rwo power
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
M99
sportsczy
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 3 Empty Re: Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:30 pm

well we'll see when he'll actual enter the prison.

Probably he'll appeal for another few years through all instances and then plead unfitness for detention based on high blood pressure.
He's got the red face to back it up.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 3 Empty Re: Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Lex wrote:It's a far cry from the 10-15 years everyone was predicting. It almost seems worth the risk

I honestly don't know which person with some knowledge of the case and German law was predicting 10-15 years?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:33 pm

but seriously, they could at least have made it 3 years and 9 months, to make it equal with Breno lighting up his own house.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Uli has to get fired by Bayern now, no?

Of course he won't get fired. He'll probably resign later today.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 3 Wolf10
(click to enlarge)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:24 pm

oldie but goodie

Hoeneß sentenced to 3 years 6 months for tax fraud - Page 3 Media.media.4c87ce18-90e3-4010-be0c-68cab2967c46.normalized
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:27 pm

The transfer fee was estimated a bit low there. Now it's 27.4 mio Euros, which IMO is more fitting. Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Good. At least Germany has demonstrated that we're not a banana republic yet.  Laughing 
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Other fans want to rub Bayern fans nose in this but Bayern fans want him to go to jail too.  Proud 
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Uli Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Will probably go 1year and 8 months to jail , and just sleep there at night. Thats my guess

And when he's back we are still the best in the world Proud
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Haha LOL are Chelsea, City and PSG ruining football, or is it the likes of Bayern and Barcelona?  hmm 

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm

what has Hoeness evading taxes and going to jail for it got to do with ruining football ? hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 pm

I did not claim either of the two groups were.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 am

wow, I'm actually surprised.

Hoeness just declared that he decided to accept the verdict without further appealing, and resigned from all position at Bayern.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:29 am

Good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:39 am

Yes. Good decision.

His lawyer had actually said yesterday they were appealing before the highest Federal Court.

Now he'll actually go to prison soon, which I wasn't expecting.

They won't make it very tough on him though, probably.
A couple of months, and then probably all kinds of alleviations can take place.
He's a well known rich guy, after all.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am

He's resigned too now(pretty obvious).Who will be the new pres ?

Rummennige ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 am

S wrote:He's resigned too now(pretty obvious).Who will be the new pres ?

Rummennige ?

good question. Not Rummenigge, he is CEO and therefore the actual boss. I've heard Hopfner, who was chief financial executive and now is Vice president. That's probably the way to go.

Worst case scenario of course is Edmund 'Ede' Stoiber, ex prime minister of Bavaria. That would require quite some ironic detachment from our club's board, much more than is even needed now.
After the slight urge to vomit has passed, that is.

Breitner, I'd rather have not. He is a legend, but an insufferable moron.
But rather than Stoiber, OF COURSE, Paul you're the best.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am

Hoeness will in all likelihood be jailed in the JVA Landsberg, where none other than Adolf Hitler was imprisoned in 1924, after the aptly named Beer Hall Coup.

Hitler was sentenced to 5 years, yet got out after 8 months.
For high treason that's a bit lenient, one could argue.

Uli probably will have to sit there a few months longer, yet that gives him more time to author his version of Mein Kampf, which Hitler wrote during his spell in a Landsberg cell.

I'm holding my breath for your book, Uli  Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 am

By the way, in my local Radio Oberhausen, the news host speculated that maybe Oliver Kahn might go for Bayern President :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:46 am

rwo power wrote:By the way, in my local Radio Oberhausen, the news host speculated that maybe Oliver Kahn might go for Bayern President :bow:

LOL. Don't know how he could be considered qualified for THAT kind of position yet   scratch 

But if we're going down that road, I'd throw the name Jens Jeremies in the ring hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:52 am

I want to know from Bayern fans if the decision making of the board was mainly down to Hoeness or was it collective ?

And is this departure going to affect Bayern in any way or not at all ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 am

S wrote:I want to know from Bayern fans if the decision making of the board was mainly down to Hoeness or was it collective ?

And is this departure going to affect Bayern badly or not at all ?

it is going to affect us badly, sure, but maybe more in a psychological way than an actual executive.
Hoeness as president had a bit withdrawn from the day to day operations, which he dealt with as club manager for decades. On paper the president is more of a representative figure, he was also chief of the supervisory board, but not on the executive board anymore.

First Nerlinger succeeded, now Sammer is the club manager. And then Rummenigge is the actual CEO, etc
I'm sure he was still involved in all decisions, as there's surely alot of communication and cooperation an a daily basis since they're all there in the building.
Thank God we have sammer, he's capable of handling the sport related stuff.

Hoeness will be back, too.
I'm sure he'll be able to get out during days soon, and I'm sure after a while he will be involved again in some 'honorary' function or something.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
rwo power wrote:By the way, in my local Radio Oberhausen, the news host speculated that maybe Oliver Kahn might go for Bayern President :bow:
LOL. Don't know how he could be considered qualified for THAT kind of position yet   scratch 
Well, at least he did study general management and has the degree "Master of Business Administration".
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am

true, but I'll expect him to get involved again with the club a little, first before he's considered for senior office...

Hopfner is the new president, and Hainer (adidas boss) new interim chairman of the supervisory board.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next