideal conditions for him.

What this will do is it will strengthen his position at the club,but whether we meet those economic demands in terms of strengthening the squad is another question.

That CL money we lost out on would've been quite useful for us in purchasing an additional player or two excluding the usual budget.(For next season).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:31 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

Hopefully not.Not that sold on Prandelli tbh.Inb4 Arq.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:49 pm

S wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Hopefully not.Not that sold on Prandelli tbh.Inb4 Arq.

But you have to give the man credit he took not so quality Italy to finals. What I don't like about him is that he is to stubborn with that 4-3-1-2
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Conte: 'I'd like Italy job'

Juventus Coach Antonio Conte admits he’d love to take the Italy job. “It’s a difficult task, but in future I’d like to do it.”

The Azzurri bench is up for grabs after the 2014 World Cup, as Cesare Prandelli is widely expected to step down.

“It would be a great challenge, because as a Coach you have to do everything in a very short space of time,” Conte told the official club magazine Hurrà Juventus.

“You often have only 10 days to put your mark on the squad and express your idea of football. It’s a difficult task, but in future I’d like to do it.

“A modern Coach has to be a fine psychologist. He has a daily rapport with 27-28 players, the medical staff, the directors, the fans and the media. Each time it requires a different strategy.

“Above all I am interested in adopting the right tactic with my players. They are each different, as some need to be woken up harshly to provoke the right reaction, while others just need a kind word to ensure they don’t collapse definitively.

“If I were to choose a game to watch, it’d be a Bayern Munich match. I admire Pep Guardiola a great deal.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:01 am

I hope conte doesn't leave!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:40 am

Agnelli wrote:“I’m very happy with Conte and he is very happy with me and Juventus,” Agnelli told Tuttosport on Tuesday. “I don’t see a Juventus without Conte.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:43 pm

I hope Conte will become our Ferguson, id be really disapointed if he moved to an oil club just for more money.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Conte is World Coach of the Year

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has been named Coach of the Year at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.

The Italian beat Rafa Benitez of Napoli and Borussia Dortmund’s Jurgen Klopp to the title at the eighth Dubai International Sports Conference.

“This honour fills me with pride and I above all thank my players for helping me achieve this award,” declared Conte. “If I won this trophy then the credit is to be split with my lads, without doubt.

“Will I get the FIFA Coach of the Year award? There’s a very long way to go, as you need to win international trophies, for example as Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho did.

“Therefore let’s roll up our sleeves and in 2014 take the Europa League, whose Final will be played at the Juventus Stadium. Then, next season, we resume our march on the Champions League.

“The elimination in Istanbul still stings, but we couldn’t really play football that day against Galatasaray. This term we want to win it all, a third Scudetto in a row and the Coppa Italia too. It’d be a record, as we could be the first side to win 10 editions of the Coppa.”

Conte was at the Dubai event with Russia manager Fabio Capello and Bayern Munich Coach Guardiola.

“I am around two years older than Guardiola, but he was a reference point for me in the style of football he gave to Barcelona. I studied the tactical evolution and new style of Pep’s football, as he was an innovator.

“I was not a very technically gifted player, so I always based my career on hard work and sacrifice, often talking to my Coaches to understand what they wanted,” explained Conte.

“I worked with the most winning tacticians, apart from Capello. This helped me in my career.

“The secret to creating a winning group is to have a strong club behind you and quality players, then of course an idea of football for them to work on.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Monaco to tempt Conte - report

Monaco are keeping tabs on Antonio Conte, with the Juventus man potentially leaving Turin in the summer.

The Coach told Gazzetta dello Sport this morning that he was not thinking about his future at the Bianconeri.

And as such, the rumour-mill has gone into overdrive with Corriere dello Sport suggesting that the French side will try and bring in the tactician at the end of the season.

If that was the case, the sports daily insists that the Old Lady will approach Cesare Prandelli to take over.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Conte: I want to win it all

Antonio Conte has admitted that he is still reeling from Juventus’ Champions League exit earlier this month.

The Bianconeri finished third in their group after they lost the crucial match against Galatasaray – thanks in part to a water-logged pitch.

And the Coach has conceded that it still ‘hurts’, but wants his side to fully embrace the challenge of the Europa League.

“It hurts to think about how we went out of the Champions League,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I can’t be satisfied with my players, but now we have three goals for the remainder of the season – the Scudetto, the Coppa Italia and the Europa League.

“We have to go into every competition thinking we are going to win it.

“The Europa League is a fierce tournament. The teams in it are all of a level. Many team will strengthen, so it’s going to be tough.”

Conte then commented on where he sees himself in a year’s time.

“In my mind there is nothing. I am just worrying about whether the team are giving their best.

“Anyway, my future should be the last thing on the minds of the Juventus fans. A Coach is like a tailor, he has to adapt his ideas to the players at his disposal.

“When I arrived here, I used a very offensive 4-2-4 with wingers – then I changed with Pirlo. And I did that for the good of the club.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Dirty filthy Russians want his head at Monaco...
CONTE, IO CON TE!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Will hr be banned again?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:35 am

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Conte: 'Roma pub talk provocation'

Antonio Conte hit back at Francesco Totti’s “pub talk provocation” and said Juventus will “respond on the pitch” to Roma.

There are five points separating the sides at the top of the Serie A table and they go head-to-head on Sunday at 19.45 GMT. Click here for a match preview.

Roma captain Totti and midfielder Daniele De Rossi stoked the flames this week by suggesting their team was “better” than Juve.

“When there is pub talk provocation, you have to take it as a joke and relax,” said Conte in his Press conference.

“I don’t want to respond to Totti and De Rossi’s comments, as I am accustomed to responding on the pitch. In the last two and a half years we gave a very clear response on the pitch, so...

“It seems to me that in Italy the controversy in the papers has more importance than what happens in a match situation. Instead, words are swept away on the air and facts are all that matter.”

Some have compared Rudi Garcia’s unbeaten Roma to the first year of Conte’s Juventus, rising from previous disastrous campaigns.

“They are similar journeys, as they started three years ago with Luis Enrique and during this period we won two Scudetti and two Super Cups.

“There were probably some mistakes on the market and in choosing certain men, but Roma invested more than anyone. We have been winning for three years with no mistakes and I think that is being ignored. It might seem easy, but our work has been extraordinary.

“I spoke to Garcia when we were here for the Super Cup and immediately realised this is a smart person aware of the work he had to do. He settled into a difficult atmosphere, but was fortunate to find himself at a club coming off two bad seasons – a bit like what happened to me.

“Roma’s main strength is their belief. They are still unbeaten and can go the whole season like that. We too had stronger sides facing us in 2010, so it’ll be our job to keep them behind us, well aware other teams like Napoli are ready to dive in.”

Andrea Pirlo is ready for his comeback after five weeks out, while Carlos Tevez returned late from Argentina due to a family problem and Andrea Barzagli limped off during a friendly this week.

“I have three doubts: Barzagli, Tevez and Pirlo. I will make my decision, but without fear, aware that I have a squad I can always count on.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 am

Conte IFFHS’ eighth best Coach

Antonio Conte has been ranked as world football’s joint eighth best tactician, by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.

The IFFHS have today released their selection for the game’s best Coaches in the game, based on performance and work carried out during the 12 months of 2013.

Compiling votes from ‘editorial offices and experts from 70 countries’, the IFFHS have placed Bayern’s treble-winning Coach Jupp Heyncke top of the list, with a comfortable lead over competitors too.

Whilst Juventus only placed 19th in the organisation’s club world ranking, their Coach has made the top 10 list here, placing joint eighth with Benfica’s Jorge Jesus, after picking up three points.

IFFHS 2013 best club Coach

1. Jupp HEYNCKES (FC Bayern München), 216 points

2. Jürgen KLOPP (Borussia Dortmund), 101 points

3. Diego SIMEONE (Club Atlético de Madrid), 61 points

4. Alex FERGUSON (Manchester United), 33 points

5. Josep GUARDIOLA (FC Bayern München), 30 points

6. Arsène WENGER (Arsenal), 29 points

7. José MOURINHO (Real Madrid/Chelsea), 10 points

8. Antonio CONTE (Juventus), 3 points

= Jorge JESUS (Benfica), 3 points
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next