DeletedUser#1
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mourinho: "I made eleven mistakes" Empty Mourinho: "I made eleven mistakes"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:35 pm

. Photograph: Ian Macnicol/AFP/Getty Images

José Mourinho claimed to have "made 11 mistakes" when it came to team selection after Newcastle United ended his Chelsea side's nine-game unbeaten run. The Portuguese has never won a Premier League game at St James' Park and second-half goals from Yoan Gouffran and Loïc Rémy on Tyneside ensured that this sequence continued with a 2-0 defeat.

After the match Mourinho did not hold back in criticising his side. "The result is a consequence of one team that was not there," the Chelsea manager said. "I feel I made 11 mistakes. Of course I'm exaggerating, we had some guys with normal good performances but the overall feeling is I made 11 bad choices. It was a really bad performance from us. In the first 45 minutes we played as if it was a friendly.

"Everything was lacking. We had lots of space in the first half, it was an easy half to play but we didn't play. We had the ball and space but we weren't aggressive. We lost the ball during very simple transitions and were not intense. We deserved to lose.

"We had space to play in between the lines and could have hurt our opponents but we touched the ball side to side rather than playing it forward. We were slow with no sharpness. We had a good reaction when they scored but it was too late."

Struggling to contain his anger, Mourinho was left to reflect on his struggles by the Tyne. "I've never won here in the league but it's a difficult place," he said. "The crowd is fantastic and you have to come with a certain mentality if you want to win here."

"We had a couple of good chances to equalise but Newcastle were more in the game than us, they fought more, were much more committed. They did much to win and for sure they were the best team on the pitch. I told my team at half-time that I've been in the game for many, many years and I was smelling what was happening. I didn't like my team today. I'm disappointed."

In contrast Alan Pardew was so overjoyed that he dedicated the victory to Mike Ashley. Considering Newcastle's owner has harshly banned three local newspapers that will not play well with many fans but few would begrudge the Newcastle manager's delight at his side's first home league win for two months, especially after the disappointment of last Sunday's defeat at Sunderland. "We were a bit conservative at first," Pardew said. "But we knew we could put them under pressure in the second half, we did and it worked."

When Yohan Cabaye's free-kick was headed home by Gouffran a watershed was reached. "Yohan executed it on the money and Gouff connected brilliantly," Pardew said. "I felt confident we could win from that point. We've been playing well lately but we got the break today. We've got quality and if we keep this work rate up we've got a chance of having a good season."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Mourinho: "I made eleven mistakes" Empty Re: Mourinho: "I made eleven mistakes"

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Had no doubt that Pardew can show his tactical superiority in this game and my prediction came true.

He check-mated Mourinho as if the latter wasn't even in the game. With Remy acting as the Queen and Cabaye orchestrating things like a worthy Knight.

Pardew, remains to remain the most under-rated manager of all time. To make a Mourinho team look so shitty after such a rich vein of form is not easy and very very few managers are capable of doing that. His insistence with Tiote is making the Ivorian his the heights he did 2 years ago whereas if he listened to the fans, some scrub from Lorient would have been playing as CM for Newcastle and they wouldn't be anywhere as intimidating. Lucky for Newcastle, one of those very rare men is employed by them. Grande Pardew !

Gracious and classy by Mourinho to come out and say it. What an individual !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Had no doubt that Pardew can show his tactical superiority in this game and my prediction came true.

He check-mated Mourinho as if the latter wasn't even in the game. With Remy acting as the Queen and Cabaye orchestrating things like a worthy Knight.

Pardew, remains to remain the most under-rated manager of all time. To make a Mourinho team look so shitty after such a rich vein of form is not easy and very very few managers are capable of doing that. His insistence with Tiote is making the Ivorian his the heights he did 2 years ago whereas if he listened to the fans, some scrub from Lorient would have been playing as CM for Newcastle and they wouldn't be anywhere as intimidating. Lucky for Newcastle, one of those very rare men is employed by them. Grande Pardew !

This is the kind of post that can drive a person to suicide. Drivel from start to finish.You should be charged with manslaughter for posting such rubbish.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Roman: "I made one mistake...Mourinho"
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Had no doubt that Pardew can show his tactical superiority in this game and my prediction came true.

This is the kind of post that can drive a person to suicide. Drivel from start to finish.You should be charged with manslaughter for posting such rubbish.
The concept of sarcasm is clearly lost on you.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:16 pm

I have reported this post. Trolling in this forum is the racism equivalent of football in this forum. I feel like players racially abused a system should be devised by the moderators to give severe bans. I am metaphorically walking out of this thread. SAY NO TO TROLLING, should become a movement that can spread on the internet. Thank you.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

I have reported this post. Trolling in this forum is the racism equivalent of football in this forum. I feel like players racially abused a system should be devised by the moderators to give severe bans. I am metaphorically walking out of this thread. SAY NO TO TROLLING, should become a movement that can spread on the internet. Thank you.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Rebs rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:30 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

I have no idea why you are using my old posts. If you think that it is funny to troll the action against you would be swift and severe.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Why is it taken as I am trolling? What the Ef ? Let me point out some facts:

- Inept managers like Laudrup and Rodgers get bigger up here for minimal achievements throughout their managerial career, yet Pardew's pedigree is often overlooked. All Laudrup has is Danish league titles and a Carling Cup. Well congratulations sir ! Even Roy Hodgson and Alex McLeish have won those competition. Rodgers ? Don't get me started. His biggest managerial achievement is winning Championship play-off.
Yet Pardew, a man to save Newcastle from relegation under hands of incompetent Chris Hughton (as you can see him with Norwich) in 2010-11 despite the sale of their most influential player that season in mid-way and acquiring some unknown French players. Pardew leading Newcastle to 5th in 11/12 season only a few points short of CL bypasses ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING Laudrup and Rodgers or 95% of the managers that are more highly rated than Pardew have done in their entire career. That team was magnificent. I am sure Alan will do it again, once he sorts out some small details. The current NUFC team is showing some of those qualities again and his excellent coaching is paying dividends yet again. Alan Pardew is a man who was an absolute wonder strike and penalty shoot-outs away from winning the FA Cup for West Ham tactically beating Rafa Benitez. Zero luck on the day, but his achievements and contributions to world football is seriously over-looked.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

I have no idea why you are using my old posts. If you think that it is funny to troll the action against you would be swift and severe.
How dare you. I have been trying abolish trollery from this forum, and you accuse ME of trolling? You are a joke. I have reported you for defamation of character.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Why is it taken as I am trolling? What the Ef ? Let me point out some facts:

- Inept managers like Laudrup and Rodgers get bigger up here for minimal achievements throughout their managerial career, yet Pardew's pedigree is often overlooked. All Laudrup has is Danish league titles and a Carling Cup. Well congratulations sir ! Even Roy Hodgson and Alex McLeish have won those competition. Rodgers ? Don't get me started. His biggest managerial achievement is winning Championship play-off.
Yet Pardew, a man to save Newcastle from relegation under hands of incompetent Chris Hughton (as you can see him with Norwich) in 2010-11 despite the sale of their most influential player that season in mid-way and acquiring some unknown French players. Pardew leading Newcastle to 5th in 11/12 season only a few points short of CL bypasses ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING Laudrup and Rodgers or 95% of the managers that are more highly rated than Pardew have done in their entire career. That team was magnificent. I am sure Alan will do it again, once he sorts out some small details. The current NUFC team is showing some of those qualities again and his excellent coaching is paying dividends yet again. Alan Pardew is a man who was an absolute wonder strike and penalty shoot-outs away from winning the FA Cup for West Ham tactically beating Rafa Benitez. Zero luck on the day, but his achievements and contributions to world football is seriously over-looked.

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 am

Rebs rofl 
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Why is it taken as I am trolling? What the Ef ? Let me point out some facts:

Mourinho: "I made eleven mistakes" 2Q==
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 am

where is Mole?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 am

Back on topic please
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 am

RealGunner wrote:Back on topic please
English media took a quote of context

back off topic pls
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:37 am

Mourinho let himself down.

Schürrle has been in beast mode and he drops him like a sack of potatoes. This would be understandable if he played Willian instead and saved Schürrle for the german team midweek, but he didnt even do that.

He put out that same midfield that Benítez was crucified for, and expected a different result. Nothing but arrogance, and he got pwned by the third worst side(Lets be real, Toon are shambolic no matter what the table says) in the league.

Mata wont start in the league again until at least the winter window so I wont even mention his selection over Wilian or Schürrle but why is Lampard getting this favoritism? At least last year he was scoring goals, but now he is just a waste of space. Lamapard was missing passes so bad it literally made my stomach hurt. Mikel may be useless at most things, but surely Essien has proven he can still do more in that position against friggin toon. They wouldnt even have to worry about using him midweek since he was left off the Champions league roster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:19 am

Maybe the players were the problem, maybe not. I didn't think there was anything wrong with their work rate.

To me, Chelsea's biggest problem in that game - and not for the first time this season - was that they played too narrow and it was easy to defend against. The three playing behind Torres: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, they're playing just too similar. It's like 3 attacking midfielders, no one is running up and down the flank, not even full-backs Ivanovic and Cole. Torres is constantly staying with the CBs, looking to make a run onto a through-ball, but that's just not happening. No one else is making off-the-ball runs behind defenders. Chelsea's attack has been very unimaginative and it's Mourinho's job to tell his players to play differently if their current approach isn't scoring them goals.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:28 am

We do have the ability to play wide when we want to, Hazard can play the down the line if needed and Shurlle and Willian are both much more tradtional wingers and offer more width. We dont get as much from our fullbacks as Ivanovic never was an attacking fullback and a mixture of Mous defensive tactics are age catching up with him are stopping Cole from getting too far forward, Rafa used the same approach with Cole too although he played Azpi at RB and allowed him to get further forward.

The main reason we're playing narrow is because other then Torres we don't have anyone whose good in the air anymore, and theres not much to be gained from gained from going wide and putting crosses onto Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Willian etc who are never going to win headers.

Our biggest issue is our build up is too slow, personaly id like to see us take more risks and be more willing to play the ball through to Torres early, of course this is difficult of course because most teams will sit deep with two banks of four against us and it is very out of nature for mou in general. We just need to get the ball forward faster really.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 am

Sounds like he's gunning for moar funds to buy moar players in January
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Rebs rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 pm

The real problem wasn't the width it was how so slow Chelsea moved the ball.

It was easy for us to get back into position as they were not moving the ball at pace to pull our back 4 around.

But this has been the case all season for Chelsea its not a sudden thing its how they play but this time a bit of individual magic didn't come to the fore and the opposition punished them.

Spurs are extremely similar btw, they both play very slowly and as a result its easy for teams to defend deep and spring forward with counters.

In fact this is the major difference between Arsenal and these two.... Arsenal move the ball extremely quickly in the final third and don't give the opposition a chance to get into position while Chelsea and Spurs do.

Its nothing to do with vision, creativity or width why Chelsea struggled and why Spurs have struggled to score this season.... its to do with the tempo of their play and the pace they move the ball in the final third or lack there of.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm

mourinho wrote:''A missed goal? It doesn't matter. He's physical and we need his physicality. Look at the others we have: Schurrle fragile, Oscar fragile, Juan little, Hazard little.

''See City, even Aguero, the little one, is a powerful tank. So we need Fernando. He gives us a lot. If he doesn't score, okay, but we know we can count on him.
rofl

Mourinho cleverly saying that all the players he didnt sign are weaklings or midgets Laughing, Willian and Flopto'o not named ofc.

need MOAR moneh, MOARRR
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:40 am

Mou rofl

He wants physically strong players, yet he sanctioned Lukaku to Everton...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next