The Franchise
billy_gr
MaraVilla
Harmonica
windkick
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Empty FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013

Post by windkick Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:55 am

UEFA Champions League
FC Barcelona x AFC Ajax
Camp Nou
Wednesday, September 17 1:45 PM (CT)

FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Tumblr_msay1mdFUg1r5de3so2_250FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Tumblr_msay1mdFUg1r5de3so6_250

FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Tumblr_msay1mdFUg1r5de3so3_250FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Tumblr_msay1mdFUg1r5de3so8_250
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Empty Re: FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Should be the easiest game in the group, and at the same time the most must win of them, as others could get tricky.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 Empty Re: FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013

Post by MaraVilla Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Barca to win 5-3, bojan with a hatrick cheers 
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:14 pm

damn this gif
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:26 am

Confirmed player list vs Ajax

FC Barcelona vs AFC Ajax | UCL Group Stage | Sept 18, 2013 BUXEQOVCcAEGTOV
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Im going to assume today we will see.

Dani A - Pique - Mascherano - Adriano

- Busquets - Iniesta -

Alexis -        - Cesc -          -Neymar

- Messi -
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Barcelona line-up (official): Valdes - Alves Pique Mascherano Adriano - Cesc Busquets Iniesta - Alexis Messi Neymar #fcblive

Bench Barcelona: Pinto, Montoya, Bartra, Song, Xavi, Pedro, Tello #fcblive
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 pm

as dani said then...

ok, good luck guys
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Messi!
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:06 pm

very meh so far. and messi should have passed at the 2nd goal
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 pm

What was Sanchez thinking?

Messi Hat trick!
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 pm

billy_gr wrote:very meh so far. and messi should have passed at the 2nd goal
Scores an important and individual goal when Barca played badly and needed one, scores a hat-trick. And he's the only player you criticize? This section is really becoming tiring.

Feels always like that Batman quote - He's the hero Barca deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:14 pm

by the time I wrote this it wasn't a hat trick. Just his second goal. And the fact that he scored doesn't mean that he shouldn't have passed.

In any case, I am delighted we have Messi in the team. It seems for another year that other than him we can't expect from others to score.

No matter the possition everyone is looking for messi in the pitch
Sad but true.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

The pressing in the first half wasnt bad, it was non existant. Woeful. I have no idea what the plan was, but what I saw was painful.

Guys like Poulsen with so much time and space to turn in the midfield. I have no idea what Cesc or Iniesta were thinking, but the time afforded to the Ajax midfield was incredible.

It was so obvious, I am surely to assume we by design didnt press. But then, I ask myself, why is Dani Alves and Alexis tearing around making shuttle sprints time and time again? And I ask myself, when we actually did press we caused various errors....I have no idea what has happening out there.

Free_cat said maybe Barca shouldnt press anymore except goalkicks and to be fair, minus the Adriano losing his man at the back and one or two bad clearances, Ajax didnt create a whole lot in that first. However, it was awful to watch and allowing such inferior players like Poulsen time on the ball makes totally no sense. So, if more first half's like that (in terms of not pressing and staying behind the ball) is what Free has in mind, I have to say no thank you, watching it was infuriating.

Clearly at HT something was said because from the start of the second till some point around the 70-75 minute mark, we pressed high again.

I would really like to see Tata speak about this game, because I for one was not happy with alot of what I saw, ignoring the result.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:16 am

Is the game worth watching/downloading? I always miss UCL games in the group stage and have to watch them later but I'm strapped for time at the moment and I'm just wondering if the game is even worth watching...?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Badamdar Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 am

billy_gr wrote:
Sad but true.
Only 3-4 players in history got that kind of treatment. I can remember Maradona, Zidane and Messi. The players which everybody is looking for. But unlike other two, Messi has 2 great abilities: playmaking+scoring

So there is a reason why everybody is looking for Messi. If somebody asked you who would you like to start the attack from midfield? if you had chance to choice only 1 player. You would gladly say Messi. Again if someone asked who would you like to finish that chance? you would say give it to Messi. So Barcelona players also think like that (time by time)

Except defense, Messi is the most dangerous player in all positions on the pitch with the ball at his feet, doesnt matter wing, midfield or attack. So its easy to understand why Messi gets all the balls, because he will do the best thing out of it (compared to others)

Badamdar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 am

Depends.

If you want to be annoyed but at the same time, still impressed by some good moments (mostly the goals) then sure.

Not a must see game by any means though. Highlights would probably do, I wouldnt want to watch scrubs like Poulsen look more like Busquets than Busquets because of all the time on the ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:45 am

Shout of for Valdes who is proving that his last few games are not a matter of form but of class. The game could've ended very differently if not for him and his recent performances are a big reason for our recent cleansheets.

Was glad to see Bartra come in for Pique. Glad he came on but when the game was all done and dusted at 80 minutes I feel like it wasn't really formative. Also felt that Masche should've been the one to get the sub for giving away such a stupid penalty.

Adriano's decision making and passing ticked me off a bit but defensively he was much stronger than Alba.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:57 am

Mascherano had his first below par game of the season for me.

His clearances were pretty bad all night, gave shaky passes (right from the start with that back pass to Valdes) and jumping into that slide tackle in that position was just plain stupid.

Pique actually had a good game and didnt do much wrong, other than one pass he made sideways which was cut out when he got a ball in midfield. You just cant misplace passes going across the pitch in the middle, always a danger.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:24 am

Can someone tell me how was Neymar playing?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 am

IMO

Top Players: Valdes, Neymar, Pique

Flops: Alexis, Adriano, Mascherano, Cesc

Really liking Neymar. You can see his confidence gaining as the matches pass by. It's also refreshing to see a player willing to take players on and be good at it. Plus he looks like the goals will eventually start to flow in, and has had some really great set ups and assists so he is deff helping the attack.

Alexis had one of his usual first couple seasons with Barca type of match. Lots of running, flopping, complaining, losing the ball and making bad decisions. Also had a GREAT opportunity to score, and as vintage Alexis would do, he missed wide. Hope he gets back to the form he had before tonight because he was starting to look like he was going to turn the ship around

Pique had one of his better games this season. Also showed how much of a benefit having a tall striker would do us. We do a TON of crosses per match and Messi half the time is in midfield now. Messi has been playing so much on the right this season anyway that we might of as well got Llorente who was free and moved Messi over and shipped Alexis with a bag of Catalan candy to Chile.

Masch has been GREAT this season but not tonight. Like Alexis, fail to a typical last season type of game. Pretty horrible. That said it was his first bad game this season so hopefully he turns it around

Valdes is legit on fire. Maybe he is playing his ass off trying to attract clubs and trying to get himself a chance to be the start for the World Cup...whatever it is he has been fantastic

The constant hauling ass of Alexis and Neymar really shows just how much Messi slouches around waiting to get the balls so he can work his magic. As the years pass he seems to be getting worse and worse at this. But if if in the long run it makes him having a longer "prime" then who am I to complain?

And where was the pressing? I wonder if the pressing was toned down more than usual by Tata to see if that would help the defense out a bit. But they can't play like this vs the big teams...

Glad Bartra came on and got such a massive ovation. Hopefully that gives Tata the idea that this guy should play more

And Bojan should get a shout out. Had a decent game and almost set up an early equalizer for Ajax
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:47 am

Thanks windkick Smile

I am glad that Neymar is continuing his good form. I too noticed that Messi is roaming on the right a lot. I think that might be good as it makes the defenses stretch towards him leaving Neymar and the player in center a bit more free than usual.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:23 am

Right, but it also means he has to run forward from like midfield and even though his runs are great it also means we don't have any kind of forward up front from time to time.

It's like this....

Neymar---------------------------Alexis
-----Iniesta------------------------------
------------------Cesc-----Messi--------
-------------Busquests------------Alves
Adriano------------------Pique----------
--------------Masch----------------------
------------------Valdes-----------------

really bizarre shit we got going on at the moment. So Messi go running forward, then passes to Alexis who couldn't finish a sandwich. And Neymar has been running into a wall and will pass to Iniesta which stops play. Matter of fact, Messi's second goal came from the right. So he is still solid on the right, and I think we could do with a striker now. Maybe I just see Eto'o with Chelsea and I remember when we had him, with Messi and Henry on each side Sad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 am

Badamdar wrote:
billy_gr wrote:
Sad but true.
Only 3-4 players in history got that kind of treatment. I can remember Maradona, Zidane and Messi. The players which everybody is looking for. But unlike other two, Messi has 2 great abilities: playmaking+scoring

So there is a reason why everybody is looking for Messi. If somebody asked you who would you like to start the attack from midfield? if you had chance to choice only 1 player. You would gladly say Messi. Again if someone asked who would you like to finish that chance? you would say give it to Messi. So Barcelona players also think like that (time by time)

Except defense, Messi is the most dangerous player in all positions on the pitch with the ball at his feet, doesnt matter wing, midfield or attack. So its easy to understand why Messi gets all the balls, because he will do the best thing out of it (compared to others)
Let me set this straight cause I don’t want to be misunderstood.
I love Messi, how couldn’t I?
And it’s logical to get the majority of the passes and chances. Thing is even he can be shut off.
With teams like Ajax it’s not an issue but when major defensive sides overload him with marking then he needs to find an available man. Which he does, but even I remember instances when these other guys instead of taking the shot they try to find Messi back again.
All I’m saying is I want some attacking initiative from the others too.
At least Neymar seems to be trying in this direction
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 am

Whats with Dutch teams? Just curious. They have for at least the past decade lagged behind all the other major leagues in terms of level. Nowadays they consistent get well beaten in CL and Europe in general. I think this Ajax team looked a bit like a youth team, nothing very impressive at all, and they are the best team there?

For us see the difference Xavi came on for Cesc, I guess it just shows that different they are.

Too bad Sanchez couldnt finish that team goal, would have been beautiful.

Very happy with Neymar again, hes so far better than Pedro by comparison now and Im glad hes clearly worked out for us quickly Smile

Very happy with Tata so far needless to say.

We still have weaknesses but good progress.

Oh and another blunder by Macherano..... and still we continue to rely on him as out last line of dense and first choice CB. I hope Tata will find a solution for this.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next