Dutti
TalkingReckless
sportsczy
Soul
EarlyPrototype
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Need a new laptop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Need a new laptop!

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Gaming is better on consoles imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Nah wouldn't recommend Macbook or most apple laptops for gaming. Games are 95% released on Windows platform and sometimes they are not ported to macs. Like Crysis for example.

You can play them on mac using an emulator and making the macbook basically a windows virtual platform but if you want it for games then better buy a windows laptop.

But if gaming isn't your ultimate goal then macbooks are good. I'll try show you few laptops later around 600-700
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Need a laptop for uni coming up in a month

Willing to spend up to $1000

Suggestions? Not concerned with being able to play the beast games with super graphics or anything, though I'd like to play most of the games on steam at reasonable settings. Otherwise, just need a functional, solid laptop that is easy to move around.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:24 am

Check out the Lenovo Y series laptops Y40 and Y50 are nice

and this site is your friend
http://forum.notebookreview.com/what-notebook-should-i-buy/
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Gaming is better on consoles imo. hmm

Waiting for phritz
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 am

How legit are toshiba laptops?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:34 pm

wanted a sony vaio because they're aesthetically the best IMO, but they're average performance wise and aren't being made after this 2014 range ffs.

Acer look to have some decent laptops, shame they're really ugly.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Firenze wrote:wanted a sony vaio because they're aesthetically the best IMO, but they're average performance wise and aren't being made after this 2014 range ffs.
Well you are getting a pretty solid ultrabook and it's incredibly light..

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 am

A little bit off topic but need some advice.

I'm thinking of buying a Macbook Pro to use on the go. I do quite a bit of travelling so I need a laptop with a good battery and enough power to help me do work (most exerting would be PS, Lightroom, Audition for example) on the go. I thought of getting a Windows laptop (something like the latest Dell) but the OS really annoys me at times.

I prefer MacOS over Windows but obviously hate their price to hardware difference and the impact on gaming so I plan on getting a gaming desktop for home at the same time.

Would any of you have any experience in using both a Mac and a Windows device? Do you have any trouble transferring/sharing files on say dropbox (when it comes to photos and MS docs)?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:32 pm

El Gunner wrote:How legit are toshiba laptops?

Very reliable. I use one.

You can't go wrong with Toshiba, a top brand imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:39 am

Soul wrote:A little bit off topic but need some advice.

I'm thinking of buying a Macbook Pro to use on the go. I do quite a bit of travelling so I need a laptop with a good battery and enough power to help me do work (most exerting would be PS, Lightroom, Audition for example) on the go. I thought of getting a Windows laptop (something like the latest Dell) but the OS really annoys me at times.

I prefer MacOS over Windows but obviously hate their price to hardware difference and the impact on gaming so I plan on getting a gaming desktop for home at the same time.

Would any of you have any experience in using both a Mac and a Windows device? Do you have any trouble transferring/sharing files on say dropbox (when it comes to photos and MS docs)?

Mac is proprietary so its expensive. although I am not Mac user at all, I read and hear a lot both on PC magazine and from user experience that Mac is more secure, reliable and for office professionals a perfect platform to work on. So if you plan to buy a laptop and have budget definitely spend on Mac Pro. Mac Pro with retina display and other specification according to your needs makes the price vary but if you are using the laptop for graphical purposes get specification with better graphic memory, memory speed, and processing speed (usually mac pro has good specification available) dont buy mac air for graphic purposes.
with windows, you will have all sort of problems, one way or another. lot of people always have problems with windows because of security, bugs, updates, compatibilities, so on... more than mac does. mac i think tests everything rigorously before submitting to users.

well, with PC you will get less than what Mac offers for cheap price. I suggest never ever to buy laptop for gaming purposes because there will be lot of issues (heating and hardware issues later on). just buy a dedicated gaming desktop PC.

anyway thats my suggestion. and I also never have used dropbox (is it like a cloud backup ) well i dont think its gonna be issue whether you use win or mac) just for backup i think they offer services compatible for all OS platforms and you can probably save and restore data from anywhere.

just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:44 am

There shouldn't be any problems transferring files between a mac and a windows pc through dropbox.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:08 am

JespSwe wrote:

Mac is proprietary so its expensive. although I am not Mac user at all, I read and hear a lot both on PC magazine and from user experience that Mac is more secure, reliable and for office professionals a perfect platform to work on. So if you plan to buy a laptop and have budget definitely spend on Mac Pro. Mac Pro with retina display and other specification according to your needs makes the price vary but if you are using the laptop for graphical purposes get specification with better graphic memory, memory speed, and processing speed (usually mac pro has good specification available) dont buy mac air for graphic purposes.
with windows, you will have all sort of problems, one way or another. lot of people always have problems with windows because of security, bugs, updates, compatibilities, so on... more than mac does. mac i think tests everything rigorously before submitting to users.

well, with PC you will get less than what Mac offers for cheap price. I suggest never ever to buy laptop for gaming purposes because there will be lot of issues (heating and hardware issues later on). just buy a dedicated gaming desktop PC.

anyway thats my suggestion. and I also never have used dropbox (is it like a cloud backup ) well i dont think its gonna be issue whether you use win or mac) just for backup i think they offer services compatible for all OS platforms and you can probably save and restore data from anywhere.

just my thoughts.

Thanks a lot for the long reply!

I think you're right about most professionals choosing Mac over Windows for security and reliability. And like you mentioned, if I'm going to do graphics work, I'd need the Macbook with the Nvidia chip which costs around 3k which is outrageous.

Windows just have this ability to make even a strong laptop feel cheap. I saved up to buy a decent laptop but hated all the troubles it started causing me within a week.

I just might end up getting a Macbook pro and using a PS4 for my gaming needs since most games come out on console anyway.

Thanks again!
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:29 am

RED wrote:
El Gunner wrote:How legit are toshiba laptops?

Very reliable. I use one.

You can't go wrong with Toshiba, a top brand imo.

Windows what do you have?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Soul wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

just my thoughts.

I think you're right about most professionals choosing Mac over Windows for security and reliability. And like you mentioned, if I'm going to do graphics work, I'd need the Macbook with the Nvidia chip which costs around 3k which is outrageous.

Windows just have this ability to make even a strong laptop feel cheap. I saved up to buy a decent laptop but hated all the troubles it started causing me within a week.

I just might end up getting a Macbook pro and using a PS4 for my gaming needs since most games come out on console anyway.

Thanks again!

i dont know which country ur from but i think the price varies..

also have a look at this specification http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-retina/and choose what best fits for and depending on that u dont even have to fork out 3k... infact the max for mac pro is 2.5k for the top notch specification which i dont think u will need unless ur using it for so much faster data and graphical processing.

before buying definitely ask the staffs from vendors about spec. reliability issues, (mostly heat) if ur using for graphical purposes.. trust me heat is one of the biggest issues in laptop so ask about that.
and ofcourse warranty and all. i still think Mac can give you value for money. PC is good cause it is more compatible and cheap but over time you will have lot of headaches.

and gaming PC is cheap depending upon specification again, and its far better than laptop.

so explore more and give urself time to think carefully mate. u will be alright Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 am

Bought a laptop for €537 on weekend sale from my electronic store (Cost €738 at the store now)

i5
8GB RAM 1TB Harddisk

Guy asked me if I wanted to buy office for €135 Laughing

Ain't no way am I paying that much for office ffs rofl

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 am

I had office already installed on my laptop but then I refreshed my laptop and all the programs were removed.
WTF should I do? Pay for it again?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:03 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Soul wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

just my thoughts.

Thanks again!

i dont know which country ur from but i think the price varies..

also have a look at this specification http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-retina/and choose what best fits for and depending on that u dont even have to fork out 3k... infact the max for mac pro is 2.5k for the top notch specification which i dont think u will need unless ur using it for so much faster data and graphical processing.

before buying definitely ask the staffs from vendors about spec. reliability issues, (mostly heat) if ur using for graphical purposes.. trust me heat is one of the biggest issues in laptop so ask about that.
and ofcourse warranty and all. i still think Mac can give you value for money. PC is good cause it is more compatible and cheap but over time you will have lot of headaches.

and gaming PC is cheap depending upon specification again, and its far better than laptop.

so explore more and give urself time to think carefully mate. u will be alright Very Happy

Cheers mate!

Yeah the price definitely varies across different countries. Over here in Australia, the Macbook pro with the graphics card costs $3000 haha.

Thanks again for the tips. I'll post later on what I ended up doing!
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 am

Is this UltraBook worth 380E ? It's almost new, has been used for one week.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 am

Link?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 am

LeVersacci wrote:Link?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n297sa-15-6-laptop-21921792-pdt.html

'this' was linked though  Smile 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 am

Couldn't se it on my phone. Anyway what are you gonna use your laptop for? Gaming?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 am

Valkyrja wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:Link?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n297sa-15-6-laptop-21921792-pdt.html

'this' was linked though  Smile 

is decent for personal use at home for office and entertainment use. not for gaming though definitely. no matter how powerful the performance is, i would not recommend laptop for gaming because heating will be massive issue.

clock speed is ok 2 core processor, cache memory is good, decent memory 8GB is recommended really in current generation use, HDD is alright too.
380 euro is not a bad price for a laptop with that spec.

i would look for a processor with a little better clock speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 am

What are the best netbooks out there up to 400-500$?
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:28 am

What do you need it for? general purpose?

Take a look at HP Pavilion x2 10-n054sa, Asus EeeBook X205TA, Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14, HP stream11 and Acer Chromebook R11
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:41 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Gaming is better on consoles imo. hmm

Waiting for phritz

Some posts are timeless Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next