The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

+77
Ganso
Mamad
guest7
B-Mac
BarcaLearning
Nishankly
Forza
guest_07
Lupi
Blue Barrett
jibers
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
ioilersrock448
arabprince
zigra
farfan
Freeza
Valkyrja
Robespierre
iftikhar
Pip
FalcaoPunch
vivabarca38
CBarca
Chumlum
S
Arquitecto
The_Badger
chad4401
lszanto
RealGunner
halamadrid2
Lord Awesome
zizzle
Doc
RedOranje
Adit
VanDeezNuts
ExtremistEnigma
DeletedUser#1
StrugaRock
Amar
Kaladin
Zealous
dostoevsky
Casciavit
andiii
Art Morte
free_cat
Arsenalfaithfull
M99
elitedam
urbaNRoots
Red Alert
barca 2011
punkfusion1992
LeBéninois
Gil
Firenze
LeSwagg James
Motogp69
McAgger
fatman123
elm_baraja_shaman
Pedram
Swanhends
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
Tomwin Lannister
DuringTheWar
Rebaño Sagrado
The Franchise
izzy
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
81 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Why didn't Chelsea buy five less AMs and use the money to get Higuain :facepalm:

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

Post by S Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Dont you mean the entire Juve Section?

Anyway, i said he was a CL flop for madrid, you cant dispute that. Not that he would flop his whole career in CL, not the same.
At that point in time it did look like Napoli overpaid by a bit which Juventus wouldntve done so i was just supporting the board's moves since it was difficult for Juve to spend big money without having to sell any of their key players.

But that doesnt matter now obviously since he's giving very good return on investments.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Higuain is as safe an investment as you can get in today's centre forward market. Anyone who doubted him either;

a) Didn't watch him that much.

or

b) Had an agenda.

He's a great CF I'd give anything to get him back with us.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Its not about doubting him.I knew he had the quality and would be a success in a team where he will be focal point which he is at Napoli.

I just didnt believe he is 40m worthy player but i guess you gotta pay up if you want quality which Napoli did.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 pm

S wrote:Its not about doubting him.I knew he had the quality and would be a success in a team where he will be focal point which he is at Napoli.

I just didnt believe he is 40m worthy player but i guess you gotta pay up if you want quality which Napoli did.
In today's market, 40 is a fair price for him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Zealous wrote:Higuain is as safe an investment as you can get in today's centre forward market. Anyone who doubted him either;

a) Didn't watch him that much.

or

b) Had an agenda.

He's a great CF I'd give anything to get him back with us.
Thumbs up
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 pm

S wrote:Its not about doubting him.I knew he had the quality and would be a success in a team where he will be focal point which he is at Napoli.

He was called a "CL Flop" numerous times by people in your section. 3 CL goals and 1 assist in 3 games later... Nevermind that you ended up signing a "CL Flop" anyway.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 pm

oh the amount of pies served here, including the one i gratefully ate

http://www.goallegacy.net/t21423-if-we-sign-palacio-and-not-destro?highlight=palacio
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Not to rain on the parade but come on hig start scoring in the cl now, and he get a clean slate all of a sudden GL Proud Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:45 pm

zizzle wrote:oh the amount of pies served here, including the one i gratefully ate

http://www.goallegacy.net/t21423-if-we-sign-palacio-and-not-destro?highlight=palacio
rofl

To be fair though, as we said in the thread:

Swanhends wrote:
Vibe wrote:I think 10% of my hate for him comes from his age,and 90% from how he looks.
Agreed
Didnt necessarily think he sucked, just didn't want him for other reasons
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I can't recall any Real Madrid fan in the section saying Higuain wasn't worth that price. Only poster I could see writing that would be Mr. Possession MT. But make no mistake, Higuain CL record has been quite poor for someone of his outstanding abilities (to which I regret the club let go).

I'm glad he is starting to show his worth in UCL a bit and hope it continues...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm sure I have bunches I don't remember. The most flagrant of recent times was saying Borini would end up being the better player (over Sturridge) and I think I said once he got over his injuries he would start for Liverpool.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:00 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t1498-who-is-cristian-zapata

Some massive humble pie here....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:http://www.goallegacy.net/t1498-who-is-cristian-zapata

Lmao every single post is a massive humble pie
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

with the amount of !!!!s and repeated use of the word "awesome" in his posts in that thread im genuinely not sure if surag was joking or serious hmm 
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Dat thread , Mole Proud a humble pie well served.

#Cristiano Zapata
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:http://www.goallegacy.net/t1498-who-is-cristian-zapata

Red Alert wrote:Liverpool has wonderful fullbacks. Very Happy

Well, on the right. We're in desperate need for a CB, LB and winger atm. Look's like Zapata, Mata and Clichy. cheers

(Wickham + Adam for depth weeeeeeeeeeee)

I love NESV :king:
Oh god.

The three players which could have been all turned out to be back-ups for Coates, Downing and Enrique.

Enrique's fine but the other two. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Anyway, i said he was a CL flop for madrid, you cant dispute that. Not that he would flop his whole career in CL, not the same.
it was just tom, devi and surag and i think two more please specify next time, I wanted Higuain at Juve definitely..
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sepi you should delighted if you sign him......

He's an awesome defender definitely one of the best in Serie A id argue he was the best last year behind Thiago Silva...

Fantastic purchase if you get him.
S wrote:liverpool fans if u get him,this would be awesome !!!!he is a beast !!!IMO he is the next thuram..we shud hav got him instead of bonucci !!!very cool and composed df..
M99 wrote:Zapata has been one of the best CBs in Serie A this season. Very good player over the past few seasons but this season was his best yet. Was a rock at back for Udinese and was one of their most important players and without him, they would never have qualified to the Champions League. He is also versatile, can play as a RB when needed. You can check out his performance in the Copa America, plays for Colombia.
Proud Pie party at my place Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 am

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:

it was just tom, devi and surag and i think two more please specify next time, I wanted Higuain at Juve definitely..
Nope i was really excited when i heard rumors about him.I even commented in the Madrid section that i'd really like him here.But not for that price though.Definitely not.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:29 am

DuringTheWar wrote:with the amount of !!!!s and repeated use of the word "awesome" in his posts in that thread im genuinely not sure if surag was joking or serious hmm 
Thats me at my retarded best.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 am

I said multiple times that i'd take Higgy at Juve. For the right price.

I also said that I'd prefer Tevez + 30M for more depth signings (Such as Ogbonna) to Higuain and nobody else. Also, I said Higuain would render Llorentes transfer useless because they would probably not be compatible. And i'm hardly eating humble pie so far am I?

Llorente is proving to be clutch in the CL and Tevez is mopping up in the league.

We're not setting ourselves a 80M budget, so spending 100% of your budget on one player is stupid.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Am I ever wrong ffs?

But seriously, the amount of things I've gotten right is ridiculous. Costa being better than Fluke-cao, Ramsey, Neymar (next Robinho rofl, Sturridge, Ramos, Ronaldo (when he was hated), Arsenal's title challenge this season, Cisse, Ba,Damiao being a scrub, Mourinho to Chelsea, Hazard to Chelsea, Negredo > Soldado, Ramires raping Barca etc

These are things no one else could have foreseen ffs.

Last edited by Gil on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Gil wrote:Am I ever right ffs?
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laughing This thread.

He's an extremely limited player who is extremely overrated by Nick and Gil Laughing

Inb4 i don't watch Atleti, i suppose you need some forward to hype in La Liga though as you have none Laughing
-Molenation on Diego Costa

Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:20 pm

What exactly about Falcao has been exposed? He is still scoring left, right and centre Laughing

Anyway, Gli has never been wrong. This is gonna be fun. I'll start.

Gil wrote:He's a scrub Lex.

Not even on Demba Ba's/Papiss Cisse's level.
On Giroud.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next