What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

+13
VivaStPauli
Cassius
Peccadillo
VanDeezNuts
DeletedUser#1
BarrileteCosmico
TalkingReckless
Firenze
Art Morte
Forza
Gil
Onyx
Kick
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How much is he worth? (in Pounds)

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 8 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 29
 
 

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He was up and coming. Now he's established and playing for a top club. His value would be a lot higher.
He was already established - really! Manuel Neuer stormed the scene when he was about 20 and became Schalke's Nr.1. The season after, he already shone in the Champion League (check "Manuel Neuer vs Porto" at youtube), and he was one of the brightest GK talents in the BL even then.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Peccadillo Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:56 am

rwo power wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:He was up and coming. Now he's established and playing for a top club. His value would be a lot higher.
He was already established - really! Manuel Neuer stormed the scene when he was about 20 and became Schalke's Nr.1. The season after, he already shone in the Champion League (check "Manuel Neuer vs Porto" at youtube), and he was one of the brightest GK talents in the BL even then.
OK I think people just have a different definition of the term "established" in the context of this conversation.. Neuer was an established keeper but not many would have placed him in any top 5 or maybe even 10 "top keepers" list. Referring to him as "one of the brightest GK talents" is indicative of a played not completely proven and still something of a prospect.

I know you aren't saying this but I think others may mean it.. He was established, but not as a world class player. Neuer is valued at 26-30mil but I doubt anyone could sign him for this unless he falls out with Bayern.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2012-08-14
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 am

5-10 but closer to 5 for me.

He's a fantastic keeper but he's said more than once he doesn't want to keep playing till his mid 30s due to his head injury so due to that i'd say not much at all as he will retire in 2-3 seasons.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:03 am

lszanto wrote:5-10 but closer to 5 for me.

He's a fantastic keeper but he's said more than once he doesn't want to keep playing till his mid 30s due to his head injury so due to that i'd say not much at all as he will retire in 2-3 seasons.
If you think about it 10m is still peanuts for someone of his caliber, Barca paid 40m for 3 seasons of intermitent football for David Villa, 40m plus Eto'o for one season of Zlatan. Chelsea paid 50m for subpar football for Fernando Torres. Liverpool paid 40m for a horrible experiment in Andy Carrol.

If you were looking for a stopgap WC keeper those 15m would be more than fair.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:05 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
lszanto wrote:5-10 but closer to 5 for me.

He's a fantastic keeper but he's said more than once he doesn't want to keep playing till his mid 30s due to his head injury so due to that i'd say not much at all as he will retire in 2-3 seasons.
If tou think about it 10m is still peanuts for someone of his caliber, Barca paid 40m for 3 seasons of intermitent football for David Villa, 40m plus Eto'o for one season of Zlatan. Chelsea paid 50m for subpar football for Fernando Torres. Liverpool paid 40m for a horrible experiment in Andy Carrol.

If you were looking for a stopgap WC keeper those 15m would be more than fair.
Yeah I guess it's just harder to judge it for a goalkeeper. He's an amazing keeper but like people have said most top teams would prefer to get somebody slightly worse and younger that will be there longer than 2 seasons.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Gil Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 am

Peccadillo wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:He was up and coming. Now he's established and playing for a top club. His value would be a lot higher.
He was already established - really! Manuel Neuer stormed the scene when he was about 20 and became Schalke's Nr.1. The season after, he already shone in the Champion League (check "Manuel Neuer vs Porto" at youtube), and he was one of the brightest GK talents in the BL even then.
OK I think people just have a different definition of the term "established" in the context of this conversation.. Neuer was an established keeper but not many would have placed him in any top 5 or maybe even 10 "top keepers" list. Referring to him as "one of the brightest GK talents" is indicative of a played not completely proven and still something of a prospect.

I know you aren't saying this but I think others may mean it.. He was established, but not as a world class player. Neuer is valued at 26-30mil but I doubt anyone could sign him for this unless he falls out with Bayern.
What are you on about? Only people who never watched football outside Real Madrid/Barca/CL didn't rate him.

He was widely regarded as the best GK in the World long before he moved to Bayern. Like a year or two before the World Cup.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Peccadillo Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am

Gil wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:
rwo power wrote:He was already established - really! Manuel Neuer stormed the scene when he was about 20 and became Schalke's Nr.1. The season after, he already shone in the Champion League (check "Manuel Neuer vs Porto" at youtube), and he was one of the brightest GK talents in the BL even then.
OK I think people just have a different definition of the term "established" in the context of this conversation.. Neuer was an established keeper but not many would have placed him in any top 5 or maybe even 10 "top keepers" list. Referring to him as "one of the brightest GK talents" is indicative of a played not completely proven and still something of a prospect.

I know you aren't saying this but I think others may mean it.. He was established, but not as a world class player. Neuer is valued at 26-30mil but I doubt anyone could sign him for this unless he falls out with Bayern.
What are you on about? Only people who never watched football outside Real Madrid/Barca/CL didn't rate him.

He was widely regarded as the best GK in the World long before he moved to Bayern. Like a year or two before the World Cup.
I'm not saying people didn't rate him.. I'm also not saying that a lot of people weren't highly confident of him becoming one of not the best in the world.. I'm just saying at the point of sale he was not established as the world class goalkeeper like Cech is now.

I disagree with you that he was "widely regarded" as the best goalkeeper in the world 2 years before South Africa.. In fact he was only the #1 for the tournament itself because Adler was injured. Having said that he was worth every penny Bayern paid for him and his age was a large factor in his price tag - Yohan's point that he would now be worth a lot more now is correct and anyone who says otherwise is a liar and a thief.

Although maybe I am exaggerating about him not making peoples top 10 when Bayern signed him.. It was certainly up for discussion at that point which it definitely is not anymore.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2012-08-14
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 am

Well, Manuel Neuer showed his class at Schalke - remember Fergie's statement in 2010 that his performance in the CL semi was "probably the best goalkeeping he had ever seen of a keeper against Manchester"?

And of course you can't discount that in 2009, he won the U21 Euro with Germany, where he also convinced the onlookers of his class. As for René Adler originally being chosen as Nr.1 before Neuer - well, that was another of Jogi Löw's choices. Personally I always prefered Neuer to Adler since he was established Nr.1 at Schalke.

BTW, the 20 (+7?) mio Euros that Bayern paid were in the last year of his contract, so they sort of already got a discount and would have had to pay way more any time earlier.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:43 pm

By established I mean the no #1 goalkeeper for a top club and one of the best in the World. It would be hard to buy such a player. Top clubs wouldn't really sell.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum