McAgger
Sina
SUPERCARTTS
EL Patron
RedOranje
65 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:05 pm

abirking wrote:PSG is having trouble fitting Cavani and Ibra together. How would Ibra be as our Marquee signing.
They've played 1 game together Laughing Cavani missed all of preseason and came in as a sub for the first time in day 1 of league. He didn't even play supercup. Confed cup extended vacation...

Not happening. Zero chance.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 pm

I'd love for Spurs to put in a cheeky bid for Podolski to be honest.

--Podolski---Soldado---Lamela-- hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:32 pm

CBarca wrote:I'd love for Spurs to put in a cheeky bid for Podolski to be honest.

--Podolski---Soldado---Lamela-- hmm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
Shocked rofl hmm rofl rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:32 pm

aleumdance wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Try not to sound too bitter.
if what i said is sounding bitter..

i wonder how I will explain Liverpool fans when UCl does not show up and end of season again
Don't worry, with the way Spurs are building you'll be quite familiar with that position.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 pm

RedOranje wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

i wonder how I will explain Liverpool fans when UCl does not show up and end of season again
Don't worry, with the way Spurs are building you'll be quite familiar with that position.
We'll see about that 10 months from now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:44 pm

According to lol.com, we have had a 7 million bid rejected for Uchida and Shalke will only accept if Poldi is part of the deal hmm 

Uchida is a very good rigth back so its a bit tempting
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:01 pm

EL Patron wrote:According to lol.com, we have had a 7 million bid rejected for Uchida and Shalke will only accept if Poldi is part of the deal hmm 

We need Poldi. What must the guy do do convince us fans he is the real deal?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Isn't Uchida really injury prone?.. We don't need any more injury prone players...

And we aren't in a position to swap one of our best forwards for a RB.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Uchida is a very good right back? really? scratch 
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:16 pm

RedOranje wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

So Liverpool fans have so little confidence on their team that they are rooting for spuds to show arsenal what it feels like to miss out on the UCL. The suarez saga has really heated up Arsenal- Liverpool rivalry it seems?
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
EL Patron wrote:According to lol.com, we have had a 7 million bid rejected for Uchida and Shalke will only accept if Poldi is part of the deal hmm 

We need Poldi. What must the guy do  do  convince us fans he is the real deal?
Unless something happens to Giroud and Santi, he is going to spend most of the season on the bench. Poldi is an international player and the competition in the German squad is fierce, if he is not playing he is likely to loose his place. Wenger has said that he doesn't want anyone to leave because our squad is thin but in this day and age, his word against the player counts for nothing to be honest.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Zp_Training014_8549

Wenger: I need you stay, if you go then I Have no one to play upfront and on the wing if Santi gets injured.

Poldi: Don't care boss, I need game time
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 pm

abirking wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
aleumdance wrote:if what i said is sounding bitter..

So Liverpool fans have so little confidence on their team that they are rooting for spuds to show arsenal what it feels like to miss out on the UCL. The suarez saga has really heated up Arsenal- Liverpool rivalry it seems?
lol what rivalry? They have always been on the peripheral as far as I am concerned. I am indifferent to LFC and what they do really. They want us to drop out of the top 4... but hten I guess a lot of the other teams do aswell.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:42 pm

If you visit Evertons site, even they think they are within striking range of displacing us Laughing
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm not "rooting" for anyone outside of LFC and I don't particularly care who finishes 4th if it isn't Liverpool.  Anyone with a pair of working eyes and a functioning brain behind then can see that Spurs will be best equipped to finish in the CL places among the three clubs being discussed should they seal one more prominent deal that they've been suggested to be after this window, though.

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:If you  visit Evertons site, even they think they are within striking range of displacing us Laughing
AT the moment, with our current squad even Everton can displace us (no disrespect for  Roberto Martinez). Last two seasons, Liverpool have been disappointing, finishing 6th and 7th. This year they have a good squad, which can give our current squad a run for our money ( or maybe even better then ours), but if we strengthen our own squad, and spuds miss out on Lamela and willian, the pendulum will swing back in our favour. 2nd September will hold all the answers.

PS:
On a different note, flamini has not been signed so I guess same 11 will play against fulham. These players will have to play 3 games in a space of 8 to 9 days. I fear for further injuries.

abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Can anyone find the transcripts where Wenger whacks on about wanting the transfer window to be closed before the start of the season, please?

And for those who've heard his drivel, how annoyingly bitchy does he sound? You'd of thought Arsenal and Wenger were the only ones prevented from completing transfers in June and July.

Going by Wenger's logic of the transfer window closing before the season started, how would that have benefited Arsenal? If the window had closed before the started, we wouldn't have signed anyone whatsoever. Someone slap the fvck out of Wenger for me.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 pm

I dont see how the fantasy signing of Benzema & Di Maria will change the fact that our midfield has no tactical nous
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Well if the window closed earlier, I think Wenger would deal earlier.

I dont think 100% incompetance is why Wenger hasnt signed anyone yet, I think at least some of "it" (it, being the idea of signing late in the window) is planned purposefully so that the selling clubs become more desperate to unload wages/unhappy/distruptive/not needed players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Wenger says transfer window is like "trying to go out with a girl & you find she has chosen someone else. You can't commit suicide."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well if the window closed earlier, I think Wenger would deal earlier.

I dont think 100% incompetance is why Wenger hasnt signed anyone yet, I think at least some of "it" (it, being the idea of signing late in the window) is planned purposefully so that the selling clubs become more desperate to unload wages/unhappy/distruptive/not needed players.
Deal earlier? Bro, there's like 10 days to go: it's almost like doing all your Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve; then moaning that the shops should've closed on the 20th December because now you can't buy your son the remote controlled car he's always wanted because they're all sold out.

I genuinely feel that Wenger is 100% negligent in this instance. If Wenger feels that having an active window during when the season is disruptive, then why did the fool bid for Cabaye on the eve of their first game against City. Like, I think it was, Carragher said: if Wenger really wanted Cabaye, why wait till the third week in August to bid for him?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Guardian reckons we're about to make an improved offer of around £17mil for Cabaye, and that our move for Benzema is "out of our hands" as it's dependent on Madrid moving for Suarez.

I'm pretty certain now that Giroud will be our striker until January at least.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:19 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:Can anyone find the transcripts where Wenger whacks on about wanting the transfer window to be closed before the start of the season, please?

And for those who've heard his drivel, how annoyingly bitchy does he sound? You'd of thought Arsenal and Wenger were the only ones prevented from completing transfers in June and July.

Going by Wenger's logic of the transfer window closing before the season started, how would that have benefited Arsenal? If the window had closed before the started, we wouldn't have signed anyone whatsoever. Someone slap the fvck out of Wenger for me.
There's video here - http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/flamini-close-to-return-as-wenger-laments-transfer-window/2lgrxjn8b?from=gallery_en-sg&sf=Relevancy

Respectfully, I wonder if you're mischaracterizing what you call "Wenger's logic" though. By indicating his preference for an end to the transfer window before the season starts, the late moves in the market that Wenger historically makes (and has talked explicitly about making very soon) would thus hypothetically already have been done. That's the implication anyway. What he wants is to have his cake, and eat it too. He wants to be able to wait late in the transfer market for a player, and he'd prefer that doing this would not have to entail playing a few matches at the beginning of the season, before the squad is finalized.

That's a shaky demand to make, but it's not the same as saying that Wenger wanted this transfer window to have ended already, with him not signing any players.

I actually kind of agree with Wenger about the market. Ideally, it would be closed before league seasons start. But the problem is that you can only compete in the real world and with the rules that actually, already exist. It may be less than ideal, but that doesn't mean it's unfair ... the other clubs have to abide by the same rules.

I mean, talk is cheap, Arsene. And I think no matter what the club ends up doing, even if he signs a few GREAT players (eh, we can only hope!) ... he's still made a big mistake in waiting so long to get or try to get players. Right now I'm just hoping he can bring in some good additions to salvage as best he can. It won't possibly be ideal, but it might still end up being decent.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 am

Chumlum wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:Can anyone find the transcripts where Wenger whacks on about wanting the transfer window to be closed before the start of the season, please?

There's video here - http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/flamini-close-to-return-as-wenger-laments-transfer-window/2lgrxjn8b?from=gallery_en-sg&sf=Relevancy

Respectfully, I wonder if you're mischaracterizing what you call "Wenger's logic" though. By indicating his preference for an end to the transfer window before the season starts, the late moves in the market that Wenger historically makes (and has talked explicitly about making very soon) would thus hypothetically already have been done. That's the implication anyway. What he wants is to have his cake, and eat it too. He wants to be able to wait late in the transfer market for a player, and he'd prefer that doing this would not have to entail playing a few matches at the beginning of the season, before the squad is finalized.

That's a shaky demand to make, but it's not the same as saying that Wenger wanted this transfer window to have ended already, with him not signing any players.

I actually kind of agree with Wenger about the market. Ideally, it would be closed before league seasons start. But the problem is that you can only compete in the real world and with the rules that actually, already exist. It may be less than ideal, but that doesn't mean it's unfair ... the other clubs have to abide by the same rules.

I mean, talk is cheap, Arsene. And I think no matter what the club ends up doing, even if he signs a few GREAT players (eh, we can only hope!) ... he's still made a big mistake in waiting so long to get or try to get players. Right now I'm just hoping he can bring in some good additions to salvage as best he can. It won't possibly be ideal, but it might still end up being decent.
The "Wenger logic" part was me, merely, trying to make a joke out of Wenger moaning about the season already starting and teams still being able to sign players. I'd like to think that in Wenger's ideal world, he would've already signed Cabaye, Di Maria and Benzema before the season begun, albeit "waiting till the very end of the window". Like i said previously: with 9 days to go, he hasn't made much ground in coming any closer to a signing. Which kind of buttress' my point about Wenger demands for a revised transfer window. I guess if Wenger signed a player on the "11th hour" of deadline day, that simply indicates what he would've done with a transfer window closing, say, a week before the premiership began. I'm just using relative analogies, if that makes any sense?!

I just struggle to comprehend Wenger's rhetoric when he talks about transfer windows, blatantly trying to deflect the attention of himself, and more, indirectly, towards FIFA. You know, he made a comment about how ludicrous it'll be if Madrd signed Bale for £100m. Someone as intelligent as Wenger should be able to realise that half of that figure alone would've been generated from the sales of Albiol, Higuain and Callejon; were talking almost, what, £50m for the trio. Let's not forget Madrid's annual transfer budget is about £50m net - if not more; and we must also factor in that their revenue increase almost yearly; and the ability to spread purchase cost over players contracts (amortisation). All this was while the fans were waiting with baited breathe
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 am

I like Benzema. It's hard for any striker to score many with Ronaldo in the team.

To be honest, I think he'll do well in the PL. Perhaps not as well as Higauin would've...but that's history now.

So, we've got the money (over 100m in my opinion after reading swissramble)..now's the time to strike.

Any player knows we are pretty much in the CL now. I think the Emirates will be burnt to the ground if we lose 4-0 to Fenerbache and that is unthinkable.

CL football. Loads of cash. Players still out there. A beautiful stadium and pitch to play on. The BEST training facilities IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Full stadiums every week. Great atmosphere. Huge wages. An excellent team on the verge of being succesful if a few excellent additions can be made.

What's not to like?

I hate playing the 'who I would buy game' as it feels a bit like playing Football Manager.

Here goes.

I would like (I think we could actually afford this):

Benzema: 35-40m
Fellaini: 27m or Bender 30m
Jagielka: 12m
Begovic: 15m
Di Maria: 35m
Flamini: Free

I think we'll get:

Flamini: Free
Cabaye: 19m
Williams: 9m
Michu: 20m
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:25 am

is it true that you are getting flamini back O.o ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:37 am

DeviAngel wrote:is it true that you are getting flamini back O.o ?
Not a done deal, but it's looking pretty likely. He is free after all!
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next