rwo power
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
M99
sportsczy
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 4 Empty Re: Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am

true, but I'll expect him to get involved again with the club a little, first before he's considered for senior office...

Hopfner is the new president, and Hainer (adidas boss) new interim chairman of the supervisory board.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 4 Empty Re: Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:46 am

Well, Hopfner is probably a lesser evil. I feared that Stoiber would have glomped on the seat when the first opportunity arose, and Stoiber is an absolute no-go in my eyes.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, Hopfner is probably a lesser evil. I feared that Stoiber would have glomped on the seat when the first opportunity arose, and Stoiber is an absolute no-go in my eyes.

Agreed. I don't even think Hopfner is a lesser evil, it's just the right choice.

He's the guy who was dealing with the financial management all those decades while Hoeness was managing the sport stuff, since the 80s.
Basically Rummenigge, Hoeness and Hopfner had been the ones running our club all this time.

For Hoeness Sammer had entered day to day operations recently, for Hopfner this Dreesen guy.

So basically he's the logical choice, for hierarchical and meritocratical reasons. He's a grey behind the scenes numbers guy, but he actually earned the stature for that position

Ideally you would want someone who is a Bayern football legend as well, but there's noone there, there's a little a generational gap.
Augenthaler or someone, but these people were never involved in the club after their playing career.
Kahn or Scholl are MUCH too young, casual, uninvolved and green for this kind of thing.

Breitner is more of a court jester.

Stoiber, my god. Not only would the appearance be laughable, but on top of it he of course, being Stoiber, is obviously completely incompetent at anything.
President is a representative position mainly, but still. Think the fans and members wouldn't have let this fly though.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Didn't Hopfner resign his former job due to health reasons or so? I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but if that was the case, I hope he won't stress himself out in that position, especially when he has to deal with the fallout of the Hoeneß affair.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:13 pm

rwo power wrote:Didn't Hopfner resign his former job due to health reasons or so? I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but if that was the case, I hope he won't stress himself out in that position, especially when he has to deal with the fallout of the Hoeneß affair.

he did. he quit the executive, became vice president and part of the supervisory board.

tbh, sitting on a supervisory board surely can't be that stressful, after all these full time high level executive sit on several at the same time.

President, you just have to be president and represent. Give a speech, be present, shake hands etc.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Although I just had a divine inspiration, and it occurred to me that we should have gone for persuading Joseph Ratzinger out of retirement to become our president  rofl 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Papa Ratzi :bow: Now that would have been a divine solution!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 4 Media.facebook.07af43c2-7b1a-4346-9dc1-f8c53587f5f7.normalized
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Deserves it

Why do successful people always have problem paying taxes  Mad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:11 pm

EL Patron wrote:Deserves it

Why do successful people always have problem paying taxes  Mad

third best thing after sex and sport cars
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Bayern Munich vs San Lorenzo? The papal derby? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Will probably go 1year and 8 months to jail , and just sleep there at night. Thats my guess

And when he's back we are still the best in the world Proud

Spot on  Thumbs up 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:36 am

Personal statement by Uli Hoeness:

After discussing the matter with my family I have decided to accept the judgment passed by Munich District Court (Landgericht) II regarding my tax affairs. I have instructed my legal representatives not to appeal the verdict. This corresponds to my understanding of integrity, decorum and personal responsibility. Evading tax was the biggest mistake of my life. I accept the consequences of this mistake.

Furthermore I hereby resign the offices of president of FC Bayern München e.V. and chairman of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board with immediate effect. By doing so I wish to avert further damage to my club. FC Bayern München is my life’s work and will always remain so. I will continue to be associated with this magnificent club and its people in other ways for as long as I live.

I wish to thank from the heart my personal friends and all followers of FC Bayern München for your support.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4