RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:11 am

I think we'll make a final 50m bid in the next few days. I think we were waiting for gervais to be sold, possibly.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:12 am

Gundogan is just impossible though. But so was Suarez...

He also says to a guy that we have a target bigger than Gundogan. I can't imagine anyone bigger than Gundogan unless it's Cesc but Cesc is not that discrete nor the same position. Bastian lol?

Time to hit the bed Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:12 am

Why the bloody hell do you want Gundogan? i know he's quality but bloody hell he's about as capable as a DM as Wilshere is.

Some of these targets utterly baffle me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why the bloody hell do you want Gundogan? i know he's quality but bloody hell he's about as capable as a DM as Wilshere is.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/86/xowen10.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 am

Chumlum wrote:Gundogan, Gustavo, Lars Bender ... if the club are making serious inquiries into these players this summer (and it seems they are), then we know AW isn't messing around when he says he's after quality.

I'd agree but I still don't think wenger is about that life. If we were to land suarez, I doubt anyone else of that caliber would come
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:47 am

lenear1030 wrote:
Chumlum wrote:Gundogan, Gustavo, Lars Bender ... if the club are making serious inquiries into these players this summer (and it seems they are), then we know AW isn't messing around when he says he's after quality.

I'd agree but I still don't think wenger is about that life. If we were to land suarez, I doubt anyone else of that caliber would come

So do you think that these bids and inquiries are just for show? I don't know. I mean, back in the day Wenger would sometimes spend quite substantial sums on transfers. It was only after the arrival of sugar daddy money and a new stadium that Wenger & the club were forced to play such an extreme value game in the transfer market. But we're moving past that period.

I can certainly understand the idea that maybe they're not as good as negotiating at the top end of the market as they should be, and as we'd like them to be. But otherwise the simplest explanation is probably the best - there's money to spend, and Wenger is looking to spend it on the right players. But it's not easy to just quickly sign whoever you want if you're neither a title-winning side nor an oil club. Now that there is a lot of money available, Champions League is all that is keeping Arsenal competitive on this high level of the market.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why the bloody hell do you want Gundogan? i know he's quality but bloody hell he's about as capable as a DM as Wilshere is.

Well, agreed on that point, but maybe at this stage Arsenal fans & onlookers have to just accept that Wenger's long had a chance to get a player like Capoue and clearly that kind of player is not high on AW's priority list. If Wenger's really interested in Gundogan maybe he thinks Ramsey can channel his energetic self into being a positionally deeper, calmer presence like Arteta is.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:53 am

-----------------------Cesar------------------------------
Sagna---------Mertesacker-------Koscielny---------Gibbs
--------------Gundogan-------Wilshere-------------------
Suarez------------------Cesc------------------Cazorla
---------------------Rooney-----------------------------

<------------See my avatar
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:27 am

Chumlum wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:

So do you think that these bids and inquiries are just for show? I don't know. I mean, back in the day Wenger would sometimes spend quite substantial sums on transfers. It was only after the arrival of sugar daddy money and a new stadium that Wenger & the club were forced to play such an extreme value game in the transfer market. But we're moving past that period.

I can certainly understand the idea that maybe they're not as good as negotiating at the top end of the market as they should be, and as we'd like them to be. But otherwise the simplest explanation is probably the best - there's money to spend, and Wenger is looking to spend it on the right players. But it's not easy to just quickly sign whoever you want if you're neither a title-winning side nor an oil club. Now that there is a lot of money available, Champions League is all that is keeping Arsenal competitive on this high level of the market.

Don't think all the bids are for show, it seems we're trying somewhat but I believe when we hit on one, we're going to settle at that. I just can't see us bringing in multiple Top, players in. Operating in that space is foreign to the club, and it's too late in the game. Clubs were snatching up their targets before the season was over and we felt that we had all the time in the world to do our business. Over a month in during the official window period, we still have nothing to show for our efforts.

Bottom line is with the amount of time left and our ineptitude of completing transfers I just cant see us landing more than one elite player, if that.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 am

if these words are true, i am surprised that he is saying all these to join Arsenal or whether someone like Madrid, Chelsea or Manure will come out of nowhere... or does he believe that he has a genuine chance to win trophies at Arsenal ? and i am 100% sure that he will so the same to us in 1-2 years if we fail to win any trophies...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 am

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Mikel Arteta said that:
I am very convinced but the great players normally come at the end of the transfer window. The clubs work hard to keep their best players and I think Arsenal will do well in the transfer window.

He's talking about himself there :coffee:
Thumbs up nice one Sri.. Razz
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 am

Why the Hell is Wenger sitting back and watching Julio Cesar bugger of to Florence?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kogallo Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 am

Wenger to offer 40m + 2?
Kogallo
Kogallo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 am

My proposal:

do a BvB. Buy a good squad nobody wants or young or just good players people think are just above average(gondugan pre-bvb)

magic...

we really need a proper director of football
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Gervinho’s move to Roma is official, mostly, and The Ivorian winger has moved for a fee of around €8m, signing a four year contract.
He moved to North London on the back of some impressive Ligue 1 performances and arrived with a reputation as a tricky, if unpredictable, winger.
He leaves having failed to convince and despite scoring 4 and 7 goals respectively in his two seasons, will be most remembered for a string of glaring misses, not least of which the one in the Capital One Cup against Bradford.
To be fair to him, both seasons were interrupted by international commitments as he travelled away at key points for the African Cup of Nations.
Still, if there were issues with his quality, he couldn’t be faulted for effort (unlike some), and he’ll be hoping a link-up with his former Lille coach, now the boss of Roma, will revive his career.
Rudi Garcia said, “I’m happy with his signing, as I was happy with the captures of Morgan De Sanctis and Kevin Strootman. Gervinho is a quick player, he’s good at going deep and he has different characteristics to other players.”
According to Football Italia: “Roma have yet to officially register the player as they firstly need to free up a non-EU spot in their squad. That should be created by selling 32-year-old Brazilian Babù” – who, as we all know, is actually an animated Ocelot.
Fare thee well, Yao Kouassi.
We hardly knew you.
But we’re kinda ok with that.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 73569_609816802372135_609631145_n
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 pm

If Suarez comes into training at Arsenal, first thing he'll have to do is sit down and have a heart-to-heart about race relations with Bacary Sagna, while the rest of the squad sits cross-legged in a circle around them. It will be awkward, there may be tears, but everyone will sing koombayah at the end. Suarez's heart, like the Grinch's, will grow three times its size.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Al Ain reject Arsenal trial offer for Omar Abdulrahman.Would prefer an outright transfer bid instead.

http://goo.gl/g09kKD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsene Wenger admits Luis Suarez transfer on standby.

http://goo.gl/oEt2lQ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go with a LOL-worthy rumor:

Arsenal target Karim Benzema

http://goo.gl/TXtVMN
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Sky Sports pundit Phil Thompson:"With Liverpool's signings, they could be challenging Arsenal for a top-four place next year. Why choose Arsenal ahead of Liverpool?"

http://goo.gl/xDQzjF

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nicklas Bendtner dropped from the Denmark national team that is to play a friendly against Poland on August 14.

http://goo.gl/c0qrgP

A collective :facepalm: 
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Wenger apparently stepping up interest in the "next Cristiano Ronaldo",18-year old Spanish midfielder,Alvaro Vadillo.

Vadillo vs. Barcelona:

Vadillo vs. RM:
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Kogallo wrote:Wenger to offer 40m + 2?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 1004490_642749789068684_787580166_n
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admits a transfer bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is "on standby".

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/gunners-on-standby-for-suarez-move/link/698824/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kogallo Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm

To be honest I don't understand why Arsenal have gone through all this trouble for such a problematic player. Is he going to be a Bergkamp-esque player for us? What's on Arsene's mind?
Kogallo
Kogallo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Team photoshoot put back till friday.

Something might happen tomorrow if not late tonight. I am still confident about Cesc and Rooney
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Team photoshoot put back till friday.

Something might happen tomorrow if not late tonight. I am still confident about Cesc and Rooney
:whistle: Shocked
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:Team photoshoot put back till friday.

Dude...

Anyways, Spurs just signed Capoue. We can stop mentioning him as an option (as if we were ever after him).
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:33 pm

#FreeSuarez #FreeCesc
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next