Kaladin
RedOranje
McAgger
27 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 21 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:54 pm

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140122/fichajes/el-mercado-de-fichajes-de-invierno-al-detalle_54399326421.html

i think we are linked with Hernanes there, how reliable it is hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:55 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
M99 wrote:No chance in hell we will sell De Jong.
does he still play regularly play for you? How has been his performances in this season?

He is a 100 % starter and one of the first names on the team sheet. He been one of our best players in a terrible season so far and I see no reason we will sell him anytime soon.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:56 pm

thanks M91

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Salah is landing in John Lennon Airport tonight.

Medical scheduled for tomorrow

10M fee.

Man U sign Mata, we sign Salah :facepalm:

Hope at least he doesn't vanish from the face of earth after signing (Ala Ilori, Alberto, Aspas)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:34 pm

I don't know why were not in for mata, surely if we were in for willian at 30, mata at 37 would be great.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Salah banana Egyptian Messi cheers the first Jan signing :hopefully:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Salah sounds like such a poverty signing after seeing our rivals get the likes of Matic and Mata Laughing

Hopefully he turns out to be a revelation.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 am

Your two favourite players in Sturridge and Coutinho were "poverty signings".

My only concern with Salah is that he's not ready for consisntent first team, and doesn't actually help the starting XI, it just improves the squad.

We needed to either:
A) Buy first team players to improve both squad, and the initial starting XI

And

B) Get cover for Lucas, as we lack depth in that area of the squad. (We're pretty much stacked everywhere else.)

Keep in mind we get Borini back next season, and he and Salah play the same position. If we don't get into Europe, how are we going to afford both of those players game time when Coutinho would probably be the first choice left inside forward?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 am

mr-r34 wrote:I don't know why were not in for mata, surely if we were in for willian at 30, mata at 37 would be great.

We should offer 20 for Rooney, and try get Stevie to tap him up just to piss United off.

Signing Rooney would single-handedly win us the league if he plays with Luis. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:34 am

Red Alert wrote:Your two favourite players in Sturridge and Coutinho were "poverty signings".

Never in a million years. Everyone and their cats knew they would walk straight into the first team that January. I'm not so sure about Salah.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:00 am

McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Your two favourite players in Sturridge and Coutinho were "poverty signings".

Never in a million years. Everyone and their cats knew they would walk straight into the first team that January. I'm not so sure about Salah.

Don't rewrite history. There were plenty who didn't think Coutinho would start immediately or even ever settle... concern over his fitness, strength, and other issues were quite prevalent. And as for Sturridge... I believe at least two or more posters in this very section questioned whether he would start given Suarez was playing as our CF.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:41 am

Well then I knew they would both walk straight into the team. We had goddam Downing and Sterling starting ffs. There was not a single doubt in my mind. I simply didn't like Sturridge back then but I sure as hell knew he'd start over whatever fodder we had.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:51 am

Chelsea's interest is alarmingly increasing for Salah  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 am

McAgger wrote:

He's in the same bracket as those 2 signings.

Players with potential to be world class, that just needed a run of games / experience at a top club.

Coutinho and Sturridge came into a team that was easy to get into, but they were the same kind of signing.

That's why I'm confused why we're in for Salah, when we already have Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Aspas who can all play in the final third yet lack depth in the middle of the pitch.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 am

No he's not. Both Sturridge and Coutinho were teenage prodigies who, everyone who watched them knew, had immense talents. The only problem for them was that they weren't given the platform at their older clubs (who by the way were both European giants in Inter and Chelsea) to showcase their potential. And we were very fortunate that both of their situations dictated their eventual sales. Salah is COMPLETELY different. The guy is playing in an unbelievably inferior league to that of what Coutinho/Sturridge were dealing with. His talent level is by no means a given to succeed at club like Liverpool, unlike Coutinho/Sturridge who, again, had the talent and all that was needed was to put them in the right platform towards success. Salah is punt in the dark type of signing if you will. He's hyped out of this world by the Arabian footballing world because of a couple of decent performances against Chelsea and Spurs and because they badly want one of their own to make it in the big leagues. He is NOT in the same bracket as Coutinho and Sturridge whatsoever. Even providing him with the platform for success he might just not be able to live up to the standard we need here for our starting XI.

And by no means am I writing him off at all, in fact I've bought into the hype and am very excited by his potential acquisition, however  I am not going to sit here while you sell me this bull shit. He may come good, but he is very very raw.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:41 am

And Salah isn't a teenage prodigy?

Coutinho was very very raw too... and keep in mind Coutinho "flopped" in the Serie A.

Talent is talent. It doesn't matter if you're at a "top" club, or play for an inferior one. It's not as if FC Basel haven't had talents in the past. They've made the likes of Xhaka, Rakitic and Shaqiri...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:51 am

Yeah yeah yeah I'm not going to buy it, so just stop.

Salah teenage prodigy Laughing
The guy is 21 and he has barely came into the scene. I'm sorry but that's not how I define a teenage prodigy. For one, they have to be a teenager. But that's beside the point.

What I'm saying is that he just doesn't have that sure potential that Coutinho and Sturridge had. The sort of potential where if you give them the right opportunity, with hard work you know it'll blossom. I don't see that sort of potential in Salah, granted (like yourself I'd imagine unless you sit here and tell me that you watch the Swiss leagues extensively which I won't believe) I have only seen him play against Chelsea and Tottenham around 5/6 times.

And Coutinho did not flop in Serie A. An 18 year old not getting game time in a top club is not flopping. It's just a terribly mismanaged situation. I watched him a lot at Inter under Rafa when he first started and bits and pieces after that and he did not flop, was one of the main reasons why Inter fans really liked him too, because they could see he had all the talent but wasn't getting the game time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 am

I've came out and publicly stated I've never seen Salah play live and that I'm not for the move. He, imo, reminds me of Sterling so I don't see the point in the signing. Especially when we have other priorities to handle. (Again in midfield.)

That doesn't mean he doesn't fall in the same bracket as the other 2. Again, we're buying the potential in Salah. It's another "risk" signing, aka a young player that can potentially be world class in the future. That's the same sort of attitude that sparked the interest in the other 2.

And Coutinho did in fact "flop" at Inter. Piss poor management or not. He did nothing there. That's not to say he didn't have the talent, but that doesn't exactly mean he helped the club at all. In his defence, he didn't get a run of games. But he struggled with injuries when Rafa was there, and Rafa was only there for 6 months. Keep in mind we bought him like 2 years after Rafa was sacked. (He was loaned out at Espanyol for a season and did well).
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:48 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Salah is landing in John Lennon Airport tonight.

Medical scheduled for tomorrow

10M fee.

Man U sign Mata, we sign Salah :facepalm:

Hope at least he doesn't vanish from the face of earth after signing (Ala Ilori, Alberto, Aspas)

GBP or Euro???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:55 am

Fahim89 wrote:Chelsea's interest is alarmingly increasing for Salah  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Chelsea doesn't need Salah. Chelsea wont sign Salah. If this rumor is true, Mou is a better scheming, cynical taunt than a manager he ever will be.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 am

mr-r34 wrote:I don't know why were not in for mata, surely if we were in for willian at 30, mata at 37 would be great.

Mata would have greatly increased our chances of ensuring CL next year. But I think it's not about us not wanting or trying to sign Mata rather Mata wanting to go to MU or Chelsea not wanting to sell us.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 am

Get Salah - and indeed hope he isn't another nowhere-to-be-seen ninja signing - and, if only possible, one quality CM before 1 February and it would've been a fine winter window.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 am

I had definitely questioned Coutinho, whether he will go into starting 11 immediately. I also had doubts about Studge about his selfishness and whether he can play alongside Suarez. But there was never a doubt about potential or talent for both of them. Salah, I have the same doubts again whether he will contribute the starting 11 immediately.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:33 am

Di Marzio wrote:Mohamed Salah is close to joining the EPL. Chelsea is very close to acquiring him. The Blues saw him first hand score against them, Jose’ Mourinho observed him up close. And now he is looking to acquire him, the negotiation is ongoing, they are discussing the deal on the basis of 15 million euro plus bonuses, but it’s not done yet. Liverpool is now behind Chelsea, who wants to close the deal with Juan Mata on verge of signing for Manchester United. Salah is getting his suitcase ready.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:21 am

S wrote:
Di Marzio wrote:Mohamed Salah is close to joining the EPL. Chelsea is very close to acquiring him. The Blues saw him first hand score against them, Jose’ Mourinho observed him up close. And now he is looking to acquire him, the negotiation is ongoing, they are discussing the deal on the basis of 15 million euro plus bonuses, but it’s not done yet. Liverpool is now behind Chelsea, who wants to close the deal with Juan Mata on verge of signing for Manchester United. Salah is getting his suitcase ready.

cheers :bow: banana drinking rofl eco smile :wub: 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:23 am

give chances to Sterling and Ibe, simply forget Slahaha if he is choosing benchski over us

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next