Kaladin
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Gil
43 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Marek Hamsik? Empty How highly do you rate Marek Hamsik?

Post by Gil Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Just saw the highlights of Napoli v Bologna and he was immense.

Are people still overrating technical midfielders when he's clearly better than the majority of them? The only AM's I'd take over him are Mata, Ozil and Fabregas.

His productivity is unreal and looks like he could potentially become a 20/20 midfielder at a bigger club surrounded by better players.

My only problem with him is his tendency to go missing in the big games.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Marek Hamsik? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Marek Hamsik?

Post by S Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Thats a myth really.He was brilliant in Napoli's CL campaign 2 years ago for example.

Mata is the one who goes missing in big games. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Marek Hamsik? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Marek Hamsik?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm

S wrote:Thats a myth really.He was brilliant in Napoli's CL campaign 2 years ago for example.

Mata is the one who goes missing in big games.
3 goals and 4 assists in 7 games against the champions of England suggests otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 pm

good depth player

/hala
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:59 pm

He's a fantastic player, able to direct Napoli's attack with guile and precision. Should've gotten him during the Mr X saga Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 pm

He would be a great back up / squad depth player at a bigger European club, but no more than that.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 am

Grooverider wrote:He would be a great back up / squad depth player at a bigger European club, but no more than that.
Read:
Grooverider wrote:I don't watch Serie A, but his name is not Cavani and he plays for Napoli, so he can't possibly be world class.
FYI, Hamsik is the best midfielder in the league. Even better than Vidal IMO.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:59 am

Forza wrote:
Grooverider wrote:He would be a great back up / squad depth player at a bigger European club, but no more than that.
Read:
Grooverider wrote:I don't watch Serie A, but his name is not Cavani and he plays for Napoli, so he can't possibly be world class.
Not better than Pirlo or DDR, let alone Vidal... but Hamsik is immense for Napoli

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:04 am

Luca wrote:
Forza wrote:
Read:
Not better than Pirlo or DDR, let alone Vidal... but Hamsik is immense for Napoli
I think I made a mistake in saying all midfielders. If I had said AMs, that would've made more sense. Overall though, Hamsik undeniably had a better season than Pirlo and DDR in 12-13.

I prefer Hamsik over Vidal because of his better creative passing and assist-making capabilities. However, in saying that, Vidal has a better work-rate, better defensive skills and is a good passer in his own right. Just personal preference for me.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:07 am

Forza wrote:
Luca wrote:
Forza wrote:Read:
I think I made a mistake in saying all midfielders. If I had said AMs, that would've made more sense. Overall though, Hamsik undeniably had a better season than Pirlo and DDR in 12-13.

I prefer Hamsik over Vidal because of his better creative passing and assist-making capabilities. However, in saying that, Vidal has a better work-rate, better defensive skills and is a good passer in his own right. Just personal preference for me.
Fair enough, in that sense I agree but Hernanes has to be up there in the same department in terms of creating

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 am

Great player, and a bit underrated as well in my opinion. He isn't mentioned very often in the same breath as Ozil, Mata, etc. He's right up there with them.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 am

Hamsik has been underrated for quite some time now. He is so complete and capable within his skill-set that its almost difficult to optimize upon his attributes.

He used to fall short when Mazzari utilized him in the forward role directly behind Cavani with Lavezzi paired with Hamsik. Where Hamsik truly started to shine is when the creative output began to build around him Post-Lavezzi in a purely central role, through which the added responsibility brought out the best in Marek. Giving him captaincy has only augmented his desire to take responsibility as in the last 2 years he has finally began to shine in the bigger games, due to positional reference as the assists from him garnered big time.

Definitely a world-class AM.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

World class players do not continue to play in Italy at the age of 26, if he was a world class midfielder then a big club from England or Spain would of been sniffing around and this had not happened so we can see that he's either vastly overrated or just not at a world class level, I would probably pick both
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Totti was never world class then Sad
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Groove

Stop watching football please.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Groove

He doesn't Laughing
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Instead of commenting on football he should watch it, tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Grooverider wrote:World class players do not continue to play in Italy at the age of 26, if he was a world class midfielder then a big club from England or Spain would of been sniffing around and this had not happened so we can see that he's either vastly overrated or just not at a world class level, I would probably pick both
Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:52 pm

7amood11 wrote:

He doesn't Laughing

rofl

And Cas, solid point tbf.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Surprised so many of you bit. Groove is a shocking poster.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Grooverider wrote:World class players do not continue to play in Italy at the age of 26, if he was a world class midfielder then a big club from England or Spain would of been sniffing around and this had not happened so we can see that he's either vastly overrated or just not at a world class level, I would probably pick both

My face when i read this

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Gil wrote:Surprised so many of you bit. Groove is a shocking poster.
Quite sure most of us know how bad of a poster he is, but he takes it a step further with each and every post.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 am

S wrote:Totti was never world class then Sad
Totti was a good player in Italy, but had he decided to leave Italy for the Prem for example, the only clubs that would of been interested in him would have been the likes of Newcastle,Liverpool and Everton for example.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 am

OK, that post confirmed that this guy is just having a laugh or is just mentally retarded.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

It does not take a genius to work out that Totti stayed in Italy as none of the big boys came knocking throughout his career. You can put it down to loyalty somewhat but he did not ever get any offers from Spain or England
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next