The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

+77
Ganso
Mamad
guest7
B-Mac
BarcaLearning
Nishankly
Forza
guest_07
Lupi
Blue Barrett
jibers
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
ioilersrock448
arabprince
zigra
farfan
Freeza
Valkyrja
Robespierre
iftikhar
Pip
FalcaoPunch
vivabarca38
CBarca
Chumlum
S
Arquitecto
The_Badger
chad4401
lszanto
RealGunner
halamadrid2
Lord Awesome
zizzle
Doc
RedOranje
Adit
VanDeezNuts
ExtremistEnigma
DeletedUser#1
StrugaRock
Amar
Kaladin
Zealous
dostoevsky
Casciavit
andiii
Art Morte
free_cat
Arsenalfaithfull
M99
elitedam
urbaNRoots
Red Alert
barca 2011
punkfusion1992
LeBéninois
Gil
Firenze
LeSwagg James
Motogp69
McAgger
fatman123
elm_baraja_shaman
Pedram
Swanhends
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
Tomwin Lannister
DuringTheWar
Rebaño Sagrado
The Franchise
izzy
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
81 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 am

Also i thought Yoann Gourcuff had the potential to be WC :facepalm:

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 am

Where is Abramovich the Chelsea fella. When we signed Borini he said that Borini was going to be better than Suarez for us. Laughing Borini went on to score a total of 1 goal for us that whole season
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 am

I wanted to take part in the thread, went through 13 pages of my posts and realized, *bleep* I'm right a lot :bow:

I need to go through the Summer Transfer Rumor thread, I'm sure I posted comedic gold in there at some point.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 am

fatman123 wrote:Also i thought Yoann Gourcuff had the potential to be WC :facepalm:
I thought he was going to be great too Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
fatman123 wrote:Also i thought Yoann Gourcuff had the potential to be WC :facepalm:
I must admit I also fell in this trap
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 am

legitimately thought Fletcher would be a better signing than G-rude

I blame Wenger though for those Ligue Un flops he brought in before
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:49 am

Oh yeah, I was also wrong about G-rude. Very very wrong Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 am

McAgger wrote:Where is Abramovich the Chelsea fella. When we signed Borini he said that Borini was going to be better than Suarez for us. Laughing Borini went on to score a total of 1 goal for us that whole season
I'm still on that wagon, the kids a boss, shame he's caught up in that mess at Sunderland atm
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 am

McAgger wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:
I must admit I also fell in this trap
I'm not alone Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 am

I'm never wrong.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:08 am

Gil wrote:I'm never wrong.
The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 2 256csas
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:18 am

Gil wrote:I'm never wrong.
The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 2 Original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:26 am

I used to think that Ibra was overrated. now he's one of my fav.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:15 am

I hated Ronaldo when he was United. I thought he was a glorified striker thats arrogant and abit of a show pony.
I was wrong, the man is a machine. I respect him more than ever at the moment.
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 am

punkfusion1992 wrote:I hated Ronaldo when he was United. I thought he was a glorified striker thats arrogant and abit of a show pony.
I actually liked him more at UTD. Still a machine but now he's as arrogant and dramatic as ever. A machine nonetheless though.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:14 am

I was against the signing of Daniel Sturridge. Only one I can think of that is 'bad' to be honest.

barca 2011 wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:I hated Ronaldo when he was United. I thought he was a glorified striker thats arrogant and abit of a show pony.
I actually liked him more at UTD. Still a machine but now he's as arrogant and dramatic as ever. A machine nonetheless though.
Still personally believe he was a better player at United although his form in 2013/this season is slowly changing that. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 am

"Ramsey needs to go on loan imo" - urbaNRoots late 2012

No mate he just needs to play in his *bleep* natural position Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:02 am

I thought Iniesta was straight garbage when he first started getting playing time at Barcelona. That's embarrassing.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:05 am

Some Milanisti need to come here, I was the only one excited about the Cerci links.

Also yeah, thought by now Gourcuff would be the face of France and their best player.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:14 am

I thought Sturridge was another over hyped brat like Welbeck, but now I see that he is actually the real deal.

As for undervaluing Arsenal players. I thought Rosicky was never going to offer anything to the team and basically his career at top flight was done by 2009. I am glad I was wrong with this one. Hope he retires as an Arsenal legend.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 am

I'm always right about almost everything.
I called Busquets, Pedro and Bartra becoming cracks, I called Ronaldinho being finished, I called Tata moving away from Cruyffism before most people did, I called Chigrinski failing, etc.

I also always was a supporter of Alexis and knew he would come good. Very Happy

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 am

I was quite excited about us signing Aspas last summer for about £7m after seeing his stats in La Liga, thought it was a bargain. The guy's done ef all at Liverpool.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:17 am

i told a friend van persie will fail in his 1st or 2nd season away from arsenal because he has a torres like attitude. he didn't, but there's still a season left!
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 pm

elitedam wrote:I thought Iniesta was straight garbage when he first started getting playing time at Barcelona. That's embarrassing.
Join the club.

Though, I still think at the time, we wasnt a good player. I will admit I never saw the talent when others clearly did.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Thought Kaka was going to be a flop, Sheva 2.0....

He has been proving me wrong so far, however season is long so its still possible.

I would much prefer if he continues his great performances though Very Happy
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

M99 wrote:Some Milanisti need to come here, I was the only one excited about the Cerci links.

Also yeah, thought by now Gourcuff would be the face of France and their best player.
Cerci was always hot and cold . I won't hold my breath yet , despite his very impressive season so far. As for Gourcuff , lol who didn't , very few that actually didn't like him when he was at his best. I still like him , like whatever , Gourcuff Proud

Maybe he could still turn it around , who knows.. but not at Lyon , that much is clear. I believe the downfall of Lyon , even though he obviously had a good part to play , is a reason why he has fallen from grace so hard. But anyway , i don't understand what he's still doing there .

Such a pity , he was always pure class on the ball and one of those players who could really unlock his teammates all over the field with his vision and passing. Intelligent play , simply great on set pieces and very able dribbler and holder of the ball. Apart from some good pace , he didn't lack anything , he was even scoring headers for a while which is clearly not the norm for players of his mould.

I still believe that any team who gives him a good 2nd chance within a nice project going on , is going to get back 10x times the benefits from Yohann. Last time i saw him play was last season and i honestly thought he would slowly get back to his best , but apparently he just keeps getting injured for some reason. Such a pity.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next