halamadrid2
Yeezus
14 posters

Go down

Galliani says "I'm Outty" Empty Galliani says "I'm Outty"

Post by Yeezus Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Source: ESPN

----
In an announcement to Italy's ANSA news agency, Galliani said he will be tendering his resignation "in the next few days" and that he will leave the club "whether we reach an agreement on a pay-off settlement or not."

Galliani -- whose position has been in doubt ever since board member Barbara Berlusconi spoke to her father and club president Silvio Berlusconi about restructuring of the club -- has already delivered a parting shot before officially leaving the club he has served since 1986.

"I've suffered grave damage to my person," Galliani said. "This is not the way to deal with a generation change. It should be done with elegance. I will be resigning with just cause in the coming days, or maybe I will wait until after the Champions League game with Ajax [on Dec. 11]."

Galliani has been one of the figureheads of Milan for almost three decades. Along with Berlusconi, he has presided over five Champions League triumphs and eight Serie A titles.

However, he has been made partly responsible for the club's current woes. The Rossoneri are now in their worst league position at this stage of a season since 1981, with the club closer to the relegation zone than a place in Europe next season.

That has caused some consternation at board level with Barbara Berlusconi recently declaring her intention of overhauling the club hastening Galliani's exit.

In spite of support from current Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti, who delivered two of those Champions League trophies and said Milan would not be the same without Galliani, it appears the Serie A club's recent move to new headquarters was only the first step towards a revolution. Galliani's departure is the second.

Nevertheless, he says he will leave with his head held high having delivered success to the club that prides itself on having won more trophies than any other in the world.

"It's been said that Milan spend their money badly and we don't have a scouting network like Roma and Fiorentina," Galliani is quoted as saying by the Gazzetta dello Sport. "Well, Roma only qualified for the Champions League once in the past five years while Fiorentina didn't make it once.

"Milan have not made a loss in the past two years while other clubs have mountains of debt. Last year, all of our youth teams made it to the final four. Big presidents from abroad are all calling me, asking me what is going on because they cannot understand it.

"I went to Madrid this summer to sign Kaka without any appointment and they threw open the doors to the offices of Real for me. When I went to Barcelona in August 2010 to sign [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic, president [Sandro] Rosell cut short his family holidays on purpose to greet me."

Despite the sense of bitterness at his exit, Galliani insists he will continue to support the club, whatever his future.

"Stepping down before the Ajax game seemed too hostile an act towards the team, who I will support for the rest of my life," said the 69-year-old. "My affection for the president Berlusconi is unchanged and unchangeable."
--------------

Sayonara, Real Milan legend.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Galliani says "I'm Outty" Empty Re: Galliani says "I'm Outty"

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

I wonder what the next change is hmm

Berlusconi selling up would be a start
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see Galliani go to PSG tbh... they're looking around for a Sporting Director.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Galliani go to PSG tbh... they're looking around for a Sporting Director.
Galliani: "I won't accept any offers from anyone now."
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:02 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Galliani go to PSG tbh... they're looking around for a Sporting Director.
Galliani: "I won't accept any offers from anyone now."
The exact quote is: "For the moment, i will not accept offers from anyone." Basically, he wants to go on vacation imo. In about 4-5 months, he'll be back in the game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Still, i think he's going to work for Berlu to some capacity or so i've read. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to PSG later on though
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Iiiinteresting. Someone is going to have a big pair of shoes to fill.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:44 pm

It was expected , but it's still difficult to realise , for a fan. I hope it turns out for the best of Milan , but like Art said , someone is going to have a big pair of shoes to fill. Legendary figure for Milan , despite his mistakes in recent years , he has done phenomenal work for the majority of his career at Milan .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Barbra Berlusconi is like Milan's Cerci Lannister right now lol

Heard she might bring in Maldini to replace Galliani, any truth to that?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Galliani did too much at Milan. He was vice president , he was ceo , he did almost all the transfers and kept an eye on the team everyday and planned the course of the team for years and years.

If Maldini joins , which is speculation for the moment , won't be doing all of this , but part of Galliani's work at Milan. There's no way we will find someone to be what Galliani was . We will obviously get a new CEO though. Milan is restructuring atm , so it's a bit unclear what exactly is going to happen , but a lot of new people are expected to join the club.

One of Galliani's biggest mistakes has always been his neglect for Maldini , for reasons that aren't clear to the majority. We need Maldini to work again for Milan , but i think it will be something closer to the team , but who knows what Lady B intends to do. There must be big plans though , new headquarters , serious talk about new stadium , change in sporting policies and directional replacements..

it's a very important season for Milan , but if Maldini is one of the people who are joining the club , it will ease the situation a lot. Milan closes a huge chapter with Galliani and to open up a new one , we need the right people and Maldini should be one of those
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:23 pm

I think we'll see him........ At Parliament
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:Iiiinteresting. Someone is going to have a big pair of shoes to fill.
And that someone is Maldini.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

I think the way Milan handled this whole episode was rash and disgraceful. Galliani have been getting all the pressure from Berlu's mistakes, and now Berlu's daughter is making him as an escape goat.

What the man says about Milan turning a profit while other teams fiscally crumble is the reason Milan are not as good as they should be. However, that is best for the future of the team as it was for Arsenal. Also, our youth teams are showing encouraging signs, and the biggest problems of this season were injury problems.

Whomever replaces this giant won't be able to command the same job as him. He was basically a three in one transfer guru, and is frankly the reason Milan assembled those great teams even if it was Berlu's money.

What is is in reality is the loyal servant paying for the egotistical follies of the baron Berlusconi. All of Galliani's faults were acting as a buffer for the inflated balloon.

Well, grazie Galliani. Grazie for all the good times. Few CEO in this game were as passionate about their teams as you are, and I can't see anyone replacing you with the same type of unhinged passion you bring to the job.

Molenation Molenation Molenation
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 pm

I can already see this legend at Inter :bow:
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:53 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:I can already see this legend at Inter :bow:
lol I prefer seeing Schelotto as our captain than Galliani to Inter !
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 am

chinomaster182 wrote:I can already see this legend at Inter :bow:
You wish. lol
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:55 am

I do wish and i don't see it being far fetched at all, Thohir is rumored to fire Marco Branca. Inter is a big team that can afford Galliani and the biggest plus of all, if he comes to Inter he would only have to change his workplace, not his whole life.

Remember Leonardo?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:25 am

chinomaster182 wrote:I do wish and i don't see it being far fetched at all, Thohir is rumored to fire Marco Branca. Inter is a big team that can afford Galliani and the biggest plus of all, if he comes to Inter he would only have to change his workplace, not his whole life.

Remember Leonardo?
lol so you were serious I thought you are joking
do you really want to compare the two men?
Galliani is   Inveterate AC Milan fan , 27 years with Milan and hates Inter, thought never hidden :lol:He has been a great icon of AC Milan, Leonardo has just played 4 years...

more or less  it is  like to see Sir Alex Ferguson to Liverpool  Laughing

then "  the biggest plus of all" etc is questionable , he is not God , he also took blunders market or have I dreamed Constant , Matri and other?

Luckily there are many other manageers in Europe over to Branca and Galliani, and the same Milan has  realized it...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Berlusconi: 'Galliani stays at Milan'

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has surprisingly announced Adriano Galliani “will stay in his position.”

The patron had been due to fly in by helicopter for a meeting with the team and media today, but the visit to the Milanello training ground was cancelled due to bad weather.

However, Berlusconi still spoke to Milan Channel and declared general manager Galliani “will stay in his position.

“The only reason I did not come to Milanello was due to the adverse weather conditions and I am disappointed.

“In any case, Milan go forward in a calm manner. Adriano Galliani is more relieved now, everyone is staying in their positions and Milan proceed in unity.

“I wanted to say these things directly to the media, but that is the basic gist of it. The club situation will not change. Galliani is relaxed after last night’s dinner at Arcore.”

Last night there was a four-hour meeting between Berlusconi and Galliani, who said he would resign after a clash with Barbara Berlusconi, the President’s daughter.

The exit was expected to be made official either after the Champions League game with Ajax or the last match of the season against Inter on December 22.

There were also reports Galliani was trying to sue Berlusconi for damages after working at Milan for 28 years and that this decision is only because the President rejected his offer of resignation.

http://www.football-italia.net/42316/berlusconi-galliani-stays-milan
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:46 pm

LOOOOOOOOOL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:01 pm

The trolling never ends with these two Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't even know what to say Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:07 pm

This saga is going beyond clown territory.

I guess Berlusconi won't allow his faithful "friend" to leave without first turning this whole thing into a full blown circus.

Galliani says "I'm Outty" Heeeeey

Galliani says "I'm Outty" Galliani061
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down