Nedved
Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Thread

Post by Blue Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:21 am

I really like PVA and Bertrand a lot i think both should fight it out next season. As good as talent Shaw is, i don't think he is better then either of those LBs atm.

PVA has really done better defensively, and i don't think Shaw can come close to what PVA can offer attacking wise.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Thread

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:52 am

Blue wrote:I really like PVA and Bertrand a lot i think both should fight it out next season. As good as talent Shaw is, i don't think he is better then either of those LBs atm.

PVA has really done better defensively, and i don't think Shaw can come close to what PVA can offer attacking wise.

Shaw is planets ahead of those two in both attack and defence and also has a wayyyy higher ceiling. I don't think you've actually watched him play.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Shaw is much better than Either LB we have. A must sign.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:05 am

Luke Shaw tells friends he wants Chelsea move:
Luke Shaw has set his heart on joining his boyhood heroes Chelsea, he has told friends
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454645/Saints-star-Luke-Shaw-tells-friends-he-wants-30m-Chelsea-move

Ah yes, was wondering when the obligatory "friends/people close to the player say..." story would be coming out. And whudda yeh know, here she blows.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:18 am

Come home Luke! Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 am

If we somehow manage to wrap up either of Shaw/Zouma I would be delighted with this January window. Even if it meant Zouma being loaned till the end of the season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 am

Zouma to apparently sign this week for 11 million.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Sounds good to me Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:58 pm

French youngster Kurt Zouma set to complete £11million Chelsea move:
Chelsea will look to seal a deal for St Etienne’s highly-rated defender Kurt Zouma this week
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454789/French-youngster-Kurt-Zouma-set-to-complete-11m-Chelsea-move
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Odds slashed on Luke Shaw joining Chelsea:
The odds on Southampton starlet Luke Shaw joining Chelsea have been slashed to evens
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/20/chelsea-set-to-seal-luke-shaw-deal-after-odds-slashed-on-january-transfer-4270724/

Still can't see it happening in this window, unfortunately.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:11 am

No, I think it'll happen in the Summer. Zouma will be the only possible for this Jan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 am

Shed wrote:Odds slashed on Luke Shaw joining Chelsea:
The odds on Southampton starlet Luke Shaw joining Chelsea have been slashed to evens
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/20/chelsea-set-to-seal-luke-shaw-deal-after-odds-slashed-on-january-transfer-4270724/

He only renewed a 5 year contract last season didn't he?

Don't see it happening this window but i'd be fairly confident we'll get him sometime in the future, I don't see him moving out of England and he's a fan of Chelsea.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:42 am

lszanto wrote:
Shed wrote:Odds slashed on Luke Shaw joining Chelsea:

He only renewed a 5 year contract last season didn't he?

Yes he did.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:13 am

Times reporting Real are in for Shrek.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 am

Why does Mourinho want him so much? Drogba wasn't an unknown when he joined us from Marsille but Mourinho certainly helped "make" him. I don't get why Mourinho doesn't go after somebody more attainable.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 am

It seems an obsession. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him here, but there are cheaper, younger players out there. This infatuation is bemusing.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 am

Yeah 100%, the other thing is if the team is going to be built around Hazard maybe we get a striker better at holding up play that allows Hazard/Willian to bomb forward and become the main scorers? There's not many good strikers that are available so I don't see why we don't try something different.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:02 pm

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 26 Tumblr_mztjl0xYFW1ruhh4yo1_500

Switching Mata for Salah? My God what are we doing :facepalm:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Bid of £40 million on Mata through a Third Party. Speculation is it is Man United, but we are not sure yet.  

My wicked mind says Mou will toy with Moyes till the last day only to reject the bid and make him lose face and sell Mata to PSG/Loan to Atheltico  Twisted Evil

As for Sala - Looks like chelsea are hijacking L'pools depth. Decent player. Replacement is not the word. Reinforcement it is.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:19 pm

TBH, Mata's replacement is Oscar. Schurrle is depth but we need a fifth, I was thinking about it, Shame we don't have KDB......

No Salah means Basel are less of a threat.

TBH, we sell Mata, we'll have enough money for Salah, Zouma and Shaw, basically.

That fixes so many problems, long and short term. Leaves CF for summer and gives us good depth.

I am skeptical about Salah though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm

KDB would have made zero difference. We have one #10 in the squad. Need to replace Mata with another. Winger De Bruyne would have been redundant. Which is also why this Salah stuff is idiocy.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 pm

WTF, KDB can play as a 10. Laughing

Also, Willian and Hazard can play there. Not to mention, if Oscar is out, we can always play 4-3-3:

Cech
Defence
Matic/Mikel
Ramires Lampard/Matic
Willian Crap Hazard

Honestly, if it was up to me, I've be putting that 40m to Rues, Vidal or Pogba.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Or Gundogan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 pm

The last 2 January transfer windows have been nothing short of a trainwreck by us. Last year we sold our best striker to a team now on the up (due in no small part to his very contribution), and this year we're selling one of the best players in the league to our chief title rival of the last decade.

God almighty The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 26 Pvqfn
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 pm

I agree with everything you said. Selling Mata is fine, but Man U no way.

I hope you are wrong about Salah , just like you were about Willian Wink. Heard good things about him and we all saw what he did against us. His play on the right (similar to a inverted winger) with pace is considered his strength with good decision making and above all clinical shooting. I think we will have a good player on our hands if we sign him.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Salah is close to Liverpool, may sign by tomorrow. Hopefully he does and we look elsewhere. (Rues)
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next