+3
McLewis
Lupi
flameas
7 posters

Go down

Torino vs. Roma Empty Torino vs. Roma

Post by flameas Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Form Guide: Torino (L D D L D) Roma (W W W W W)

Last season: Torino 1-2 Roma

Stat fact: Roma have won their last six matches against Torino.

Keep an eye on: Alessio Cerci (Torino) – If Torino are to pull off an upset here, one can be sure that Cerci will play a key role. The undoubted star of this Turin outfit with his seven goals and three assists he, like the rest of his teammates, will be fully motivated to become the first team this season to take points away from Roma.

Torino (probable): Padelli; Darmian, Glik, Moretti; D’Ambrosio, Gazzi, Basha, Bellomo, Pasquale; Cerci, Immobile

Roma (probable): De Sanctis; Maicon, Benatia, Burdisso, Balzaretti; Pjanic, De Rossi, Strootman; Florenzi, Borriello, Ljajic

Important to win this and the Sassulo game next weak - international break coming up after those games. Torino have a great attack, but their defense is equally awful. Sadly no Gervinho, who would run rings around Toro defense.

I think we have to get more players in the box, otherwise Boriello is to lonely against three central defenders.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Torino vs. Roma Empty Re: Torino vs. Roma

Post by Lupi Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:38 am

hmm castan is out ,thats the real test for our defense , im not sure if burdisso can keep up with cerci, dont know anything about jedvaj yet ,is he a starting material? my picture of Torino is 10 men in defence and cerci , but still 11 men will be on the pitch and they have to keep the game going
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:36 am

Damn Rafapoli and Rubentus wont drop points so we have to win this.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:26 pm

I think something that needs to said is that Torino are a different beast than some of the teams we've faced. Like us, they've been extremely potent in the 2nd half. We must shut them down in the first half. They've shown a real propensity to comeback and they don't know when they're beaten.

Gonna be a tough, tough game.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Torino vs. Roma Ljajic-united-2

lol they failed to sign him, what a loss

Torino vs. Roma Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNZxOpP6K8byr4MLlmKqMLoXf-5JT9XDcWeEQSzJ-PlMaxghut
Ljajic.

Torino vs. Roma 223086_heroa

Superman Tom Welling from Smallville.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

*bleep* ref cost us the game.. juve gave him probably some cash to fix this one
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Ljajic is amazing..

When is Totti coming back btw?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Hopefully soon, because Borillo is completely useless. We played 100 times better when Ljalic replaced him
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:57 pm

the real season begins....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Ljajic was really good coming on for Borriello today. Marco showed fatigue from the three games in 7 days.

One thing to take out of this match was WOW Cerci is 10 X the player that I remember him to be when he was at Roma. He has complete class, and strength something he lacked in his younger days at Roma.

All in all I knew one of these sides would eventually break us down, and we have to count ourselves lucky coming out with points. De Sanctis needs to take credit for that.

Speaking of Morgan, I feel bad for him. He really wanted the record, and damn, we were close to achieving it for him. If Burdisso did a little more on covering Cerci then just standing there like per usual Burdisso it might have been.

With the way we are defending this year, we might have another crack at getting him his record...

Benatia out for next match, looks like Burdisso is back for next week with Castan.

To me, I think Benatia could have stayed on his feat on the Cerci goal, but I think he thought he was going to get the foul... Meggorinis foul on Maicon still baffles me as to why it wasn't a FK at least...

All in all entertaining game, I was on the edge of my seat through the last 40 mins when Ljajic came on, he did a good job running at torino's defense, something Marco can't be expected to do .

Like djfawnz said, this is where the real season begins, this is where we see if this side has the consistancy and quality to keep on keeping on, and I for one am god damn excited to watch next weekend.

Forza Roma
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 am

the referee had the wrong shirt on , couldnt Torino afford to buy him one of their jerseys , slightest of touch was foul against Roma , totally disgusted and Borriello go away and never come back
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Poor officiating aside, let's not take anything away from Torino here.

They parked the bus superbly and relied heavily on Cerci to get a result from this match, which he did. The man's still got a point to prove to Roma he did it again last night.

Benatia coming off with an injury worries me far more than him missing the next match through suspension.

Agree with DJfawnz as well....this is where our season begins and this is where Garcia will begin to earn his money. Sassuolo, pushover though they may be, may not be as easy to dispatch as we're likely to think.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:36 pm

im thinking about a controversy theory that i feel its not the right time to voice it , i have to watch the rest of our games to find enough evidence for that but its the one that i hope be false because this Roma have potential to be great
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 pm

McLewis, do you have any confirmation on Benatias injury? Cant find anything about that on Romanews page.

And I wonder if Gervinho is back for the next game? And who will be dropped then? Bradley? Boriello?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum