Post by Dante Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Andrea Poli Andrea-poli

Started from the bottom Proud

Andrea Poli 20130809_page-46-b-rubie

Now he is here Proud

Andrea Poli Poli_2_big

Andrea fk Swagg Poli :bow::bow:
__

He had his birthday yesterday ( like Shevchenko Proud) , turned 24. Happy birthday Andrea. For many , Milan's best transfer of the season already , he shown he is capable of great things with the Rossonero shirt. Fantastic link up play , delicate passing , focused during games , good tracking back and soundly involved tactically , he has already scored 2 goals-1 assist this season , he is well on his way to become a very important player for Milan . Can't wait for him to ostracize Muntari , that will be his biggest achievement in my eyes Proud

Dostoevsky's dream signing Poli , though i am sure lots of guys around here wanted him at Milan as well , is proving himself to be quite the addition to our team . Quite surprised we hadn't already an appreciation thread for Poli , we will need it many times Proud

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Andrea Poli Empty Re: Andrea Poli

Post by Forza Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:45 pm

:bow:

Poli was player of that month in August, so that was somewhat of an appreciation thread.

He was one of the only signings we made that showed any vision for the future, and that was true to the young Milan strategy. The other signings were just band-aids.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Also, he joins Milan from Inter in the great tradition of Silvestre, Muntari and Amantino Mancini. GOATS. Or rather Pirlo, Seedorf and Crespo... scrubs.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Wouldn't mind the next scrub to be Kovacic :coffee:

I am satisfied with Poli for now though , next to Muntari and Nocerino looks like Schweinsteiger in my eyes Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:22 pm

One of my favorite players Smile He will do great things once the full squad is fit, DePoLivo tomorrow would be a joy to watch :F

#saveusAllegri
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:20 pm

One of our bright signings in what has been an unremarkable summer. Love him Smile
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Forza wrote:Also, he joins Milan from Inter in the great tradition of Silvestre, Muntari and Amantino Mancini. GOATS. Or rather Pirlo, Seedorf and Crespo... scrubs.

This is, just.......

Andrea Poli Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaVZI8aRsbfThuWmFvsJPKcUJm0HKGESLZyh5wdZKR3GyxCB95tQ
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:28 am

We were soooooooo close to swapping Nocerino for Alvarez, dam!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

I like Noce. I wouldn't want Inter to have him , not even for Alvarez. He's good for depth and he's passionate for Milan , gets along well with everyone. Not playing regularly hinders him , but we all have seen what he is capable of.

Of course , Milan is a lot different now in comparison to a couple of years ago . We no longer play the same without Ibrahimovic and Cassano and life on the field has been difficult for him . Nocerino can still offer plenty when Kaka and Ses are both on the field though. I am pretty sure it will become obvious if the time arrives.

If it doesn't , we still have Poli Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:27 am

SWAG

Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 am

Should always be a starter.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

He already would be , if not for Muntari who has been been in the form of his life so far ..
In any case. I don't think Poli hasn't been misused so far . He has played many games and this is just his very beginning. It's obvious he's concedered important already and if he hasn't played 100% of games from the start , well what can i say ; it's normal . Muntari's peak form has played the best part of it , but there were certain games where we needed Muntari's steel and grit right from the start .

Let's also not forget he still needs to reach that level where he understands his teammates moves inside out , he's still not there even if he's on a very good start.

Having said that . In San Siro , he should be starting if he's fit and all. He's more relaxed at home and has more confidence in his abilities , at least from what i can tell . Obviously he should have started last night , who knows , he could even prove to be the difference at some point had he been in the 11 from the start.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:48 pm

i still dont get it. poli is not a regular despite doing everything right, and not just right, he has been hella impressive and beyond what we had expected of him.

de jong and him is the only midfielders i can praise

De Jong had 114 correct pass against Genoa (97%), he had 23 correct long pass (100%), 3 key passes and an assist #Beast

i couldnt find poli stats but in previous games he had better pass and possession rate than montolivo!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:14 am

but poli has been playing a lot. and in important matches too. i believe its safe to say he is a regular , even though nobody can play all the time.one of the positives so far
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Difference was obvious. Notice the difference when that clown of abomination Muntari is absent while Poli plies his role within midfield. Yes he was starved of space and freedom within tonight's 4-3-2-1 yet performed wonderfully after a near invisible 1st half. He is what Aaron Ramsey is too Arsenal or Claudio Marchisio to Juventus; tactically very important and contributes on so many ends that has our system function to perfectly compliment the creator in Montolivo and the destroyer in De Jong. Literally the only player in Milan at the moment onto whose decisions do not have me shaking my head in disapproval. Can do it all and does it frequently.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Have to say that Montolivo upped his game tonight after having a string of disappointing matches, hopefully he keeps it up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:14 am

with poli, our midfield is way better than muntari. a little bit of polishing in keeping posession and not loosing ball cheaply (montolivo), then we could be very strong.

cant wait to see el sharawwy back because he would give massive hand both in offense and defense.

but poli once again simple but effective game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Technicaly speaking , it is better when Poli is playing , a lot better. Simple and basic stuff on the ball are executed better and more often thus meaning better football . Poli is a very nice player and above all he's constantly improving. He also has these magical moments where his instinct to escape tight marking with an unexpected dribble , is always a reason to applaud. These can be key moments , which can turn even the most unthinkable of goal scoring scenarios to a classic chance even. There aren't many players who can do that , especially in his position.

Defensively speaking though , Poli has room to improve. He's not a burden by any means , yet i've noticed he's not always sure with his positioning when we have to defend . I am not worried or critical about how many times he will steal a ball , for a player of his mould , marking can always improve , i am ok with that. Sometimes he seems unsure in his decision making unless it's obviously clear whom he has to chase or mark. To follow the plan or go straight at him , something like that.. with age he will leave that behind him and he's definitely doing well despite some small issues. I also seem to notice he sometimes seems unwilling to sprint in front of the ball but wants to receive it with a parallel pass - back passes and then send it forward. It's not wrong. But it is my opinion he has to try to move forward more without the ball , especially when Montolivo and De Jong are playing , he doesn't have to do that so often . Obviously when he's helping Abate on the right wing , it's for the best that he sends him the ball to sprint or to drive it forward , lol , but that sometimes leaves our potential hindered , given Abate's lack of vision 'at the last minute' . I believe that can only improve with time , so whilst i am mentioning it , i am not really critical of that. It's something that will become natural to them with time and one cannot hope to see this all the time being succesfull.

Poli is very usefull looking at the full picture , and i am saying all that not to downplay Poli , but to praise his performances so far and so soon! And also to bring a point on Muntari. Muntari may be a mediocre player , but as a footballer in a bigger plan , we do have need of him.

There are matches when we need Muntari on the field , in order to enable different characteristics into our game . Especially when teams enable offensive based "midfields" , Muntari can always come in handy. Poli is a bright player and i am so glad we finally have him on our side , but he's still not unmovable from the lineup and untill he can reach that point , i believe we have to be patient and show Muntari at least the minimum respect and support.

Goodness knows how many times i've been pissed with his lack of composure and limited technique on the ball when being pressed , but i have to give it to him . He's a fighter who always wants to honour the shirt when he wears it , even though he never learned to draw the line between confidence and over confidence. Aside that which is what defines if he will have a good game or not , he's determinated and combative against better players. Also a great bonus is his impressive overall fitness , meaning he can help his teammates for a very long period in a game. That is great help , to exhaust himself like that in order for others to have room to attack .. we need that , maybe not always or that often , but we do need Muntari.  

I am not mad when i see Muntari on the lineup , not as i used to at least , lmao. I just question if it's the right match for Muntari to be involved , both before and after the match is over and combine that with how he does. As for Poli , he is always a pleasure to watch him start . He's on the right path and it won't take too long before he benches Muntari for real. Muntari will remain relatively usefull though , despite his limits.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:34 am

Next game we will see Poli as CB
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 pm

As RB you mean. Worst case scenario we play De Jong there if there's absolutely nobody else , though maybe Zaccardo or Mexes can make it back for Catania. There's also Vergara , lol
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down