McAgger
Sina
SUPERCARTTS
EL Patron
RedOranje
65 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Lex Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:39 pm

I'd rather have Eboue back than Flamini, £50k a month wage and all

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 pm

If we sign Flamoney then :facepalm: 

Signing a freebie instead of going for a quality midfielder :facepalm: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

EL Patron wrote:If we sign Flamoney then :facepalm: 

Signing a freebie instead of going for a quality midfielder :facepalm: 
1 step backwards 2 steps back, the Arsenal way.

Wenger. Laughing

We needed 3-4 players before the injuries, not we need at least 5.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 pm

@bbcsport_david: Mathieu Flamini set to rejoin Arsenal - talks ongoing, should be finalised in coming days. Will be used as DMF & FB cover #afc #bbcfootball

I imagine he'll be signed up tonight or tomorrow so he can be in the squad for Fulham.

He's a sensible short-term choice, I suppose. We should never have gotten ourselves into this sort of position, but it's not like signing him would prevent us from looking at better players still in January and next summer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 pm

I guess I am the only one glad to see him back Laughing And I agree with what Jay said. Plus, he knows the club, and the system.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Find it so funny how we've finally replaced Flamini by signing Flamini.rofl rofl

Wenger: 'The transfer window, for us starts now. We have 12 days and a lot will happen'

He was not kidding.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:57 pm

This signing has frugality written all over it. We could have signed a quality midfielder during the start of the windows, seems to me that another midfielder was never Wenger's priority in the first place. He would have just gone into the season with Arteta as our only proven defensive midfielder. When this signing happens, we can kiss goodbye to dreams of signing Kebab and any other midfielder.

I am so disappointed, we went from Bender to Gustavo to Cabaye to Flamini The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 2276801876
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Chumlum wrote:If Flamini is the only midfield signing, that'd be more than worrying.

If Flamini comes along with at least one other significant midfield signing, and is instead kind of a back-up option because of injuries to Arteta, Diaby, even Ox, and potentially (always) Rosicky ... it's not a bad deal IMO. :coffee:

Still, you have to wonder about this history of bringing in players Arsenal let go from earlier years. Campbell, Henry, Lehmann ...
They left with their heads held high and are loved by the fans.

Flamini? This is a complete disgrace.

Our club has lost it's pride if this is true.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm

I hope Flamoney fails his medical
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Flamini

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Btw if Willian signs with Chelsea... imagine us hijacking Spurs' Lamela deal Laughing

Would be hilarious considering that they would have no replacement for Bale and we would've got a great prospect.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

Michael ⚽ Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 39m
Arsenal fans slaughtering Flamini for leaving. Just remember, he was on £20k a month, when likes of Eboue & Denilson were on £50k per week!
Enough  said. I have always been a fan of Flamini. Was gutted to see him go. I think there is still a LOT he can offer. Would not hurt  buying him for free.
How blind can you be?

He was offered 60 to 80 k and he still ran like a bitch to Milan. So pathetic that you guys are even condoning this. I would rather Frimpong play.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Besides Denilson got a new contract AFTER Flamini left, we was going to get a similar contract.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:15 pm

EL Patron wrote:This signing has frugality written all over it. We could have signed a quality midfielder during the start of the windows, seems to me that another midfielder was never Wenger's priority in the first place. He would have just gone into the season with Arteta as our only proven defensive midfielder. When this signing happens, we can kiss goodbye to dreams of signing Kebab and any other midfielder.

I am so disappointed, we went from Bender to Gustavo to Cabaye to Flamini The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 2276801876
20m to 17m to 10m to free agent.. :bow:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 pm

We need bodies. Sign him, idgaf
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Again, I think it's all contingent on whether Arsenal bring in another midfielder. If Flamini is just cover for a deeper midfield and (if need be) fullback, then it's really not a bad move. Flamini + a terrific midfielder between 10-25m could be a great move. Flamini + no one would prove really distressing.

And I do think that there is room for two midfielders. Especially if Frimpong has no real future here. Arteta and Ramsey, as the two deeper players, have no honest back-up otherwise. There are only players who can fill in there, but are arguably better suited to more attacking roles - Rosicky, Wilshere, Ox.

So ... while it sucked when Flamini left in 2008, I don't recall it being anywhere as noxious as the sagas surrounding, say, Nasri or RvP. Or even the bad behaviour of The Greatest Striker That Ever Lived. He was on low wages at Arsenal, and the club left it late but did offer him a solid wage - but that fair wage didn't compare to what Milan (and I think other clubs?) offered because he'd come off a great season and they were willing to pay him a TON. And remember Milan were a major club in '08, they'd won the Champions League the year before that. (EDIT: Not saying Milan are a small club now or anything, obviously they're one of the perennial greats, but their pull & prestige was greater then than it was, like, a couple years ago.) Flamini was a bit of a mercenary douchebag, but not an unforgivable villain. IMO.

Besides, he's surely learned humility, as he's one of the looong list of players who've left Arsenal feeling like ballers ... only to end up discovering, harshly, that the grass is not always greener. Laughing
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:40 pm

fLAMINI will provide cover for fthe fullback position, as well as B2B and DM.
He is free
Emotions aside, you all know he would provide solid backup for the options mentioned above.

If we spend less of Flam, it would only mean that we are spending the remaining on that marquee signing. (Call me an optimist )
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Lex wrote:Flamini was originally a defensive mid, if i recall correctly
A defensive midfielder who couldn't hold his position... no wonder we were even worse defensively back then with him and Cex Laughing
What?

We almost won the leage that year.

Flamini was holding the midfield on his own with Cesc upfront. Plus, we played 4-4-2(kind of) that season.

We suffered so badly after losing him.

Had Flamini stayed, we would not cry for a DM for a long time.

FYI....
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:49 pm

And why didn't we win the league that year?

We conceded more goals than all our rivals that's why and those goals came from the poor protection Flamini and Fabregas gave the back 4 plus some individual mistakes by Clichy and Toure.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Don't think that's quite right, Urban. We were four points off the title winners that year and lost to Chelsea and United during the run-in. Team performance overall dropped after that Birmingham result. It wasn't just down to the Flamini/Fabregas duo.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 pm

We lost the league that year defo not because of the midfield lol. We lost because we were mentally fragile and we had the likes of Gallas, Toure and Clichy protecting the keeper.

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Flamini was great for you a few years back and is making a return before turning 30, why so few of you are unwilling to give him a chance?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Don't think that's quite right, Urban. We were four points off the title winners that year and lost to Chelsea and United during the run-in. Team performance overall dropped after that Birmingham result. It wasn't just down to the Flamini/Fabregas duo.
I wasn't implying we lost it ONLY because of the poor midfield protection, there were other factors as Eduardo's injury (who was in great form at the time), Clichy's lack of concentration, Kolo's tendency to concede stupid penalties, some poor refereeing and Adebayor missing easy chances.

My point is we conceded more goals than United, Chelsea and even Liverpool and the midfield protection was one of the reasons why we conceded so many goals.

Nowadays we defend much better (when Arteta plays) and if we had a better attack as we did in 07/08 we would concede even less goals now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Flamini is a solid acquisition!!! He was one of the better midfielders in Italy for half of last year... He will provide great coverage as a squad player.. I am a bit uneasy because I know the way that Wenger operates and how frugal he can be. Hopefully he does not see Flamini as our solution

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Another twist in the Luis #Suarez transfer saga in Friday's @guardian_sport. read online from 2230 tonight
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:55 pm

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next