free_cat
zarola
Mr Nick09
40 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Courtois: I am a top 5 GK - Page 2 Empty Re: Courtois: I am a top 5 GK

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 pm

He lets in too many long shots (by your own admission) and fumbles too many balls...are they not errors?

If you do too many errors, are you not error prone?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I approve of this. I just played as Atleti in FIFA 14 and won three games in a row with him facing Dortmund, Chelsea, and PSG and Courtios was MOTM in all three didn't concede a single goal Very Happy
Laughing

He's top 5 at play acting :coffee:

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its not reasonable because there are like 10 better.

And I agree, there is nothing wrong with believing this is true if it gives him confidence. But saying it does nothing but make him seem arrogant and ahead of himself.

And to be fair to Cristiano and Ibra, they have performed and have years in the game, a resume. What does this guy have?
I agree with you on a lot of things on this forum and when I don't, I respect the points you make.

On this, however, you're just hating. Nothing more.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:16 pm

OK.

But could you tell me, what reason I have for hating on him? Like, why do I have a random agenda against him?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Courtois: I am a top 5 GK - Page 2 Writhing

he has Barca DNA
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Oh ffs now Forster is better than Courtois? WOW. One good game against Barca and he's better than Courtois as well... :facepalm:

May I say for the umpteenth time that Lloris is the most OVERRATED player on this forum. I was saying it for a long time that Hart was overrated on this forum, but no that he seems to be in bad form everyone's trying to act like they were of that opinion all along. The moment Lloris has a bad patch of form watch the GL "I knew it all along" pretenders storm out Laughing

No sirs, Lloris is not better than Cech. And neither is Valdes. I do agree with De Gea but only slightly.

Stop overrating players at the expense of hating on other players.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:OK.

But could you tell me, what reason I have for hating on him? Like, why do I have a random agenda against him?

Oh apparently Adler, Lloris, Zieler, Sirigu, Kiko Casilla & Julio Caesar are all better than Courtois. Why not throw in Begovic, Mignolet & Jääskeläinen while we're at it? What basis exactly you have for saying all that, because you haven't made a case for any of those goalkeepers. The flaws Courtois has as a GK, most of those other names have worse in other areas and overall as GKs aren't on the same level. Seems to me like all this "Courtois is average" talk came after that match against Madrid last season. Funny enough, NONE of the GKs mentioned anywhere in this thread except maybe Neuer & De Gea could have stopped any of those CR7 free kicks.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Go ahead and tell me how Kiko Casillas or Fraser Forster would have stopped these Laughing

Oh GL...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Don't see why its so laughable that Courtois is worse than Julio Cesar, Mignolet and Lloris....

All 3 are better honestly and you can't accuse me of hating because apparently i hate on Liverpool players and think they are shit.... Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:51 pm

how is Mignolet Better mole? or Lloris for that matter?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't see why its so laughable that Courtois is worse than Julio Cesar, Mignolet and Lloris....

All 3 are better honestly and you can't accuse me of hating because apparently i hate on Liverpool players and think they are shit.... Laughing
How exactly are any of those 3 better than him? Because they can do anything he does better than him? Or because they have some massive advantage over him?

And apparently his backup in the Belgium team is better than him. Okay brah.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Have people seen Marchetti or Handa? They are fantastic goalkeepers, despite one who has to play with a shitty defense and the other went throught turbulent times with his club

Haven't seen Courtois all that much except for the big games and the few odd games here and there, but i do share the sentiment of many others that he does fumble a bit with the ball.

But he's still young, and he can improve. But as of this moment, i'd take Handa and Marchetti over him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Courtois won the title in Belgium with a mostly shit team(not saying the league is strong btw but its top 10 in Europe). Ask Genk fans what his performance was like, and especially on the crucial last match of the season that saw them win the title.

I don't think the "average team/shitty defense" argument works.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:12 pm

He's better because he has all the strengths of Courtois but is miles better than him at reflexes and overall shot stopping.

Also the international argument don't wash.... plenty of superior players get benched for inferior players for reasons no one knows.

Aka Maicon over Alves.

Lloris is just infinitely better i don't even need to explain that one.... Lloris is one of the 5 top goalkeepers in Europe Courtois isn't even in his league he's better in pretty much every department imaginable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 pm

wats ur top 10 mole?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 pm

No, Mignolet does not have "all the strengths" Courtois has and I'll agree with the overall shot stopping point because of the long shot difficulties Courtois still has but that doesn't put him over Courtois, neither does his reflexes which Courtois is no slouch at either. FFS Mignolet has hardly played up to a quarter of a season in good form and he's suddenly better than Courtois. Amazing how that works.

And I repeat, Lloris is OVERRATED :lol:Jesus Christ, what has that bloke done to be seen as Spartacus by GL ffs :rofl:If we're overrating Mignolet based on early season form then we shouldn't even consider Lloris based on early season form as well. LOL @ top 5 GK in Europe.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Courtois is what,20?

So he'll be hitting his prime in about a decade.At his age,he's pretty much as good as a GK gets.

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
The Franchise wrote:OK.

Oh apparently Adler, Lloris, Zieler, Sirigu, Kiko Casilla & Julio Caesar are all better than Courtois. Why not throw in Begovic, Mignolet & Jääskeläinen while we're at it? What basis exactly you have for saying all that, because you haven't made a case for any of those goalkeepers. The flaws Courtois has as a GK, most of those other names have worse in other areas and overall as GKs aren't on the same level. Seems to me like all this "Courtois is average" talk came after that match against Madrid last season. Funny enough, NONE of the GKs mentioned anywhere in this thread except maybe Neuer & De Gea could have stopped any of those CR7 free kicks.
Did you even read my post? I said Julio and Lloris is better...how is that unreasonable?

The others I said, I dont know...whats the problem with that?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:41 pm

I dont see any problem with him saying it. With the form he has now and has had the past couple seasons I can see why he would think that of himself.

I personally would not consider him in the top 5 but goalkeeping can be pretty subjective some times. You can't just add up the amount of saves or goals against or clean sheets and make a top 10 list.

GK is one of those positions that can be greatly influenced for better or worse considering the team in front of you. If your defense allows more high risk shots or low risk shots can really effect how a GK looks and is rated.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:Im good with the 6 Free named, plus De Gea and Lloris. Throw in Julio Cesar, im still happier with. Even Weidenfeller I find safer.

This guy is on Joe Hart level, hes talented but error prone. He has time to grow but right now, no.

And this is not even including goalkeepers I have not seen enough of (so a whole host of possibilities in France, Germany and Italy) aswell as goalkeepers who looks at least as talented but remain untested to some degree. The Celtic goalie for instance, or Rui Patrício.

In my eyes, he is struggling to make top 10 and this is imaging he is better than every single keeper in France, Germany and Italy minus basically Neuer and Weidenfeller...which I find hard to believe.

Is he is clearly better than Muslera? Sirigu? Marchetti? Andujar (unbelievable stats btw)? Ruffier? Handanovic? Leno? Ter Stegen? Who knows, but I dont.

All these possibilities, no way is this guy the best or even really close to it.
Just to be sure, what 6 were you referring to? The first or the second?

free_cat wrote:No he isn't.

Undisputed better GK than Courtois:

Neuer, Valdés, Casillas, De Gea, Cech, Buffon.

Possibly better than him: Adler, Lloris, Ter Stegen, Zieler, Sirigu, Kiko Casilla.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Lloris,Mignolet,Lloris,Valdes,Casillas,Lopez,Neuer,Buffon,Sirigu,Cech,Handa and Wiendfeller.I think that's more than 5 and you could make a case for a few others as well.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 pm

The 6 Free said were undisputed better than him, those 6 plus Julio and Lloris for sure. Weidenfeller is also a safer goalkeeper to me, even if less talented and I prefer his safety.

Those guys are for me better, some of the other names I am not sure about.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:50 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:Lloris,Mignolet,Lloris,Valdes,Casillas,Lopez,Neuer,Buffon,Sirigu,Cech,Handa and Wiendfeller.I think that's more than 5 and you could make a case for a few others as well.
Lloris so good you named him twice :bow:

Incredible that Casillas is still seen as one of the best in the world after his form for the past 2 years now. Really amazing.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Oh and Iker, was overrated to hell (pre benching) but I cant deny that for his errors he is also clutch and comes to play in big games most of the time.

If I have to pick between him and Courtois for one game which means everything, it would have to be him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Mignolet better than Courtois Laughing

That scrub was first choice for about 2 years before Courtois took over. And magically they're on course to qualify for their first major tournament since 2002.

Find it amazing how many passes Lloris gets by the way. I can actually name far more individual errors he's committed than Courtois'.

The only thing anyone can hold against Courtois is his long range shot stopping, no idea where this myth he fumbles the ball a lot came from. Where is the video evidence of this?

Last edited by Gil on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:The 6 Free said were undisputed better than him, those 6 plus Julio and Lloris for sure. Weidenfeller is also a safer goalkeeper to me, even if less talented and I prefer his safety.

Those guys are for me better, some of the other names I am not sure about.

So you're referring to the first 6 he named, then? Of which Valdes is really nothing special(don't act like he is) and Casillas has been on bad form for about 2 years now. Alright then.

Also, Weidenfeller is safer? Not being able to perform spectacular saves makes him safer and more reliable? Didn't this man just get raped by Bayern in the CL final? Safer? And don't say its "one match" because Cech had "one match" against Bayern and was top class for Chelsea.

I agree with Neuer, Cech, De Gea & Buffon without a doubt. I'm yet to see anything that convinces me that any other name is legitimately better. I'd add Casillas too but this isn't 2010 anymore. He's being benched by his backup these days.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next