+4
Soul
iNFINITY9910
Kick
Shed
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Empty Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City

Post by Shed Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:41 am

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_muz9hn94id1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea will host title rivals Manchester City on Matchday 9 of the Premier League on Sunday,
October 27th.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_muz9tm1fLK1ruhh4yo1_1280

The two sides will face off in a game portended, at least at season's build-up, to be a head-to-head clash between the league's 2 runaway favourites for the title. The accuracy of that prediction is still to be determined in the coming months of course, but this is regardless a huge match for each of the sides, both eager to one-up the other at first opportunity as the season - and the table - are just starting to take shape.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City 816278727

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City 816583197

Both sides go into this match on the back of victories at the weekend prior. Chelsea came back from 0-1 down to newly-promoted Cardiff City at Stamford Bridge to ultimately stuff the Welsh side 4-1 via a first Chelsea goal from Samuel Eto'o, a terrific strike from in-form Oscar, and a brace from Eden Hazard. City, likewise, registered an ultimately comfortable victory as they traveled to Upton Park to face off against West Ham, whom they beat 3-1 to obtain only their first away victory of the season.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_muxgb031UJ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Former La Liga rivals Mourinho of Real Madrid and Pellegrini of Malaga also go head to head for the first time in their new geographic stomping ground, and both will doubtless be anxious to draw first blood against his familiar adversary.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City 8647986103_437f53c241_o

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Ibw640xoU1Yf

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City I1CLO96L4enFW

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City ZrQH9tB

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City IbdG53u6BCFH0I

The sides last met in the semifinals of the FA Cup last season in a controversy-charged match that saw Rafa Benitez's Chelsea beaten by eventual losing finalists City. City were in large control throughout the first half and finally broke through on 35 minutes through Samir Nasri, before Sergio Aguero scored less than 2 minutes into the second half to double the Sky Blues' lead. An acrobatic goal from Demba Ba just over 20 minutes from time gave the Blues hope, but proved ultimately just a consolation, and Chelsea were condemned to their first ever defeat at the new Wembley. The talking points following the match surrounded Sergio Aguero's malicious stomp on David Luiz, as well as Vincent Kompany's clear foul on Fernando Torres in the box at 2-1 - both uncalled by the referee and linesmen on the day - and the Blues will surely have revenge on their minds, especially with it being almost 2 years since their last victory over City, who've very much become one of Chelsea's bogey sides in recent times.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_muxcvh4HVK1qbzq4yo4_500

Chelsea manager Mourinho was sent to the stands by referee Anthony Taylor during the Blues' home game against Cardiff City on Saturday after excoriating the referee over the visitors' persistent time-wasting, resulting in a charge for improper conduct by the FA. The Portuguese has not, however, contested the charge, meaning he is likely only to pay a fine and will not incur a touchline ban, which would, of course, have included this game whatever the length.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_mv3hqgCq291ruhh4yo1_1280

Most notable doubtfuls for the match are defensive duo Ashley Cole for Chelsea and Vincent Kompany for City. Also in question for either side are André Schurrle, who was pictured with ice on his ankle after being subbed off in Chelsea's 3-0 win over Schalke in Germany mid-week, as well as Martin Demichelis and Jack Rodwell.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_mv3k01YadH1ruhh4yo1_500

The match kicks off at 5:00pm UK time

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City

Post by Kick Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 am

I am slightly worried about this game but we are in decent form so I think we'll get the win here.

Kompany out is fantastic news for us. They're no where near as strong without him. No Tevez either which is great news! I really want us to put all of our efforts into this game and not worry about Arsenal after it.

Hopefully we see Mazarcar and Eto'o or Torres. Bertrand should start too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I think this is the hardest game in the PL for like 2-3 years now. A draw would make me happy, a win would make me jizz!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_mv6orloWpy1ruhh4yo1_1280

Forgot to include this in the preview.

·
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:09 pm

:\

Not sure I want Webb to reff the game tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Nonsense!

Super Howie Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 pm

I'd rather have someone else.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Chris-Foy-001
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:26 pm

rofl

No, I am not really a fan of any EPL reff's but I don't like playing Manchester teams with Webb.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Webbo is a United fan. He'll ensure their biggest rivals are defeated come Sunday Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 pm

I am not so sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Well get sure Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City 2276801876
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Thumbs up 
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Eden Hazard wary of Manchester City with Vincent Kompany returning:
'When Kompany plays they win', warns Hazard
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/24/eden-hazard-chelsea-manchester-city-kompany

"Kompany is really important for City because when he plays they win and when he doesn't play they lose, often. We know his quality and we're lucky to have him in the Belgium team. I prefer to play with players like that than against them."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_mv89rceJ191ruhh4yo1_1280

banana · Chaka · banana · Chaka · banana

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:00 am

Great news, tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 am

City manager Manuel Pellegrini refusing to be dragged into playing mind games with Chelsea boss José Mourinho:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8991190/manchester-city-manager-manuel-pellegrini-refuses-to-play-mind-games

The pair have history dating back to their time in Spain, where the Portuguese replaced Pellegrini at Real Madrid after finishing second to Barcelona with a record number of points.

Mourinho announced, "Second place is just the first loser. If Madrid were to fire me, I wouldn't go to Malaga. I'd go to a top-level team in Italy or England."
But Pellegrini is not interested in revisiting past disagreements as they come face-to-face again in England for the first time on Sunday.

"I never get involved in the moment and I will not get involved now," he said.

"I don't know him. He worked in Spain, I worked in another club."

"We played Real Madrid against Malaga. Nothing more, I don't have any complaint about him."

Asked whether they were very different characters Pellegrini added: "Maybe (we have) a different way of thinking about life."
Why fight a losing battle, eh? · smoking · #amateur

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:19 am

rofl

Jose Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:25 am

Kompany out is a huge boost for us.

I still can't call it. City has their defensive problems and we've got our striker problems.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 am

I actually think it'll mirror our recent top team matches, a draw.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:28 am

You could be right
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciprian Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:12 pm

It will be a great match to watch. I'm trying to find a stream because EPL in my country isn't transmitted. Crying or Very sad 
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester City Tumblr_mvc1o4L3xV1ruhh4yo1_1280

Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:01 pm

MAN CITY XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Nasri, Yaya Toure (C), Silva, Aguero
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next