McAgger
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lupi
sbaggio
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Who got the better deal? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who got the better deal?

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:ok we get it Tevez signed for Juve and he is shit plus United fans hate him even thou Ferguson himself said he is big game player.

Higuain Mardid reject is WC striker on par with Messi and Ronaldo with Falcao being the last choice.

Giroud signs for Arsenal he is World Class

we get it

It's not like that at all.  No one is piling on Juve, it's just that one of your fans thinks Tevez is better then Ibra which it's just so wrong it's not even funny.  Not only that you have one saying 35 games isn't enough to judge a striker in the Champions League.

I mean these "facts" are not only flat out wrong there shockingly bad opinions.

If any of you still harbor these crazy opinions just watch Serie A next season a league Ibra treated as his personal playground and see if Tevez comes anywhere close to what Ibra accomplished in the league.  I mean I think some of you forget how much Ibra dominated Serie A.

First of all nobody can compare Tevez and Ibra they are different players and Tevez is amazing in his role while IBra is in his role. Ppl said that because notice how much Juve and Tevez were underestimated and what I said is true, I mean notice when we signed Vidal some here even said another average player affraid and so on lol its not only about tevez its about all Juve players.

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
It's not like that at all.  No one is piling on Juve, it's just that one of your fans thinks Tevez is better then Ibra which it's just so wrong it's not even funny.  Not only that you have one saying 35 games isn't enough to judge a striker in the Champions League.

If any of you still harbor these crazy opinions just watch Serie A next season a league Ibra treated as his personal playground and see if Tevez comes anywhere close to what Ibra accomplished in the league.  I mean I think some of you forget how much Ibra dominated Serie A.

Just stop.

One person compared him to Ibra. One. And he was NOT a Juventus fan. No one agreed with him. Ibra is better than Tevez, no one is arguing that.

Just because Ibra is better than Tevez does not mean you need to bash Tevez and call him a rubbish player. Tevez is class. And this "off form 2 years" bullshit is mostly coming from people that havn't watched Tevez last season. They're basing it purely on the fact that he and Mancini had a fight and ran to Argentina. [Which had nothing to do with his performances.]
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:19 pm

ynwa wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Just stop.

One person compared him to Ibra. One. And he was NOT a Juventus fan. No one agreed with him. Ibra is better than Tevez, no one is arguing that.

Just because Ibra is better than Tevez does not mean you need to bash Tevez and call him a rubbish player. Tevez is class. And this "off form 2 years" bullshit is mostly coming from people that havn't watched Tevez last season. They're basing it purely on the fact that he and Mancini had a fight and ran to Argentina. [Which had nothing to do with his performances.]

Reading is FUNdamental.

See I even highlighted it where I said 1 person compared him to Ibra.

And you're off again. Tevez brought everything onto himself. City made him the corner stone of there team putting up massive billboards and giving him all the support he could ever dream of. And he re-payed them by trying to force his way out of the team and slam the city of Manchester in the process when HE PICKED THEM to play for after United. Not to mention HE QUIT ON THE TEAM!!!!!! And he wasted some of the best part of his career for no reason really.

The funniest part is that he was already living in Manchester playing for United wanted out of United and chose to go to City in the same freaking Town. And them complains like he didn't know what the City of Manchester was like. It's idiotic. To blame Mancini is just flat out wrong. I'm not a Mancini fan but Tevez is a cancer. There's a reason SAF didn't want him anymore.

It's OK to be somewhat of a cancer when you're world class but he's not anymore. If you want proof check out the 12 million dollar price tag. If he was still World Class a lot of other teams would be killing themselves to buy him for 12 mill and paying 15-20 even.

I mean I know some people have a very loose definition of what World Class is but we are talking about a striker who has broken the 20 goal mark in all competitions 1 time in Europe. Hell Frank Lampard has been doing that from midfield for as long as I can remember.

Not to mention the 6 goals in 35 games in the Champions League.

And this post is comparing him to Higgy and again 1 person to Ibra. I mean Higgy breaks 20 goals a season in his sleep even sharing time or as a backup. Not to mention he is on fire for Argentina right now and has outscored Tevez this WC qualification alone to Tevez's whole career in an Argentina shirt.

No one is saying Tevez sucks but he's not the same player he used to be, his country doesn't seem to care if he plays for them or not and he has a history of being a cancer. It's funny what time does to peoples memories on how out of line Tevez was at City.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Did you just use his pricetag to determine his ability as a player? rofl

Brb Mkhitrayan is more than twice the player Tevez is
Brb Carroll is better than Tevez
Brb Downing is better than Dembele and is more than twice the player Dempsey is
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah can't believe I have to say this AGAIN on here but a players ability is only a PART of determining a price.

You have age

How long the players contract is

Ability

If he's happy at the club i.e not forcing a move

Wage demands (Higher wage demands means the club may accept a low offer to get him off of the books)

If the club want him (They'll bump up the price significantly to stop them from going)

etc etc

So if you have an ELITE 32 year old player who is on a high wage, unhappy and about to run out of contract he's going to go for a damn sight cheaper than some slightly above average 21 year old who's happy at his small club and locked down to a 4 year contract.

Ability does not = PRICE.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah can't believe I have to say this AGAIN on here but a players ability is only a PART of determining a price.

You have age

How long the players contract is

Ability

If he's happy at the club i.e not forcing a move

Wage demands (Higher wage demands means the club may accept a low offer to get him off of the books)

If the club want him (They'll bump up the price significantly to stop them from going)

etc etc

So if you have an ELITE 32 year old player who is on a high wage, unhappy and about to run out of contract he's going to go for a damn sight cheaper than some slightly above average 21 year old who's happy at his small club and locked down to a 4 year contract.

Ability does not = PRICE.

Sure but if he were still World Class like some are saying I can guarantee you he would go for more then 12 million. Age or not.

There are a lot of teams searching for a world class striker and if more then 1 or 2 teams thought Tevez could be that then teams would bid each other up. Let's face it, City wasn't trying to do him any favors, they were going to take the most money.

Clubs are throwing around stupid money for all types of players who don't deserve it, a players price tag tells you what the market is for that player and as you can see his national team and European teams don't evaluate him that highly.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:05 pm

CBarca wrote:Did you just use his pricetag to determine his ability as a player? rofl

Brb Mkhitrayan is more than twice the player Tevez is
Brb Carroll is better than Tevez
Brb Downing is better than Dembele and is more than twice the player Dempsey is

No, actually if you read my post (Remember reading is FUNdamental) I used, these 4 things plus his price tag to prove what kind of player he's been.
1)His pathetic goal return in the Champions League
2)The fact that he's a total cancer and a quitter
3)The fact that he's scored over 20 goals once in his career in all comps in Europe as a striker
4)The fact that his national team want's nothing to do with him.

But as usual most things go straight over your head.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Just stop.

Reading is FUNdamental.  

See I even highlighted it where I said 1 person compared him to Ibra.

And you're off again.  Tevez brought everything onto himself.  City made him the corner stone of there team putting up massive billboards and giving him all the support he could ever dream of.  And he re-payed them by trying to force his way out of the team and slam the city of Manchester in the process when HE PICKED THEM to play for after United.  Not to mention HE QUIT ON THE TEAM!!!!!!  And he wasted some of the best part of his career for no reason really.

The funniest part is that he was already living in Manchester playing for United wanted out of United and chose to go to City in the same freaking Town. And them complains like he didn't know what the City of Manchester was like.  It's idiotic.  To blame Mancini is just flat out wrong.  I'm not a Mancini fan but Tevez is a cancer.  There's a reason SAF didn't want him anymore.

It's OK to be somewhat of a cancer when you're world class but he's not anymore.  If you want proof check out the 12 million dollar price tag.  If he was still World Class a lot of other teams would be killing themselves to buy him for 12 mill and paying 15-20 even.

I mean I know some people have a very loose definition of what World Class is but we are talking about a striker who has broken the 20 goal mark in all competitions 1 time in Europe.  Hell Frank Lampard has been doing that from midfield for as long as I can remember.

Not to mention the 6 goals in 35 games in the Champions League.

And this post is comparing him to Higgy and again 1 person to Ibra.  I mean Higgy breaks 20 goals a season in his sleep even sharing time or as a backup.  Not to mention he is on fire for Argentina right now and has outscored Tevez this WC qualification alone to Tevez's whole career in an Argentina shirt.

No one is saying Tevez sucks but he's not the same player he used to be, his country doesn't seem to care if he plays for them or not and he has a history of being a cancer.  It's funny what time does to peoples memories on how out of line Tevez was at City.

Reading is FUNdamental.  

See I even highlighted it where I said 1 person compared him to Ibra WHO WASN'T A JUVENTUS FAN THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY STATE.

Tevez brought nothing on himself. Mancini is simply a douche. He has no man management at all. There's a reason not too many players cared that he left, and majority of the players that left have gone to be "more disciplined" and actually showed their talent. Balotelli is an example here. He was "cancer" according to Mancini. How's he doing at Milan? Just fine, eh. The only cancer at the club was Mancini himself. He lost the dressing room, and wasn't the man to take them forward. And he was rightfully sacked.

NT means f*ck all... especially when it comes to Argentina. The whole system is based around Lionel Messi. I mean, everything is based around Lionel Messi. There's a reason the likes of Aguero and co also struggle for NT. Argentina lack a game plan. They're far too Messi orientated and to argue other players don't perform because of their talent would be delusional.

Lampard was world class. Easily. He's struggling with age now, but that's only natural. Tevez went for cheap because of his high wages. He was getting paid 220k a week. Obviously the inital fee is going to be for less.

Again. Tevez has absolutely NO RELATIONSHIP with Ferguson. Infact, I'm pretty sure Ferguson wanted Tevez to stay. United did offer Tevez a new contract and Tevez did reject it. He didn't want to play under Fergie so he left to City. He wanted to leave City later because his family didn't like England; it had nothing to do with Carlos himself. Not too sure what you're going on about with your little area idea.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:40 pm

DeviAngel wrote:New Juventus signing Carlos Tevez admits he “used to be a hot-head, but I’ve learned how to behave. I am simply honest.”

The striker completed his transfer from Manchester City for €9m plus a potential further €6m in performance related bonuses.

He sat down with Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport to reassure fans about his fiery reputation.

“I am simply honest,” he noted. “At the start of my career in England I used to be a hot-head. If the manager substituted me, I’d swear and insult him. I’m not like that anymore, as I’ve learned how to behave.”

Most famously Tevez refused to come off the bench in the final minutes of a Champions League match with Bayern Munich, infuriating Roberto Mancini.

“On TV it looked much worse than it was. When the manager decided to take off Edin Dzeko and introduce a defender, I was upset and sat back down on the bench.

“However, at that moment the really angry one was Dzeko, who started insulting Mancini in Bosnian and the manager replied in Italian. It was a surreal scene.

“I was sitting there talking to Zabaleta and when Mancini turned round he saw me sitting down, but was furious because of the row with Dzeko and took it out on me.

“My rapport with Mancini wasn’t always ideal, but there was always great respect.”

Carlitos was signed because Juventus lack a finisher, though he insists that is only a small part of his game.

“I am not desperate to score goals, as I prefer to work for the team, perfect a move and create an assist for my teammate. Obviously if the chance arises then I do know how to find the net... I like scoring, but I am not egotistical.

“I do not have a favourite goal, as they are all the same to me. The important thing is that it goes over the line.”

Tevez had also been linked with Real Madrid, but aimed a sideswipe at their star player Cristiano Ronaldo – his former Manchester United teammate.

“My ideal trident would be me with Wayne Rooney and Leo Messi. They are the players who make me dream, not Ronaldo.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 pm

^ Geez that sounds a lot like it was Mancini's fault. Maybe he has turned it around but he has to actually show that instead of just saying it.

The fact he admitted it is nice to hear. I still can't believe there are posters here that claim it was Mancini's fault he refused to go into a game and he quit on the team and all the other crap he pulled when he WANTED TO FORCE A TRANSFER MIDSEASON not because of Mancini but because he said he didn't like the town of Manchester and not enough people spoke Spanish.

Or that his family was too far away in England but if he played in Spain or Italy that would be OK. Last time I checked there's plenty of people who speak Spanish on City's team and somehow they have managed to live with there families there and make more money they can ever dream of. It's such a joke that people blame this on Mancini, it's hilarious.

The manager is there to manage not to placate a guy who quits on his team, slams his City (who loved him BTW) and WENT BACK TO ARGENTINA MIDSEASON to play golf for a couple months.

What a joke. And then this said person brings up Balotelli like any manager can control him. Balotelli said countless times that Mancini was one of his favorite managers. I'm sure Balotelli's famous and documented history of attitude problems and pointless red cards was Mancini's fault. Because he was such an angel before he went to city. Again, what a joke.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:16 pm

dem comments if AC Millan, Liverpool, Dortmund etc had been the team that signed Tevez

"wow what a world class player and at that price too, blah blah blah"

but once its Juve it must b different, and Tevez is now out of form all of a sudden......

for whoever claimed n team wanted Tevez, Monaco did, AC Milan did,Anzhi did, it was claimed even Madrid did, and am sure Tevez could have chosen any fr higher wages....

am sure Liverpool fans would be happy if they got Tevez as a Suarez replacement, so would Spurs fans for Bale, that unfair treatment cos its Juve buying must stop, Higuain is nothing compared to Ibra, in fact Higuain hasn't proven sh*t to even walk behind Tevez, in terms of achievements, all his goals were in la liga, yet many call him WC cos he is going to Arsenal, his age, and his goals in la liga,

llorente signs for Juve, people claim he is nothing, scores against sh*t teams, remind us of last season, when he had a problem with Bielsa, was injured and came back from injury to ride the bench mostly,

had he signed for Pool, Spurs, Untd, City, Dortmund, PSG, Monaco, Arsenal, Inter or Milan or even say Athletico Madrid, oh I wonder how differently te comments would have been....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Juve got the better deal, they have their player we dont.

you are a wise man!
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arsenal easily.

Juventus went for the inferior cheap option once again like they did when they backed out of Aguero deal and got Vucinic.

Obviously they still win Serie A as no one comes close Tevez or no Tevez but they are not impacting CL until they stop being so stubborn.

Laughing

Don't challenge the GL historian Rupert Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:02 am

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arsenal easily.

Juventus went for the inferior cheap option once again like they did when they backed out of Aguero deal and got Vucinic.

Obviously they still win Serie A as no one comes close Tevez or no Tevez but they are not impacting CL until they stop being so stubborn.

Laughing

Don't challenge the GL historian Rupert Proud

+1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:03 am

Mole where u at
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:13 am

Tevez: 13m - gave Juvi two great seasons, lead them to the CL final, but left prematurely for 6m or so.

Higgy: 38m - played two good seasons but could've done better. Is one of the reasons Napoli missed a CL spot. Has maintained his market value and will not go for anything less than Napoli payed for him. Can still redeem himself.

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:16 am

Can mods please edit the OP so it doesn't look like Higuain went to Arsenal Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:36 am

zizzle wrote:Tevez: 13m - gave Juvi two great seasons, lead them to the CL final, but left prematurely for 6m or so.

Higgy: 38m - played two good seasons but could've done better. Is one of the reasons Napoli missed a CL spot. Has maintained his market value and will not go for anything less than Napoli payed for him. Can still redeem himself.

He left for 6m because we let him go for 6m, we could have played hard ball but we are not that kind of a club, it was sign of gratitude and we didn't even get money we got one youngster and first option on three others.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4