Motogp69
rwo power
McAgger
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roma || the Kings of Football - Page 2 Empty Re: Roma || the Kings of Football

Post by Suarez99 Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:43 am

Still think it will go tits up for them this season.

I remember Mainz having a start like this in Germany a few years back, never amounted to anything.

You cant lose players of the quality of Lamela & Marquinhos and not feel the effects at some point imo.

Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Suarez99 wrote:Still think it will go tits up for them this season.

I remember Mainz having a start like this in Germany a few years back, never amounted to anything.

You cant lose players of the quality of Lamela & Marquinhos and not feel the effects at some point imo.
Not even close to the same thing.They have brought in adequate replacements and they have never had a more balanced team than now in recent times.

Midfield is incredibly balanced and is of top quality.Defense is solid.Once Ljajic settles in well ,the attack would look even better.They have Destro in the reserves too.Lamela is a loss alright but Gervinho has already filled in his boots and firing on all cylinders.

I think they deserve more respect than being compared to an average Bundesliga side because this team has a lot of quality and talent at its disposal.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 pm

KennethCole wrote:Serie A hasnt been this interesting since well long long time ago.

Just when you thought Juve will walk it , Roma comes out with this outstanding form.

I hope they keep it up.
this.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:26 pm

After the derby against Lazio , i've officialy considered Roma as challengers for Serie A. Now it's 7 out of 7 with an outstanding 20 goals / 1 conceded and they don't have problems with injuries . The point were it was just a great start is gone by now. It's not just a great start and despite what Garcia says , his team think of themselves very capable of doing it and that's what they are aiming for . They confirmed what i thought with a bang last night as well.

Roma has the team , has the confidence , has the manager who can apply his very own ideas with the players he has and overall they have quality and depth. As if all that ain't enough , they don't have to play in Europe , they have the whole week to prepare for games , Totti has all the rest he needs to continue having fun on the field and generally speaking , they have absolutely everything they need. Winning Juventus or Napoli won't change much either other than adding to prestige, if they keep going like that they are winning Serie A this season. I've predicted they could go for Serie A last season , but it seems that was a season too soon , now it's definitely official to me at least.

They will only have to reinforce a little bit during January , even if it is just for precaution reasons. Other than that , lmao about Lamela and Marquinhos. Of course , they are fine players and they have been considered important for Roma's future too , but they are not missed on the field , which ultimately is what counts. Their replacements are doing fine , if not better like in Benatia's case.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:37 pm

McAgger wrote:Now I got a question to Roma fans specifically. From what I've seen defense and midfield picks itself every time. However from the seven matches so far it looks like Rudi likes to rotate the front 3. He's given multiple starts to Gervinho, Borriello, Florenzi, and Ljajic. Now Totti is too godly to be dropped, and I think Florenzi is another who is justifiably almost always on the team sheet. So what would you say your best front 3 is with everyone fit and firing? Specifically against a stronger team?
For me it would be:

Totti - Florenzi - rotated forward/winger

On paper it should be Gervinho as he gives you the most and allows Florenzi to go where he wants because he can competently cover both wings. However, as the Captain Totti has to play if he's fit and his legs are there, and Florenzi is just to much to handle with his speed and intensity that he needs to play to make the back line work and disconnect them from the opposing teams midfield.

Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Ljajic still isn't fully fit so he's only really been used as a sub, which works fine for us since he's been an absolute super sub. He's scored everytime he's come off the bench essentially.

I remember a player who went on to become a Roma fan favorite who started his Roma career in much the same vein....that man was Mirko Vucinic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Honestly speaking, i think Roma has all the qualities to win Serie A this year, to top it off, they are not playing in Europe, which was Juventus Situation 2 years ago. They have the quality and depth to withhold this year. Although i would MAYBE add a striker and let Borriello leave (he really doesnt seem to fit in Garcia's plan), but that would be icing on the cake. Who knows maybe another depth defender could also work.

And to think that Bradley hasnt even played yet.....oooooh my god
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:34 pm

this whole Forum was dumping on Roma when Lamela and Osvaldo were sold Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm

I watched serie a last week, can't remember what game but I was bored to tears after ten minutes as the game was boring and slow. It doesn't have the excitement of the prem and la liga and I would put the league in the same breath as the French and Portugal leagues. It was good up until 2001 but then dropped off and died a slow death
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Grooverider wrote:I watched serie a last week, can't remember what game but I was bored to tears after ten minutes as the game was boring and slow. It doesn't have the excitement of the prem and la liga and I would put the league in the same breath as the French and Portugal leagues. It was good up until 2001 but then dropped off and died a slow death
lol
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Grooverider wrote:I watched serie a last week, can't remember what game but I was bored to tears after ten minutes as the game was boring and slow. It doesn't have the excitement of the prem and la liga and I would put the league in the same breath as the French and Portugal leagues. It was good up until 2001 but then dropped off and died a slow death
Serie A, like black coffee, is an acquired taste.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 pm

cocaine is one helluva drug...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:10 pm

S wrote:They've dominated every opposition so far.20 goals scored to 1 goal conceded is simply an outstanding start.They've always been an attacking side but the big difference in this current side is how they've defended as a unit.If you look at that backline ,there's not a big difference in personnel from last year.Part of it has been down to the really strong midfield too.
They're shaping up nicely as a team.They look like more of a 'team' than ever before.
Benatia has been solid for years in Serie A though.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:54 am

Benatia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marquinhos

Said it before the season even started.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Grooveride wtf are u talking about son? Damn where did this ignorant come from? Wao. Keep watching ur "best" league in the world the Premier and stop hating. Serie A is the HARDEST and most competitive but how the hell u would know. Read a book
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Serie A: 3 CLs and a WC (almost all domestic players) after 2001.
La Liga: 3 CLs and a WC (mostly domestic players) after 2001.
EPL: 3 CLs after 2001.
BuLi: 1 CL after 2001.
Primeira Liga (Portugal): 1 CL after 2001.
France: 0 CLs after 2001.

Dying a slow death since 2001 :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down