Lass ommitted from preseason travel squad

+3
Mr Nick09
Guiltybystander
Turok_TTZ
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lass ommitted from preseason travel squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Lass ommitted from preseason travel squad

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 am

if we lose lass, i do hope we go for sven "the vacuum" bender. even though that is unlikely.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Lass ommitted from preseason travel squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Lass ommitted from preseason travel squad

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 am

sportsczy wrote:
Tevez is a drama queen. I have a feeling nobody goes anywhere unless there's a Aguero for Tevez swap lol. Tevez has killed his value to top clubs because of his attitude and Man City would be committing FFP suicide if they keep making crazy signings without unloading some.

well, Atletico would enjoy the swap, but Tevez is too ambitious to go there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:13 am

We don't need to replace Lass. He was a luxury. We have enough talent to cover for him adequately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
he asked for that salary becuz he isnt a starter for the 1st team.

he cant make himself a starter, so we should pay him more to sit on the bench? lol

i agree with u, this isnt how it shud be and we shudnt be held for ransom. but...:

he cant make himself a starter, so we should pay him more to stay in real madrid?

this is more accurate...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 am

Lass pissed me off alot so I'm happy about this, for those that know the scenario about what happened with him and Pellegrini days before the Lyon fixture and not to mention his constant whining about play time and demanding to leave every fregn transfer window.

Glad to see the back of him tbh. He was a good player occasionally and an average one more often than not.

Cya Lass your someone elses problem now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 am

sportsczy wrote:We don't need to replace Lass. He was a luxury. We have enough talent to cover for him adequately.

talent? defensive talent in midfield? i do not agree. all we have is khedira in midfield and xabi alonso is only gonna worsen with time. we only have khedira and this bothers me greatly (injury prone to boot). xabi alonso is alright but lass does defensive duties better than xabi (due to age ofc lass is younger and much faster).
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:19 am

well, now he is discovering the "gtfo" effect from RM.

he needs to get in touch with reality, and go someplace to play, not to earn more money.

I thought he was noble and all to want to play at all cost, but He is a true money whore.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:19 am

Crimson wrote:Lass pissed me off alot so I'm happy about this, for those that know the scenario about what happened with him and Pellegrini days before the Lyon fixture and not to mention his constant whining about play time and demanding to leave every fregn transfer window.

Glad to see the back of him tbh. He was a good player occasionally and an average one more often than not.

what happened again?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:20 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:We don't need to replace Lass. He was a luxury. We have enough talent to cover for him adequately.

talent? defensive talent in midfield? i do not agree. all we have is khedira in midfield and xabi alonso is only gonna worsen with time. we only have khedira and this bothers me greatly (injury prone to boot). xabi alonso is alright but lass does defensive duties better than xabi (due to age ofc lass is younger and much faster).

as long as we have Arbeloa, and Coentrao playing RB, we can move Pepe as DM as we need, and that's not very often.

it's an option for varane to stay, even more now that Altintop is out.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:21 am

Crimson wrote:Lass pissed me off alot so I'm happy about this, for those that know the scenario about what happened with him and Pellegrini days before the Lyon fixture and not to mention his constant whining about play time and demanding to leave every fregn transfer window.

Main reason he's off the France NT completely. Blanc is looking for high character guys only if he has the option... Ribery and Evra would never have made the squad if Abidal wasn't hurt, Clichy was better or a star winger had emerged (Valbuena injury made things even thinner). But at the DM spot, there are plenty of options in France.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am

sorry to burst ur bubble but nobody is meeting lass's demands nor is anyone meeting our evaluation of the guy. and the current situation hasnt changed since the beginning of this transfer window.

hence, he is still ours... for now. i wudnt get my hopes up, kaka is staying after all Sad.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

as long as we have Arbeloa, and Coentrao playing RB, we can move Pepe as DM as we need, and that's not very often.

And you can play Alonso as a defensive mid while making Sahin more offensive as well. Sahin being there opens up a lot of options. We are not reliant on Alonso only to make the link with the defense and the forwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:25 am

Btw, our friend Sissoko is set to go from Toulouse to PSG to be their DM. PSG is going to be fun too watch... they could be really good or fail tragically, as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

sportsczy wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

And you can play Alonso as a defensive mid while making Sahin more offensive as well. Sahin being there opens up a lot of options. We are not reliant on Alonso only to make the link with the defense and the forwards.

xabi too slow for the defensive duties. maybe for low to midtable teams but come against the big boys like farca and we'd be playing with 10 instead of eleven. why ye think we have khedira? younger and faster. key word: faster. khedira wud accomplish much more defensively in dm than alonso wud in the same position.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

Lass not coming with us on tour is a huge statement of much the board and mourinho is biggest supporter, are displeased with him. There were no reasons not to bring him along.

those staying behind either have their future set, like Canales, or are being thrown out, like Leon.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:31 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
xabi too slow for the defensive duties. maybe for low to midtable teams but come against the big boys like farca and we'd be playing with 10 instead of eleven. why ye think we have khedira? younger and faster. key word: faster. khedira wud accomplish much more defensively in dm than alonso wud in the same position.
a bit ridiculous imo lol, the only reason xabi struggles against barca is because they have an insane amount of team pressure, particularly on alonso, and they put him out of his comfort zone.

No other team does that, and will dare to do that against us. he will be just fine.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:34 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
a bit ridiculous imo lol, the only reason xabi struggles against barca is because they have an insane amount of team pressure, particularly on alonso, and they put him out of his comfort zone.

No other will dare to do that against us. he will be just fine.

And also because all they had to do was bracket Xabi and Ozil... those were our only creative passing players. Everyone else was not a threat with the pass to get things going. They can't do that if Sahin is in the mix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:48 am

im just troubled at the possible lack a pure dm. imho, every team needs one and lass is that pure dm. perhaps my thoughts are outdated....
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:52 am

Well, we have Pepe as destroyer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Thank Goodness. Guy pissed me off so much.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Lol at everyone writing off Canales. He isnt on preseason as he is with Spain U 20. Same reason Morata, Carvajal, etc (I wrote Sarabia almost instinctively there) arent in the tour, they are with Spain U 17.

We arent thin in midfield, I mean Alonso can play DM and often does, Pepe or Varane, as much as I hate it, could play destroyer, and Khedira could play more defensively. Lass adds another dimension, but its probably better for his sake that he leaves if even Mou is against him now. What a shame.

EDIT: *facepalm* Not U 17, of course, U 19. Typo there, I knew it was 19 I was talking about.

Last edited by Saetablanca on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:38 pm

the u20 world cup is way later in August, i dont think it's the reason Canales isnt present.

Morata and the rest are with spain u19.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:27 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Well, we have Pepe as destroyer
I prefer pepe at the back, never liked it when he is played out of position though sometimes its required (farca). 'sides that, unlike pepe, lass knows how to go forward if needed when playing in dm, pepe is more of a headless chicken. pepe's ability to play destroyer is superb, but thats all he is limited to as he wud fail in everything else in dm position. lass has a clue wut he is doing in dm, pepe only understands the play breaking, everything else is a mystery to him (that one match where pepe played dm and he flopped pretty bad burned in my memory...) when pepe isnt man marking someone when in dm position, he plays bad. and that is the problem. u wudnt have this with lass and reason for that is becuz lass is a midfielder (has the mentality, knows what he is doing).
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Pepe, Varane and Albiol can play as a pure DM/Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Albiol do suck as a DM tho, he doesnt have great mobility.

im curious if he will try ramos, where is supermag? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am

They all suck as the DM because none of them can cover the actual passing and movement duties of the midfield well. We would basically play with a 5-man defense, with one of them playing a free role ahead of the back 4.

But for our purposes, good enough. It's not like we will need it often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next