Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o?

5 posters

Go down

Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o? Empty Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o?

Post by barca 2011 Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:22 am

Jean Marie Dongou Tsafack
D.O.B: 22 April 1995 (age 18)
Birth: Douala, Cameroon
Height: 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Number: 34
Position:Forward

This kid is having a great preseason in what will be his first year with the senior side at Barca, playing the role of striker. Now we all remember how badly we missed Samu after he was gone and whether or not he will ever be replaced is debatable. But seeing Dongou and his eye for goal, nationality and even similar build to Sammy you can't help but bringing up his name when talking about JMD. Let's hope he can keep this form going and see if he can follow in the footsteps of a great Cameroonian ex-Barca!

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o? Empty Re: Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o?

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 am

Good prospect lets see how he develops!
I don't think he is 1.83 tall at all though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o? Empty Re: Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o?

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:42 am

its too early to talk anything about a young striker. you know young potential strikers flopping hard is a regular event. our la masia has examples. But right now it seems he has potential to be good striker, although saw him only handful of games.
and yeah, no way he is 1.83 m:) 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Jean Marie Dongou - The new Samuel Eto'o? 5-0-barcelona-jean-marie-dongou-v-valarenga

With sergi roberto(?) i think

pretty solid 6footer. but if I'm not mistaken he wasn't always this tall
infact idk if this picture is even reliable :coffee: he can be 5'9 for all i know

anyways this isn't celebheights guys :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Wouldnt put that Etoo label on him as yet, but I do understand the connection.

I think he has good off ball movement and seems like he has a cool head in front of goal for a teenager.

I would really love to here what Etoo thinks of him, though perhaps not what he says to the media because I would imagine it would only be compliments.

I think this season he will play alot more than last in the B and what if he can do something similar to what Deloufeu did, he might catch a break.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah, definitely too early to label him that but there's definitely shades of him. But I also agree with the young strikers flopping, it happens more than we'd like it too. Lukaku was going to be the next drogba, Pato the next Brazilian great, Bojan the next big canterano, etc.. Although those 3 in particular are still young enough to become greats no doubt. But I get what you guys mean, it happens quite a bit. And the height, I'll admit I copied from wiki, and I did see the valerenga highlights and he didn't look that tall.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I think this season he will play alot more than last in the B and what if he can do something similar to what Deloufeu did, he might catch a break.
I really hope so because for the longest time we've had a shortage of an out-and-out striker like him. It's become all about false 9s, or wingers and MFs playing up front for us which is not a bad thing but at times we did need an alternate threat in the form of a "true" 9, if you will. This is of course when Messi would be unable to play upfront for whatever reason. And who better than a canterano who would be okay with that rather an established star who would not like the bench. A young Canterano seems ideal for that role.

I am however expecting Neymar to play almost 100% on the wings, but that too is yet to be known.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 am

exactly...we had been missing an out and out striker for long....and the guy is physically strong. liked how he used that in preseason vs aged defenders....
with Roberto we have got a box to box player and and pure striker in Dongou (if he shines)...clearly a good prospect

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down