futbol
free_cat
Khaled
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FC Barcelona - Celtic | Champions League Group H | Wed Dec 11th, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Celtic | Champions League Group H | Wed Dec 11th, 2013

Post by futbol Wed 11 Dec - 10:24

lol, first time in a while where I can say I actually agree with my discussion partner. jibbers. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - Celtic | Champions League Group H | Wed Dec 11th, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Celtic | Champions League Group H | Wed Dec 11th, 2013

Post by jibers Wed 11 Dec - 10:27

futbol wrote:lol, first time in a while where I can say I actually agree with my discussion partner. jibbers. Proud

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 11 Dec - 10:31

jibers wrote:Basically Pep always wanted them to draw opposition towards them and release the ball as late as they could so it was harder for the opposition to recover.

This is a very good point by the way because you can clearly see that in Iniesta's game under Martino now. Martino wants him to release the ball quickly so we can play quicker transitions when needed. Fabregas does that very well because that's how he always played anyway. Iniesta though still plays in Pepcelona mode, takes the ball and holds on to it to drag defenders to him when releasing the ball quickly for runners would be the better option. The main reason why Fabregas is arguably our most in-form midfielder right now and Iniesta the least in-form.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 11 Dec - 10:48

As for the game:

Barcelona line-up (official): Pinto - Montoya Pique Mascherano Adriano - Xavi Busquets SergiRoberto - Pedro Neymar Alexis

Sergi. :bow:

We will get raped at corners with Mascherano in the side. :bow:

Last edited by futbol on Wed 11 Dec - 10:49; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed 11 Dec - 10:49

futbol wrote:
jibers wrote:Basically Pep always wanted them to draw opposition towards them and release the ball as late as they could so it was harder for the opposition to recover.

This is a very good point by the way because you can clearly see that in Iniesta's game under Martino now. Martino wants him to release the ball quickly so we can play quicker transitions when needed. Fabregas does that very well because that's how he always played anyway. Iniesta though still plays in Pepcelona mode, takes the ball and holds on to it to drag defenders to him when releasing the ball quickly for runners would be the better option. The main reason why Fabregas is arguably our most in-form midfielder right now and Iniesta the least in-form.

Exactly. Same thing with Xavi. There are times when either could release a player but they do little pelopinas and pass backwards sideways.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 11 Dec - 11:15

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sampaoli is also a disciple and admirer of Bielsa Laughing
He has surpassed his master.
You ready to say that based on the 10 or so games he's had Chile for? I'm a fan of his since his U de Chile days and would love to see him at River, but I think you're overhyping him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 11 Dec - 12:34

Now this is more like it! No reason as to why Neymar shouldn't be the automatic first choice to play as the CF when Messi is out. It's like night and day between when Neymar and Cesc play there. Surely Tata must also see this
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 11 Dec - 12:36

What a game. Pepcelona would be proud. :bow: DAT tiki-Tata. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 11 Dec - 12:38

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sampaoli is also a disciple and admirer of Bielsa Laughing
He has surpassed his master.
You ready to say that based on the 10 or so games he's had Chile for? I'm a fan of his since his U de Chile days and would love to see him at River, but I think you're overhyping him.
I wasn't 100% serious, but I admire the way his Chile plays and I think he'll do well in the future. Had it not been for Chile's World Cup group I would have tipped him to become a bigger legend than Loco in Chile.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 11 Dec - 12:56

I'm not sure anyone will become bigger than Bielsa in Chile because he is the one that started the mentality shift, the rest are continuing on his work. But obviously a good WC might change that.

Nerman with a beautiful one touch football goal. :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 11 Dec - 13:01

Is this Forster the same one that GOATed against us last season? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 11 Dec - 13:03

Golazo de Neymar. He's so good at doing the ball rolling with his feet. Very similar to Thiago's signature dribble.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 11 Dec - 13:17

Having said that, he screwed up two goals by being very selfish.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed 11 Dec - 13:39

I would say that Sampaoli has to win the WC for him to be considered better than Bielsa by the fans, which won't happen..

Great game by Neymar!!

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 11 Dec - 13:41

Nerman was great and its good for his confidence that he scored a hat trick today, we got Villarreal on Sat. For all the complaining people do on Xavi. I don't seem to understand why Martino didn't replace early in the second half.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 11 Dec - 13:48

It also helped Neymar to be rested for a full week finally, he was being overused
glad to see him scoring more then one goal a game Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 11 Dec - 14:38

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbPQYlTCIAAMBcS.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 11 Dec - 14:40

lmao.. so long as he keeps scoring like he does i don't care what he wears.
the nutmeg on the third goal though :bow:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed 11 Dec - 15:09

Finally Neymar!!!!

great game by the whole team. Now win the games against Villareal and Getafe.... with Messi back next month everything should be fine....
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 11 Dec - 15:28

Very good game, we played well and I liked that we transitioned fast vs a team that kinda parked the bus.

Now Tata just needs to prove we can play from the back vs. a team that pressures us and play players not based on status. So far he hasn't (Mascherano over Bartra - in the stands - today again, Roberto only played because there wasn't any other option...).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 11 Dec - 15:47

Song was an option Free... I think his starting Sergi is worthy of note. I do agree with Masche. I think/hope that Martino sees Bartra more in the Pique mold and perhaps he is not quite ready to bench Pique for him. When Bartra plays alongside Puyol this is the role he has been good at. But it might be favoritism.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 11 Dec - 18:24

Have only watched the first half so far, will watch the second by the end of tonight probably.

I was busy so I told myself I'll watch the first 10 minutes, ended up loving watching the game too much and stayed for the whole of the first half. Would have stayed for the second but had other commitments. Football being played was fantastic Thumbs up

Celtic looked terrible though. Hell they were even bad at clearing the ball. Loved the Alexis chip to Montoya for the third goal, very Iniesta-like. He's really come into his own this year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 12 Dec - 0:53

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Song was an option Free... I think his starting Sergi is worthy of note. I do agree with Masche. I think/hope that Martino sees Bartra more in the Pique mold and perhaps he is not quite ready to bench Pique for him. When Bartra plays alongside Puyol this is the role he has been good at. But it might be favoritism.

Bartra has been fantastic when playing with Pique too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3