Kaladin
RedOranje
McAgger
27 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 17 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Oh, right, okay, I didn't notice it was only a loan now. €3m for a half-a-season loan is a lot, btw, especially since I though Roma are OK in midfield.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Looks like me have missed out on Fernando (if we were truly in for him)  :facepalm: . Seems like Milan snapped him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Probably too much wage demands and signing on fee.Not worth it imo when we have Lucas and Allen already for DM.

Should go for someone lot younger for DM who wont complaint sitting on the bench.Either way priority should be signing attacking players (wing/AM) this window.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Milan beating out anyone over money these days is a story in itself Laughing I don't think that's what happened or Liverpool were being incredibly cheap...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:35 pm

We were never actually in for him. He's just been rumored to us by some shitty tabloid.

Also Milan haven't signed him yet. Don't believe everything you read.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 pm

We have not signed him. We will not sign anyone until we sell first. but Fernando is indeed a target and I do believe we will bid for him (unless someone else buys him first)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:35 am

Reges will sign a new contract with Porto.

If he is to be sold, it'll be in the summer. The contract is imminent.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Such a boring window this is turning out to be. Either the club is holding all its cards close to chest or we're just clueless on who to buy.

I hope it's the former and if so then I commend the committee for it because that's exactly how a club should be run during the transfer window.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:45 pm

James Pearce wrote:"I wouldn't say that Salah is anywhere near being done. Liverpool have been quoted £13m by Basel and they won't go that high. It remains to be seen whether one of the other clubs in for him agree to pay that amount, or whether the Reds can agree a compromise with the Swiss outfit. Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when they believe Salah would be available for less. As for other deals, I don't think anything is close. Most business is done in January towards the end of the window and I'm sure that will once again be the case."
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:30 pm

McAgger wrote:
James Pearce wrote:"I wouldn't say that Salah is anywhere near being done. Liverpool have been quoted £13m by Basel and they won't go that high. It remains to be seen whether one of the other clubs in for him agree to pay that amount, or whether the Reds can agree a compromise with the Swiss outfit. Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when they believe Salah would be available for less. As for other deals, I don't think anything is close. Most business is done in January towards the end of the window and I'm sure that will once again be the case."

If we're not willing to pay £13m for a player, I don't think Rodgers sees that player as a serious improvement then anyway. Sterling is worth that, at least.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm

only time I realise that transfer window is open, when I come across this thread.
Art has a point there and I think 12-13m€ can be his right price hmm I think we also had to do hard bargaining before we got Cou last window so we might sign him near the end od Jan. Frrrack we even for GOATridge for the the same price

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Meh I rather we be hard negotiators than get ripped off like we used to with Comolli. We used to the bud of the jokes in the transfer window ffs, I bet whenever a team came across us back in the day was thinking "oh it's Liverpool, let's rip them off, that would be 10m extra for them".
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:47 pm

The very reliable James Pearce on LFC:

"Thanks for all your questions. Sorry I couldn't answer all of them. We will do this again over the coming weeks. What I will say is that LFC is certainly a much more attractive proposition for prospective signings now than it was last summer. And Suarez penning that new deal will also help in the battle to secure reinforcements. It was a show of ambition from the club and hopefully we'll see more of that later in this windiow."

1:52 pm
James Pearce
@yacrsyed: Is it true that Alexandru Maxim is Rodger's 1st choice with Salah as a backup plan?

"Not heard anything about any interest in Maxim."

1:51 pm
James Pearce
Dean Roberts (Facebook): Should we risk paying over the odds prices (like the £14million Zenit are reportedly willing to pay for Salah) for a decent player to strengthen our squad or should we stick with the FSG philosophy and spend our money more wisely? After all no one wants another Andy Carroll.

"I can't see FSG changing tact as they have a strategy they intend to keep to. I can't say whether Salah is worth £13m as I don't watch much Swiss League football. You can't make a judgement on 2 games against Chelsea in Europe. What I would say is that I hope FSG realise the opportunity facing LFC this month. Imagine missing out on 4th place by a couple of points and the £40m you get from qualifying for the Champions League, and being left to rue that extra few million you decided not to cough up in January...."

1:46 pm
James Pearce
@Capetown_bru: Is challenging for the title still realistic now that we are well into the New Year? Do we continue fighting for 4th?

"You have to aim for the top but I don't think the title is realistic. I expect Man City, who have the most talented squad by some distance, to win it comfortably in the end. This season was all about Liverpool trying to force their way back into the top 4 and they are on course to achieve that."

1:43 pm
James Pearce
@texasforever: With Rossiter and Brannagan making the bench, why hasn't Joao Carlos been able to get on there yet?

"Joao Carlos Teixeira isn't viewed at that same level yet. He needs to go out on loan and gain more experience. He had a short spell at Brentford earlier in the season and Liverpool need to find another lower league club for him."

1:40 pm
James Pearce

@Pwillente: Can you see us cancelling the two loan players contracts if we sign replacements or will the stay as cover? (Moses/Cissokho)

"With such a small squad I can't see Rodgers offloading anyone during this window. Tiago Ilori was expected to go out on loan but even that might have to be scrapped now due to Agger's injury. As for Cissokho and Moses, both have flopped at Anfield but the only way LFC could cancel the loans is if Valencia and Chelsea agree to have them back. I can't see that happening. Loans are always a gamble and these 2 haven't pad off."

1:37 pm
James Pearce
Dave Noonan (Facebook): Why do the reds seem to get so close but not go the extra yard to get a player?

"The club have a transfer committee who draw up targets and put a value on players. They won't go above those figures which means there are bound to be occasions when they are out bid by rival clubs. That can be frustrating but the reality is that the owners want value for money."

1:35 pm
James Pearce
@_rickblaine: anything happening on the replacing McParland/Borrell front?

"Good question. It's all gone quiet on that front. Alex Inglethorpe is currently running the Academy and Liverpool don't seem in any rush to appoint replacements. I get the impression they might wait until the summer."

1:33 pm
James Pearce
@BanderLFC: What about Morata, Is true we are interested and want on loan?

"I've heard nothing about any LFC interest in Morata. With Sturridge now back training and Suarez flying I don't believe signing a striker is a priority for Rodgers during this window."

1:31 pm
James Pearce
@JohnnyO_L: Have the club shut up shop re transfers, seems very quiet!?

"No, they haven't. If you look around all the Premier League clubs, very little business has been done so far. It's only Jan 9. I know Sturridge was wrapped up in advance last year but that was the exception to the rule. The longer the window goes on, the more active clubs will become. I still expect Liverpool to make additions to their squad."

1:28 pm
James Pearce
Michael Phillips (Facebook): Any chance of signing Mata?

"There is more chance of Liverpool signing you Micheal! I think Mata would be ideal for Brendan Rodgers' side but Chelsea simply wouldn't sell him to Liverpool. The clubs are rivals at the top end of the table this season and the Londoners aren't going to do anything to help the Reds' pursuit of glory."

1:25 pm
James Pearce
@James_cou10 asked via Twitter are the club interested in bringing in a big hitter this window? Eg a £20m+ signing.

"The owners insist that kind of money is available to spend for the right player. However, Liverpool found back in the summer that landing top class players in that bracket is tough when you are operating outside the Champions League. Rodgers was confident of getting Henrikh Mkhitaryan before his head was turned by Dortmund. Diego Costa's agent used Liverpool's interest to get an improved new deal for the striker at Atletico and the owners wouldn't pay the £30m Shakhtar Donetsk wanted for Willian. Despite the fallout at the time, 6 months on it's hard to argue with that as the Brazilian has shown little for Chelsea to suggest he's worth that kind of figure."

1:20 pm
James Pearce
@TARISMOOTH asked apart from Salah's deal, which other deal is expected soon?

"I wouldn't say that Salah is anywhere near being done. Liverpool have been quoted £13m by Basel and they won't go that high. It remains to be seen whether one of the other clubs in for him agree to pay that amount, or whether the Reds can agree a compromise with the Swiss outfit. Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when they believe Salah would be available for less. As for other deals, I don't think anything is close. Most business is done in January towards the end of the window and I'm sure that will once again be the case."

1:15 pm
James Pearce
I think the right-back situation is something which probably won't be addressed until the summer. Johnson's form has dipped in recent months and you wonder whether that's got anything to do with his contract situation. Only 18 months left to run and I can't see him signing a new one as he would have to accept a pay cut. It wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool sold him in the summer as they won't allow a situation to develop where he leaves for nothing in the summer of 2015.

1:12 pm
James Pearce
@Swerrard: You think the club is looking for a new right back? Johnson being so poor for so long now surely makes the club think?

1:11 pm
James Pearce
@AubreyLiam on Twitter asked what position do you think that needs most improving and why?

"I think it's pretty clear that Liverpool need a left-back and greater depth in midfield - both centrally and out wide. Rodgers was keen to sign a top class left-back last summer but it didn't happen. They couldn't agree a fee for Siqueira and they ended up getting Cissokho on loan, who simply isn't good enough. Flanagan will be back fit soon but long term he's a much better option on the right. As for midfield, I think another option is needed to complement Gerrard, Lucas, Allen and Henderson. Plus out wide, with Moses having struggled so badly a wide man is required to ensure Coutinho doesn't have to operate wide, he's wasted out there."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reread-liverpool-fc-transfer-webchat-6481696
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabRomano21 2m
Napoli ready to ask M'Vila on loan to Rubin Kazan, with buy clause of 10M€ for june. Liverpool interrupted talks more than 1 week ago #LFC

Reporter of Sky Sports Italy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:56 pm

I don't understand what he means by 'interrupted talks'. Is he saying we interrupted Napoli's talks with M'Vila or that we broke off our own talks with Rubin 1 week ago?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 pm

We broke off discussions with Rubin a week ago.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:36 pm

RedOranje wrote:We broke off discussions with Rubin a week ago.

Well then you know this guy has no clue what he's talking about and his only source of LFC being for M'Vila is that he appeared on the stands in the derby.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 pm

James Pearce?  The Liverpool FC correspondent for the Liverpool Echo?  Yea, I'm sure he has absolutely NO idea what he's talking about.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 pm

James Pearce==Fabrizio Romano hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Talking about Fabrizio Romano Red
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Thought you were referring to something from the Pearce questions, my apologies.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:39 am

Now well Fabrizio said we interrupted as in showed interest a week back. But the scenario as Red has said vaporized after that.

Btw Fabrizio is part of the team of Gianluca Di Marzio a very popular journalist of Sky who in some ranks considered very reliable. Anyhow doesn't prove anything he said is fully reliable but then again we can keep it in thoughts.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:24 am

RWO told me that Basel values Salah around GBP 13 million. Don't understand why they are now holding-off. In fact, even that amount seems to be premium to me.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:00 am

Well Ifthi the problem is that our committee doesn't value Salah at 13m according to Pearce.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 am

iftikhar wrote:RWO told me that Basel values Salah around GBP 13 million. Don't understand why they are now holding-off. In fact, even that amount seems to be premium to me.

Salah seems unlikely now . .  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:02 am

If we seriously don't value Salah up to £13m then I don't know why we're after him. Hopeful bargains in the summer window didn't turn out that great, our next signing should not be one of those.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next