Forza
Kaladin
Zlatan
IrasMaldinista
dostoevsky
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

"I Want My Elephant": Catania Calcio vs AC Milan Empty "I Want My Elephant": Catania Calcio vs AC Milan

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:48 am

The squads as called by each coach.

Catania: Andujar, Ficara, Frison, Alvarez, Biraghi, Cabalceta, Capuano, Gyomber, Legrottaglie, Monzon, Peruzzi, Rolin, Spolli, Barrientos, Castro, Freire, Guarente, Plasil, Tachtsidis, Keko, Leto, Lopez, Petkovic.

Milan: Coppola, Gabriel, Ferrari (n.61) Bonera, Constant, Silvestre, Vergara, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kakà, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Saponara, Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri, Niang.

Allegri: "We’re aware that we will be facing a tough side, but so are we. We need to look at the facts and work hard to obtain results that will enable us to climb the table. In comparison to the Champions League where we need one point to qualify, we need to get back on track. We need to continue working hard and get back to winning ways. Away from home we haven’t won this season but we need to change that. I’m disappointed to have not had a full squad available to me. It’s also a motivational issue within the group. Even with our injuries we’ve been unlucky. Our back line tomorrow will be made up of Poli, Bonera, Silvestre and Emanuelson. That’s what we have. Mexes is unfortunately out with something that is difficult to imagine. Luckily we’ve got El Shaarawy back. He is motivated to show his worth. De Sciglio will also be back soon, but his knee is causing him problems. The squad are doing well physically, despite the injuries. Tomorrow we face a tough match because Catania are strong at home. We need to play a strong match and win, because Catania have won all their points that they have this season at home."

We enter this game without a single first choice player in our back five, however Gabriel has shown promise in his few games even if he has had little luck thus far. Poli is a hard working option on the right flank however his insertion into an already weakened backline is a worry as we lack height across the entire back four against a team that has troubled us continually at set pieces. This being said, Catania no longer can rely upon the services of the excellent Lodi and after a strong defensive performance against Celtic have shown that this team possesses the reserves of concentration necessary to secure a clean sheet. Having finally secured our first away win of the season it is time to build momentum.

A Christmas tree formation, as in Scotland, is expected, though given the need to compensate for injuries and suspensions we shall be fielding seven midfielders within it. Having finally scored after a dry spell, we shall hopefully see a reborn Balotelli in Serie A, particularly given the encouraging partnership he has begun to strike up with Kaka. Finally, from the bench, El Shaarawy returns to the squad after his prolonged injury lay-off and I consider it likely that we shall see his return, though I do not imagine Allegri will burden him with more than 15 minutes worth of exertion as he seeks to regain fitness and rhythm.

Predicted Line-up:

Gabriel
Poli---Bonera---Silvestre---Emanuelson
Montolivo---De Jong---Nocerino
Birsa---Kaka
Balotelli

This is an important game in terms of momentum and confidence, however given that all that would seem to lie before us is a potential Europa League place I am more concerned with the nature of our performance and our style than a result, particularly given the back line we are compelled to field. Victory however is a good habit and it should be within our grasp against a team that has also under performed significantly this year, even after replacing Maran.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

"I Want My Elephant": Catania Calcio vs AC Milan Empty Re: "I Want My Elephant": Catania Calcio vs AC Milan

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:08 am

This could be a chance for Cristante to show what he's made of in absence of Sulley, but damn, Nocerino is 28 and preferred to him by Allegri any day.

This Xmas tree formation is surely an interesting one, though I suppose it's a given that Birsa will constantly have to be checking the sideline from 60th minute onwards to be hooked in favor of El Shaa, therewith we would see a 4-3-3 implemented by Max.

Milan still have a shot at 3rd place if we start an identical run to that of early 2013 immediately. I believe Honda and Rami will only help in that regard.

Eyes and hopes, as was the case throughout the last decade, will be on Talismanic Ricky Kaka to drag this shambolic mess of a team to a victory on his own. I know he can deliver.

Let's go for a modest 1-0, right? I, for one, would bet on that.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

"I Want My Elephant": Catania Calcio vs AC Milan Empty Re: "I Want My Elephant": Catania Calcio vs AC Milan

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:44 am

I would love to see Cristante feature as you mentioned, however I fear that even from the bench there is no guarantee that we shall not see Constant preferred, an option Allegri has been exploring in training since Emanuelson seemingly displaced The Nose as De Sciglio's back-up. More likely perhaps is that any tactical alterations in central midfield will be to switch to the 4-2-3-1 in which case we might at least see Saponara arrive on the field.

If Catania do line-up in their expected 3-5-2 then stretching their backl ine and playing at a high tempo in the final third to rob Catania of the time to organise themselves defensively will be absolutely essential. Emanuelson has proven himself a willing runner down the left, however he has consistently lacked quality in possession, whether through a poor cross, ill made decision or a futile attempt on goal. Nevertheless, a tireless presence providing width will be invaluable, particularly if Poli is instructed to be less aggressive due to his relative lack of recovery pace in the fullback position.

Whilst I am not the sort to rule out our chances of recovering our season until they are well and truly dead, I feel that at this point, discussion of our place in the ladder and our goals relative to this is counter-productive and is placing increased pressure on the team. This Milan team has forgotten the basics and particularly mentally teams approach us from an equal platform despite the talent deficit that exists for the majority of teams in the league. As long as I see every player on this team begin to fight for their teammates again, taking each week as it comes, I'll be content with what we manage to produce as the spoils of the season, be it the development of a pronounced style, the development of our youth or an unlikely finish in the table.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:25 am

In Kaka we trust.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:02 am

Official line-ups have been released.

Catania: Andujar; Peruzzi, Spolli, Rolin, Biraghi; Plasil, Tachtsidis, Monzon; Barrientos, Maxi Lopez, Castro

Catania bench: Ficara, Frison, Alvarez, Cabalceta, Capuano, Gyomber, Keko, Legrottaglie, Freire, Guarente, Leto, Petkovic

Milan: Gabriel; Poli, Bonera, Silvestre, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; Birsa, Kaka; Balotelli

Milan bench: Coppola, Ferrari, Constant, Vergara, Cristante, Saponara, El Shaarawy, Matri, Niang
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 am

1-2 Milan (Birsex, Kaka)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 am

One thing i want to add is that Bonera was fantastic last match, did not expect him to return from injury and play like that. If he can keep it up then i hope to see him partner Mexes in defence
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:42 am

what a tackle from monty
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:43 am

I don't even know what to say
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:46 am

Ho Lee Schitt

If Nocerino managed to finished that only. Great delivery from Monty
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:50 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

MONTOOOFCKKIINGLIIVOOOOOOOOOOOO <33

WHAT A PASS FROM THE DUTCH MARCELO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:53 am

Capitano Proud

Fantastic match from him thus far, fully deserved goal from us. We've been living dangerously thus far with some of our passing however. Understandably dominating possession which I'm certain we'll turn into goals as the game progresses but we can't allow Catania so many opportunities on the counter.

Beautiful play as I write this, Balotelli only prevented a goal by an excellent tackle.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:55 am

why no chat open?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 am

that goal we conceded was so unlucky
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 pm

There seems to be some heat between a Catania player and the physios
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:01 pm

No admins are online to open it, I am merely a humble mod.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:02 pm

yellow for silvestre
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 pm

is Abbiati injured or has Gabriel taken his spot officially?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Abbiati is unavailable through injury, I'm not sure how serious it is though.

Someone needs to make a gif of Gabriel's dribble in the box early in the game by the way.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Oh shiiiit Gabby looks injured
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

well done by gabs there, off the line quick
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:12 pm

we're actually playing alright
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Just came back from work and the score is 1-1..

How have we been doing?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Dominant in possession however good chances have been irregular. Catania have looked dangerous on the counter and our defence has already picked up two bookings thanks to this. Regardless we're probably closer to scoring, we could have been quite close a few times had the ball fallen more kindly for us in the box. The lack of speed on the right has been apparent however Poli, Montolivo and Birsa have been able to combine intelligently to break down Catania nevertheless at times but Catania have been able to get sufficient numbers in the box to suffocate any simply attempts on goal.

Montolivo and De Jong have been our best performers of the half, Balotelli has been quite isolated thus far, we need to get him on the ball more often rather than simply using him as an off the ball runner.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:27 pm

reasonably, better than v Chievo
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next