urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by The Verminator Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 am

Lex wrote:Word on the street is Arsenal are ready to pay £40 million for El Vampiro. £35 mil upfront and £5 mil in add ons

£40 million triggers his release clause, right?
I dunno about the release clause but the latest on Suarez is that Rodgers values him at 55m but even if we offered them that amount they wouldn't necessarily accept it:

“It was an offer for what they [Arsenal] considered his value and worth. Obviously for a player of his quality, when you consider that Cavani has gone for £55m you know… Luis is up there in that bracket of top talent.

“Obviously it was an offer we didn’t deem worthy of the talent and even if they came back with that kind of amount [£55m] there’s no guarantee he would be sold even for that because we are trying to build something here."

Full story http://www.fanatix.com/news/suarez-worth-55m-like-cavani-says-liverpool-boss/128536/

The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Lex Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 am

Rodgers can value Suarez at £100 million if he so chooses. Once a release clause is met, it's more or less out of the club's hands and up to the player to decide what he wants to do. Whether the club then sell or not depending on his decision is a different matter altogether
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 am

inb4RO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Lex wrote:Rodgers can value Suarez at £100 million if he so chooses. Once a release clause is met, it's more or less out of the club's hands and up to the player to decide what he wants to do. Whether the club then sell or not depending on his decision is a different matter altogether

I'm not sure of there is an actual release clause, but there is a clause where a 40m bid would require Liverpool to contact Suarez's camp and let him know of the bid.

A 40m bid could accelerate the move as Suarez would clearly see we our interest is concrete and we could see him put on a transfer request. If this happens, I believe we'll be able to get him around 45m, but without the transfer request, can't see us getting him less then 50.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:15 pm

1. 40m is not a release clause, just a "we should let you know that there has been an offer" formality.

2. If Suarez puts in a transfer request, there is no loyalty in it, after all that Liverpool have done for him. If he did that, he would not be very different from Persie in my book.

3. Big money moves come with a lot of expectations. More so if we spend triple our transfer record. Apart from less than a handful of exceptions, I am having trouble counting players who justified their valuation - more so when Liverpool is one of the two parties in question.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Amar wrote:

A 40m bid could accelerate the move as Suarez would clearly see we our interest is concrete and we could see him put on a transfer request. If this happens, I believe we'll be able to get him around 45m, but without the transfer request, can't see us getting him less then 50.

Already posted in this thread.
Torres was sold to Chelsea for 50 after a transfer request. Liverpool does well in sales, We wont budge from our valuation.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Nishank wrote:
Torres was sold to Chelsea for 50 after a transfer request. Liverpool does well in sales, We wont budge from our valuation.

Seriously, I had to Laughing

Anyway. Please don't budge. I'd rather our board spent that money elsewhere.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 pm

We are better than other clubs that lets players leave at cut price deal so that they don't go free in the next window. Laughing

Pls you guys are the last people in the league to tell someone how to get the best price for a player. Ill leave it at that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Nishank wrote:We are better than other clubs that lets players leave at cut price deal so that they don't go free in the next window. Laughing

Pls you guys are the last people in the league to tell someone how to get the best price for a player. Ill leave it at that.

Easy there. You missed my point, I wasn't disagreeing about your prowess at selling for high prices. I found the ".. in sales" part hilarious, given how much you paid for Andy Caroll, etc. etc.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 pm

srigooner wrote:
Nishank wrote:We are better than other clubs that lets players leave at cut price deal so that they don't go free in the next window. Laughing

Easy there. You missed my point, I wasn't disagreeing about your prowess at selling for high prices. I found the ".. in sales" part hilarious, given how much you paid for Andy Caroll, etc. etc.

A sale is the act of selling a product or service in return for money or other compensation ffs.

Im not talking about buying players :facepalm:

We got around 1-2 million for the initial loan for Carroll and now we got 16.5 + Additional clauses for the sale. That actually gets us close to 20. 20 *bleep* MILLION FOR ANDY CARROLL. I slept early that night i was that happy.

The only big shit sale i remember is Aqua where we lost around 15 million straight.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Nishank wrote:

A sale is the act of selling a product or service in return for money or other compensation ffs.

Im not talking about buying players :facepalm:

Lol, seriously relax - don't get so worked up Laughing

I know very well how buying and selling are different. Razz You specifically said "in sales", and didn't let it hang as "Pool does well with transfers".. That was a smart way of putting it, and I found that bit hilarious is all.. Jeez! Laughing Take it easy there, fella! Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Clubber
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Not that I believe Suarez to be leaving or anything, but his current situation and Torres' situation a few years back is slightly incomparable, in that Torres was sold in the final week of the January window where the circumstances tend to be different than in the summer; prices tend to be higher as clubs don't have as much time to find replacements for players half-way through the season. Torres probably wouldn't have gone for so much had the deal happened in the summer window.

So while Liverpool to usually sell well, I'd be hesitant to use the Torres deal as a benchmark.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:25 pm

If AW is ready to spend upto 40-45mio,Arsenal can very well try to sign either Martinez or SES.

Both will be relatively cheaper with no issues/baggage.

AW can sign at least one of them.And personally,I think Arsenal can sign Martinez for 40-45mio that we reportedly want to spend on Suarez.

Martinez 2012/13:
SES 2012/13:
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:37 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370146/Arsenal-interested-Juan-Mata-Chelsea.html

rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:56 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370146/Arsenal-interested-Juan-Mata-Chelsea.html

rofl

They never stop.lol
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370146/Arsenal-interested-Juan-Mata-Chelsea.html

rofl

Article made because of few twitter rumours lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Regarding Suarez.

Let's see what happens. It should be clear in few weeks.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Just noticed it's only 4 weeks until the start of the season... I hate last minute deals, I hope if we want to make big strides this summer the next 4 weeks are crucial.

Come on Wenger, goddammit, do we gotta lick your ass so much
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:22 pm

4 weeks till the season but 1 month and 21 days till the transfer window closes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Just had a scary thought: imagine Napoli signing Higuain and playing him in the Emirates Cup. pale 

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Then we'll just have to thrash him and them :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Net Transfer Spend Summer 2013: 1. Man City £78m; 2. Chelsea £24.5m; 3. Soton £20.5m; 4. Swansea £20m; 5. Sp*rs £17m; 20. Arsenal -£2m
--------
Arsenal's Thomas Vermaelen & Laurent Koscielny among CB's short-listed & wanted by Barca. Daniel Agger viewed as most likely (Sport.ES)

Via Mick
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Man City are such a joke
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Gustavo has two years left on his Bayern contract.

10-12M should tempt
but if it was me i wouldn't sell him at all!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Luiz Gustavo for anything under 15m pounds would be a price I would be content/happy with from my armchair.

Twitter rumors about ESPN Brazil reporting Bernard to Arsenal for 21m. With limited web access, my best guess is this is just a repetition of earlier rumors of Arsenal's interest. But is an actual journalist reporting it, or is the journalist himself a fictitious element of the twitter bs?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next