halamadrid2
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
110 posters

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 25 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by Gil Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:13 pm

"Very good" is a bit of a stretch. This is probably Benzema's best performance of the season but he needs to be more clinical in the future. Teams like Bayern, Chelsea or PSG won't concede as many chances as Barcelona did today nor will he have a distinct height advantage over his marker like he did today.

His performance reminded me of Torres against Man Utd a couple of years ago where he missed that infamous sitter. He tore them to shreds and scored two very good goals. But missed two clear cut chances which ultimately led to his team losing a high scoring match.

Yeah but fair play to him unlike Higuain he didn't go into hiding and was persistent. Unlucky to be subbed off as well.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Big game Arqi and Jese was injured... he had to play.  It's not like he's ever had to do this before.  This was an emergency situation.

Of course he had to play Sports yet risking the long-term future of Benzema even for Classico is short-sighted as at least Alvaro Morata would have provided a solid reference point up front? I understand the stakes behind this match and that I may be making a big deal out of this yet these cortizone/propensol injections used must be banned, especially considering the injections don't hold in the stress of such a big game.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He had a cortizone shot in his right thigh before the game too...  injured last week remember and was noticeably wincing in practice yday.  He tested it early but couldn't plant hard to get power in his shots.  He was reduced to taking stab shots.

Something to consider and he still played great.

Those need to stop. Considering Benzema is naturally an endomorphic body type to whom will not respond to these temporary medical injections, it can have serious long term effects on his nerves and micro structure to which football sports medicine still bafflingly advises.

Long term consequences can be devastating.

Endomorphic? I think thats a tad exaggerated for benz. He's still pretty lean.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He had a cortizone shot in his right thigh before the game too...  injured last week remember and was noticeably wincing in practice yday.  He tested it early but couldn't plant hard to get power in his shots.  He was reduced to taking stab shots.

Something to consider and he still played great.

Those need to stop. Considering Benzema is naturally an endomorphic body type to whom will not respond to these temporary medical injections, it can have serious long term effects on his nerves and micro structure to which football sports medicine still bafflingly advises.

Long term consequences can be devastating.

Endomorphic? I think thats a tad exaggerated for benz. He's still pretty lean.

Endomorphic isn't a politically correct word for "Fat". It's simply his body type to which he has to go great lengths in maintaining. Endomorphic also goes beyond just body types yet into how your mind works and responds to situations.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:19 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Big game Arqi and Jese was injured... he had to play.  It's not like he's ever had to do this before.  This was an emergency situation.

Of course he had to play Sports yet risking the long-term future of Benzema even for Classico is short-sighted as at least Alvaro Morata would have provided a solid reference point up front? I understand the stakes behind this match and that I may be making a big deal out of this yet these cortizone/propensol injections used must be banned, especially considering the injections don't hold in the stress of such a big game.
It wasn't an injury risk though. The contusion on his thigh hadn't gone away completely and was causing pain and stiffness... dead blood hadn't cleared. He just needed the shot to mask the symptoms. I agree that it's a horrible idea if there's a risk with the injury being masked. It wasn't the case here. And btw, play with a half numbed leg isn't easy.

Overally, they are very bad for you though. So it's not something you want to do... i agree.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

It wasn't an injury risk though.  The contusion on his thigh hadn't gone away completely and was causing pain and stiffness...  dead blood hadn't cleared.  He just needed the shot to mask the symptoms.  I agree that it's a horrible idea if there's a risk with the injury being masked.  It wasn't the case here.  And btw, play with a half numbed leg isn't easy.

Overally, they are very bad for you though.  So it's not something you want to do... i agree.

Pain usually is a response for need of recovery time. Playing with a half numbed leg? My idea was to rule him out completely given the recovery process, regardless of the stakes at hand. But I wasn't aware of the contusion being completely gone as the rest would be just being pedantic.

Yet it cannot be risked again within a short space of time.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:24 am

So benzema still not a tier 1 striker yet?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 am

one of the best performance by a CF this year in a big game imo, he is getting there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:39 am

His performance was impressive

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 am

Dominating mascherano isn't so impressive...
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 am

chad4401 wrote:So benzema still not a tier 1 striker yet?

No. Very few at tier 1 tho, at least what I call tier 1.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 am

Gil wrote:You guys have completely ruined this thread. Never listening to what you guys say on chat again. Changing the thread title. :facepalm:

That as before the brace ffs.

Gil wrote:His performance reminded me of Torres against Man Utd a couple of years ago where he missed that infamous sitter. He tore them to shreds and scored two very good goals. But missed two clear cut chances which ultimately led to his team losing a high scoring match.

Stop trying to change history, there are people here who actually watched matches Laughing Torres played shit the entire game and had ONE goal while he had two bad misses, the second of which is one of the worst missed sitters in football history.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am

Goals aside Benzema did very good overall. pressed Barca players and ran alot. he was good with ball and very confident. very mature.

Ronaldo and Bale in the other hand did this all night :

pick the ball and run as fast as you can till you are outside the pitch lol.

Bale did better than Ronaldo though. in a monster game like this Ronaldo doesn't defend and can't do shit with ball. this is why you people should stop calling him the best.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:16 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Benzema did better in a big game than i have seen Suarez all season. And that's considering that there is no team of the level of barca in EPL.

brb 4 goals vs norwich
brb 3 goals vs some crap team at the weekend,

Y0loOoo
even a block of wood will score 2 goals out of good 5 chances. If Suarez gets so many chances with better midfield performance around him, he will rape every defense in this world. Just wait before he scores against Mehdrid in next season :coffee:
Edit: dont want to spoil this thread because Benzema did perform brilliantly yday and he is a great player :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:22 am

If Barcelona had a centerback who can jump instead of a midget defensive midfielder in defense and if Valdes were a world class goalkeeper and just punched the ball instead of whatever he was trying to do for the first goal, this would have went down as the most comedic Clasico performance of all time. But as it is, his performance was great. DEM fine margins.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 am

And if we had a world class CB instead of Ramos we could've win easily.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:30 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Benzema did better in a big game than i have seen Suarez all season. And that's considering that there is no team of the level of barca in EPL.

brb 4 goals vs norwich
brb 3 goals vs some crap team at the weekend,

Y0loOoo
even a block of wood will score 2 goals out of good 5 chances. If Suarez gets so many chances with  better midfield performance around him, he will rape every defense in this world. Just wait before he scores against Mehdrid in next season :coffee:
Edit: dont want to spoil this thread because Benzema did perform brilliantly yday and he is a great player :coffee:
That's actually not accurate. Suarez has taken 167 shots for his 28 goals this season... he gets a TON more opportunities because he's the primary scorer for Liverpool. Benzema has gotten his 24 on 101 shots. So although Madrid's midfield is better undoubtedly, Benz gets far less chances than Suarez does because of the pecking order at Madrid. If you combine these two factors, Suarez has many, many more scoring chances.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 am

I think that is a big misunderstanding about the shots he takes
shots taken by Suarez =?relation?= to chances created.

Most of the times, he has to create chances for himself, from a tight pass or difficult pass which is nowhere a direct chance which can be easily converted. For example, if you consider that cross against West Brom team, where our great great LB Cissokho plays the cross in such a way that the ball's end position is near the D-box line (imo it is very difficult to head the ball from so much distance with enough power to beat the keeper), but Suarez still heads that ball from so much distance and fortunately manages to score.

Another fact is, he has the highest number of clear cut chances created in EPL this season (by a big margin, specially if you look at in a way that EPL boasts to have many creative flair in other big teams), I had posted this stat before few days. So this supports that he creates so much for others. I am not saying that no one creates for him at all, of course this season Hendo, Sturridge, Gerrard (even Coutinho occasionally) are performing brilliantly.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am

That's not accurate and i watch a lot of Liverpool games.  Suarez doesn't play in the box because he's not that great at playing off the shoulder of CBs.  He's the kind of striker that likes the ball at his feet to take on defenders... the only runs he does make that resemble a pure 9 are from wide coming in with speed.  Basically, he doesn't look for soft spots around CBs in the box.

Stylistically, that's how Suarez is.  You can't blame the midfielders or anyone else.  He's been like this his whole career and there's nothing wrong with that...  it's spectacular because it involves a lot of dribbling, etc.  But it's not efficient for obvious reasons. In this style, he's very effective.

Benz does it both.  He can play out of the box and bring in others into play and create.  And he is also skilled at running off the shoulder of a CB and finding open areas in the zone by ghosting himself.  This year, he's also added a darn good air game which is a testament to how hard he is working.  He is now both a CF and a SS depending on what the team needs.  He's combining the skill of a SS with the efficiency of a pure 9.  That's what makes him so unique and great... you can't categorize him in one or the other.

The difference in styles is the reason that the chances are taken the way they are.  It has nothing to do with midfield quality or anything else when you consider the fact that Suarez is the number one target and Benzema is not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:38 am

So the argument started from if suarez can do that in big games and evidence provided by RedO and lot of other other supporters is that Suarez does perform in big teams also.
So I hope on one denies that again and again.

ok to keep it simple, the basic thing required for a striker to score a goal is to get the ball at the feet in a more meaningful position from where he can score/attack/create. This thing happens a lot more against scrub teams because our midfield tends to provide more balls in meaningful positions compared to other teams with better overall midfield.

Running of the shoulder of last defender, just look at the hat-trick goal he scored against Cardiff, it proves you wrong that 'he doesnt do that'. There are so many goals he has scored in his Liverpool career, by ghosting CBs or running of the shoulder or whatever, or getting into that zone or whatever

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 am

Cardiff???  i'm talking against proper opponents.  You get the true measure of a player against the top teams of the league... typically the top 6, since those are the European spots, and CL games.  I don't really put too much weight on performances against the others because the talent gap is too important.  You want to see how your strikers set themselves up against top defenders.

I'll also mention that Madrid's midfield by La Liga standards is not that great. It's gotten better since we converted Di Maria from winger to CM... but it's been our weak point for years. Even then, we still get overrun at times. Atleti and Bilbao crapped all over our midfield recently for example and Barca had 67% possession last night. It's better than before... but you can't call it a great midfield.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 am

Suarez has 6 goals in 24 games against the rest of the top 4 and 1 in 6 against Man Yoo before the other week and lets be honest he didn't look like scoring till Vidic got sent off either.

It's no myth lol, he may still perform in other ways but he doesn't keep up his goalscoring against the best that much is clear.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Suarez has 6 goals in 24 games against the rest of the top 4 and 1 in 6 against Man Yoo before the other week and lets be honest he didn't look like scoring till Vidic got sent off either.

It's no myth lol, he may still perform in other ways but he doesn't keep up his goalscoring against the best that much is clear.

Half of those games were through him playing wide, deeper and does not justify the performances he had outside his goals to which were of fantastic influence even when he does not score. During bigger games he tends to be less selfless and adopt a creative role that isn't present vs mid to lower table teams.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Whoscored.com has ruined the football.
the comparison on players based on the goals for media shots lol
Suarez is another level than Benzema. Just watching the matches , the different application to the game , the chances created everytime by Suarez, all
It's as comparing Batistuta to Bierhoff for value...
and it is not to understimate Benzema.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Suarez against Manchester City played a better match than Benzema against Barcellona yesterday.

just remembering the incredible missed chances by Coutinho and Sterling
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:40 pm

anyway benzema is a tier 1 striker imo, i know most of gl can't rate players to save their lives, cause media and trends decides for them, i bet money if we cut benz and paste suarez in the clasico, the wanking would've been legendary, i have seen it enough time to make that a fact.

benzema on form filled with confidence is just as good as suarez minus the dribbling.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next