lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
Dnmac4
Red Alert
McAgger
76 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Actually Unique is correct in his stance

http://www.latlmes.com/world/equality-equals-equal-law-for-all-1

apologies.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Absolutely loving this Sunday night smackdown special btw guys

Thanks for contributing as always.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Absolutely loving this Sunday night smackdown special btw guys

Thanks for contributing as always.

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Anigif_sub-buzz-31003-1490307221-1

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:54 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

My final post on this. Its because it was INVENTED by white people to be used as derogatory term against them. So you can't use it, I can't use it. They can use the way they want since they've suffered through it. Can't believe its so hard.
my point is its a law. laws are set in stone and by making a law that applies to a white person but not a black person how do you expect to end racism. you can only have a chance to end racism by treating everybody the same and laws are the first thing that should apply to all.

Its not a crime to use the N word in America, Anyone can use it, America has free speech. Its a crime when you use it as hate speech.

Now add this to what I've already told you and arrive at the position where you understand you can use it but you should not because its not nice and you're a nice person.
I think that's where our points are different. your point is that out of respect white people should not use the n word and black people have earned the right to say it if they like. that's a fair point but that comes down to the individual. my point is about the law. laws have nothing to do with the individual or respect.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 pm

*Understanding is the right word not respect and again the law doesn't prohibit you from that using that word. The law prohibits if you use that word as a racist slur.

Now before you say "why do white people face backlash and get court room appointments if they say the word then?"

I recommend you go back and add it all up or else I'll post the Justin Timberlake song again.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Nishankly wrote:*Understanding is the right word not respect and again the law doesn't prohibit you from that using that word. The law prohibits if you use that word as a racist slur.

Now before you say "why do white people face backlash and get court room appointments if they say the word then?"

I recommend you go back and add it all up or else I'll post the Justin Timberlake song again.
well in England the law is the law and imo it should apply to everyone.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:29 pm

zigra wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:So, to be fair, the blackface taboo is mostly a US thing. If anything aglosaxon world. Is it fair to expect a French-Spaniard to abide by the same standards when he's probably not even aware that it is a taboo thing in certain countries?

I guess HE should probably know it because from what I've read he's pretty much into american culture, hip hop, basketball and stuff. Also an advised top athelete.

As for a general french-spaniard I'd actually agree. Matter of fact if I ask around my friends most people won't know what blackface is. If I go to carnival I will see people do this. Doesn't mean it's right, doesn't mean you can't be offended but many people in Europe will really never have heard of this being wrong or offensive.

Not sure why he should be held to a different standard. Clearly he didn't know about it otherwise he wouldn't have done it (it did not seem to be malicious). What he should know is another matter, but I don't think we can expect European footballers to know everything that is considered racist in the US.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 pm

calm down everyone, antoine just feeling left out among his national team's teammates

hahahaha

ps: only americans find this offensive

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 pm

so who will buy him. barca. madrid or man u. or could Bayern sneak in for him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 am

Unique wrote:so who will buy him. barca. madrid or man u. or could Bayern sneak in for him.

Reschke, Bayern's chief of transfers 2014-2017, before at Leverkusen, now Stuttgart DoF, just told today that he decided against signing Griezmann twice in the past years: in 2013, Reschke wanted to sign him to Leverkusen for 10m € but the clause was 30m.
In 2014, he was told Atletico had dinancial trouble and Griezmann would be available. Bayern were willing to pay 40-45m but not the asked 75m.

FML
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:08 am

I know Madrid won't buy him. Perez doesn't like black players.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 am

LMAO Freeza rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 am

Freeza wrote:I know Madrid won't buy him. Perez doesn't like black players.
rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:05 am

Thing is, if this was an 80's party, his costume makes no sense.

The Harlem Globetrotters cartoon was PURE 70's, even more so exhibited by the Huge 70's style Afro he has as I am pretty sure he was going as Sweet Lou dunbar.

Costume was unacceptable, and a world famous athlete from a country with a history towards black people like France should know. The minstrels all stopped and performed in France during European tours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 am

Which makes my "most French footballers are dunces" pretty accurate.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:01 am

It would be great if people would stop being offended by everything these days.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:24 am

I'm all for that, but i don't understand why anyone would do this? Why? Why would anyone spray paint himself black and wear an afro? It's mind boggling.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 am

Most footballers don’t seem to be very smart, I’m sure someone told him that what he’s doing is stupid and insensitive but he went with it anyway. Most likely he probably thinks because he is rich and famous he can do whatever he wants.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Thing is, if this was an 80's party, his costume makes no sense.

The Harlem Globetrotters cartoon was PURE 70's, even more so exhibited by the Huge 70's style Afro he has as I am pretty sure he was going as Sweet Lou dunbar.

Costume was unacceptable, and a world famous athlete from a country with a history towards black people like France should know. The minstrels all stopped and performed in France during European tours.

So now the outrage is that his costume is wrongly dated eh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 am

Who paints over his entire body? That's so bizzare.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Thing is, if this was an 80's party, his costume makes no sense.

So now the outrage is that his costume is wrongly dated eh

Like, not even trying with the costume.

The most famous man on earth in the 80's was black. If you wanted to bite hairstyles, just get the curl:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:25 pm

According to Marca, Atletico have reported Barcelona to FIFA for Griezmann pursuit.

The Guardian and BBC have also published the same story.

Let's be honest here, clubs have always used intermediaries to get in touch with their targets, but Barcelona seems to be angering a lot of people with their approach. They really need to be more discreet, or better, refrain from doing illegal approaches to lure players.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by serghei_ro Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Well, FIFA could ban all big clubs for talking to players under contract, and their entourage. That's how 90% of football transfers happen. Why didn't they ban PSG for talking to Neymar and his familty while he was under contract with Barca? That's one of the clearest cases of luring players under contract.
serghei_ro
serghei_ro
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:57 pm

So a Barca director actually said publicly that they were (or "might be") tapping up Griezmann. Barca Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 pm

serghei_ro wrote:Well, FIFA could ban all big clubs for talking to players under contract, and their entourage.

No they can't. Clubs can talk to 'entourage' all they want.

And don't pretend as if Barca didn't try to cause legal fuzz over the Neymar transfer

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40777484

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/22/barcelona-sue-neymar-world-record-psg-transfer
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by serghei_ro Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
serghei_ro wrote:Well, FIFA could ban all big clubs for talking to players under contract, and their entourage.

No they can't. Clubs can talk to 'entourage' all they want.

And don't pretend as if Barca didn't try to cause legal fuzz over the Neymar transfer

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40777484

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/22/barcelona-sue-neymar-world-record-psg-transfer

I already said most clubs do the same things. They find ways to let these players know (through their agents, friends and family) that they are wanted, and they don't ask permision to do it from the teams they're under contract with. This is what PSG did with Neymar, and this is what Barca, Madrid, Atletico, and pretty much every big club do with other teams.

It's very hipocritical for Atletico to report Barca on something they didn't hesitate to do with Vitolo for example. It's either everybody plays fair and whoever steps out of line gets punished, or you aknowledge that this has became common practice even if behind the rules and live with it because you also profited from it when it suited you.
serghei_ro
serghei_ro
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next